AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-02-02, 09:32   Link #161
Jill Valentine

Fear is also a common phobia people have. I have a dentophobia & Dysmorphophobia.
Jill Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 15:20   Link #162
psycho_luny
close to insanity
*Author

Send a message via MSN to psycho_luny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Fear is nothing at all just weakness that you need to get over and one cant get over the great fear of life
your right on the first one, but i have to dis agree on the second part.
there are people who feel now fear at all, see 1 in the mirror every day.
everything can be taught and overcome if the person wants it bad enough.
Old 2010-02-03, 01:39   Link #163
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

People use fear so they wont have to do some thing that they dont what to do so they can stay in there one world. All you have to do is jump head first and do it to it if your scared of snakes touch one if your scared of spiders hold one. Fear is only a state of mind just telling you not to do move forward and become stronger for it. Its like jumping off a high place into the water blow at first you fear it but once you do it you can do it as many times at you like.
Old 2010-02-03, 01:49   Link #164
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
Fear can help you. Fear does not hold you back, it is not a weakness but a natural instinct like RB pointed out. You can become stronger with fear not weak. I agree that fear can lower your confidence but it can also make you brave.

"All is lost."
Aimingan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 02:29   Link #165
Jill Valentine

Quote:
People use fear so they wont have to do some thing that they dont what to do so they can stay in there one world. All you have to do is jump head first and do it to it if your scared of snakes touch one if your scared of spiders hold one. Fear is only a state of mind just telling you not to do move forward and become stronger for it. Its like jumping off a high place into the water blow at first you fear it but once you do it you can do it as many times at you like.
How about being buried alive? Should they burry them selfs and see if they can beat their phobia! The answer is no. Just like what you say about snakes, if it's a real phobia they won't be able to beat it like you say, because they'll have phobia attacks, which some die of.

Btw, fear is something you're scared of temporarily, when you grow up, you sometime get over it, simple things that is.
And when you fear of certain things' it's called phobia, which you won't be able to beat (because of something you experienced).

[edit] Uh i got to stop editing a hundred times

Last edited by Jill Valentine; 2010-02-03 at 02:49.
Old 2010-02-03, 02:41   Link #166
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Fear is nothing at all just weakness that you need to get over and one cant get over the great fear of life
Fear is not a weakness. It's a an emotion thats part of us, such as joy, sadness and anger. You can't simple get over it. We are human beings and as such those emotions will alvays be part of us. Everyone fears about comething, nobody is perfect. Fear is also distinguished from the related emotional state of anxiety, which typically occurs without any external threat. Additionally, fear is related to the specific behaviors of escape and avoidance, whereas anxiety is the result of threats which are perceived to be uncontrollable or unavoidable.
Old 2010-02-03, 02:50   Link #167
Jill Valentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Fear is not a weakness. It's a an emotion thats part of us, such as joy, sadness and anger. You can't simple get over it. We are human beings and as such those emotions will alvays be part of us. Everyone fears about comething, nobody is perfect. Fear is also distinguished from the related emotional state of anxiety, which typically occurs without any external threat. Additionally, fear is related to the specific behaviors of escape and avoidance, whereas anxiety is the result of threats which are perceived to be uncontrollable or unavoidable.
QFTT
Finaly someone understand's what fear is.
Old 2010-02-04, 01:41   Link #168
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Who is going to get buried alive in the first place this dont happen like that and in case of an avalanche I can see but must likely you will be long dead to care. Emotions them selfs are the biggest weakness them it self and I know no one is perfect but you should not fear any thing just move foreword and make your self a better person for getting over that weakness
Old 2010-02-04, 03:17   Link #169
Jill Valentine

I'm guessing you don't understand what phobia means. What it feels like to have a phobia.
No one knows which kinds of strange things might come your way in your life, and you wouldn't know what might happen when it does!

So saying you shouldn't be afraid of anything to others won't help them get over what ever fear they're living with. Maybe they've passed gruesome stuff in their life which you never did and never dreamed off, offending them won't make you stronger.
Old 2010-02-04, 11:21   Link #170
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Emotions them selfs are the biggest weakness them it self and I know no one is perfect but you should not fear any thing just move foreword and make your self a better person for getting over that weakness
I suggest you read this.

Why fear is good

A really courageous person is not fearless, rather he understands the danger in a situation and takes necessary steps to deal with it in the best way possible. A person who understands fear and can act in spite of it, truly is the brave person. Also, a person who understands emotions and feelings and can act rationally is a strong person as well. People who don't show emotions may not connect with others or may appear insensitive.

Showing emotions is not a weakness, but one has to know when to give in to them and when to keep them in check.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 23:36   Link #171
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Emotions them selfs are the biggest weakness them it self and I know no one is perfect but you should not fear any thing just move foreword and make your self a better person for getting over that weakness
If that's true, then why do we still have emotions in this day and age? If emotions were a true weakness like you claim they are, including fear, then they would have been weeded out of the human population via natural selection a long time ago. Clearly emotions, and fear itself, is extremely important if they still exist even now.
Old 2010-02-04, 23:54   Link #172
Haladflire65
*Artist

You know, the things Master Yoma pots reminds me of people from Equilibrium and The Giver. "No feelings allowed! That is what makes a perfect world!"

Well, you know what? I agree with Beamers 100%. Emotions are important. Emotions are what makes human human. That's what I believe. And no matter how emotionless or fearless you claim yourself to be, you'll still have feelings, unless you're a cyborg, and that's a fact.

Isn't this the kind of stuff that comes out all the time in movies and anime? Harry Potter, anyone? "True bravery"?
Old 2010-02-04, 23:56   Link #173
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well I have know idea why we still have emotions but there easy to lose but if you all what to live in fear im one not to judge but every one can get over them
Old 2010-02-04, 23:59   Link #174
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Hmhm... indeed that does, sometimes...

I'm afraid of bees, actually. I stepped on one barefooted (I learned my lesson -- No need to tell me.) and I was forced to go to the emergency room, The doctors considered amputation.

Don't worry, I'm still walking on both.. just a severe infection >_<;

Never liked them ever since, and I don't want to be near them.

...That is both logical, and illogical. Which sometimes help the situation in both scenarios.

Last edited by Arbitres; 2010-07-11 at 03:24.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 03:14   Link #175
Jill Valentine

Quote:
Well I have know idea why we still have emotions but there easy to lose but if you all what to live in fear im one not to judge but every one can get over them
No matter how anyone try's to deny it, they too have fears (even though they'll say they don't) every human being has fears. If you don't then you're a lousy liar! No offence though, i was talking about everyone not only you.
Old 2010-02-05, 10:39   Link #176
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
I argue that. Even if we don't want them, emotions aren't easy to lose in the slightest; they're practically hardwired into us from birth. Having emotions and expressing them isn't "living in fear" as you put it, it's being human and showing who you are. Granted, there's a time and place for emotions, so yes, one most learn to control them. Fear is one of those emotions that can be controlled, and it's the farthest thing from weakness.

Honestly, I must ask you: have you ever experienced a phobia? If you have, you know just how hard it is to come to terms with that phobia and accept it so it doesn't paralyze your life. Which isn't to say it's not possible, it is; I wouldn't be able to go to high places now if it wasn't. But those fears are real, and they mean something. It isn't enough to just "get over them" so much as it is accepting that they exist and taking them for what they are.
Old 2010-02-05, 10:53   Link #177
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Emotions aren't easy to lose. They can be controlled, even suppressed, but they can't be lost. If you lose your emotions, you would lose the very thing that makes you human. When you speak of emotions, you had better be talking about all of them, not just fear and other negative emotions you'd personally rather do without. Pleasure is an emotion you probably like to have. Do you want to lose that as well because it makes you weak?

Emotions are neccessary for us because it gives us a chance to know who we are, what we like or don't like, what we appreciate, what we're afraid of, and because of these emotions, we are able to know who we are, our own weaknesses and strengths and how we can improve them. If we didn't have those, we'd be no better than robots. We wouldn't be able to grow, and our lives would be hollow. What do you prefer? The hollow life of a robot, or a life of fulfillment?
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 11:29   Link #178
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
Well perhaps it is possible to get over something that you're afraid of but it's not as easy as it sounds. But yeah I do agree that just living in fear is pretty harmful and not a good way to spend your life. Sorry if I misunderstood your point. Without emotions, YOU wouldn't probably be interested in anime as you are now seeing that you're on an anime forum

Emotions are a pretty big factor in what makes us, as everybody else said, human. Without emotions the world would be a pretty boring place. Fear doesn't have to be taken in a negative way. Some people are just scared of simple common things like bugs and sometimes it's funny to see them get all freaked out just by seeing one. Of course I'm talking about when your with friends. But its not funny anymore if the person faints.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 15:52   Link #179
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Well perhaps it is possible to get over something that you're afraid of but it's not as easy as it sounds.
Actually it's easy for me, whenever I was afraid of something I would have nightmares about it...so many that the invoked fear gradually turned into boredom, so I got over it all...black cats, elevators, hell, vampires, exams, all sorts of small things
The tricky thing is, you don't know what ELSE you could be afraid of, so unless you know everything you can't really throw away your fear as an emotion; something unknown could scare you at any given time.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 22:42   Link #180
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Only thing I feared was a speeding ticket after I got pulled over. Said on the back that I have a conviction after I paid up the fee.

Asked someone with legal experience and he told me a few points are taken off my license.

PS - I'm in British Colombia, Canada in case anyone's asking.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote