Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2010-02-05, 13:27   Link #2761
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hawk View Post
Hmm, so errr... there's also the question of where he's getting his supply from.
Old 2010-02-05, 14:08   Link #2762
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Girl buried alive in Turkish 'honour killing'

hmmm......parts of the world are still anti-feminist
Old 2010-02-05, 14:50   Link #2763
Jill Valentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
Girl buried alive in Turkish 'honour killing'

hmmm......parts of the world are still anti-feminist
Bunch of animals. Just because she's not married doesen't mean she can't have male friends. I hope they go to hell,for murdering a young girl who still hasn't seen life, they're pathetic psychopaths.
Jill Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 15:28   Link #2764
Seitsuki
Onee!

It's sad but things like this happen regularly in many areas where governments don't hold that much power (or sometimes it's the government that actively encourages it..)
Part of it is their "tradition", that men hold all the power and women just have to accept it; Western society was able to change because it had developed by around the 1800s a sort of freedom where women could at least speak out and not risk being killed for it and as this freedom was taken more for granted and became entrenched wider equality grew. On the other hand women in those areas (parts of India/Pakistan, Middle-East and so on) have very little influence and the men there are now rather "paranoid" because they see what has happened in the West, fear that it may happen to them and that they would lose power, so they therefore silence dissent rapidly. Also the whole "feminist" thing (it's an overused word now and has lost much of it's original meaning, but the idea is still there) is seen as Western and as such is resisted in places just because of that. Much will have to change before these prejudices fully fade.
Old 2010-02-05, 15:46   Link #2765
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
Hmm, so errr... there's also the question of where he's getting his supply from.
Heck this is silly even by my low standards . But the first thing that came to mind was PONY from FUMOFFU . For those of you wondering what the hell is Pony, here is a video

Spoiler for PONY / Fumoffu / FMP:

Always love the ending i.e. the interaction between Bonta & Pony (1.20) ^.^
Old 2010-02-05, 16:18   Link #2766
Jill Valentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
It's sad but things like this happen regularly in many areas where governments don't hold that much power (or sometimes it's the government that actively encourages it..)
Part of it is their "tradition", that men hold all the power and women just have to accept it; Western society was able to change because it had developed by around the 1800s a sort of freedom where women could at least speak out and not risk being killed for it and as this freedom was taken more for granted and became entrenched wider equality grew. On the other hand women in those areas (parts of India/Pakistan, Middle-East and so on) have very little influence and the men there are now rather "paranoid" because they see what has happened in the West, fear that it may happen to them and that they would lose power, so they therefore silence dissent rapidly. Also the whole "feminist" thing (it's an overused word now and has lost much of it's original meaning, but the idea is still there) is seen as Western and as such is resisted in places just because of that. Much will have to change before these prejudices fully fade.

They don't have the rights to do that. If they think women are low and if they think ladies aren't human, well they'll have to get a damn science book and read it. Other than that it's clear they're animals.
Acting as if they were gods and different from women, bunch of idiots.
Old 2010-02-05, 16:28   Link #2767
Seitsuki
Onee!

Many people don't have the "right" to do the things that they do. But what are rights? Only that which is perceived. Your view of rights will be very different to, say, someone who grew up in Afghanistan. Your upbringing has taught you certain values and the same goes for them: in their case they grew up being taught that men were superior, saw that being the case around them everyday and so by the time they are adults it is what they know and nothing else. To them you would be as crazy and maniacal as they obviously are to you, maybe even thinking you the animal, thinking something like "who is this woman to speak such things? no respect etcetc". it's sad but that is their society and what has been their way of life for so long. It would take many social, economic and political changes before they can be made to see differently and although the process has begun it still has a long way to go.
Old 2010-02-05, 16:32   Link #2768
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Valentine View Post
They don't have the rights to do that. If they think women are low and if they think ladies aren't human, well they'll have to get a damn science book and read it. Other than that it's clear they're animals.
Acting as if they were gods and different from women, bunch of idiots.
Understandably, we're all pissed off, but mikita's seitsuki's right, reality is that this happens to this day. Particularly in Islamic countries. It's sickening that these people do this, but it's well-accepted across these communities. They don't understand the equal-sex concept, and we don't understand the male-dominance concept of this degree. Either party looks down on each other.

Last edited by Haruka_Kitten; 2010-02-06 at 03:19. Reason: Name change? Huh?
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 16:33   Link #2769
Jill Valentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
Many people don't have the "right" to do the things that they do. But what are rights? Only that which is perceived. Your view of rights will be very different to, say, someone who grew up in Afghanistan. Your upbringing has taught you certain values and the same goes for them: in their case they grew up being taught that men were superior, saw that being the case around them everyday and so by the time they are adults it is what they know and nothing else. To them you would be as crazy and maniacal as they obviously are to you, maybe even thinking you the animal, thinking something like "who is this woman to speak such things? no respect etcetc". it's sad but that is their society and what has been their way of life for so long. It would take many social, economic and political changes before they can be made to see differently and although the process has begun it still has a long way to go.
No. This is like the only side of the world where they think they're better than women (no offence though but women are humans to compared too them). They should learn from Europe, America and more how to treat a women. Because if they don't, i see a one way ticket to hell.
Old 2010-02-05, 17:46   Link #2770
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Heck this is silly even by my low standards . But the first thing that came to mind was PONY from FUMOFFU . For those of you wondering what the hell is Pony, here is a video

Spoiler for PONY / Fumoffu / FMP:

Always love the ending i.e. the interaction between Bonta & Pony (1.20) ^.^
At first I'd totally forgotten what you meant with pony, but the first few seconds of that clip instantly brought it back... Oh god.

Although, the CCTV picture rules out that possibility... I think.

And unrelated to the above... I think the burying alive news would've been more appropiate for the serious news thread. :S
Old 2010-02-05, 18:37   Link #2771
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
No. This is like the only side of the world where they think they're better than women (no offence though but women are humans to compared too them). They should learn from Europe, America and more how to treat a women. Because if they don't, i see a one way ticket to hell.
and what I'm trying to point out is that they would think exactly the same of you. To them the West is the "antagonist" at the moment due to all the wars going on and what they percieve to be a widespread Western hostility to Islam (or just ignorance in places like India) at the moment and so what they percieve as "Western ideas" such as democracy, equality, fancy human rights etc are automatically a turn-off for them. As for hell, to them they are in the right as they percieve their dominance is supported by the Koran or whatever religeon they belong to and therefore allowed; it is you who will burn as some "infidel" who "goes against Allah" or some bs like that. They have had their way of life for many years, find it preferable to possibly having to listen to women and it will be very hard to change that.
Old 2010-02-06, 00:38   Link #2772
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Wrong Thread : Belongs more so in News Stories ?

I have not been to Turkey, so have no idea what happens there esp in interiors . And travel shows are far from a cultural guide, they just concentrate on extremities . But from my experience on AS I came across two Turks . And they were just ordinary and level headed as you n me . I don't want to name drop but one of them was a girl . She came off as strong independent and intelligent . So yeah my opinion this incident is stray .

But its pretty damn barbaric , they didn't even show any mercy . Buried alive as in buried ALIVE . She died from suffocation and they mud found in her lungs during autopsy . This maybe the 21st century but it sad there are still some people who take women as commodity than a person .

For a change though I would like to see some Men from such places be honor killed that too IN LARGE NUMBERS, very large numbers . I really don't think all the men in such regions are at there best behavior all the time . Hows that for a thought .....

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2010-02-06 at 00:48.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 00:46   Link #2773
Armored Knight

Quote:
Understandably, we're all pissed off, but mikita's right, reality is that this happens to this day. Particularly in Islamic countries. It's sickening that these people do this, but it's well-accepted across these communities. They don't understand the equal-sex concept, and we don't understand the male-dominance concept of this degree. Either party looks down on each other.
You are not the only one who is pissed off. What her family did was inappropriate and they acted solely. They weren't supposed to kill her and killing her is not accepted. Her father should be punished.

Quote:
Just to clear the misunderstanding. Don't judge hundreds of millions of people based on individual mistakes. It is not like that. Women are treated very well and happy. If it is for relationships, the same goes for boys. A man is not allowed to create a relationship with a woman before marriage. If a man wants a relationship, he has to be a man who can raise a family in order to deserve to be given this responsibility.

I am going to propose next year if I feel like I am ready and I will get married after another year. It is not like I will stay single forever, so why the haste? I just have to be a man who can raise a family in order to deserve to be given this kind of responsibility. It is not a game, it is a responsibility. It may sound traditional for you, but this is the proper way to have a relationship, which is marriage, and everybody is happy about it. You just have to understand our lifestyle.

Quote:
Men from such places be honor killed too
What the family did to their daughter was inappropriate and was done solely, as I said earlier.

The punishment goes to the sinner whether the sinner is a man or a woman. For example, do you know what is the punishment for a married man who had sex with another woman? It is death. If a man did that, he would be punished until death and in front of people. Is it barbaric? No. Marriage is a holy relationship and no one dares to cheat on his wife. A man shouldn't cheat on his wife. If he is not happy and can't stay with his wife anymore, he can just get divorced then marry another woman. How does this sound? I have never heard about a man who cheated on his wife yet. And what if he did? He would be punished.

Last edited by Armored Knight; 2010-02-06 at 01:03.
Armored Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 01:06   Link #2774
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored Knight View Post
No. Marriage is a holy relationship
Practice what you believe in Dont Preach .

What works for you doesn't work for everyone . So just don't ... I am not even interested or remotely curious .
Old 2010-02-06, 01:16   Link #2775
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...

I came into here looking for most silly news and wow I stepped into world culture debating, double checking that I hadn't stepped into the 'News Thread', Harufox
Completely wrong tone.
And what my two pence is worth, my thoughts echo Seitsuki. They've written in their first post to that news story exactly what I would have written.
If those screaming 'outrage' wanna know more, profile wall me about the rights of women (or lack of) outside of the West.

But to bring back thread to amusing stories...
Million Dollar Camels!!
Quote:
A camel-racing fanatic has spent $6.5m (£4m) on three camels on sale at an auction near the United Arab Emirates capital Abu Dhabi.
One of the camels bought by Hamdan Bin Ghanim al-Falahi at the Al Dhafrah camel festival cost him $2.7m.

The annual week-long festival includes a camel beauty contest and competitions to find the best camel meat and milk.
*snickers*
It's as Seitsuki said, don't limit other's actions purely to how you percieve this world.
While there are definite wrongs and rights, the line between them is all but grey.
In this case a camel beauty contest sound silly to us as to them a child (under 10) beauty contest would be, probably more of an outrage perhaps.

But hey, someone loves the smelly, hairy bastards, why not let them flaunt their beauty

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 01:18   Link #2776
Armored Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Practice what you believe in Dont Preach .

What works for you doesn't work for everyone . So just don't ... I am not even interested or remotely curious .
It was my opinion. Sorry, I didn't mean to preach. Sorry if it appeared that way or if my writing wasn't good or clear enough. I just said that because it is what I think without any intention to preach.

I agree with you, I already said that what the family did was clearly wrong. But don't judge millions of people based on individual mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Million Dollar Camels!!

*snickers*
It's as Seitsuki said, don't limit other's actions purely to how you percieve this world.
While there are definite wrongs and rights, the line between them is all but grey.
In this case a camel beauty contest sound silly to us as to them a child (under 10) beauty contest would be, probably more of an outrage perhaps.

But hey, someone loves the smelly, hairy bastards, why not let them flaunt their beauty
Camels and horses contests are ones of the interests of very rich people. Some horses are even more expensive than supercars, damn
I would rather buy a Bugatti than an expensive horse XD.
Armored Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 01:41   Link #2777
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Okay, admittedly I put it in the wrong place.

So for something that is "specifically" from a part of the news site known as "Weird, True, Freaky" (or colloquially abbreviated, WTF):

Police fatally run over dog, bill owner

I'm sorry, aren't they meant to protect and serve? I support the poor victim. Not only did they deliberately run over her dog, but they lied and said someone else did it. To top it off, they're demanding payment for damages to the patrol cars. Crazy enough? No?
Old 2010-02-06, 02:18   Link #2778
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Okay, admittedly I put it in the wrong place.

So for something that is "specifically" from a part of the news site known as "Weird, True, Freaky" (or colloquially abbreviated, WTF):

Police fatally run over dog, bill owner

I'm sorry, aren't they meant to protect and serve? I support the poor victim. Not only did they deliberately run over her dog, but they lied and said someone else did it. To top it off, they're demanding payment for damages to the patrol cars. Crazy enough? No?
There is also a case here recently in which security cameras are deactivated to save costs, and resulting in a lost dog.

Seriously this is about personal responsibility. The dog owner should have known that he is owning a stupid animal, so why did he let it cross the road?

Alternatively this is a good idea to push for governments to arm EVERY police officer with a taser. Zap that dog, throw it on the sidewalk, then continue. Arrest any animal rights activist who makes too much noise under "Public Nuisance".

Dog leashes are invented for a reason. It is irresponsible in the first place to let that dog wander around like that. So the owners are going to blame a sewer worker if it falls into a drain and breaks its neck?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 02:26   Link #2779
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Seriously this is about personal responsibility. The dog owner should have known that he is owning a stupid animal, so why did he let it cross the road?
I'm not a friend of dogs (hint: I laugh when the dog dies at the end...actually, no, I don't even bother to watch shitty dog movies to laugh at in the first place), but did you read the article? The owner is a 65-years-old woman and her dog was scared away by fireworks. I'm not sure how the German police handles case of lost animals -- the woman says that they "even close the streets for ducks," which might or might not be a hyperbole; any German Animesuki residents with the knowledge of this claim? -- but it doesn't excuse them intentionally running over the thing then lying to the owner about it, then bill her for the damage.

I get the point about potential motor accidents caused by a panicked animal, but if it's really an extreme emergency they could at least, oh, taze it or shoot it. Preferably with non-lethal shots if they have any at hand.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 03:07   Link #2780
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I get the point about potential motor accidents caused by a panicked animal, but if it's really an extreme emergency they could at least, oh, taze it or shoot it. Preferably with non-lethal shots if they have any at hand.
I was thinking, if a taser has a high enough voltage to stun a bull, what would it do to a dog which is 8 times smaller? Fried dog meat? Either way that mutt is on the losing end for turning its tail at the fireworks (pun unintended).

Anyway, being cruel, I would quote this simple rhyme :

Little dog,
Crossing street,
motor car,
sausage meat.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor