Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-15, 11:53   Link #1841
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
I hate Kozue-what's her name
-Was Haru really that suspicious with Sora? He walked with her, ate lunch with her and held arms with her. I don't think I'll be suspicious at that... o_o
-Should you really barge in on people having sex?!
- She caught him reading books about incest earlier. She just put two and two together.
- No, not really. Unless you're hoping to join in

And yes, the ending scene was priceless. They barged in right when Sora was coming. That's some timing
Old 2010-12-15, 16:46   Link #1842
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
- She caught him reading books about incest earlier. She just put two and two together.
Yeah... Haru made a really big mistake about reading an incest book, and then talking about incest when he has a clingy sister...

Quote:
- No, not really. Unless you're hoping to join in
Words of truth

Quote:
And yes, the ending scene was priceless. They barged in right when Sora was coming. That's some timing
They got too excited, so they wanted to see for themselves possibly?
Old 2010-12-15, 16:59   Link #1843
Divine witch
Yes,Captain Vocabulary.

I can't wait for next episode though I have heard they are moving out.
It'd be to painful to be in same room with people who saw you doing XxX with your sister.
Barging in somewhat reminds me of Ore no Imouto ep 4.
Don't people know how to lock their doors? T_T
Divine witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 18:07   Link #1844
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Maybe Kirino in the alternate universe seeing Haru and Sora make love just like we do. Perhaps she is the behind all of this, pulling Haru's and Sora's strings.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 19:47   Link #1845
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Maybe Kirino in the alternate universe seeing Haru and Sora make love just like we do. Perhaps she is the behind all of this, pulling Haru's and Sora's strings.
Or Kirino's inner fantasy...but if she is really into imoutos, I wouldn't be surprised if she had a copy of both Yosuga and haruka no sora games. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 19:52   Link #1846
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Or Kirino's inner fantasy...but if she is really into imoutos, I wouldn't be surprised if she had a copy of both Yosuga and haruka no sora games. xD
I...uh...well...I...

You just blew my mind!
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 21:44   Link #1847
nishiura
current mood: yeah

.__. My speakers decided to be queer today, so I had to watch ep 11 without sound, ahaha.

This show's alot more intense than I'm used to XD But I guess I enjoyed it, and I'm ready for the end (:
nishiura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 04:47   Link #1848
Divine witch
Yes,Captain Vocabulary.

Pfft episode is something rare to see this days so I kinda enjoyed it (Not in perverted way)
Can't wait to see what kind of tense surrounding would be in next episode. Imagine people whispering while they are walking by =( I feel kinda bad for them.
Also does anyone knows if little pieces of Motoko will be merged together?
And remember, Kirino already catched them all
Divine witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 13:04   Link #1849
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Wow this thread sure got popular after episode 11 ; though it really was an amazing episode and Sora was just excellent this episode , though I really do hope things end well for her and Haru most of the stuff I was going to post about has been covered, so I'll just leave it at this being lazy .

Edit:
Quote:
I couldn't agree more. That kind of comments always make me raise an eyebrow. I fail to see what's so demonic about incest. As long as both parties truly love each other and are fully consenting, I don't see the problem. Who am I to tell people it's wrong for them to love each other? Even though I say this, I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite. I have no problem with incest between siblings but I'll never approve of parent/child incest. It just seems insanely wrong to me.
I kind of agree as incest between Siblings I don't find so wrong, but parent/child just yea... I can't see how that works fairly or could be right.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 13:12   Link #1850
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyashiro-sama View Post
.__. My speakers decided to be queer today, so I had to watch ep 11 without sound, ahaha.
Headphones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Wow this thread sure got popular after episode 11 ; though it really was an amazing episode and Sora was just excellent this episode , though I really do hope things end well for her and Haru most of the stuff I was going to post about has been covered, so I'll just leave it at this being lazy .
I think the thread had a big boom after the first sex scene and now it is booming even more. I wonder how the ratings are in Japan now.

Quote:
I kind of agree as incest between Siblings I don't find so wrong, but parent/child just yea... I can't see how that works fairly or could be right.
I agree with you there guys. Wrong and super gross on multiple levels. But it's good that we see how much Sora loves Haru, despite there being so much lust.
Old 2010-12-16, 13:34   Link #1851
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
This episode was wonderful. Unlike others, I didn't find it hilarious, just lovely, heartwarming, and a little bitter-sweet. It was obvious they wouldn't able to keep their relationship a secret, especially since they couldn't resist indulging in each other (it's understanble, since they spent so many years repressing their feelings). I have to admit the last scene was a bit funny, but at least Haru didn't keep thrusting while grinning like an idiot this time. Nice role reversal.
I really had my doubts if this would turn out well, but they've done it quite tastefully, actually.
Their lust for each other isn't surprising either - it's like a rubber band that has been overextended and is now snapping back.
Haru didn't keep pumping here because he was done just in the moment the others barged in.

As for Sora, it's a welcome change from the uber-bratty bitch she was in the previous Nao arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclesian_knight View Post
morality wise guys, this anime will send us straight to hell.
Only if you believe in such a stupid concept as "hell" in the first place

Quote:
@Kanon:
I completely agree with your view about incest. To me, as long as both parties consentually love each other, I don't care if they're siblings.
Same here, I don't see any problems with siblings. (Mother/son incest would still be very, very disturbing though )

Quote:
And I hate Kozue-what's her name
-Was Haru really that suspicious with Sora? He walked with her, ate lunch with her and held arms with her. I don't think I'll be suspicious at that... o_o
There wasn't anything suspicious about that alone, but Kozue had seen Haru reading books about incest before, and then put everything together.

Quote:
-Should you really barge in on people having sex?!
I wonder what Kozue was thinking there. "Sounds like they're doing it. Let's go and watch them at it, perhaps I can learn something from it."
Old 2010-12-16, 14:44   Link #1852
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post

Only if you believe in such a stupid concept as "hell" in the first place

Same here, I don't see any problems with siblings. (Mother/son incest would still be very, very disturbing though )

I wonder what Kozue was thinking there. "Sounds like they're doing it. Let's go and watch them at it, perhaps I can learn something from it."
how would we describe the situation of Tarou in MM? lol

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 15:05   Link #1853
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon
I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite. I have no problem with incest between siblings but I'll never approve of parent/child incest. It just seems insanely wrong to me.
I don't think that's hypocritical. The problem, for me, isn't the incest, but when one person has so much more physical strength or social authority that they can force the other into doing things. Parents usually have more of both than siblings. But if a sibling (or even a friend) did, then that would be questionable, too. In this case, the two are more equal, so it doesn't feel wrong to me.

The biological side is not that much of a problem for me -- they needn't have kids, and one generation of incest doesn't seem a huge problem. Maybe things like smoking, or eating fatty foods or not getting exercise, might be greater health problems. And in any case, this is a fantasy, so we can enjoy it without thinking it should happen in real life.
Quote:
...I'm surprised how anyone can laugh at the ending scene. It was full of passion and fear of exposing....
That's how I felt, too. I guess it's good that we can all enjoy the show in different ways, but I was so into the characters that I didn't have the separation to see it as funny...just joyous and exciting, and then disastrous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
...Seeing Sora happy was very, very very delightful. My heart was tugging at me with each smile and intimacy between the two.... And seeing Haru blushing and being seduced was so... *another brain melt* I loved how he pulled his arms around her....
Exactly what I felt. That moment when he put his arms around her, when they were sitting beside the bed, was the moment when you knew he had accepted her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
...And I hate Kozue-what's her name...Should you really barge in on people having sex?!
The only thing I can say in her partial defense is that in Japan it appears that in some areas people do leave their doors open and sometimes friends or family just walk in. But I do look forward to the names I hope Sora is going to call both of them. They did seem to suspect what was going on, and in that case were just being prurient. Although Kozue does represent the real attitudes in society toward incest, and it's hard to blame her for being normal. I was certainly surprised that Haru mentioned incest in front of her. That seemed a bit implausible, useful as it was to the plot.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 15:22   Link #1854
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
how would we describe the situation of Tarou in MM? lol
Oh god, don't remind me...especially after last episode lol

Anyways, I don't really approve nor disapprove of incest and other things like that. It's really none of my business to try to say otherwise.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 15:52   Link #1855
relentlessflame

*Administrator

One thing I wanted to comment about in Episode 11 is the excellent use of music, especially as we get to the end. In particular, by now you should recognize the main theme of Yosuga no Sora, which (always) plays whenever you see the couple of the moment walking through the two-path field (shown here around 18:15). The theme is introduced during Sora's confession scene (around 10:45) in a light guitar solo and eventually expands in that scene to include violin and piano. The next song (at around 13:15) is the show's second theme, which is actually a variation of the first -- you'll notice that it has some similar patterns in the melody, but it draws it out to be a bit more pensive. At around 16:00 they introduce another variation, which again has a lot of the same musical cues as the original but they just skip a few notes and switch it up; by the time we get around 17:05, you can hear the theme clearly start to come back through again. Then at around 18:00 we get a closing medley that refers back to the start of episode 1: you'll immediately recognize the main theme, but you'll also pick up on the "train scenery" cue that brings the story full circle. It's not just the music itself, but the way the music is carefully placed -- the timing, the context, the symbolism... really great. If you put all the music together and think of it as a story in and of itself, then we're ready for the final act.

On a side note, for whatever it's worth:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Although Kozue does represent the real attitudes in society toward incest, and it's hard to blame her for being normal. I was certainly surprised that Haru mentioned incest in front of her. That seemed a bit implausible, useful as it was to the plot.
Spoiler for Episode 11 minor game comparison:
Old 2010-12-16, 18:52   Link #1856
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Only one episode left so here's my score speculations on some anime review websites:

THEM Anime Reviews: 4(highest) 2(lowest)
Anime-Planet: 7(highest) 4(lowest)
Nihon Review: 6(highest) 3(lowest)
Myanimelist: 7(highest average score) 4(lowest average score)
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 20:57   Link #1857
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I don't know about Hiro, but you should keep in mind Hiroko's day job.

This is true I didn't know what her "day job" was until I looked it up I guess for Hiro only then although he didn't sound uncomfortable at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
One thing I wanted to comment about in Episode 11 is the excellent use of music, especially as we get to the end. In particular, by now you should recognize the main theme of Yosuga no Sora, which (always) plays whenever you see the couple of the moment walking through the two-path field (shown here around 18:15). The theme is introduced during Sora's confession scene (around 10:45) in a light guitar solo and eventually expands in that scene to include violin and piano. The next song (at around 13:15) is the show's second theme, which is actually a variation of the first -- you'll notice that it has some similar patterns in the melody, but it draws it out to be a bit more pensive. At around 16:00 they introduce another variation, which again has a lot of the same musical cues as the original but they just skip a few notes and switch it up; by the time we get around 17:05, you can hear the theme clearly start to come back through again. Then at around 18:00 we get a closing medley that refers back to the start of episode 1: you'll immediately recognize the main theme, but you'll also pick up on the "train scenery" cue that brings the story full circle. It's not just the music itself, but the way the music is carefully placed -- the timing, the context, the symbolism... really great. If you put all the music together and think of it as a story in and of itself, then we're ready for the final act.
You seem to have read my mind I was going to comment on the music and music placement as well but you beat me to it The BGM (if that's what you would call it) is just a beautiful piece, it's soothing yet melancholic. It tells the story of both Haru and Sora and gives this lonely feel although they are in fact finally connected by their souls and profound love, even if it is socially unacceptable.

This is just from personal experience but I believe it's worth mentioning. I'm not sure if anyone else had this same feeling but at the end of Kaze Koi and this episode in particular, I get this feeling of loneliness from each one respectively. It's difficult to explain because it's an emotion that seems to emanate from their relationships. I guess you can say it's because they would have to sacrifice so much just to maintain their relationship.

Basically, they must maintain their glimmer in the darkness if that makes any sense Which leads to this lonely feeling that resonates from these types of relationships. I'm not sure anyone can be truly happy with such a relationship. I'm not saying it's the fault of the couple but rather because of society.

Again this is just from my perspective but I just wanted to say that on the off-chance that someone has had a similar feeling from these types of stories.

On a side note, what's the name of that BGM? I hope it's released, it's a wonderful piece.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 21:27   Link #1858
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I'm not sure if anyone else had this same feeling but at the end of Kaze Koi and this episode in particular, I get this feeling of loneliness from each one respectively. It's difficult to explain because it's an emotion that seems to emanate from their relationships. I guess you can say it's because they would have to sacrifice so much just to maintain their relationship.

Basically, they must maintain their glimmer in the darkness if that makes any sense Which leads to this lonely feeling that resonates from these types of relationships. I'm not sure anyone can be truly happy with such a relationship. I'm not saying it's the fault of the couple but rather because of society.

Again this is just from my perspective but I just wanted to say that on the off-chance that someone has had a similar feeling from these types of stories.
This is one of the reasons why I like this sort of forbidden romance theme in fiction; it's very emotional and bittersweet. Because they can never be truly open and upfront about their feelings in public and they can never just be a "normal couple", they end up in this sort of isolated world where they can only be "alone together". And the further they indulge themselves in that world, the more they isolate themselves from everyone else around them, and the problem compounds (as so eloquently shown in this episode). So the choice is basically that they have to truly be enough for each other -- now and forever -- or they have to separate from each other despite of, or even because of, how much they love each other. That's some pretty heart-rending stuff. So yeah, I think you're exactly right on in your read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
On a side note, what's the name of that BGM? I hope it's released, it's a wonderful piece.
We should know once the two OST are released; they're coming with the first and third Blu-Ray volumes respectively (next week and then late-February).
Old 2010-12-16, 21:37   Link #1859
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This is one of the reasons why I like this sort of forbidden romance theme in fiction; it's very emotional and bittersweet. Because they can never be truly open and upfront about their feelings in public and they can never just be a "normal couple", they end up in this sort of isolated world where they can only be "alone together". And the further they indulge themselves in that world, the more they isolate themselves from everyone else around them, and the problem compounds (as so eloquently shown in this episode). So the choice is basically that they have to truly be enough for each other -- now and forever -- or they have to separate from each other despite of, or even because of, how much they love each other. That's some pretty heart-rending stuff. So yeah, I think you're exactly right on in your read.
In solitude, where we are least alone.
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 21:52   Link #1860
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Just out of curiosity, do any of you people find it awkward to recommend anime like this to your "opposite sex" sibling? (who for this example might be close to you?)

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation