AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-17, 13:12   Link #1901
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frumix View Post
That's assuming 26 episodes is all they have planned.
26 episodes is enough for 2 arcs with a decent pacing, because remember, episode length is extended as well.
Well, I do not think Toei has already planned to adapt all the arcs, it will depend on if the first season is successful and gets good merchandise sales.

I doubt the first season involved the two arcs, because the anime would last two and a half years at most, this is inconvenient for Toei if the new anime is a success. Instead, Crystal can last up to 5 years if each season adapts an arc.

In adittion, the announced of 26 episodes appeared with the synopsis of Dark Kingdom. If the adaptation of Dark Kingdom only had 13 episodes, then Toei would have announced only 13 episodes along with the synopsis of Dark Kingdom.

This is just my opinion.

Last edited by Konja9; 2014-06-17 at 13:24.
Old 2014-06-17, 14:26   Link #1902
Frumix

5 years for a web anime that's set to go for an entire year is, let's be honest, pretty unrealistic. Synopsis doesn't really give us a clue as to their intentions because the new Jojo anime was also advertised with just a synopsis of the first arc but it actually included two because the runtime could allow for it.

At any rate I suppose the pacing in the first three months of airing as well as that "ahead" scene could tell us what's going to happen soon enough.
Basically my reasoning is that 26 episodes is too long for just one arc if they really want to stick to the manga development even if they intend to soup it up with some additional scenes.
Old 2014-06-17, 16:00   Link #1903
minaku
Princess of Hades

qq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frumix View Post
That's assuming 26 episodes is all they have planned.
26 episodes is enough for 2 arcs with a decent pacing, because remember, episode length is extended as well.
I meant that 26 episode as a first season. And 26 episode can adapt two arks with the same pacing as the manga, which pacing is not exactly decent at some points and many importent plot points are briefly showed in a panel or two, but would take minutes in animated form. 26 episodes for the first arc is enough to flesh out Naoko's ideas for the Dark Kingdom. I hope that after the Crystal season, they announce Nemesis, Infinity, Dreams and Stars(exemplary names) and change the schedule, producing an episode per week. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the whole saga too, but I want to see it adapted the right way. And by the way the web serialization is the new innovative way, they are trying now, as Japan's Tv industry is barely standing. Also all they have mentioned in interviews and stuff is "the story of the Moon Princess".

Last edited by minaku; 2014-06-17 at 16:14.
Old 2014-06-18, 02:08   Link #1904
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
qq
I meant that 26 episode as a first season. And 26 episode can adapt two arks with the same pacing as the manga, which pacing is not exactly decent at some points and many importent plot points are briefly showed in a panel or two, but would take minutes in animated form. 26 episodes for the first arc is enough to flesh out Naoko's ideas for the Dark Kingdom.
I would argue that 26 30-minute episodes (though I suppose it remains to be seen if these "30 minutes" really are 30 minutes and not just meant in the typical "short-hand for 24 minutes because it's a nice round number"-thing that seems so common on TV) is actually too much for just the Dark Kingdom arc. Because it would entail each episode only covering half a chapter. Now yes, the manga's pacing is rather breakneck, but even then I think slowing it down that much would result in the pacing just getting downright sluggish. One chapter per episode seems like a pretty decent pace to me, giving them enough time to cover the plot-important bits properly and also give some more character-development that the manga was sorely lacking. Now maybe some chapters here and there are so dense that a mere 20 minutes can't properly cover them, but... at the same time there are also chapters later down the road that do not have enough content in them for more than 10 minutes of animation or so. Some flexibility would obviously benefit them here, but as a general rule, I think one chapter per episode would work just fine.
Old 2014-06-18, 03:52   Link #1905
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
I would argue that 26 30-minute episodes (though I suppose it remains to be seen if these "30 minutes" really are 30 minutes and not just meant in the typical "short-hand for 24 minutes because it's a nice round number"-thing that seems so common on TV) is actually too much for just the Dark Kingdom arc. Because it would entail each episode only covering half a chapter. Now yes, the manga's pacing is rather breakneck, but even then I think slowing it down that much would result in the pacing just getting downright sluggish. One chapter per episode seems like a pretty decent pace to me, giving them enough time to cover the plot-important bits properly and also give some more character-development that the manga was sorely lacking. Now maybe some chapters here and there are so dense that a mere 20 minutes can't properly cover them, but... at the same time there are also chapters later down the road that do not have enough content in them for more than 10 minutes of animation or so. Some flexibility would obviously benefit them here, but as a general rule, I think one chapter per episode would work just fine.
Toei has some "rules" for their magical girl series, like an episode dedicated for each "sailor", "cure" etc. I am sure they won't miss that. I've translated bits and pieces of the other interview, published in Animage \ http://gallery.missdream.org/albums/...ly2014/003.jpg \ I am not so confident in my Japanese and I am waiting for a proper translation (Miss Dream's Team are working on it), but one sentence states: "I wanna show the drama in these girls' lives". So I am pretty sure there is going to be an episode for each girl, which will bring more detail to their personal issues - Ami's lack of confidence and alienation, Rei and her malfunctioning father-daughter relationship and her mistrust towards men (Casablanca memories), Makoto's hard orphan life and her love experience (The Melancholy of Makoto), Minako and her past ( the so called curse for example) etc. Also I can't remember a chapter with not enough content for a whole episode ( some even need to be split in two episodes, especially in the first two arcs). And I am still not sure if 30 min per episode is true. Toei have confirmed 26 episodes for ANN and Crunchyroll, but the only sources that claim 30 minutes durations are a very suspicious promo-flyer (some people still think it is fake) and MAL, which is not exactly the best source of information.
Old 2014-06-19, 16:53   Link #1906
videoman190

English Subtitled Trailer

Last edited by videoman190; 2014-06-19 at 17:20.
Old 2014-06-19, 16:58   Link #1907
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
Lol, so on time
Old 2014-06-20, 13:35   Link #1908
T-6000

Nice, I didn't expect Viz to sub the trailer for the new Sailor Moon anime. I guess they are very dedicated to the license.
Old 2014-06-20, 17:10   Link #1909
Casshern

I have to say I wasn't too keen on the OP at first but it's really catching on to me, especially the power metal part.
Old 2014-06-20, 17:45   Link #1910
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I have to say I wasn't too keen on the OP at first but it's really catching on to me, especially the power metal part.
Yeah, Revo's part is epic, but Momoiro Clover Z... meh... Still it's better than their Moonlight Densetsu version.
Old 2014-06-21, 09:40   Link #1911
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
Yeah, Revo's part is epic, but Momoiro Clover Z... meh... Still it's better than their Moonlight Densetsu version.
What's wrong with Momoiro Clover Z? I don't know much of their stuff, but it doesn't sound much better or worse than most idol music to me?

Can't believe we're only a bit more than a week from the first episode. This has taken so long, I didn't think we'd ever get to actually see it
I really, really hope it'll be good and prove me and everyone who was concerned wrong. Trying hard not to get my hopes up though.

By the way, does anyone know if Crunchyroll's stream will in any way affect the availability of the niconico broadcast? Trying to figure out where I'll be watching this come next week.
Old 2014-06-21, 10:50   Link #1912
minaku
Princess of Hades

qq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
What's wrong with Momoiro Clover Z? I don't know much of their stuff, but it doesn't sound much better or worse than most idol music to me?

Can't believe we're only a bit more than a week from the first episode. This has taken so long, I didn't think we'd ever get to actually see it
I really, really hope it'll be good and prove me and everyone who was concerned wrong. Trying hard not to get my hopes up though.

By the way, does anyone know if Crunchyroll's stream will in any way affect the availability of the niconico broadcast? Trying to figure out where I'll be watching this come next week.
As far as I know they are completely separated, and don't interfere with one another. They might even share the same translation - the one provided by NicoNico. You can watch it wherever you can. I'll stick with Crunchyroll though. They usually offer stuff in HD, but I will pay for NicoNico too, just to support them - it's just 5 dollars. As for "MomoClo" - yes, they are exactly like any other idol group a.k.a they are not singers at all Still it could have been worst - AKB or something like that.

Last edited by minaku; 2014-06-21 at 12:47.
Old 2014-06-23, 00:58   Link #1913
AmericanFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
English Subtitled Trailer
I still think that their legs are too skinny, but OMG this trailer has me so excited! I'm really looking forward to watching this.
Old 2014-06-25, 01:59   Link #1914
Sakuya
*Artist

Slightly extended trailer with BGM music instead of the opening theme song.

http://youtu.be/eUiewJt80eQ

The choir make this show so epic! And that shot with just Sailor Moon in front of the moon (before her I punish you) is so beautiful.

Last edited by Sakuya; 2014-06-25 at 02:23.
Old 2014-06-25, 02:58   Link #1915
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
The choir make this show so epic! And that shot with just Sailor Moon in front of the moon (before her I punish you) is so beautiful.
Funny how people think differently. I think the choir is terrible, both in its performance and its actual usage in the track. I am very unimpressed by Takanashis effort here.
Old 2014-06-25, 06:34   Link #1916
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Funny how people think differently. I think the choir is terrible, both in its performance and its actual usage in the track. I am very unimpressed by Takanashis effort here.

Nothing new under the moon.
Old 2014-06-25, 08:24   Link #1917
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post

Nothing new under the moon.
That is a stupid and pointless thing to say. People are allowed to have different opinions without someone randomly hollering "hurr durr haterr" at them.

---
Personally, I'm neither impressed or wowed. It does sound just like a rehashed Precure track and feels like it too.
It's an alright track, the choir is ok- pretty standard, but it's not memorable or impressive- I prefer the opening track, which keeps growing on me
Old 2014-06-25, 09:29   Link #1918
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
People are allowed to have different opinions without someone randomly hollering "hurr durr haterr" at them.
That may be true, but I have a feeling that people are currently too much influenced by emotions and either hates everything about the new anime because are dissatisfied with new design of character, or love everything about the new anime because "It's sailor moon".

About our current case, I think it's a bit exaggerated to say that "choir is terrible in performance or usage in the track". That's certainly not true. I personally think that it's nice. But the fact is that it's not something unique and it may not attract everyone. Epic is almost every soundtrack choir, but it's hard to judge something just from short trailer and one BMG track without context.
Old 2014-06-25, 09:46   Link #1919
minaku
Princess of Hades

I was so positive until now... But now I don't know anymore... The music is so generic, just like any other PreCure BG Music - it sounds pretty nice, but it lacks individuality. they show two or three frames, that are just as off as the other ones... Especially this one. I tried my best to like it, and defend it, but it's just... It's not even ugly, just... strange. Will she ever close that mouth?

Images
large images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2014-06-25 at 11:37. Reason: Please use a thumbnail or the "images" tag for large images.
Old 2014-06-25, 10:17   Link #1920
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
About our current case, I think it's a bit exaggerated to say that "choir is terrible in performance or usage in the track". That's certainly not true. I personally think that it's nice.
I'm cool with your opinion, so don't undermine my impression. I said "I think" as you did (while already noting that it's funny how people have different impressions) and in my view it was not exaggerated to say. Thanks.

I already stated in this topic that I think Takanashi is a talented composer but would not want this one to be like his autopilot Precure/franchise soundtracks. Sadly, other than having a budget for the real choir (which as I said sounds super amateur to me), this seems to be the case going just by this trailer BGM - Main Theme? Transformation music? Who knows what it is.

Also, have no worries - I'll stop popping up in this thread if I still don't like the show after 2 episodes.

inb4 gazillion mod warnings and edited posts for being offensive and off/topic
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo