AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-30, 16:57   Link #1981
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frumix View Post
Here's a thing that really grinds my gears though.
It's supposed to be a worldwide screening right?

Nicovideo broadcast is Japan-locked. Okay.
Hulu is only available in the US.
NeonAlley (VizMedia's service) is only available in the US.
Crunchyroll's page despite them still not having the show in the schedule also says it's restricted by the license to the US.

...so much for that web premiere eh?
Nico Nico Doga promotions have said it's world wide (and other sites), including the last couple, so the actual episodes shouldn't be region locked to Japan. Only the event was region locked.

As for Crunchyroll, it's confirmed to be in North and South America, New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa, which are territories the Untied States branch of Toei Animation covers.
Old 2014-06-30, 17:04   Link #1982
Frumix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku View Post
Nico Nico Doga promotions have said it's world wide (and other sites), including the last couple, so the actual episodes shouldn't be region locked to Japan. Only the event was region locked.

As for Crunchyroll, it's confirmed to be in North and South America, New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa, which are territories the Untied States branch of Toei Animation covers.
That is factually incorrect.
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv183419343
This is episode 1 broadcast.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv183419397
This is episode 2.

Both cannot be reached without a Japanese IP.
Apparently MissDream staff found some way to trick it though, but nonetheless.
Old 2014-06-30, 17:19   Link #1983
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
if you mean the fifth season of sailor moon then i disagree their transformation sequences was not so good
Neither is dodgy, low-quality CG. I'm talking about quality, not personal preference... And quality-wise the fifth seasons transformation, taking into account it's age or even disregarding it if you prefer, is vastly superior to this. Particularly if you consider it's age though.

Note that aesthetics-wise, It isn't my favourite either.
Old 2014-06-30, 19:40   Link #1984
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
Some 3d... big turn off for me, but still I can handle that. I am a big girl My biggest nightmare...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYsyJGc7DQ
That OP is fantastic. Toei did a great job there.

And I agree with Kanon on the character's legs. They're still thin, but it looks to me like they shortened them a bit, which made them look Ok in the promo vid.

I didn't hate the CGI magical girl transformation - In fact, there's elements to it that I liked a lot - But I felt that was the weakest part of this promo vid.

Here's what I find odd about this... I know that companies have legitimate budget concerns, and so CGI might be a must at times. But the thing with a magical girl transformation scene in Sailor Moon is that it's typically the same one all the time. In other words, if it's hand-drawn, you only have to draw it once for numerous uses. Is it really that costly to get just one hand-drawn transformation scene?

Still, this promo video actually has my enthusiasm level inching a bit higher again. I'm not exactly pumped, but for the first time in awhile, I feel some confidence about this project. It will have its flaws, to be sure, but key elements of the promo video had a certain polish to them (especially the OP) so I'm hopeful that Toei isn't just totally mailing it in at least.
Old 2014-06-30, 19:57   Link #1985
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frumix View Post
That is factually incorrect.
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv183419343
This is episode 1 broadcast.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv183419397
This is episode 2.

Both cannot be reached without a Japanese IP.
Apparently MissDream staff found some way to trick it though, but nonetheless.
That's... odd. They have been advertising it for multiple regions... Unless the subtitled streams will be a separate page on there and those have their own regional restrictions? I really don't know, otherwise.
Old 2014-06-30, 20:10   Link #1986
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
Some 3d... big turn off for me, but still I can handle that. I am a big girl My biggest nightmare...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYsyJGc7DQ
Where the heck was this taken that there were those annoying as hell Americans (I am assuming they were simply because my fellow citizens have this really bad habit of being annoying in public whenever something of another culture is involved) trying to say Japanese words the whole time?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2014-06-30, 20:33   Link #1987
MCAL

I was really expecting something atrocious, but the CGI wasn't THAT bad.

Opening was pretty good.
Old 2014-06-30, 21:17   Link #1988
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Oh, wow. That opening. I... Hmm.

There are things I liked and did not like, but I'm mostly leaning towards like. It definitely wasn't horrible by any means. Actually, it was kinda nice! And that's just the visual sequence. The snippet of Moon Pride in the initial teaser I heard left a bad taste in my mouth, but hearing the complete OP variant has made it grow on me. And the transformation scene? The CGI, while unnecessary, was far from shitty. I wasn't blown away, but it still left a pretty good impression overall.

Basically, while not perfect, I'm surprised that I found everything better than expected.
Old 2014-06-30, 21:23   Link #1989
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Count me in with the ones who like the OP and the preview of the first episode. While the CGI is unexpected and not really needed, it doesn't look bad as far as I'm concerned, and I like everything else. And I get a feeling that I will like the execution of the episode overall.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2014-06-30, 23:32   Link #1990
xizro345
King's Justice

The transformation CG was atrocious, the OP is sufficiently catchy but still makes me feel this is a low-budget affair.
Old 2014-07-01, 00:14   Link #1991
Sakuya
*Artist

The preview blew me away too, it was certainly not as bad as some made it seem. I loved the OP sequence, the song was pretty generic but it does match the show. There seems to be a darker mood to this series. Anyone else mesmerized by Usagi's blue eyes? All the odd frames people were nitpicking from the trailer, they're totally not noticeable when you see the episode as a whole.

The transformation sequence, I'm assuming they took to CG so they could animate those fancy spins and angles easier but it's just too much spinning for my taste. But honestly it wasn't that bad at all. Can't wait til next week!
Old 2014-07-01, 00:18   Link #1992
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Neither is dodgy, low-quality CG. I'm talking about quality, not personal preference... And quality-wise the fifth seasons transformation, taking into account it's age or even disregarding it if you prefer, is vastly superior to this. Particularly if you consider it's age though.

Note that aesthetics-wise, It isn't my favourite either.
also it good thing that one of the villains voice is doing nora voice from fresh precure since nora was one of the best villains
Old 2014-07-01, 02:59   Link #1993
Frumix

Re: Nicovideo regional lockout, seems like broadcasts in different languages are going to be segregated into different channels actually and only Japanese one is up at the moment but there's links to future regional versions over here.

Also:

Left: trailer, right: ep1
Old 2014-07-01, 03:54   Link #1994
Vegard Aune

...Am I the only one who can't see the video? Or was it just suddenly made private five minutes before I found a link to it?
Old 2014-07-01, 04:19   Link #1995
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
...Am I the only one who can't see the video? Or was it just suddenly made private five minutes before I found a link to it?
Yes, the girl who uploaded it, made it private... But in youtube there are some re-uploads. Still can't believe that CGI transformation... Bu they have made modifications from the trailer, so it still can have at least an ok 2D part.

Last edited by minaku; 2014-07-01 at 04:36.
Old 2014-07-01, 07:22   Link #1996
Konja9

This page has a new video: http://nagaharuakiyama.tumblr.com/po...ch-more-sailor

In the video you see the hair color of Princess Serenity.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2014-07-01, 08:17   Link #1997
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
This page has a new video: http://nagaharuakiyama.tumblr.com/po...ch-more-sailor

Spoiler for spoiler:
Well, the ending song is... not as good as I've expected, but the ending sequence has a nice atmosphere and it's not 3D, YAY! The dream sequence at the beginning looks nice, even in this quality, but the "Morning in Tsukino's Scene" is... like a slide show... I guess they are really doing it with minimal budget... Still going to watch it, but I'll look at it as a Sailor Moon visual novel, if everything is like the scene with Ikuko-mama.
Old 2014-07-01, 08:30   Link #1998
Horse

Cannot unsee and unhear Mihoshi! I'm f*ckd.

@Ikuko
Old 2014-07-01, 09:02   Link #1999
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

I'm glad they made some modifications, though I'd have a hard time selling this to anyone as good quality.
Even my RL friends who are easy to please, had no exposure to the entire process of delays, release of the designs etc and who were extremely excited and positive about SMC were disappointed...
They dislike the eyes (no wonder, since they're off in most shots and quite emotionless) and slideshowy-ness the most.

I'll wait to see the CG in higher quality, but I have to agree with Triple_R, I don't quite understand why they would pick such an important scene to save money on. If there's anything to splurge on in a magical girl show, surely it's the transformation and attack sequences, in that order.
But fair enough. While it's not awful, it could be so much better... it's a shame, but hopefully it will only be shown sparingly.
For now, while it's quite flawed, I'm ok with the animation. They go a bit overboard with making Usagi's hair move, spaghetti monster style, at the expense of more important frames... but it's ok. It's fine. And the opening is great. Hopefully the attack sequences will mimick the quality of the opening.
The voice acting though... I've yet to find something I like about it. Sorry Hopefully the other VAs will bring something better to the table...

Overall, while concerned and feeling this could be better, I'm looking forward to the full episode.
Hopefully they can pull it off and make it great.
Old 2014-07-01, 09:13   Link #2000
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post

Spoiler for spoiler:
Oh, she calls her mom an Idiot (or did she say Dummy? Either way, I'm surprised her mom let her getaway with that.) and yet she nearly breaks her Neck on the stairs! *sigh* Teenage girls, Jesus they can be a handful!
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo