Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-08-01, 10:07   Link #12641
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Just scored myself an ST-ACE!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 10:37   Link #12642
Gravitas Free Zone

The Te-Ke isn't too bad, just a bit sluggish in acceleration.

Tried using the T18 again. Still don't really like it much. (As my only goal in using it is to occasionally exploit the mass of Day 1 gift tank users, I've gotten the job done and can resume ignoring Tier 2. If I want to train a replacement crew I'd be better off putting them into something at Tier 4 or higher.)
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 10:50   Link #12643
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
So I tried the E-100 on the test server...

My my... it is a quite capable tank. That gun, that golden gun...

- Tak
I have the E-100, but I don't use the battlewagon much.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 10:54   Link #12644
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Went on a 6-2 run today, at which point me and my platoonmate decided that we're pushing our luck already and took a break. Haven't seen any of the new maps yet (they're not on rotation for some reason), but I got Live Oaks twice, which was annoying already on its own.
Old 2014-08-01, 13:06   Link #12645
Blaat

Well spent 10 million credits today but I got myself my first two Tier X tanks (T11E05 and E100) not doing well with them to be honest, but I'm really rusty after a month of not playing.
Old 2014-08-01, 13:08   Link #12646
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
I have the E-100, but I don't use the battlewagon much.
I won't get it for aesthetic reasons, but when I tried it, I found it to be beastly.

I went up against a WE-100 head to head, toe to toe, open field and downright tanked it. The former's auto-loader bounced off my front armor 4 times out of 5, and I took it out suffering only 50% of my HP. Its a scary car man...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 21:04   Link #12647
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I won't get it for aesthetic reasons, but when I tried it, I found it to be beastly.
I went up against a WE-100 head to head, toe to toe, open field and downright tanked it. The former's auto-loader bounced off my front armor 4 times out of 5, and I took it out suffering only 50% of my HP. Its a scary car man...
Well, that's not the best way to use a WTE-100 either.

Two hours remaining in the 40000XP for a free LTP+garage slot (or 850 gold and a garage slot) limited-time event.

Gotta say that I'm seeing people do some wacky, wacky things. Then again, I'm full of espresso and doing wacky, wacky things of my own. (Fortunately, with a good supply of tanks to do the x5 on, I won't have to subject myself to too much craziness tonight.)

I emptied my StuG B's ammo supply in a Widepark game by trying to do ridiculous keyhole shots, forcing a final, suicidal track ram against an AT 2 (it was the last tank remaining and I had backup). But hey, I got 351 HP of assist damage on it by doing that.
Old 2014-08-01, 21:13   Link #12648
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I swear, this has to be the second worst time to have very horrible lag spikes in game. I just gave up on getting the 850 free gold...

Meh, I'm off to play Planetside2 for a while then.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 21:55   Link #12649
Gravitas Free Zone

Derrrrp... I got the 40K XP in two hours. The clincher victory was indicative of just how ridiculous things are, because it was a Westfield game where I started from NE and 12 of 15 of our tanks bumrushed through the valley (I was in a WZ-131 and was surprised to see everyone following my race to the treeline) and capped out. The enemy somehow failed to notice this despite the astounded comments about the stupidity of this plan that were going through GLOBAL CHAT. They also seemed to fail to notice when their scouts that went into the valley vanished in balls of fire from the huge line of tanks that were in the open.
Old 2014-08-01, 22:00   Link #12650
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Well, that's not the best way to use a WTE-100 either.
Well, he had no choice. I was already capturing the flag and he was the last enemy unit.

Still, I was surprised at my own durability.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 04:29   Link #12651
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Today, I`ve got myself a decent games with my brand new Luchs(because it has 60% camo skill - First Set). I`m glad I learned how to scout now because I`ll be playing most medium tanks
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 10:40   Link #12652
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I actually want to know how to scout. I have a Luch, but I never really understood the scouting mechanics.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2014-08-02, 11:31   Link #12653
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
I actually want to know how to scout. I have a Luch, but I never really understood the scouting mechanics.
Really have to understand the difference between "active" scouting (mobile spotting) and "passive" scouting (sitting in a bush, relocating to another area) really, and which tanks really shine in those roles. And really, scouting is generally one of the harder roles these days, ESPECIALLY with the advent of brawl-centered meta, as you have not not only know the spotting range of your tank, but of the enemy tanks too.
Old 2014-08-02, 12:22   Link #12654
Gravitas Free Zone

Check the wiki for the vision mechanics, then look at the tank view ranges, then see http://www.wotinfo.net/en/camo-calculator for some estimates of you vs. them.

And look on the bright side. Scouts just had the top tier taken off of their matchmaking.

Meanwhile... I had a hilarious encounter last night involving my JT88 shoebox of stupid, an enemy 122-mm-armed WZ-120, a friendly GW Panther (reloading), and a friendly T95 that will take about 30 seconds to get into firing position. Short version: I damage the 120's ammo rack when I really want to track it, it gets behind me, I glue myself to it, I get shot, we all wait for the reload while I tell my friendly arty to shoot us both (the GWP doesn't seem to want to do that). The WZ gets killed by the T95 about one second before it finishes its reload, and another second after that a shot from the GWP misses everything.

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate the JT88.
Old 2014-08-02, 12:30   Link #12655
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Meanwhile... I had a hilarious encounter last night involving my JT88 shoebox of stupid, an enemy 122-mm-armed WZ-120, a friendly GW Panther (reloading), and a friendly T95 that will take about 30 seconds to get into firing position. Short version: I damage the 120's ammo rack when I really want to track it, it gets behind me, I glue myself to it, I get shot, we all wait for the reload while I tell my friendly arty to shoot us both (the GWP doesn't seem to want to do that). The WZ gets killed by the T95 about one second before it finishes its reload, and another second after that a shot from the GWP misses everything.

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate the JT88.
The JT88 turns so slowly that "slow" heavies like the T34 can drive right up to it and flank it. It's funny since the tier 9 Jagdtiger pivots fairly quickly.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 12:48   Link #12656
Gravitas Free Zone

I can put the JT88 away for a while again, the last crew that I seriously needed to grind with it is now finished.

The really terrible part about that game (because it fell into last night's chain of x5/event/weekend craziness) was that I had to drive the JT88 through the middle of the map and then turned it around to flank a T28 and an Obj.704 (this was Northwest), and I actually pulled it off. But using the JT88 and winning seems to come down more to random map selection and the allied team being at least not horrible.
Old 2014-08-02, 16:07   Link #12657
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I am actually a bit tempted by the JT88. I drive a Lowe for the longest time. How do you play as a TD, especially one such as the JT88 where your gun's pen alpha is not great for the tier?

Old 2014-08-02, 16:24   Link #12658
Gravitas Free Zone

It's really meant to be a support sniper; always do track damage, then aim for weak spots. Pick a useable sniping lane, pray your flank doesn't collapse and that you don't have to do a lot of moving. The armor on the superstructure around the gun mantlet is reasonably good (though premium ammo can get through it), but below that the armor ranges from somewhat penetrable to Velveeta.

Oddly enough the JT88 makes me appreciate my AT15, which has a similar high ROF/low-alpha situation, horrible maneuverability, and questionable armor... but the AT15 at least has a very useful gun arc.
Old 2014-08-02, 16:32   Link #12659
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

My impression when I come across the 8.8 has always been it sprays shots really fast, and that the massive lower glecis plate self-destruct button isn't nearly so bad on it as it is with the Lowe. It's on sale just as the KV-5 is for today...

That decision I made to get a Lowe instead of the Type 59 at the time is something that I still smart over every now and then, heh.

Old 2014-08-02, 22:38   Link #12660
Raviel

Does anyone here know what it is a more painful grind between these 2?

Semi-stock Centurion Mk1

Semi-stock Caernarvon

Since I'm going to go through both the heavy and medium british lines I was wondering what would give me less trouble grinding later on.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks