AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-25, 05:46   Link #1021
Jerseykid

bad guys stealing away and brainwashing the child hood best friend makes me mad!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 06:21   Link #1022
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Seriously, this episode, What The Fuck? I hope Ao rescues Naru and kills the NTR'r names truth.
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 06:31   Link #1023
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
After this episode I got no idea how this is connected to the original.

Everything just seems so warped and different.
This is "a" separate world. The Scub Coral are attempting to communicate but the Secrets are attacking them. Apparently like moths to a flame. That's why bits of E7 TV keep showing up. This is a sequel for the Scub Coral.

Whether the original characters show up is completely up in the air. We simply don't know what version of Eureka is Ao's mother. It would appear we won't find out for a long time.

Someone pointed out that Truth looked a lot like Dominic. If you pull up a bunch of pictures from Dominic, Truth looks like a taller version with light blue hair. As Enzo pointed out, Naru looks a bit like Anemone. Yeah, shippers are going to have fun with this one!

One tie in point that's technically speculation:

Spoiler:
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 08:07   Link #1024
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

I posted this on /r/anime http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/commen...oilers/c4s74ne discuss.
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 08:27   Link #1025
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

*sigh* Looks like Ao inherited his father's luck in relationships...

Unlike his father, he has to deal with NTR. I am sure will overcome this awesomely like his father or better.

Now then, just what is Truth? I find his motivations murky but he can seriously mind screw like crazy. Coupled with shape shifting, that is one nasty combo.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 08:34   Link #1026
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
Thought I say some more. Sure the end surprised me out of nowhere all of a sudden. Where is truth playing at? None of that stuff can't be answered right now. Whatever he's doing, I'm pretty sure it could be bad and could put both Ao and Naru in danger than they realize. I know for a fact that Ao still has hidden abilities he hasn't shown yet..Naru got her powers all of a sudden during that Scub Coral incident. I'm not trying to get across bringing those up, all I know is that Truth is interested in Ao and now Naru. I don't think he's count him Ao out just yet. And Naru got herself into a situation she'll regret going with Truth in the first place later on. This is just what I believe anyway.

anyway where barely getting started 7 episodes in, not surprising, but it's annoying having that happen but oh well.

I'll also make it a point that I don't like Truth myself. Unless something comes up for me to change my mind about him, until then, I'm sticking to it. And all the guys who are worried about the Ao x Naru. CALM YOURSELFS DOWN! It sucks all of a sudden that happens but keep your sanity together and in control. This kind of "NTR" stuff doesn't last long either and it does drag out until the main character does something amazing and brings the heroine back Seeing the ep 8 preview, I know Ao's angry, I would be too if my childhood friend and a female at that, was all of a sudden going with some mysterious man who is dangerous than he looks. For both Ao and Naru, they'll be learning things the hard way as usual.

Renton had problems but he pulled through to the end. I'm more concerned about Eureka and Renton fates' than Ao and Naru. Hopefully this all plays out without messing things up with the story.

That's all I got to say, episode was fine, but not enough to keep me that hooked on to the sequel fully yet. I'll keep watching episodes though.
Old 2012-05-25, 08:40   Link #1027
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Not to be a naysayer, but it's really obvious how E7AO is a level below the original at about everything it does. It's really annoying how it's got its storytelling methods from Eva.

And... the white TheEnd? I have nothing.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 08:54   Link #1028
ChocoBar9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Not to be a naysayer, but it's really obvious how E7AO is a level below the original at about everything it does. It's really annoying how it's got its storytelling methods from Eva.
Yep because the original E7 was the epitome of original storytelling
Quote:
ChocoBar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 08:56   Link #1029
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
^ Yep we definitely need to tune in to find out about what is "that" doing there...
Old 2012-05-25, 08:57   Link #1030
Theorder14

guess theend didn't got destroyed in the original and simply transfered 2 the other world >.>?
Theorder14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 09:00   Link #1031
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
This is "a" separate world. The Scub Coral are attempting to communicate but the Secrets are attacking them. Apparently like moths to a flame. That's why bits of E7 TV keep showing up. This is a sequel for the Scub Coral.

Whether the original characters show up is completely up in the air. We simply don't know what version of Eureka is Ao's mother. It would appear we won't find out for a long time.

Someone pointed out that Truth looked a lot like Dominic. If you pull up a bunch of pictures from Dominic, Truth looks like a taller version with light blue hair. As Enzo pointed out, Naru looks a bit like Anemone. Yeah, shippers are going to have fun with this one!

One tie in point that's technically speculation:

Spoiler:
I think this is supposed to be a sequel, though I'm not sure if it's a "true" sequel to Eureka Seven.

But I'm guessing that Eureka left the terraformed Earth for some reason, maybe because Renton died or something? It's my only guess, since I can't see them being separated after the end of the first series.

Still, that photo of Eureka with a baby Ao makes me sad, with her having to dye her hair to mitigate persecution.
Old 2012-05-25, 09:04   Link #1032
Algent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xezexal View Post
Seriously, this episode, What The Fuck?
This.
Just when I was starting to think they were going for something interesting and a bit mature. They suddenly throw us some trololo plot twist at a level worst than Guilty Crown.
Since the end of last episode I was prepared to see something half boring but here they managed to even make me feel I lost my time.
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 09:10   Link #1033
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Yep because the original E7 was the epitome of original storytelling
Well it was. Maybe not original, but it was smart and complete.

Here, I'll post this fragment of an IRC conversation I had that explains my annoyance with AO.
Spoiler for size:
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 09:16   Link #1034
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Finally, Naru is back! But it isn't how I expected this to happen, at all.

On one hand, I can feel the rage Ao was feeling in the episode preview, if I was in his shoes. But on the other, Truth did somehow connect with Naru as a child as well. As such, can't say I feel NTR'ed (and believe me I've had many a share of them so I know how it feels) when it's dubious to claim that Ao already had a 'stake' on Naru before Truth came along, as Truth might have an equal 'stake' in the first place.

No, I don't doubt that Naru and Ao will somehow be together sometime in the series. But now I do doubt her well being by the end of the series, as being connected to the scub coral/Truth might very well have her end up as a casualty in the series.

My biggest beef with the episode though is ironically not Truth "NTRing" Ao (if you even can call it that), but with Goldilocks. Didn't they say that two of them went into ICU just an episode or two ago? And now they look unscathed, so I was like "WTF is up with that?" >_>

Must say though, I like Elena better than Mirror. I want my otaku genki girl back!

Fleur on the other hand is still adorable as ever. And next episode we finally see what kind of relationship she has with her father? Which I've always wondered about since they both had the Blanc name, so I'm all for it

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 10:56   Link #1035
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post

[spoiler]
You know, considering how Generation Bleu is paying for and hosting the entire Miller and the Mirrors gig, you would think they should know more! Lol.

Spoiler:
Yeah, but given that this is their HQ, I'd think everything is sponsored and hosted by them...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 11:06   Link #1036
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Goddamn! I totally forgot about THAT TheEnd coloring from the end of E7. Argh. My brain is melting into a jar now. Generation Bleu has some explaining to do.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 11:28   Link #1037
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:

Man almost every attempt at a mecha series these days feels like a bad eva clone with bad expies of Eva characters. I'm kind of getting used to it much as I hate it at the same time.

I don't this is one yet though other than the whole pilot must be a child for no particular reason thing. Well that and the whole super secret organization with dubious motives thing. Oh and the whole mysterious entities trying to communicate, but actually destroying things in the process...so wait yeah it kind is feeling a little Eva clone maybe....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 11:29   Link #1038
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Most of the complaints I see about this show sound like they were written before it started...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 11:37   Link #1039
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Most of the complaints I see about this show sound like they were written before it started...
The only real major complaints I have right now are the whole child pilot only gimmick being introduced to a franchise that never really had it before. the impenetrable storyline that makes it hard to really get invested in what's going on since you don't really understand the stakes at this early stage and of course Elena Peoples. I couldn't have come up with those before the show started though cause I didn't know they'd exist yet.

Considering the original series didn't have much direction or explanation as to the greater mysteries of the show till like about the 3rd quarter this is something I'm willing to forgive for now though.

I was going to ask what the hell NTR means again, but I remembered at the last second. So out of touch with this whole shipping terminology it's not even funny. Never been a shipper and never will, just care about the relationship being interesting or not. If it's an interesting one that's good enough for me, and for this show Ao and Naru's is just about the only meaningful and tangible one to have been established so it's probably a good thing that she's back and involved in whatever the heck is going on right now.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-05-25 at 11:47.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 11:40   Link #1040
Azuma Denton
~AD~

So AO has to deal with NTR??
I say forget about Naru and go for Fleur instead...

The more i see it, the more i think this is the prequel of Eureka Seven instead of the sequel...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen