Notices

Old 2011-11-11, 14:42   Link #1921
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Occupy Air Gear
Old 2011-11-13, 22:46   Link #1922
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow, OG put the protesters into this. Where is RIka in all this? At least we know Mikan and Ume aren't dead. So Sora's power up gave him a hair change?
Old 2011-11-13, 23:23   Link #1923
Xion Valkyrie

He went super saiyan.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 00:43   Link #1924
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
He went super saiyan.
it looks more like spitfires
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 11:02   Link #1925
konart

Spoiler for 336:
Old 2011-11-17, 10:52   Link #1926
pwnorbepwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Wow, OG put the protesters into this. Where is RIka in all this? At least we know Mikan and Ume aren't dead. So Sora's power up gave him a hair change?
I think it's setting up for Rika vs. Ringo, Sora vs. Ikki.
pwnorbepwned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 10:57   Link #1927
pwnorbepwned

Ninth Bar

I got a question. The key was really the ninth bar, que Norse mythology and runes references, interlude into Gravity Children, makes sense; the 28 original Roads compliment each other in a system resemblant of the Norse runic system of the nine bars. On that note, the codes of the 28 Regalia can be used together to unlock the Sky Regalia, but the Sky can't reach full potential without the ninth bar, the key. I guess this means the powers of the Sky Regalia can't be used in perfect harmony as a true Sky Road yet, So my question: Why the heck did Sora give the ninth bar key to Orca instead of keeping such an important thing on hand?
Old 2011-11-17, 11:03   Link #1928
pwnorbepwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Yes i think the same.....

I want to see what happens in the simulation...is mentioned "catastrophe"

Simca fan service........you can't touch my body anymore...but she sits with her ass in his face....
I now have a mental image of a new, tame, whipped-by-Simca version of Nike. I don't why. Heh, but it's funny.
Old 2011-11-18, 10:07   Link #1929
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for new chapter:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 18:31   Link #1930
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*pa POW*

...ouch, OG, you've summed up us Americans quite well.

...waiting on someone else (i.e. Barrack Obama) to 'change' our situation without us ( the rest of the people) collectively doing much to change it. We want everything the way it was 'before', not realizing that the way it 'was' was a lie in of itself.

...and who said you can't learn anything from manga.
Old 2011-11-19, 11:06   Link #1931
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Guessing Oh Great did not want to pass off Kururu's feelings for Ikki as just respect as it confirms that she at least likes Ikki to some extent. From reading the whole manga, I still believe that Ringo loves Ikki the most out of the 3.
Old 2011-11-20, 11:59   Link #1932
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
...waiting on someone else (i.e. Barrack Obama) to 'change' our situation without us ( the rest of the people) collectively doing much to change it. We want everything the way it was 'before', not realizing that the way it 'was' was a lie in of itself.
It's not only in America...my country almost always has things they called demonstration or something like that. All they did was complain and ask the government to help them while doing nothing but complaining, shouting or anarchy

Oh, and hey! I actually understand Air Gear chapter for once

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 14:31   Link #1933
rampak

Reading Oh great's works remind me of a french saying " les clous qui depasse appelent le Marteu" which means those who stand out will be hammered down. In this case the girls who tried to control their own life, who could function without boyfriends, who could make their own judgements and those who are in leadership positions beed to be put back in their place and teached about their place in the society. like benkei, and Simca got punished. Benkei got her leg cut and Simca got beaten up first by Ringo and then by Nike. Simca was battered down to make her realize that as a woman her duty were to support man.
Emily is a strong girl, she hande things on her own but she submits to Kazu and calls him Kazu Sama which means Kazu is her master. That's why nothing bad happens to her.
Reading Oh great's works is like reading 18-19 centeruies french novel in which women always become the helpless victims, andevery time they try to matters into their own their own hands they will ultimately fail. and we now live 22th century.
A theme common in Oh great works is abusive boyfriend.
rampak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 19:06   Link #1934
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...thanks for...'sharing'...? Can't say that I've read any 18-19 century French novels so I wouldn't know what they're talking about...

But in regards to Air Gear, I believe that you have a few things askew...

Benkei cut her own leg off to free herself from that Gundam-like mech. That didn't occur as a punishment, they were in a battle and in Air Gear, the women are just as, if not more dangerous than the men. Benkei cut her leg off o get away so that her leader, Youshitsune could unleash hell on that Mecha - he couldn't while she was there.

Simca was a weak fighter to begin with - she belonged to the faction that repaired the Air Trecks, not fight in them. Sure, Ringo taking Simca out seemed really out of place for her but she did it to keep Simca out of the way of the real fighters that wouldn't care for her standing in the Air Treck world. As for Nike, well she never liked Nike like that in the first place so the 'boyfriend' part in 'abusive boyfriend' doesn't apply. Sure, I'll admit that he was an abusive ass, there's no one here that thinks contrary to that. And yes, Nike did hit her but it didn't change her own perceptions and at the end, it's Simca that's standing and Nike that's not. Oh Great! has a weird karmic retribution thing going on.

As for Emily, I really don't see how having a body switch with someone who just happens to look like Pres. Obama isn't trauma-inducing in its own right. And have you really read the chapters that spoke of Emily and what she desired to gain from joining Kogasamaru? And in regards to why she gives Kazu the '-sama' honorific is not because she 'submits' to him in the way you are trying to imply. That honorific has so many more implications than just showing a slave-like subserviance. Everyone underestimates Emily, that's why she really doesn't get the brunt of the beatdowns that everyone else gets - she is weaker, battle-wise, than her teammates, that's why she was given the role she has. It has nothing to do with her bowing and scraping to the men in her life or to Kazu in particular.

Either way, I really don't have anything witty to say at the end of all this other than, you probably need to work a lil harder next time to troll properly...
Old 2011-11-24, 00:45   Link #1935
pingva

Tempest35:

rampak isn't trolling, he just saying that in Oh! Great manga women who doesn't crave for a man (tries to be Miss Independent) ends up in a bad situation: Benkei, Simca, Rika, Maya(Tenjou Tenge).

Last edited by pingva; 2011-11-24 at 01:58.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 09:25   Link #1936
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

But out of your list here, only Benkei actually comes close to fitting and her amputation was self-inflicted so she could get away. Simca, Rika, and Maya all got hurt because of their 'target man'.

Simca wanted Ikki.
She left the saftey of her hideout to go pursuade Ikki to join Genesis and to also let her become his Link Tuner. He refused her and dejected, she wandered around, allowing Ringo and Sleeping Forest to catch her and maim her.

Rika wanted Sora.
...and Sora is Sora - he's one of the biggest assholes I've seen in manga in a while with what he's willing to do and how far he's willing to go.

Maya wanted Mitsuomi...and Souichiro to a lesser degree for a totally different purpose.
Nearly half the manga was dedicated to their (MayaxMitsuomi) angst about not being a real couple it seems like. And I'm still not too keen on what happened to Maya either...

The only reason I got on Rampak was the way they used the examples they gave to justifiy their logic. Most of the examples that were given were twisted and one-sided, saying that a injury instance done to them was a form of 'punishment' for not totally devoting themselves to a man, which is just a WRONG statement, especially in Benkei's case. Benkei was a fighter through and through - the statement that her injury was some punishment for not waiting on Yoshitsune hand and food like a 'good little woman' enrages me. It dishonors her to have what she went through to be summed up so contritely and as a fighter myself, it pisses me off.

In Simca's case, she got hurt by Ringo just after she tried to convince Ikki that she was compeltely devoted to following him. As for Nike...there's nothing to defend Nike about. He felt as though he had to show his strength to Simca but he was an asshole about it. There's nothing to be said for his behavior - I'm glad he's crippled.

A better topic/point would be: Why are so many of OG's girls so willing to be injured for the sake of the man that they like? Is it to provide a reason for the man to take it up to the next level and fight like the demon that they are? Or is it because OG likes drawing violence done to women?

^ A statement like that would have been much better for this thread instead of a random quote with a French twist and half-assed reference to 200 year old French novels.... That's the reason I called rampak a troll - you shouldn't half-ass a statement such as the one they put forward.
Old 2011-11-24, 16:27   Link #1937
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

A better topic/point would be: Why are so many of OG's girls so willing to be injured for the sake of the man that they like? Is it to provide a reason for the man to take it up to the next level and fight like the demon that they are? Or is it because OG likes drawing violence done to women?
The way I see it: Oh! Great as a man just shows how he sees and what he prefers in women(his favorite type is Aya and Ringo - he draws them a lot on). He is a dude who sees women as fragile sexy things who can do anything for the loved ones(they ends up craving for the man and are used as motivation for their man to be strong and protective).
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 09:58   Link #1938
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for 337:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 16:18   Link #1939
Johnny
Working the bags...

Damn, Sora looks like a complete retard in that last pic...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 02:21   Link #1940
qwertyuiopz

lold at the occupy reference
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen, tournament