AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-11-11, 19:35   Link #1281
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Server is down and I have to go to work! WHY WON'T THEY JUST CUT MY FRIGGIN' FOUR HOUR DAY T_T
*Rants and raves from boredom*
Old 2008-11-11, 19:59   Link #1282
Komori
D:

Seems they opened a new PvE server to transfer to, Fizzcrank, to help with the WotLK launch. I'm kinda disappointed that Blizzard is cheating me out of my last raid night because people are QQing about their mail. Oh well. I was secretly wishing we weren't raiding tonight so I could continue reading Chaos;Head.

I'm just sad I was *one* BT run away from Exalted. Maybe I can beg for a BT raid tomorrow since we're not raiding past 10 PM for obvious reasons. It would be easy for us to fit BT into that time frame.

So how many people are hitting up the midnight launch? I'm still looking for a ride, but if I can talk (bribe) my friend into hanging out with me at Gamestop until 12AM tomorrow, I think I'll be able to make one.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 20:02   Link #1283
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mmmm, Fizzcrank. Such a noble name.....

Edit: They say the servers are coming back online now...should be all up and running in about 40 minutes with some explaination coming via the in game mail system.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2008-11-11 at 20:24.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 20:30   Link #1284
Komori
D:

With the servers being down for hours BECAUSE of the mail system, you better believe they'll be sending us shit in the mail about it. I'd be pissed if they didn't.
Old 2008-11-11, 22:08   Link #1285
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Damn, am I glad I decided to come in later and rewatch Nodame Cantabile instead! Sounds like it was a very schizenhausen day for you guys, ouch.
Old 2008-11-11, 22:57   Link #1286
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Lich King's attack was a little more powerful than we though. He's taken out all the servers.
Old 2008-11-12, 01:36   Link #1287
krisslanza

I have to wait until GameStop opens on Thursday. No bus runs at midnight and I don't fancy waiting outside for 30~ minutes then walking home :P
Old 2008-11-12, 02:13   Link #1288
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Heh. I don't even want to think about what San Francisco is like at night.

I'll wait until my order comes in thanks. Should come in a week or so.

I'll probably try to level my 40 Horde priest some more, then switch to the 55 Aliance hunter to help out those new Death Knights before I get my copy. Then its out to Northrend, Warlock style. "I prefer my evil to be demonic."

(Looks like a majority of the servers are up....mine isn't yet)
Old 2008-11-12, 03:46   Link #1289
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
then switch to the 55 Aliance hunter to help out those new Death Knights before I get my copy.
Death Knights start in an instanced zone called the Scarlet Enclave that can not be entered or re-entered, by the time they complete the quest chain that they need to do to leave the zone (which takes roughly and hour and a half) they're already lvl 58 and in gear comparable to T1 in stats.

It's safe to say there's no helping for you to be doing.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 05:42   Link #1290
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Considering I'm still working on updating to patch 3, I'm lucky I missed all that racket.

Still, this makes me wonder. Leveling my Pally? Or starting a DeathKnight? What to do, what to do?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 05:42   Link #1291
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So is it a bug that the S4 Subjugation Neck & Ring and the S4-Offhand Hunter axe are suddenly free?! Or intentional?
Old 2008-11-12, 05:55   Link #1292
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Is the other stuff free too? If not, I'm saying bug.
Old 2008-11-12, 07:47   Link #1293
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Still, this makes me wonder. Leveling my Pally? Or starting a DeathKnight? What to do, what to do?
Is that level 27 Paladin your highest level toon? Need a level 55 to unlock DK creation. Either way both classes are fun, DK is great and its something different. Requires a bit of micro-management though.

Quote:
So is it a bug that the S4 Subjugation Neck & Ring and the S4-Offhand Hunter axe are suddenly free?! Or intentional?
It's a bug, there was similar a couple months back with Shaman Resto T6. They WILL take the gear off you (more then likely, even though it will be useless in 1 day).
Old 2008-11-12, 08:37   Link #1294
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Is that level 27 Paladin your highest level toon? Need a level 55 to unlock DK creation. Either way both classes are fun, DK is great and its something different. Requires a bit of micro-management though.
Keroko mentioned having a level 62 Hunter.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 10:14   Link #1295
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Nah, I have a 62 hunter, but hunters bore me to death, and being sole DPS class (well, CC too, but few people want you for CC) means you don't get invites that easily. Not to mention hunters have a... reputation... for not being the best of party members.

Pallies can heal, tank, and DPS. No matter what is needed in a party, I'm up for the job.

As for micro-management, I play a Warrior Priest on WAR. I know micro-management (Warrior Priests are notorious for their micro-management, considering you have to heal, buff and melee to be an effective Warrior Priest. WAR's doube-targeting system (one target for DPS, one target for healing) adds a new level to micro-management on top of that).
Old 2008-11-12, 11:16   Link #1296
Komori
D:

Something tells me the servers won't come up until WotLK release. I just know it.

I'll seriously be pissed if it's not fixed by tomorrow, and if we don't get some compensation for this. I haven't logged in at all since maintenance.
Old 2008-11-12, 11:51   Link #1297
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

I know this kinda sucks. I've had all kinds of free time the last couple of days because of no work and no school. So of course WoW servers have been down the whole time basically....

I'm actually painting my deck instead ...
Old 2008-11-12, 12:44   Link #1298
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Nah, I have a 62 hunter, but hunters bore me to death, and being sole DPS class (well, CC too, but few people want you for CC) means you don't get invites that easily. Not to mention hunters have a... reputation... for not being the best of party members.

Pallies can heal, tank, and DPS. No matter what is needed in a party, I'm up for the job.

As for micro-management, I play a Warrior Priest on WAR. I know micro-management (Warrior Priests are notorious for their micro-management, considering you have to heal, buff and melee to be an effective Warrior Priest. WAR's doube-targeting system (one target for DPS, one target for healing) adds a new level to micro-management on top of that).
What server is the Hunter on? You can only make the Death Knight on a server you have a 55 on. Though I hear, in the future, once you have a 55 you get it unlocked account-wide instead of realm-wide.

They're just limiting it for now and I wouldn't suspect account-wide unlocking for many months.
Old 2008-11-12, 13:06   Link #1299
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Sigh... is that the whole Event?
The Lich Kings mighty armies.... that don't attack players and are no threat at all because they can't even kill the guards.

They should have started with that.. and save the Zombies for later.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 13:07   Link #1300
krisslanza

Well they probably didn't want them to just attack everyone on sight and be immensely powerful. That would greatly disrupt the playing of anyone who DIDN'T want to be in the event.

Remember the Zombies? And if the monsters could take down guards they'd probably wipe out some of the lesser populated cities.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows