AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shana S OVA - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 28 37.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 28.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 20.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.35%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.35%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-29, 07:02   Link #61
Bombo
TSF Fans

Man what a funniest episode <3 <3
- A hilarious episode.
- Yuji and shana "swap" : shut upx3 ROFL ROFL ROFL they so cute
- and shana didn't forget the ice cream and take them all from tanaka XD
- Alastor the man in this episode .
- whilhelmina scene ..10/10 with shana and yuji
- This episode 10/10 because Shana laughing at the end so cuuute <3.

Last edited by Bombo; 2009-11-30 at 13:47.
Old 2009-12-01, 19:14   Link #62
pparker

Timeline that I've heard (unfortunately didn't copy the source link):

the order of all the SnS S OVAs is:
1 - Reshuffle (that you can buy it yet)
2 - Zoetrope, from the novel S II (2010 february)
3 - Ceremony, from the novel S (2010 march)
4 - Domicile, from novel S II too (2010 august)
Old 2009-12-23, 00:14   Link #63
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam1638 View Post
Actually, this happened last year with SnS II, 2nd OP. When the 2nd OP was released, Eclipse & Static-Subs had to listen by ear and interpret what the lyrics were, only to find that they were 30% off when the real lyrics of Blaze were released in the discography. They corrected the lyrics by episode 22.

So if we follow this pattern, Eclipse most likely tried to interpret the lyrics by ear, since they didn't have the actual lyrics themselves because it wasn't released yet.

There's two problems I have with this theory. First, exactly where did you find anything as remote as a time gap between episode 17-24? As far as I was concerned, there was the Misago festival, Wilhelmina arrived the morning after, then spent one day trying to figure out why Shana was acting the way she was, decided to kill Yuji on the spot that same night, and the bonfire occurred next morning. Second, if you look into Shana's own personality throughout the OVA and try to insert it to 17-24, you'll find that her personality is inconsistent with that of her personality within 20-21, not to mention that Wilhelmina has yet to see Yuji as a useful Mistes by that time. So going by that, it would make more sense to put this OVA after 24 than 20.

And as far as Wilhelmina goes, she already treats Yuji pretty much as an enemy on and off the series, kind of like a mom vs. boyfriend type of deal. I agree that it would make more sense to place this after 20 or 21 based on her personality, but you should also realize that by the end of 24, although she was forced to accept that Yuji is very important to Shana, it doesn't necessarily mean that she would be able to change her attitude toward Yuji.

By my calculations, there were one or two weeks between the end of Season 1 and the beginning of Season 2, so this whole acceptance deal has to take a little bit of time. 20-21 isn't enough time to cover it. You're right, though - this is just a side story based on illustration, so it's true place in the storyline is quite debatable.
Yes, you are right. I have missed out some of your points in my estimation. Sorry for that. Could you share with us the exact reasons for two weeks between two seasons? I am curious to know more.
Old 2010-07-05, 20:55   Link #64
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

A very hilarious, and cute episode I enjoyed it, I think they did whole body switch thing very well in this episode. I hope the other OVA episodes are this enjoyable .

Also Prophecy is awesome lives up to other great OPs for shana, though the animation for it is kinda of random yet cute xD.
MAL
Old 2011-03-05, 06:38   Link #65
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Well, I'm a bit (very) behind the times as I've only picked up on Shana recently.
I loved Toradora! and enjoyed ZnT so I was always going to have to check up on Shana eventually

Finished SII last night, which ironically in many ways I enjoyed more than SI (lack of Professor for most of it really helped ) and watched S 1 today.

Although it's not clearly contiguous and it's not heavy going in terms of plot, I did really like watching it this close to the end of SII, as it kinda capped off/reinforced the ending of SII where Yuji broke the love triangle by choosing Shana. [seriously, that smile at the end of S2 Ep24 was one of THE happiest I think I've ever seen animated]

Had a couple of quite nice moments where you saw the inner thoughts of the pair coming out too, kinda subverting the previous 2 seasons by having Shana lead, as usually the more obvious hints (when he's not trying to upset Yoshida and let Ike hit on her) come from Yuji. Most obvious of the lot of course being her temptation and almost kiss of the unconscious Yuji towards the end, and also the little reaction she gave at the end where Alastor explained what the artifact actually did. Great (and funny) stuff.

Just trying to prevent myself watching the rest of the OVAs in short order now so I can space them out between now and SIII arriving.
Reading: None at the moment
Old 2011-03-05, 17:10   Link #66
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Well, I'm a bit (very) behind the times as I've only picked up on Shana recently.
I loved Toradora! and enjoyed ZnT so I was always going to have to check up on Shana eventually

Finished SII last night, which ironically in many ways I enjoyed more than SI (lack of Professor for most of it really helped ) and watched S 1 today.

Although it's not clearly contiguous and it's not heavy going in terms of plot, I did really like watching it this close to the end of SII, as it kinda capped off/reinforced the ending of SII where Yuji broke the love triangle by choosing Shana. [seriously, that smile at the end of S2 Ep24 was one of THE happiest I think I've ever seen animated]

Had a couple of quite nice moments where you saw the inner thoughts of the pair coming out too, kinda subverting the previous 2 seasons by having Shana lead, as usually the more obvious hints (when he's not trying to upset Yoshida and let Ike hit on her) come from Yuji. Most obvious of the lot of course being her temptation and almost kiss of the unconscious Yuji towards the end, and also the little reaction she gave at the end where Alastor explained what the artifact actually did. Great (and funny) stuff.

Just trying to prevent myself watching the rest of the OVAs in short order now so I can space them out between now and SIII arriving.
There is 3 more OVAs and the S3 is coming HOPEFULLY on October, so yeah, you will need a lot of pacience
If you don't resist watching the rest of it, you can always get some spoilers from the novel's thread to know what's going on, since anime provocates massive confussions to the fans
Old 2011-03-05, 17:59   Link #67
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Yeah, thats the problem, I've got all 3 of the other OVAs sitting there
I'd rather wait til the next season gets closer before watching the others or I'll feel the wait all the more As it stands I'd rather wait for the show than check on the novels within reason, as like you mention, there's usually differences but the anime is the 'continuity' if you will that I'm used to
Reading: None at the moment
Old 2011-03-05, 22:54   Link #68
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Yeah, thats the problem, I've got all 3 of the other OVAs sitting there
I'd rather wait til the next season gets closer before watching the others or I'll feel the wait all the more As it stands I'd rather wait for the show than check on the novels within reason, as like you mention, there's usually differences but the anime is the 'continuity' if you will that I'm used to
You can go ahead and watch two of the episodes, but the last episode has quite a surprise for you that you might want to wait till season 3 is at your doorstep to watch but that's of course all up to you. Actually episode 2 is basically the same situation as episode 1 where it's pure comedy, but episode 3 you might want to hold out on
Old 2011-05-17, 17:43   Link #69
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
That scene where Shana imagines her and Yuji kissing is the hottest scene of the entire series.

You know it.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread