AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-10, 19:49   Link #4001
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow, i'm completely shocked at how eerie i found Level 4 to me. I knew going into this episode it was going to be something that's just over the top in strength, though it's form/voice just freaked me out --- especially that damn smile. Freeeeaky.

It's going to be very interesting to see how they'll wrap all this up in just three more episodes. If they give us a cliffhanger i'm gonna laugh and cry.
Old 2008-09-10, 20:02   Link #4002
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well from the Earl's perspective, it wouldn't be any fun if he just ended this game of chess so easily right?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did surpress their evolution, this level 4 at least doesn't sound too willing to be ordered around by anyone (with such power close to that of the noahs, I wonder if level 4 will listen to anyone lesser than the Earl).
Actually the most likely scenario is that a Level 4 is so evolved that the soul it has gains free will. I'd think that it becomes so immensely powerful that it no longer requires orders.

If this is the first time a Level 4 has ever been seen, that would be what I suspect and to me it makes the most sense. The Mellennium Earl doesn't need renegade Level 4 Akumas running around and disuprting his plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Wow, i'm completely shocked at how eerie i found Level 4 to me. I knew going into this episode it was going to be something that's just over the top in strength, though it's form/voice just freaked me out --- especially that damn smile. Freeeeaky.

It's going to be very interesting to see how they'll wrap all this up in just three more episodes. If they give us a cliffhanger i'm gonna laugh and cry.
I was just as surprised. This Akuma is REALLY ugly. Ugliest thing I've ever seen. Just as well, it seems to be pretty much unstoppable in all senses of the word.

Should make for a curious couple of episodes.
Old 2008-09-10, 20:40   Link #4003
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I was just as surprised. This Akuma is REALLY ugly. Ugliest thing I've ever seen. Just as well, it seems to be pretty much unstoppable in all senses of the word.
Ugly isn't the word i'd use for Level 4 --- i just don't see it as a ugly looking creature. Just eerie.
Old 2008-09-10, 21:01   Link #4004
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well from the Earl's perspective, it wouldn't be any fun if he just ended this game of chess so easily right?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did surpress their evolution, this level 4 at least doesn't sound too willing to be ordered around by anyone (with such power close to that of the noahs, I wonder if level 4 will listen to anyone lesser than the Earl).
I don't think it's safe to assume it would listen to the Earl, based on that episode.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 21:31   Link #4005
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I don't think it's safe to assume it would listen to the Earl, based on that episode.
nah it will definitly listen the Earl... after all they are his creations. Killing a couple of skulls shoudnt be much... the power of that lvl 4 seems to be even higher than the Noah, which had complete control over lvl 3 akumas, so the only one that could possible order him around is the Earl.

Im sastified with this weeks episodes Bleach, D gray man and even ZnT. Hope the next ones will be as good
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 21:34   Link #4006
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Congratulations, for this thread has reached and now exceeded the 4000 posts count.

In Topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeyice View Post
Geez, when that thing screamed my ears bled, and I screamed too! Even my mom could hear it screaming when I had headphones on. e_e;

This is one of the top suspenseful/epic episodes so far. Other ones on my list would be episodes 56 and 70 though.

I'm afraid to think of what Allen saw. The only description I could think of as an equivalent to that reaction would be -for me- something pretty grotesque, like when doctors open up bodies, or whatever makes you feel like puking as soon as you see it.
I have not watched the episode yet, but I'm eagerly looking forward that the anime does not let me down on three specific events:
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 21:36   Link #4007
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

Congratulations, for this thread has reached and now exceeded the 4000 posts count.

In Topic

I have not watched the episode yet, but I'm eagerly looking forward that the anime does not let me down on three specific events:
Spoiler:
Oh don't worry... The Level 4 is unpleasing in all three ways. I promise.

It's double-hideous and makes nails on a chalkboard sound like paper in the wind. Swish swish... SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!
Old 2008-09-10, 21:39   Link #4008
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Also im not very sure but i think the Earls primary objective was never to wipe out the Order. I mean... he was always doing his own things without paying much attention to the Exorcists. Also i would guess that the birth of the lvl 4 might have some relation with the Earl snapping some episodes before and the egg being destroyed... Destroying his black Ark and egg made the Earl focus on the Order....
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 22:18   Link #4009
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Ugly isn't the word i'd use for Level 4 --- i just don't see it as a ugly looking creature. Just eerie.
Yeah that's the kind of feeling I got. It just felt more eerie and creepy. Not just about its appearance, but behaviour and the kind of feeling it gave off. Just feel the entirety comes together with a very disturbing feeling. Just glad there is a screen between me and it .
Old 2008-09-10, 22:23   Link #4010
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah that's the kind of feeling I got. It just felt more eerie and creepy. Not just about its appearance, but behaviour and the kind of feeling it gave off. Just feel the entirety comes together with a very disturbing feeling. Just glad there is a screen between me and it .
Ah yes...

The fabled >quarter-inch of safety...

May we all relax in peace knowing it shall never break free from its prison.

Old 2008-09-10, 23:12   Link #4011
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Ah yes...

The fabled >quarter-inch of safety...

May we all relax in peace knowing it shall never break free from its prison.

Somehow I have a strong desire to build some sort of barrier between me and the laptop . But then I think of the inconvenience of not being able to use it and I decide to take my chances.
Old 2008-09-11, 01:30   Link #4012
indicatoto101

Before this episode aired, I got the impression that the Lv4 in this episode was an evolution of those giant akumas the Generals manhandled. Eishi ("title") is lv3 and this bastard is lv4, so what level are those giant akumas? 3.5?
indicatoto101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 07:08   Link #4013
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
WOW episode 100 was nothing but the Order get pwnd in the worst way by a level 4 that resembled a demonic gothic pixie with a toddlers voice. This level 4 seems to have a mind of its own i dont know if it will take order from anyone even the Earl.
Old 2008-09-11, 07:55   Link #4014
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, the evolution of Akuma is something very close to the Earl's heart. They are his babies, after all.
Old 2008-09-11, 08:37   Link #4015
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, the evolution of Akuma is something very close to the Earl's heart. They are his babies, after all.
Those are some busted looking babies. However i did find it interesting that bookman stated that this was the first time a level 4 had been recorded. This might have been mentioned before and i just dont remember. What is the catalyst for a Akuma to evolve?
Old 2008-09-11, 09:46   Link #4016
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
What is the catalyst for a Akuma to evolve?
Officially, there's no catalyst per say, the Akuma will evolve when it's ready to evolve. But from the recent episodes, it most likely possible for lesser Akumas to merge together to form the more powerful ones.

And when I say 'merge', I also mean Cannibalize, as was shown in the Edo Arc. It seems logical after all, there's only so many humans they could massacre- Killing each other might also be a faster approach.

The giant akumas is an exception. They didn't evolve, but rather just stack up into a single large monster, which surprisingly has the same power level no matter what Akuma levels were used to create it. Of course, there is still a possibility that a Giant Akuma is just stage 1 for the Level 4... Think of it like an insect; The Giant Akumas are the 'larva', that Woman is the 'Pupa', and the resulting adult stage is the nasty-ass Level 4.

But don't ask me what does it take to get it to stage 2... Maybe a hell-lot of Akumas?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 10:01   Link #4017
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Those are some busted looking babies. However i did find it interesting that bookman stated that this was the first time a level 4 had been recorded. This might have been mentioned before and i just dont remember. What is the catalyst for a Akuma to evolve?
This actually contains spoilers from the manga, so I won't say it here. If you're interested, PM me.
Old 2008-09-11, 15:46   Link #4018
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Actually the most likely scenario is that a Level 4 is so evolved that the soul it has gains free will. I'd think that it becomes so immensely powerful that it no longer requires orders.

If this is the first time a Level 4 has ever been seen, that would be what I suspect and to me it makes the most sense. The Mellennium Earl doesn't need renegade Level 4 Akumas running around and disuprting his plans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Maybe...I take it that it is kind of a long shot for level4s to listen to the Earl either and he may have killed previous ones off himself due to their free will making it one reason why none has been recorded so far.

Speaking of free wills, it seems like they no longer have a distinguishable soul at level 4 (at least level 3s have a pair blood shot eyes floating in the mess).

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
*Shivers at the thought*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Officially, there's no catalyst per say, the Akuma will evolve when it's ready to evolve. But from the recent episodes, it most likely possible for lesser Akumas to merge together to form the more powerful ones.

And when I say 'merge', I also mean Cannibalize, as was shown in the Edo Arc. It seems logical after all, there's only so many humans they could massacre- Killing each other might also be a faster approach.

The giant akumas is an exception. They didn't evolve, but rather just stack up into a single large monster, which surprisingly has the same power level no matter what Akuma levels were used to create it. Of course, there is still a possibility that a Giant Akuma is just stage 1 for the Level 4... Think of it like an insect; The Giant Akumas are the 'larva', that Woman is the 'Pupa', and the resulting adult stage is the nasty-ass Level 4.

But don't ask me what does it take to get it to stage 2... Maybe a hell-lot of Akumas?
I'd say that is likely.
The big ass Akumas might be the link between level 3 and level 4. It would also make some sense if evolution for akumas are somewhat similar to that of exorcists in that the threat of being killed could trigger some fast evolution (one of the reasons asides from killing people until you evolve).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 17:19   Link #4019
SkoolRumble4Ya

Damn I gotta wait until after work to watch D.Grayman. From all that level 4 talk it sounds like it's scary.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 18:03   Link #4020
Mazus

In general killing is all that's needed in order for an akuma to evolve. As the akuma keeps killing the soul that inhabits it keeps degrading allowing to akuma to have more control of it's functions giving it more abilities. Thus the reason why they evolve by killing, be it humans or other akuma.

At least that's my theory anyway but it's pretty sound from what I've seen on how the soul look each time it evolves.

Oh and the reason why akuma can count is because it seems like the soul is aware of what the akuma possessing them is doing. So it's stands to say that they know by killing other akuma they are destroying the souls that inhabit since they are purifying weapons like the innocence.

Again it's just a theory stemming from the soul degradation as the akuma evolves.
Mazus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk