Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-17, 17:23   Link #1
Wych

Vastro Lorde [MANGA]

Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Wych; 2007-11-17 at 17:38.
Old 2007-11-17, 17:26   Link #2
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Well Grimmjoww was an Adjuchas so there's definitely no Vastro Lorde from 10-6.
Old 2007-11-17, 18:19   Link #3
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Ulquiorra has a mask that is similar to a Vastro Lorde so he might have been close to achieving it
Old 2007-11-17, 21:14   Link #4
Irkalla
I asked for this

I suspect that weird new guy Wonderweiss (or whatever his name is) is one of the Vasto lordes...It seems kinda the typical shonen trick but there is a chance....
Old 2007-11-18, 22:14   Link #5
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Well Grimmjoww was an Adjuchas so there's definitely no Vastro Lorde from 10-6.
Was. keyword. I truly believe he is a Vasto lorde.

If he wasn't wouldn't he appear more animal like? Kubo also implied that Grimmjow became a Vasto Lorde after consuming part of Shawlong and D-roy.

I believe the reason you guys are having a hard time excepting this...Is because Vasto Lordes where hyped up as being SUPER DUPER BEINGS! And because Ichigo OWNED him! (Shame on you for that)

I think Grimmjow'S defeat, was a merely a way to show the true strength of the Vaizards. That's why he let Shinji give him a preview or Vizard power, and Ichigo owning him...Was to demonstrate the immense powers of VizardS
Old 2007-11-18, 22:49   Link #6
astrallionheart

IMO Grimmjow is more human looking than that clown Ulquiorra. Since he looks like Hitsugaya's uncle, while Ulqi only looks human if you factor in a couple layers of the ugliest makeup you can imagine.

Unless "human looking" is simply a general term.
Old 2007-11-18, 22:54   Link #7
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

The way I understand it, Vasto Lorde has a guaranteed chance to look human-like while Adjuchas has a much smaller chance to look human-like.

Gillian has no chance at all.
Old 2007-11-18, 23:35   Link #8
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
The way I understand it, Vasto Lorde has a guaranteed chance to look human-like while Adjuchas has a much smaller chance to look human-like.

So are you saying Grimm is a Vasto Lorde or an Adjuchas?
Old 2007-11-18, 23:37   Link #9
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Was. keyword. I truly believe he is a Vasto lorde.

If he wasn't wouldn't he appear more animal like? Kubo also implied that Grimmjow became a Vasto Lorde after consuming part of Shawlong and D-roy.

I believe the reason you guys are having a hard time excepting this...Is because Vasto Lordes where hyped up as being SUPER DUPER BEINGS! And because Ichigo OWNED him! (Shame on you for that)

I think Grimmjow'S defeat, was a merely a way to show the true strength of the Vaizards. That's why he let Shinji give him a preview or Vizard power, and Ichigo owning him...Was to demonstrate the immense powers of VizardS
Grim never did consume them cuz we saw shawlong alive
Old 2007-11-19, 00:09   Link #10
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
Grim never did consume them cuz we saw shawlong alive
Um so was D-roy...But he looked dead in the chapter.

I believe you can consume part of Hollow and still gain strength....Only the Hollow who is consumed...Will cease to evolve. Shawlong was Grimmjow's fracion....So I could see him letting his master eat a part of him.

Didn't Kubo state this?
Old 2007-11-19, 00:13   Link #11
kagato3

Quote:

No, gillian's can look human after removeing their masks. Nakeem was only of gillian class and many belive that D-roy was as well.

most likely it is something like
Vasto Lorde 100%
Adjuchas 80%
Gillian 50%

Grim was a very powerfull Adjuchas before becomeing an arrancar and was still clasified as such by Urahara since he said that the first raid was made by gillian and Adjuchas level hollows.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-11-19, 00:24   Link #12
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
No, gillian's can look human after removeing their masks. Nakeem was only of gillian class and many belive that D-roy was as well.

most likely it is something like
Vasto Lorde 100%
Adjuchas 80%
Gillian 50%

Grim was a very powerfull Adjuchas before becomeing an arrancar and was still clasified as such by Urahara since he said that the first raid was made by gillian and Adjuchas level hollows.
How would Urahara know? The first raid was made by Yammi and Ulquiorra, so was he talking about them?

What chapter is this?

Also....Grimm was an ESPADA, ARRANCAR....So he couldn't have been an Adjucahas...A former one, maybe...But he was not one when they made the SECOND raid

I still say Grimmjow is a Vasto Lorde, if he wasn't...Why would Kubo have Shawlong say..."Unlike me and D-roy...You were meant to go beyond the level of Adjuchas...We were destined to be Adjuchas, while you were meant to be a Vasto Lorde....Consume us" Yada Yada...

You don't see that as an inference, that Grimmjow is a Vasto Lorde?

Oh yeah...It says Vasto lordes have the greatest chance of retaining a human form after Shinigamification.
Adjuchas and Gillians...Have the least...Most of the time, they will not have a complete Humanoid form....

Doesn't say anything specific, about percentages.
Old 2007-11-19, 00:43   Link #13
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
I suspect that weird new guy Wonderweiss (or whatever his name is) is one of the Vasto lordes...It seems kinda the typical shonen trick but there is a chance....
actually, I was thinking the same thing.
Old 2007-11-19, 00:59   Link #14
astrallionheart

Since Grimmjow is as human looking as they come, right next to probably Stark the Shark, I would think if any of the current espada were Vasto Lorde, then it would probably start with Grimmjow.
Old 2007-11-19, 01:41   Link #15
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
Since Grimmjow is as human looking as they come, right next to probably Stark the Shark, I would think if any of the current espada were Vasto Lorde, then it would probably start with Grimmjow.
Szyael is just as human looking (or more) as Grimm but only no.8. Telsa also looks like a normal human but isn't even an espada. Vastro lorde are the most human-looking class of menos. How human looking a hollow is after becoming an arrancar doesn't indicate what they were as menos.

Quote:
ditto.
Old 2007-11-19, 06:18   Link #16
tbl
Affably Evil

GJ was an Adjuchas before becoming an arrancar.
Spoiler for GJ as an Adjuchas:

I'd say the first Vastro Lorde-Arrancar would be Uliquiorra.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2007-11-19, 08:19   Link #17
kagato3

Quote:
How would Urahara know? The first raid was made by Yammi and Ulquiorra, so was he talking about them?

What chapter is this?

Also....Grimm was an ESPADA, ARRANCAR....So he couldn't have been an Adjucahas...A former one, maybe...But he was not one when they made the SECOND raid

I still say Grimmjow is a Vasto Lorde, if he wasn't...Why would Kubo have Shawlong say..."Unlike me and D-roy...You were meant to go beyond the level of Adjuchas...We were destined to be Adjuchas, while you were meant to be a Vasto Lorde....Consume us" Yada Yada...

You don't see that as an inference, that Grimmjow is a Vasto Lorde?

Oh yeah...It says Vasto lordes have the greatest chance of retaining a human form after Shinigamification.
Adjuchas and Gillians...Have the least...Most of the time, they will not have a complete Humanoid form....

Doesn't say anything specific, about percentages.
chp 242 page 9
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-11-19, 08:46   Link #18
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

If you ask me Ulqi and above are VL . On what grounds I say this well the VL silhouette kind of matches Ulqi. I too think Wonderweiss may be VL .Also the 100 % humanoid form is most likely an anomally IMO . Arrancars will have masks and holes thats what diffrentiates them from Vizards .
Old 2007-11-19, 09:44   Link #19
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
chp 242 page 9
Umm you proved nothing with that. (Read it again...He is actually backing up what I am saying about Grimm)
He said the Hollows that came with Grimjow were comprised of Gillians & Adjuchas...He did not say Grimmjow was one of them!

@Geta Boshi (Kya! I love your username, I will probably never change it *I have a penchant for renaming forum members*)
I am not denying that Ulquiorra is a Vasto Lorde. He looks like the silhouette they show...

However you are letting the partial Helmet, confuse you. It's making you think that Ulquiorra must be a VL and Grimmjow can't possibly be. So if we are to go by the Helmet (I know it's a partial mask but it reminds me of "Haagar the horrible") Then Ulquiorra's the only one

Grimmjow is about as tall as Zaraki...So he too small to be an Adjuchas...his fracion
looked less humanoid than HE did...Shawlong had a bugs arm...Humans do not have bug arms!

Kubo show us Grimm in the form of a panther...Not panther-like he was a panther. The he shows us a flashback of his Fracion tellling him he was meant to go further then them and offered up there bodies...So he can become a VL.

Now he is human looking and when he released he looked more like Celebi than a cat...He was still humanoid in form.....

So how did he get that way...UNLESS HE WAS A VASTO LORDE!

I figured it went like this...<<<Hollow>>> <-----Consumes-----> <<<Hollow (after Hollow)>>>Evolves (Over time, goes through different stages of evolution and is able to go from Gilllian to Vastolorde)>>>----> Eventually becomes...<<<Arrancar>>>

It it's able to remove part of it's mask. (This process is called Shinigamification.) Thereby restoring a part of it's humanity, and gaining "Shinigami powers, aka Zankpaku-to.

Except in Grimm's case, unlike the 1'st generation that were created naturally, Grimm was made an Arrancar...After becoming a VL, with the Hougyoku by Aizen.
Old 2007-11-19, 10:58   Link #20
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Question: was it ever stated how many vastro lorde total exist in HM? I know Hitsu said 10 VL=end of SS but was it mentioned how many actually exist

Quote:
Grimmjow is about as tall as Zaraki...So he too small to be an Adjuchas...his fracion
looked less humanoid than HE did...Shawlong had a bugs arm...Humans do not have bug arms!
Shawlong only had the bug arm once he released. Other than the size of his mask, he looked just as human as GJ.

Quote:
Kubo show us Grimm in the form of a panther...Not panther-like he was a panther. The he shows us a flashback of his Fracion tellling him he was meant to go further then them and offered up there bodies...So he can become a VL.

Now he is human looking and when he released he looked more like Celebi than a cat...He was still humanoid in form..... So how did he get that way...

UNLESS HE WAS A VASTO LORDE!

Arrancar release state doesn't make them completely change back into their original forms. They look more like they did as menos, but they are still hybrids. Like when Shawlong released, his arm became more buglike and he got the scorpion tail, but he was still more human than he was as a menos.

So Grimm being humanoid when he released doesn't prove he's a VL, because all arrancar look more humanoid in their release forms than they did in their original forms.

Really, if Grimmjow was a vastro lorde I think he would've stated it himself while he was boasting to Ichigo. He's so hung up on his strength, if he was the strongest class of menos, he would definitely make it known to his enemies. The same with Noitora, he would've mentioned it. Halibel too, would've made note of it since she was commenting on the level Ichigo was fighting at. If Ichigo was keeping up with a vastro lorde seems like she would've mentioned that specifically.

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2007-11-19 at 11:12.
Closed Thread