AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Bakemonogatari - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 20 14.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 17.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 17.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 28 19.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 9.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 17 12.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 5.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.71%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.13%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-13, 13:11   Link #121
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Good grief !! !!!!!
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 13:57   Link #122
Jerseykid

They need to take these exact cast and their personalities and make something in the same vein as school days!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 15:02   Link #123
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
They need to take these exact cast and their personalities and make something in the same vein as school days!
... oh god it begins.

There will never be another school days. However you take it.

Aside from the the picture show, I'm enjoying the show. Great art is better than something wicked sloppy, yet I can take 'experimental' style animation. Maybe it would've been better with some sort of animation... with minimal reuse.

Can't please everyone. Even if Senjougahara wasn't visually in the episode her presence still prevades it. I think Arragi has to deal with his 'messiah' complex. Have to say she's more #1 favorite female char here, with Nadeko stealing #2 thanks to that OP... and maybe my thing for that archetype.
Old 2009-09-13, 15:15   Link #124
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Sexual frustration and fantasy projection.

Some people (mostly males) are fascinated with school days only because it is one of the few "non hentai anime" where the male lead gets to easily have sex with a virtual harem of girls, three of whom just wanted to see if he was a good shag.

I mean that is the only selling point apart from the art/animation design of the girls.

I also echo the theory that there will never be another SD.

And I add... that no one in their right capitalistic mind, aside from doujin lunatics, would take the characters from this BKMG title and defile them with the mayhem that is school days.

It would be a travesty of epic proportions.

It must and will never happen.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 15:32   Link #125
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Although the animation was a bit off [I took their mouths not talking as a stylistic choice. Guess it wasn't], I enjoyed this episode. The OP is ridiculously cute, probably since she's one of my more favorite characters.

I have to admit, their character models felt off this episode, and this wasn't as fulfilling for a arc-ender, but I felt all the cuts actually added to the tension. Not knowing what was going on and seeing him hurt a few times really added to the suspense of the scene, since it felt like you really couldn't see what was hurting Araragi and that he was just getting beat up in a different way than with Kanbaru. It's comparable to the old techniques of off-screen fights, conveyed through shadows and such.

That's the only part though; the parts after the fight were strange. It still wasn't that bad; the dialogue was still good and I enjoyed the resolution.

Edit: lol@the animation timing in the beginning of the OP not syncing with the first second of the song.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 16:09   Link #126
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
funny intro song, that really made me smile

all these scenes "black, white, red" with the coloured background

there's always written, about in the height of the subtitle "unnumbered cut" or something

is this on purpose or do we get to see this scenes someday in a directors cut or something? lol
Sephiroth_760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 16:11   Link #127
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_760 View Post
is this on purpose or do we get to see this scenes someday in a directors cut or something? lol
It's not on purpose, the episode just wasn't 100% complete. There's a chance we may see the completed version next week on BS-J, or wait for the DVD release in December.
Old 2009-09-13, 17:21   Link #128
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Intense episode .
Yeah , the lasts minutes with Arararagi's fights got a fews animations hmmm .
He tried to save the guy who cursed Sengoku arg .
Me i think its fine to let the curse back to the guy . He deserves it .
Next Tsubasa's cat . We'll see Hanekawa i guess .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 17:27   Link #129
Da~Mike

Just watched gg's ep 10 of this series and well, I was a little puzzled at first by the really low frame count, the large number of various still shots etc. And the OP was the only thing that was animated devently... which didn't add very much to the plot as far as I can tell.

But anyway, I agree with Vexx on the divided opinions of this episode. I mean, it is from a light novel so one does have a bit more freedom in creating the animated screenplay (if any). Though other light novel adaptations make the animators seem either very lazy, or very broke.

Perhaps they should have turned the second half of the episode into an audio book with the VAs reading out their relevant parts, and lead as the narrator (his POV). It might have been more interesting that way, rather than a pseudo audio drama.
Da~Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 17:50   Link #130
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's not on purpose, the episode just wasn't 100% complete. There's a chance we may see the completed version next week on BS-J, or wait for the DVD release in December.
I see
becuz till now, every ep I saw has got those screens in it
I guess I'm going to buy the DVD in order to see those scenes haha xD

what's left me hanging is that there's not enough Senjougahara lol
I hope there's more in Tsubasa's Cat

I, personally, didn't really like that Nadeko Snake arc ...
Ok, I like it, but the other arcs were better^^
Sephiroth_760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 19:00   Link #131
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Like everyone has said this story arc wasn't particularly interesting, but I think that this arc really isn't about Nadeko. This is building up something that is going to happen to Araragi.

I think that is why they didn't spend much time on Nadeko's character. Viewers cannot grow attached to characters that have very little interaction and very little spoken dialog.

It seems to me that the problem of Araragi has been building up since part 3 of the Rainy Devil arc.

You could tell that Oshino was pissed off at Araragi for going to fight Kanbaru instead of chopping off her arm. And this episode is the same thing. Araragi is trying to help the people who caused his friend harm.

I think that Oshino is gonna get pissed and slap Araragi across the face. I havn't read the novels so I don't know that this is really what is going on.

Also. I want more Hachikuji. She is my fav female character in this show. I just love her voice.
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 20:08   Link #132
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Some people (mostly males) are fascinated with school days only because it is one of the few "non hentai anime" where the male lead gets to easily have sex with a virtual harem of girls, three of whom just wanted to see if he was a good shag.

I mean that is the only selling point apart from the art/animation design of the girls
Tch, tch, tch, putting aside the second comment which is an opinion, I have to correct that School Days has drawn attention before it has turned into an anime. There is plenty of fascination with School Days and not involving the reason you stated.
Rather, people fascinated for that reason would be disappointed in watching it?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 20:14   Link #133
Molenir

As someone who despised School Days, I sincerely hope theres never a repeat of that crappy show. Back to the topic at hand now. I'm curious about this arc. Who was it who cursed Nadeko? 2 people, a girl, her former friend, and a boy who grew angry with her rejection?

Was the girl one of his younger sisters then? I mean consider when she went to see him, she didn't want to talk to her friend, his sister. Will that have an impact in the upcoming episodes? Not just on whatever guy it was, but possibly one of his sisters?
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 20:20   Link #134
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
As someone who despised School Days, I sincerely hope theres never a repeat of that crappy show. Back to the topic at hand now. I'm curious about this arc. Who was it who cursed Nadeko? 2 people, a girl, her former friend, and a boy who grew angry with her rejection?

Was the girl one of his younger sisters then? I mean consider when she went to see him, she didn't want to talk to her friend, his sister. Will that have an impact in the upcoming episodes? Not just on whatever guy it was, but possibly one of his sisters?
I'm under the impression it was a new friend, his sisters lost contact with Nadeko when they (or Tsukihi) moved to another school.

Possibly one of the nameless other friends from the flashback? Whoever it was, good riddence.
Old 2009-09-13, 20:24   Link #135
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by hei View Post

For me, there are two interesting talking points in the Nadeko arc. Unfortunately for Nadeko fans, both of them are not related to Nadeko. First, it's about the Araragi-Sejogahara-Kanbaru triangle. Previously we were not informed how the ASK relation has settled and it's (deliberately) ignored this time again. So there aren't much to talk about that.

Second, it's about Araragi's growing-up. He decided to prepare for university entrance exam, but there remains another issues such as the oddity business and his relation with Senjogahara. This point was shown in this arc.

I think these words contain main theme penetrating the whole story. That is, Araragi should grow up as a lover and a person.

By the way, as far as I understand, Oshino's words came out from slightly different context. Considering Oshino's cynical attitude, it's more like this: "You are trying to save all the people you encounter, but you are a kid who is always dependent on me. You will be independent in the future. Are you ready for that coming? If you aren't, stop interfering in oddity things, abandon Shinobu and return back to human world with Senjogahara."

However, the sneaky bastard knows that Araragi will never give up his harem. So what he really means is that it's time for Araragi to think about the oddity business in a more responsible manner, I think.
I think your right that this arc really was Araragi and his future. Both in the sense of looking at what he would do in terms of University, but also in regards to the oddities. Oshino really won't be around to give him help and answers forever and then where does that leave him? I just don't think Araragi is the type who will be able to turn his back if he encounters someone that is in trouble. It's like asking him to change his nature. As dangerous as Araragi's actions can be for him I don't even think Senjougahara would be happy if he just started turning his back. After all that part of him is why she likes him. He's just the type that will try to save anyone even in the extremes where they have tried to kill him or staple the inside of his mouth . Right now the only way to force him not to act is to do like Kanbaru did here. With poison interfering he really couldn't do much in that situation.

Kind of fits that the first step to stop helping people connected to oddities is to abandon Shinobu. Since I can't see him not trying to help the only option is to find a way to help better. Just being able to take a ton of damage and survive won't resolve the oddity situations.

Should be interesting to see how this is touched on in the next arc. Araragi managed to just avoid casualties in the first few times, but this time he couldn't do everything. Of course he saved those that should have been saved and the kid who had the snake come back to him pretty much had it coming. Certainly it's better than Nadeko dying or Araragi dying.
Old 2009-09-13, 21:27   Link #136
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

Well... at least by this time, Koyomi would have to stop and think before he acts. He just can't keep playing God forever, and save all of humanity from all oddities. Especially in this case, since the oddity this time is made out of spite. I agree with what most people said that this arc was not used just to introduce another character, but it focuses more on Koyomi and how he will grow up. Even though Nadeko obviously have feelings for Koyomi, the series just dropped it and moved on to Koyomi's problems.
I think the arc was divided into 2 so that it would show the two negative effects of Koyomi's so called "Extreme Kindness". First part of the arc shows that by being kind, it causes misunderstandings on what Koyomi is feeling, as mentioned by Hanekawa. Second part shows as what most people noticed, Koyomi's tendency of playing God, and saving all people from oddities.
Overall, the episode is excellent. Nadeko's opening is very cute.
I can't wait for Tsubasa Cat arc.
pseudonhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 21:58   Link #137
gigaloki
The Silent Ninja Perv

Send a message via Yahoo to gigaloki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Sexual frustration and fantasy projection.

I mean that is the only selling point apart from the art/animation design of the girls.

I also echo the theory that there will never be another SD.

And I add... that no one in their right capitalistic mind, aside from doujin lunatics, would take the characters from this BKMG title and defile them with the mayhem that is school days.

It would be a travesty of epic proportions.

It must and will never happen.
what the heck?! why is school days being WTFCRITIZIEDBADLY here... and who the moron would have placed similarities between SD chars to BKMG chars?!

that's freakin obnoxious... btw....

this is not true! you just dont get the meaning of those parts... try watching it 10 times! im sure you'll get what that anime wants to show. its not all about sex and mayhem.

also, dont call doujin boys "LUNATICS"... they're just pervs... but calling then idiots is a big mistake, they are more intelligent than ever you could imagine.

ok ok sorry.... i just dont want one of my favs being critizied badly.

^^back to BKMG ep 10

well, the arc ended well.... and also Araragi-kun left in a deep mental conflict about what he would do on his future.

@all

you all give pretty impression on the story, im so amused reading all of your comments

nadeko OP is so KAWAII!! cant wait for tsubasa arc

YURINESS

NeverGiveUpPH
gigaloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 22:44   Link #138
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
... or you could rate the broadcast as it is (which clearly was not ready for broadcast so Shinbo's slideshow tactic was used, and we're tired of that kind of sidestepping for broadcast anime). Those folks gave it a low score.
Well, I would give it a '5' at the moment, but not actually vote until I can see the "complete" episode later (if anyone will sub the DVDs/BDs).

...and I agree that they probably busted the budget with that op...
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 23:27   Link #139
HandofFate

Spoiler for episode 10 impressions:

hm, so the black screen and cuts and stuff were due to budget and production cuts? (for all the episodes)
I liked how some of them were put in during the earlier episodes, gave it a good light novel feeling to me..so DVDs release can expect to have none of those?

Giving this episode an 8
Old 2009-09-14, 00:10   Link #140
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

I gave it a 5 because of the animation. I'm not going to judge what could have been or what it will be in the future, I'm judging what it is now.

The story was respectable. Why the first snake would be destroyed by the ritual and not the second didn't make sense to me though. I guess it needed to be that way so Ararararagi would have to live with not being able to save that random boy he doesn't know.

I also really like the music they've been playing. That piano music.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote