AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Old 2012-08-27, 10:29   Link #141
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

if they did cancel a project. it will be unannounced one

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 10:31   Link #142
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Definitely not Psycho-Pass. Shiotani just tweeted that voice recording sessions started for his new show today. The contract IG terminated was already stopped on June 30th.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 10:47   Link #143
purusani

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Definitely not Psycho-Pass. Shiotani just tweeted that voice recording sessions started for his new show today. The contract IG terminated was already stopped on June 30th.
Then that's a relief : )
Old 2012-08-27, 11:12   Link #144
suntaclaus

WAIT FOR 8.30
...to know about canceling the project.
suntaclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 15:04   Link #145
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
seriously ?
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 18:54   Link #146
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
No No. 6 ending was horrible but the criticism of what Utsuro no Hako is referring to started pretty much immediately.
Everyone still loved Tsuritamina, I just wish it had done better in the ratings.

How often are projects that are already announced canceled anyway.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 00:47   Link #147
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

From ANN:

Quote:
On Friday, the Comic Natalie website revealed details about the story of Psycho-Pass, the upcoming anime that will air on Fuji TV's Noitamina programming block this October.

The series takes place in the near future, when it is possible to instantaneously measure and quantify a person's state of mind and personality. This information is recorded and processed, and the term "Psycho-Pass" in the anime's title refers to a standard used to measure an individual's being. The story centers around the "enforcement officer" Shinya Kōgami, played by Tomokazu Seki, who is tasked with managing crime in such a world.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 01:09   Link #148
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Oh looks like someone finally bothered to translate the blurb. But they didn't translate the tagline on the site! :P

It currently says "Justice will be dictated by the muzzle of this gun." But what's interesting is that the "gun muzzle" Kanji characters have an alternate reading above them in Katakana which says "system". So we can be pretty sure that those high tech guns the characters are using aren't the sort that are meant to shoot to kill. Instead they're probably part of an oppressive dystopian government technological system controlling society's standards.

It's going to be interesting to see what they actually do!
Old 2012-08-28, 01:55   Link #149
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Yeah, this absolutely REEKS of Urobuchi's presence. I'll be damn shocked if it isn't him.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 02:01   Link #150
leokiko

This premise feels like it could spawn a lot of interesting stories, and long ones at that.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 02:03   Link #151
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

the synopsis is good, dang my expectations are getting high, lets see some awesome!!! thanks for the infos Guardian-Enzo and Duck-Roll
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 02:19   Link #152
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

To be honest I'm kind of furious that this is noitaminA since a premise like this would work well with an episodic format like, oh, Darker than Black.
As it is we're only getting 11 episodes for this, since R;N is 2-cours...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 05:46   Link #153
Kirarakim

The premise reminds me a bit of Minority Report. It's obviously not exactly the same, crime isn't being discovered beforehand but dangerous personalities.

Sounds really intriguing!
Old 2012-08-28, 05:54   Link #154
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I wonder if the gun have abilities like Inception.
Old 2012-08-28, 06:53   Link #155
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
The premise reminds me a bit of Minority Report. It's obviously not exactly the same, crime isn't being discovered beforehand but dangerous personalities.

Sounds really intriguing!
Yeah, I agree. I'm looking forward to what they do with the concept, since it's pretty rare that we actually get serious scifi detective thrillers with adult characters.

Edit: Btw I should probably put this here: http://blog.livedoor.jp/abars/archives/52126932.html

It's a report on the 23rd Shareholders Meeting for IG Port today. They refused to say anything about the cancellation/payment-default issue because it might have an impact on their recovery efforts regarding the loss. But what's more relevant and interesting is that when asked about their process of developing internal talent, they specifically mentioned Shiotani, the director of the Blood-C movie. They point out that he started out in IG as an animator, and he was able to advance to become a director. They also mention that for stuff like Yamato 2199 and Re:Cyborg 009, the people working on them are all veterans, but for TV series these days they prefer to use fresher and younger talent. At the end of this, they mention that there is one more challenging project for the company which will be released within this year.

Old 2012-08-28, 08:43   Link #156
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
With Crazy gen Urobochi , it could be a masterpiece

How many episodes are scheduled ?
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 10:27   Link #157
blue_sora

So it could be Production I.G.? If it's really Gen he really is working with a lot of studios now.

Alright, the premise sounds intriguing but it sounds like a very heavy show, and considering this could be another Production I.G. project (wait, doesn't that means the Fall Noitamina block is conquered by Production I.G.?) I'm feeling a little bit apprehensive because it reminds me too much of Guilty Crown due to the studio, genre and the tv block.

They should really announce already who the writer is.
blue_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 10:29   Link #158
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
there is one more challenging project for the company which will be released within this year.

is that Robotics;Notes?

and is it confirmed that Psycho-Pass is animated by Production I.G.?
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 11:08   Link #159
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
is that Robotics;Notes?

As I said before, I'm hoping Psycho-Pass will be animated by Wit Studio, who was formerly Production I.G's Studio 6.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 18:19   Link #160
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
is that Robotics;Notes?

No, IG announced they were working on Robotics;Notes in April this year. They were referring to something where their involvement is not announced yet. Wit Studio = ex-IG Studio 6. Still owned by IG Port. Read the rest of the thread for the staff info I've been digging up.

Tags
action, psychological, science fiction, thriller