AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-23, 20:27   Link #3981
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So I hear that small camps are now going to be moved to 2:05 timer and that you'll have to clear the entire buff camp to get to level 2. This hurt Nunu counter-jungle in senses?
Old 2013-07-23, 20:57   Link #3982
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Haven't even seen Eve in ARAM. Now that's something I'd look forward to
If you have a team that can follow up AND can land your ult properly then Eve is totally fine. If not, well good luck being relevant
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 01:12   Link #3983
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
So I hear that small camps are now going to be moved to 2:05 timer and that you'll have to clear the entire buff camp to get to level 2. This hurt Nunu counter-jungle in senses?
When you say the entire buff camp, you mean all five camps for one level? If that's the case, it would turn jungling obsolete, since a duo lane would yield better results than that.

If not, then no. Nunu can still get his big buff and steal the other one from you with smite/consume...but a proper team that wards their jungle should have no problem against Nunu in the first place.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 04:03   Link #3984
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

^
No, the experience has shifted a bit from the buff-holder to the smaller ones. One camp is still worth the same xp.

This and the increased timers on the smaller camps makes early counter-jungling much less attractive in general, not just Nunu (although it hits him the hardest atm)
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 07:40   Link #3985
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I see, that makes sense.

So, worst ranked games ever:

1) Tristana support, 'nuff said.
2) Leader locks in Jayce to solo top, our supposed mid picks Teemo for top. After a LOT of bickering, Jayce decides to go mid and give top to Teemo (vs Singed). When the game starts, Teemo goes mid...

aaaand that's how I go around those 100 points in silver!

Last edited by Kafriel; 2013-07-24 at 08:25. Reason: fix'd
Old 2013-07-24, 08:06   Link #3986
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I see, that makes sense.

So, worst ranked games ever:

2) Leader locks in Jayce to solo top, our supposed mid picks Teemo for top. After a LOT of bickering, Jayce decides to go mid and give mid to Teemo (vs Ahri). When the game starts, Teemo goes mid...

aaaand that's how I go around those 100 points in silver!
That's a lot of mids!
Old 2013-07-24, 08:13   Link #3987
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Ugh 3rd Korean team so far picked yorick ezreal with poor mid to revive </facepalm>.

And IM#1 got rolled cause of that comp 24-8.

Quote:
I would have eaten the 3 LP queue dodge for that kinda of pick just saying .

Also Riot finally recognized that vayne is OP atm, yesterday:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2#post40067012
Riot seems to be looking at her ult to look to nerf, and given her 75% win rate in OGN and 2nd highest pick ADC, it's been coming since the last nerfs to varus, mf, and caitlyn.

Edit: Corki picked by KT B for 1st time in months, I guess pros liked the mana buffs he got last patch.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 08:26   Link #3988
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
That's a lot of mids!
It was so confusing that even I didn't get it right xD

Quote:
I would have eaten the 3 LP queue dodge for that kinda of pick just saying
I don't mind people trying out new formations and original roles (I've seen smite Heimer @ mid overwhelming Orianna) but choosing to harass with E after rocket jumping into GRAVES is just stupid. That being said, I should seriously consider dodging a few games...

As for Vayne, she is definitely one of the strongest ADCs atm, but I suspect that Lucian will be immensely OP upon release, so I'll just wait it out Especially with a supporting Leona, procs from both passives will probably hurt "more than Riot intended".

To present an actually valid point against Vayne though, her late-game potential is not as high as that of Tristana/Graves/MF, because Trist super-carries with alternated jumps between kills, Graves has three AoE skills and can open a fight with a combo kill, while MF can bullet time around J4's walls or in the Box for immense team damage. Hell, even Ashe has her arrow initiation, although personally I don't favor her as much as I did last season.
Old 2013-07-24, 09:05   Link #3989
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
I don't mind people trying out new formations and original roles (I've seen smite Heimer @ mid overwhelming Orianna) but choosing to harass with E after rocket jumping into GRAVES is just stupid. That being said, I should seriously consider dodging a few games...
Eh... I don't mind strange picks that have thought behind it, support trist offers low C.C. and low damage after 6 and isn't tanky, so I would dodge it.

Quote:
To present an actually valid point against Vayne though, her late-game potential is not as high as that of Tristana/Graves/MF, because Trist super-carries with alternated jumps between kills, Graves has three AoE skills and can open a fight with a combo kill, while MF can bullet time around J4's walls or in the Box for immense team damage. Hell, even Ashe has her arrow initiation, although personally I don't favor her as much as I did last season.
Tristana has higher late game potential, but Vayne has a very strong late game, and has huge power spike at 6, and a very strong midgame with just botrk and no other items can be a huge threat, while Tristana has the absolute worst midgame of all AD carries give her a much more vulnerable window than Vayne's 1-5 phase . And the ADC lifesteal quints, barrier, and doran blade meta start have made her 1-5 much more forgiving than it use to be since barrier makes all ins on Vayne early game much harder.

And Graves/MF's late game is only better in burst/wombo combo AoE teams, while Vayne has the highest dps of any adc besides maybe Kog'maw who needs more items, and isn't required to build IE even anymore giving her a huge edge since she can afford to build more mobility (Korea been running BotRK -> PD -> Defensive item -> LW -> Shiv). And Ashe is vulnerable to gapclosers unlike Vayne .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 18:33   Link #3990
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Kogmaw is the strongest lategame adc imo. 2nd highest range after twitch (twitch needs to use his ult though, kog only his w), %hp dmg and long range poke. He is very vulnerable early game to allins though, but his passive somewhat makes up for it in that sometimes you can get lucky suicide kills . His midgame isn't as good as vaynes, but isn't horrid like tristanas.

But I don't like hypercarries generally. I tend to like midgame centric or utility based champs, so if I'm playing adc my defaults are varus, miss fortune and the occassional ashe if I have a cc centric support like alistar or thresh (cc combo lane is brutal). Oh and Caitlyn if I'm vsing if I'm vsing a graves, sivir, vayne or quinn whom she laughably hard counters due to massive range difference and ez kiting with net + q. Though only vayne is common out of the lot.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 18:40   Link #3991
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Caitlyn and Vayne are the common picks for adc now. That's what I usually see when I'm playing games.
Old 2013-07-24, 20:23   Link #3992
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

At level 18 the range is fairly negligible (703 to 710, Twitch is a whooping 850 though) but personally I prefer Trist over Kog a bit.
Old 2013-07-24, 21:38   Link #3993
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lols just played with the curse's bot lane with their Riot provided smurfs. Man, I felt so useless when they are like 4/0 EACH before I got my first successful gank.

And losing gold due to decay sucks. Kinda weird that after the decay, I lost my qualifiers twice before streaking 4 games in a row to get the qualifier and win it. It was just so volatile as around half of the players in my team are platinum, and I dont find it fair that people were doing up to plat promos when I'm just trying to get to gold. Like WTF riot? XD

As for carries, I personally don't like they practically nerfed early/mid game carries like Draven, Urgot, and Graves to the ground, as I main Leona. Which is weird, since I saw A LOT of Leona supports in my games, but with mismatched ADCs like Vayne. Even worse they tend to get countered by Janna...

... so yeah, lack of early/mid game ADCs is why you see a lot Vaynes and Caitlynns (Vayne's counter in lane). Ez is still popular since he is dependable in the way he has few counters but few dominant matchups. I've seen some Twitch, but rarely and only in the hands of people who main him (sad again as he is a very good leona partner). But Kog? In this mobility creep, and the fact that barrier is practially needed to survive lane phase unless you're really domninat, he is just too useless when practically every top and jungler has a means to close the distance.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 00:43   Link #3994
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Regarding the matchmaking, I'm pretty sure that just means that even though you were high silver/low gold, you had an MMR equal to the plats that you were matched with.

I'm more sad about the fact that I won't have the opportunity to play with the pro smurfs. I'm in silver, so I won't meet them in placements, and they all get placed in gold after 10 matches anyways In particular, I really wanted to get matched up against Chaulift.
Old 2013-07-25, 00:53   Link #3995
Kafriel
Senior Guest

IMO the more you play, the higher you'll be ranked; eventually you'll hit ~ platinum IV or so. That's where I'll set the point at which trolls finally disappear from soloQ.
Old 2013-07-25, 02:13   Link #3996
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The point where trolls disappear from soloQ is when you reach heaven.
Old 2013-07-25, 02:36   Link #3997
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, with every one win, you make up for two losses. As long as you don't have a heavy dose of terrible luck and go on a losing streak of 4+ games, I believe you can ascend when you have played enough.

EDIT: I just had to go and say it...triple defeat today. One because they were just much better and premade, one because the support and carry went afk together and one because mid and jungle started playing at 3' or so, resulting in a dual red enemy jungler and a pretty bad game. I think I'm done with ranked for the week.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2013-07-25 at 03:19.
Old 2013-07-25, 10:09   Link #3998
Kreceir

There is something that might annoy me with my premade team.

I usually support, but if there is an opportunity I can go to other lanes, I take it to practise it.

So I get top lane, I play as a Teemo against Irelia,

I win my lane Pretty hard, I even got a double kill when Hecarim tried to gank me, But...

My other team mates THREW pretty much everything I had done in top lane.

It was only 16 Minutes in game, and they were already in skype saying ''Lets Surrender'' Even though I was 4-0-0, Didn't say a word since I was quite focused.

And then I saw my support just Warding our own freaking fountain and selling ALL his items just to buy wards 17 minutes in game.

Saying in skype ''Its pretty much already lost'' and Proceeded to FEED the enemy AP and AD carry's kills not even trying to fight them.

And that is where I lost my mind, I seriously Screamed in skype

''Everytime I get other lanes and win, You guys fucking troll and screw around cause ''Its not fun anymore, lets surrender already'' FUCK YOU GUYS WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS EVERY FUCKING TIME I GET TO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE FOR ONCE''
Then I slammed the desk and hang up in skype.

I tried to push out but the enemy was so fed, I couldn't do anything.
And then the surrender vote came out at 25 minutes in, All accepted besides me.

Even we made up and they apologized, I'm still annoyed by it.

After 4 months, I finally snapped and got angry.
Old 2013-07-25, 19:50   Link #3999
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Did you try anger management or talking with your team in those 4 months?
Old 2013-07-25, 20:26   Link #4000
Kreceir

I did, both of them.

I even went to a psychiatrist to help me out.
I won't go into great detail since its kinda off topic.

Had quite the past of a lot of being Bullied, led me to:

Suicidal thoughts , Anger , Stress , Eating a lot and Social awkwardness.

Went 2 years into a hospital just to help me recover.

I told them that, and respected it.

They were kinda shocked that I for the very first time screamed angrily in skype against them in the 1 year we know each other.
(the recent 4 months were horrible days for me)

So I snapped at them when they were just whining and complaining about the game we currently played.

I think I was being mad just cause of personal stuff and that League game just made me go over boiling point.

Sorry for going off topic.

Tags
league of legends, lol