AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-24, 21:02   Link #961
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, finally got my paws on the game. Did the first 2 missions. The feeling was exactly what I thought it would be: an interactive anime. So far, the Japanese cast was excellent, and I LOLed when the captain tried to attack my trio in mission 2 and got gunned down hard. Extra kudos to Shindou Naomi as Irene. Her narration was spot-on. Makes me go "Let's see all this to the bitter end".

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2010-12-27 at 01:09.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 01:15   Link #962
Lizzie
Resident tsundere.

Send a message via MSN to Lizzie Send a message via Yahoo to Lizzie
Well this might possibly be a necro but it seemed the best place to ask, but can I get characters back that died when I start a new game plus? I'm still rather depressed Wendy got shot down so early but I couldn't turn back by that point...
Old 2011-01-05, 01:32   Link #963
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Yes, when you start a new game everyone is alive.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 01:45   Link #964
Lizzie
Resident tsundere.

Send a message via MSN to Lizzie Send a message via Yahoo to Lizzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Yes, when you start a new game everyone is alive.
Oh good, I love wendy, I made sure the ace that killed her got run over a few times by my tank for good measure...

"hehe... boom."
Old 2011-01-05, 21:38   Link #965
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

So far, my experience with enemy snipers consists of me firing mortars at them, courtesy of Welkins.

Also, in New Game +, you have to play a while before you get everyone back.
Old 2011-01-06, 23:21   Link #966
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Also, in New Game +, you have to play a while before you get everyone back.
God, I hate that when I start a new game (I think I'm on my 4th or 5th). Invariably, the last one to join is Freesia, my favorite character.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 01:08   Link #967
DC20

When you first get to Randgriz, just reload from your last save before you go into base if you don't get the units you want - it'll randomize it every time, and it saves the list from that point. I always reload until I get Freesia, Ramona, and Cherry.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 08:52   Link #968
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

At chapter 13 now. All I can say is: Wow.
Old 2011-01-29, 05:21   Link #969
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
At chapter 13 now. All I can say is: Wow.
Is that Nagiaar?

Old 2011-01-29, 09:58   Link #970
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Is that Nagiaar?
Naggiar Part I.

So Selvaria is just running around blowing sh** up if you aren't careful.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 21:40   Link #971
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, I do know that you have to do all you can before stopping the barrage (and she then takes centre stage). Looking forward to the action.
Old 2011-04-17, 06:29   Link #972
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

After so long, I finally completed VC 1. It felt good, but I could see how the sequels had improved on the gameplay. Woot.
Old 2011-04-29, 06:14   Link #973
jwai

Quote:
After so long, I finally completed VC 1. It felt good, but I could see how the sequels had improved on the gameplay. Woot.
Yes, some things were improved in VC2, but after picking up VC1 again for a little while, I feel that a lot of skill was taken out of the sequel. Scouts were a bit too good in VC1, and while they sorta fixed this in VC2, they introduced a range of new game mechanics that could be easily abused.

It was quite a rude shock going back to VC1 after three years away from the game. I had a crack at the last skirmish map on Normal difficulty, and not only did I have to remember what the controls were again, but bad habits learned from VC2 made for a difficult experience. I would probably have to relearn VC1 all over again.

No, you can't use Retreat to freely rearrange your battle lines at will.
No, you don't have a 1CP Light Tank of Doom.
No, you can't have reserves show up this turn. Wait until next turn, when by then, they might not show up if you couldn't defend the camp properly.
No, you can't charge headlong into enemy positions and not take massive damage like you could in VC2 once you were leveled high enough.
No, you can't withdraw wounded squad members out of the blue. You'll need to physically get someone over there.
No, one person is not enough to properly defend a camp.

I think most of you will see what I'm getting at
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 08:02   Link #974
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

@jwai: Correction: you can no longer charge headlong in VC3, even shocks. In VC1 story missions, I always charge Alicia once I use Awaken Potential and Defence Boost on her.

As for withdrawing downed members, 1 had the harshest penalty: they die permanently. Still, you can withdraw 1 downed member using the Medic Request order.
Old 2011-04-30, 04:41   Link #975
jwai

Quote:
@jwai: Correction: you can no longer charge headlong in VC3, even shocks. In VC1 story missions, I always charge Alicia once I use Awaken Potential and Defence Boost on her.
Yeah, I know, but it was a bit of a shock going back to VC1 and suddenly realising that you take heaps of damage.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 02:17   Link #976
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

So damn, I couldn't be more late to this group, could I? I recently bought a PS3 to expand my line of JRPG games from the XBOX, and I wanted to start here. From the get go I loved the unique watercolour art style and the gameplay mix of real-time shooter and turn based strategy was an instant win for me.

Stuff that I like about this game is that your classes level up instead of your characters. In games like Fire Emblem where people can actually die forever, it was a pain to protect the characters you liked, since they all had a decent length backing story to them, losing them was often unbearable- I restarted so many chapters because I lost one character. Here, it's still bad when you lose someone, but you can replace them a lot easier. Also, it only uses EXP and money. A couple things to remember about the game but nothing overcomplicated; it's just the way I love my games.

So yeah, I'm still playing through this thing, but I just wanted to say it's quite enjoyable.
Old 2011-10-01, 04:43   Link #977
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Good to see another new player, mate!

I'll be running through it again in the near future - just need to finish Wild Arms 5 - and starting from the ground up.

If you have any questions or need any strategies let us know and I'd be happy to help.

Old 2011-11-11, 10:59   Link #978
Velsy

I finally got the game. After EB telling me the game is discontinued and they don't sell it anymore unless its a preowned. So I walked over to JB-HiFi and they had it, +plus alot cheaper than I thought it would be. Since I've been on holidays at my aunties place, I played it on her ps3 for a bit... Now that I am home, I dont own a ps3 :'( and I would borrow a friends, but hes really into his battlefield 3 right now, so I know it wont be possible for a bit D:

Being a fallout tactics fan and intererested in the turn base combat games. This game has pretty much met my expectations and I've liked it so far. I only really got as far as finishing the desert mission. Theres only a few minor things which I havent been particually that fond with.

The main one is, Having reinforcements is actually a good thing.. however when someone gets carted off by the medic, then next turn can be reinforced like nothing even happened... feels wrong. They shouldnt be able to re-join the mission because they should be on life-support or so. Reinforcements should only be the reserves waiting to go on, or people who have be retreated off the field.

I dont really know what to say about the leveling being class linked. Good and bad maybe. Means other people don't fall behind in level, but then you can't really focus on specific charactes and make them better. Like for example, Alicia is my favourit from the anime, and well if I could make her a hyrid between scout and shocktroop, or focus her level higher than the others (Its like to say in fallout tactics you play a main character which is your priority focus over the others who join). But I still am new, so I will have to play with it more to get a better feel for it. Alicia will always be on my starting lineup nether the less <3

One thing I have to ask, I don't quite understand the *Likes* trait. I can only assume they fight better if they are standing next to that person ? Doesn't really explain it in the manual, but tells it off as a good thing.

I like the vast amoung of characters you can select for your team, apart from Alicia, I've made more favourits from Jane (imperial hater), Hector (former captian of a town watch) and Vyse (People with eye patches are bada$$'s, you know they're going to be fully sick!)

I haven't really read this thread because I don't want to read spoilers, but if I can get a ps3, I would like to play more >< I hoping the ending of the game, wont be as dissapointing as the ending in the anime. So I look forward to that with hope.

Last edited by Velsy; 2011-11-11 at 11:17.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 20:13   Link #979
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I dont really know what to say about the leveling being class linked. Good and bad maybe. Means other people don't fall behind in level, but then you can't really focus on specific charactes and make them better. Like for example, Alicia is my favourit from the anime, and well if I could make her a hyrid between scout and shocktroop, or focus her level higher than the others (Its like to say in fallout tactics you play a main character which is your priority focus over the others who join). But I still am new, so I will have to play with it more to get a better feel for it. Alicia will always be on my starting lineup nether the less <3
Alicia is God. Sorta like Orlandu in Final Fantasy Tactics. Soloing with her is quite possible.

Quote:
One thing I have to ask, I don't quite understand the *Likes* trait. I can only assume they fight better if they are standing next to that person ? Doesn't really explain it in the manual, but tells it off as a good thing.
If characters Like each other, they do more damage on support fire, and have special quotes for that and getting the Medic for them. I think that's it...

Quote:
I like the vast amoung of characters you can select for your team, apart from Alicia, I've made more favourits from Jane (imperial hater), Hector (former captian of a town watch) and Vyse (People with eye patches are bada$$'s, you know they're going to be fully sick!)
Wait, you didn't pick Vyse due to Skies of Arcadia?

Quote:
I haven't really read this thread because I don't want to read spoilers, but if I can get a ps3, I would like to play more >< I hoping the ending of the game, wont be as dissapointing as the ending in the anime. So I look forward to that with hope.
Most game players hated the anime, FWIW. I dropped it a few episodes in. I loved the game's story all the way through, though.
Old 2011-11-19, 01:03   Link #980
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Alicia is God. Sorta like Orlandu in Final Fantasy Tactics. Soloing with her is quite possible.
I dont know much about final fantasy, but I think I understand what you mean.

Quote:
Wait, you didn't pick Vyse due to Skies of Arcadia?
No idea what that is, but I just wiki'd it. I've never played dreamcast or gamecube. Vyse is a pirate?! nooooooooes D: . I not fond of pirates :/

Last edited by Velsy; 2011-11-19 at 01:15.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote