AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-11, 18:12   Link #2381
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
But still, are there any other shades of black though? I can only think of dark gray.
If you're still interested in this question, I found a program that can provide answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Some avatar's have some rather broken abilities in early levels, like Silver Crow's Aviation or Lime Bell's Citron Call. If their avatar wasn't born with an equally great ability, their chances of reaching lv.2 is slim. If everyone uses IS attacks with the ISS-kit, battles against avatars with special characteristics would be much more even.

That's what MS is trying to achieve I believe.
She might believe that, but she'd be wrong.

"Equal level, equal potential". Kuroyukihime said that right at the very beginning.

We STILL don't know what special attack Cyan Pile started out with when he was Level 1, and we might never know. But that's not the fault of the system or Brain Burst's designer -- it's the fault of the author.

It's the author who decides what powers a Duel Avatar gets, and Cyan Pile is currently short on two special attacks -- the one he started with and the one he bought at Level 3.

Worse, if there's ever a situation where Spiral Gravity Driver would work great, it either happens completely offscreen or the author forgets that Takumu has that power.

So out of five special attacks, Cyan Pile effectively only has two, because those are the only two the author ever uses.

Even setting aside the mystery of Cyan Pile's original special attack, Pile isn't exactly helpless against Silver Crow. He's bigger, stronger, tougher, and has a mid-range melee weapon.

Silver Crow can try to use sky-diving attacks, but so long as Takumu isn't clouded with rage (like in their first match), he can calmly prepare. All he has to do is wait; rather than try to shoot Silver Crow from far away, wait until Crow is too close to dodge and THEN shoot.

Also, avoid wide-open areas. If possible, attack ferociously before Silver Crow can build up enough SP to fly. Challenge Silver Crow to battles inside buildings, where he doesn't have the room to really fly.

If Takumu plays to Cyan Pile's strengths (like in the first half of their first battle), Silver Crow doesn't have a chance in hell of winning.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-14 at 23:48. Reason: merge double post
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 22:13   Link #2382
Optimura
Teal Vanguard

IMO, given how Takumu stated that he blew all his level up bonus on special attacks, and how we know that levelling up without spending a level up bonus does not give significant bonuses to attack, defense, nor HP, I think it'd be safe to assume that his Pile Driver's stinging attack is his initial ability ever since level 1. And let's not forget how it easily ripped through Silver Crow's limbs, inflicting massive amounts of damage (30% on a single attack).

From this it can be deduced that if Takumu had stopped to properly invest his level up bonus, he could have become a great close range damage dealer as opposed to an all rounder tank.
Optimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 22:27   Link #2383
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by garf02 View Post
I won't bother translating it directly, but I'll summarise the essential points. A story about the real world before and after the 29th June 2047 territory match, about Kakei Mihaya (Blood Leopard). She asked for help from her aunt, a pastry chef, to achieve her parents' dream of opening a cake shop. Then she got BB copy-installed from that aunt's daughter (her cousin), Himi Akira.

It focuses on Mihaya in the territory match and Niko's gentle side. Also mentions the reason why she joined a legion different from Akira, went for the red legion that was still in chaos after losing its leader and the reason behind her colour, "blood". The second paragraph's an extract from the book.
That sounds like Blood Leopard chose to join Prominence after Red Rider died, but that doesn't seem possible. She would have already been Level 6 by that point, since she stopped leveling up after Aqua Current got trapped by Seiryu.

If the Level 6 Pard wasn't a member of the Red Legion two years ago, then who was she fighting alongside when she battled the Black Legion's Sky Raker?

An independent has no reason to fight territory battles.

She could have been a member of a smaller legion, but it doesn't seem likely that she would refuse to join her Parent's major legion in order to join a minor one.

Also, could you please explain the given reason why her color is "Blood"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimura View Post
IMO, given how Takumu stated that he blew all his level up bonus on special attacks, and how we know that levelling up without spending a level up bonus does not give significant bonuses to attack, defense, nor HP, I think it'd be safe to assume that his Pile Driver's stinging attack is his initial ability ever since level 1. And let's not forget how it easily ripped through Silver Crow's limbs, inflicting massive amounts of damage (30% on a single attack).

From this it can be deduced that if Takumu had stopped to properly invest his level up bonus, he could have become a great close range damage dealer as opposed to an all rounder tank.
It's explicitly explained that the pile-driver's stinging attack is NOT a special attack. It has a cool-down timer between shots, rather than an SP cost. You can fire it immediately once a fight starts, unlike a Special Attack, and you just have to wait until the weapon is ready to fire again, without needing to charge up your Special Gauge.

Haruyuki compares it to the Gale Thruster's cool-down timer, which also was completely seperate from the Special Gauge. A picture illustration of the different kinds of abilities also lists the stinging attack as something completely different from a special attack.

You could make the argument that the stinging attack was "good enough" that Cyan Pile didn't start with any special attack at all, but that doesn't make sense.

It would mean that Cyan Pile would have no way to use his Special Gauge, since he'd have no ability which is fueled by it. That's a huge advantage to lose out on.

Further, even Silver Crow with his amazing flight power got a special attack, even if it was the awkward Headbutt.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-07-14 at 11:13.
Old 2013-07-14, 03:03   Link #2384
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
It's the author who decides what powers a Duel Avatar gets, and Cyan Pile is currently short on two special attacks -- the one he started with and the one he bought at Level 3.

Worse, if there's ever a situation where Spiral Gravity Driver would work great, it either happens completely offscreen or the author forgets that Takumu has that power.

So out of five special attacks, Cyan Pile effectively only has two, because those are the only two the author ever uses.
Umm, Cyan Pile has at most 4 special attacks not 5. He was level 4 at the start of the series and level 4 when Haruyuki reached level two and went looking for advice. So Cyan Pile should still have been level 4 when he stated he spent all his bonuses on special attacks and basically said that had been a bad idea. So he's not going to spend his level 5 bonus on a special attack.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 08:03   Link #2385
Sunder the Gold

Oops.

I wasn't counting the Level 5 bonus, though. I made the mistake of taking his levels and adding +1 (for the initial Special Attack).

When I did the quick math, I forgot to exclude Level 1.

Still, he's missing one Special Attack, and Spiral Gravity Driver never gets used.

This is a good time to mention that I thought FOR SURE the "secret animal" that Utai was bringing to Haruyuki's school would be a pig.

It would have been absolutely hilarious, and probably have helped Haru get over his dislike of the animals.

I was very annoyed to find out by accident on this thread what it really was. Also, I don't know why the author chose an owl.
Old 2013-07-14, 10:27   Link #2386
Optimura
Teal Vanguard

Something I was wondering. Was there ever a Metal Colour Legion, or did I dream that?
Old 2013-07-14, 10:56   Link #2387
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimura View Post
Something I was wondering. Was there ever a Metal Colour Legion, or did I dream that?
Dreamt.

The only Legions known are the seven major legions (one of each pure color, excepting Orange), Supernova Remnant, Petite Pacquet, and the not-a-legion Acceleration Research Society.

Oh, and maybe that group in the spin-off manga, but I don't think they're high enough level for any member to become a legion master, in which case they can't be an official legion.
Old 2013-07-15, 09:55   Link #2388
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

So, I'm going to have lots of free time during my block leave, it seems.

Anyway here's a short list of things I'm up for translating.

-V11.3
-Chinese AW Wiki for Fuuko, Utai, and Edge to round off NN.
-The Farthest Sound of Waves (Dusk Robber Side story)
-V11.4

V11.3 is about 50% done, or maybe 60%. With some speed, I'll be able to complete it by tomorrow, it's that short. As for Fuuko, a half hour spent earlier yielded her RL section, and perhaps by tonight I can complete the section on Sky Raker.

The side story though, will have to be redone from the beginning on my blog. While Lan013 might not have made any progress for months now, it doesn't mean that he's given up on it, so I'm just going to take it as a brand new project on my own, not affiliated to BT. If it's ever listed there, it might be as a contribution then, not the actual project.

Edit: Turns out Lan013 has been doing all the short chapters...Chapters 8, 10, and 12 are done, I don't know when. But with all the Okinawan dialect in the translation, I might as well re do it all.

Chinese AW Wiki Translation
Without further ado, here's the translation for arguably the sexiest girl of AW.
Spoiler for Chinese Wiki Fuuko:

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-07-18 at 19:20. Reason: please edit rather than double-posting
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 11:16   Link #2389
Optimura
Teal Vanguard

Thank you for your hard work as always, Tusjecht, as well as the rest of translators for making it possible for us English speakers to read Accel World, regardless of the pace. Just knowing you guys are working on it is enough.

And yeah, Fuuko and Pard are both strong competitors, but Fuuko is remarkable for having (and quoting Matt from Two Best Friend Play) rack for days...
Old 2013-07-15, 15:42   Link #2390
Sunder the Gold

I'm quite happy to hear you're translating the rest of the Okinawa adventure. The chapters we already had were so informative about Black Lotus' abilities and Crimson Kingbolt's colorful reputation. I hope to learn more about the Mystic Reigns and Item Cards, and the Awakened Mega-Machine.

But as to that wiki entry, here are all the meanings of "Raker" with which I'm familiar. None of them include anything like the idea of someone who watches from above.

After the "Laker" confusion was out of the way, I thought her avatar's name described someone who wanted so badly to touch or reach beyond the sky that they raked their nails across its face.

While we're on the subject of Fuuko, let me see if I have her personal time-line correct:

After the seven Kings reach Level 9 and fall under the Sudden Death rule, Fuuko decides that she's had enough. She's not willing to risk Sudden Death, so she can't reach beyond her current Level 8, which means no more upgrades for her Gale Thruster.

That leaves the Incarnate System as the only possible means of reaching beyond her current limits.

So after the Seven Kings have finished destroying the 5th Chrome Disaster, and before Black Lotus attends the fateful King's Meeting, Raker buys her wheelcahir.

She then confronts Lotus and verbally abuses her king until she agrees to cut off her legs such that they don't ever grow back. Presumably with an IS-effect from Lotus that eventually became sustained by Raker's own imagination.

A part of Raker's emotional manipulation may have even included a declaration that she intended to leave Nega Nebulus one way or the other, to become an Accelerated World hermit that practiced nothing but Incarnation.

Fuuko later worries that her abuse and manipulation contributed to Kuroyukihime's decision to kill Red Rider and declare war on all the surviving Kings. Or perhaps contributed to how well White Cosmos was able to manipulate and trick Lotus.

After the disastrous meeting, Sky Raker is present and in agreement with the other Elements when they reject Black Lotus' plans to give them her Burst Points and go into hiding.

Even though she is wheelchair bound (pushed by Aqua Current) and intending to leave the Black Legion later, Sky Raker travels with them to the Forbidden Castle and pairs up with Black Lotus to challenge the White Tiger God, Byakko of the Western Gate.

They are horribly outmatched, and it is thanks only to Raker's Gale Thruster that the two of them manage to escape Endless Kill Mode.

Sometime after that, Fuuko and Kuroyukihime part ways in real life and do not meet again in the Accelerated World for (two / two-thousand) years.
Old 2013-07-15, 22:41   Link #2391
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I'm quite happy to hear you're translating the rest of the Okinawa adventure. The chapters we already had were so informative about Black Lotus' abilities and Crimson Kingbolt's colorful reputation. I hope to learn more about the Mystic Reigns and Item Cards, and the Awakened Mega-Machine.

But as to that wiki entry, here are all the meanings of "Raker" with which I'm familiar. None of them include anything like the idea of someone who watches from above.

After the "Laker" confusion was out of the way, I thought her avatar's name described someone who wanted so badly to touch or reach beyond the sky that they raked their nails across its face.

While we're on the subject of Fuuko, let me see if I have her personal time-line correct:

After the seven Kings reach Level 9 and fall under the Sudden Death rule, Fuuko decides that she's had enough. She's not willing to risk Sudden Death, so she can't reach beyond her current Level 8, which means no more upgrades for her Gale Thruster.

That leaves the Incarnate System as the only possible means of reaching beyond her current limits.

So after the Seven Kings have finished destroying the 5th Chrome Disaster, and before Black Lotus attends the fateful King's Meeting, Raker buys her wheelcahir.

She then confronts Lotus and verbally abuses her king until she agrees to cut off her legs such that they don't ever grow back. Presumably with an IS-effect from Lotus that eventually became sustained by Raker's own imagination.

A part of Raker's emotional manipulation may have even included a declaration that she intended to leave Nega Nebulus one way or the other, to become an Accelerated World hermit that practiced nothing but Incarnation.

Fuuko later worries that her abuse and manipulation contributed to Kuroyukihime's decision to kill Red Rider and declare war on all the surviving Kings. Or perhaps contributed to how well White Cosmos was able to manipulate and trick Lotus.

After the disastrous meeting, Sky Raker is present and in agreement with the other Elements when they reject Black Lotus' plans to give them her Burst Points and go into hiding.

Even though she is wheelchair bound (pushed by Aqua Current) and intending to leave the Black Legion later, Sky Raker travels with them to the Forbidden Castle and pairs up with Black Lotus to challenge the White Tiger God, Byakko of the Western Gate.

They are horribly outmatched, and it is thanks only to Raker's Gale Thruster that the two of them manage to escape Endless Kill Mode.

Sometime after that, Fuuko and Kuroyukihime part ways in real life and do not meet again in the Accelerated World for (two / two-thousand) years.
That should be about right.

Thanks for the translation, Tusjecht.
Old 2013-07-16, 20:20   Link #2392
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Baka Tsuki Update

V11.3 is out! An unbelievably long time was spent translating this short chapter.
Spoiler for Reaction:
Old 2013-07-16, 20:30   Link #2393
Sunder the Gold

I've skipped ahead a few books, but I'm not ready to read that far ahead. If only the stories would be completed in chronologic order~!

Checking in on the unfinished Okinawan story, am I correct in interpreting this?

That the Research Society had someone create a <<Child>> for the purpose of stealing their Nuero-Linker and sending it all the way to Okinawa just to serve as someone else's remote-diving platform?

I knew they were cold bastards, but preying on their own <<Children>> is a new low.
Old 2013-07-16, 20:36   Link #2394
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I wouldn't put it past them to do such a thing. Frankly, Lan013's translations could use some editing, but I'd rather have the raws on hand to check first. Hence a retranslation.

As for 'Raker,' I was rereading V3.10, and the author clearly put his interpretation as 'Someone who overlooks.' So probably it could be another goof'd on his part, or the romanisation is in question.

Now for an updated list of things I'm looking forward to translate:

-V11.4
-Chinese Wiki for Utai, Edge
-The Farthest Sound of Waves
-V3.10

The grammar for the last two leaves something to be desired for my part. I'll probably host them on my blog and post updates here.

Edit: Originally posted by me, 19-07-2013, 0816(GMT +8)

Not a particularly important update, but:

I revived my Twitter account from my chuunibyou phase, and gave it a facelift, a name change, and generally an update. For those of you who don't check BT or AS so often, you can also opt to get updates from my twitter.

Expect random anime/vocaloid pictures as well. Just follow.

I posted the edit here in case relentlessflame decides I've double-posted another time too many. :x

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-07-18 at 19:22. Reason: Editing > double posting
Old 2013-07-20, 03:05   Link #2395
akonx

it is true that haru falls into a coma?and Kuroyukihime kisses him while sleeping
akonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 06:21   Link #2396
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I don't think 'falling into a coma' is what you're describing...are you referring to the failed rescue of Maiden, and then he got stuck in BB?

And KYH doesn't actually kiss him, but let's see what you're referring to first.
Old 2013-07-20, 11:59   Link #2397
akonx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
I don't think 'falling into a coma' is what you're describing...are you referring to the failed rescue of Maiden, and then he got stuck in BB?

And KYH doesn't actually kiss him, but let's see what you're referring to first.
I read in a another forum ! haru falls in coma by the uncontrolled power of the disaster armor in volumen 8! and when he is
unconscious KYH cries and kiss him and he wakes up
akonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 02:45   Link #2398
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

...I think that was just a troll.

That said, I think a summary of V8 is long overdue. See my signature for summaries of V5, 6, and 7.
Old 2013-07-23, 05:05   Link #2399
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

The translation of Volume 7 Chapter 1 is done as well as the new chapter of dural magisa.

*goes off reading*
Old 2013-07-23, 06:49   Link #2400
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Hmm. Should have seen that update, but I somehow didn't get it...

Reading it in English and Chinese still has the same effect on me. The story of Blossom and Falcon is heart-renderingly sad.

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality