AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-02, 12:43   Link #141
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
There are so many characters that I'm growing to love, but Rina, Haruka, Mai, and Nonoka have peeked my interest.
Yeah, I know that feel. The first time I played the game, I had really low expectation and didn't think I'm going to like all the heroines, yet now I do like all of them, even the low self-esteem Misumi Tomoe who I kinda dislike at first

My least favorite though, is Nonoka. I don't really know why but I just can't enjoy playing her route as much as other routes. And it's kinda weird how on Your Eyes Only there was one chapter to introduce Nonoka even though YOE focuses on Haruka, Aki, and Mai Maybe Nylon will make some change where she will appear again later since originally she didn't has major role on either three focused heroines route.
Old 2012-07-02, 14:07   Link #142
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
So it's totally like one of those heroines/side characters that hardly hold any relevance to the plot/routes whatsoever. I don't know, I happen to find Nonoka to be a tease, I can't say for sure much considering that I've seen her in chapter 2 of YEO, and the specials in Sweet Snap (her in those bloomers and the poses..."nosebleeds).

Anyway, my feelings regarding the heroine will probably change since YEO is currently being scanlated, I think... and Sweet Snap judging from what I read from your posts and others will be reaching an conclusion soon. This has got me interested in playing the games. I hardly play VN's but this one looks right up my alley.
Old 2012-07-04, 12:03   Link #143
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

This hasn't been listed on the official web yet, but some online shops have open a pre-order for yet another anthology manga of Photo Kano, with the title 'Photo Kano - Omnibus Album' slated for 25th
https://www.mangaoh.co.jp/catalog/288947/

And found a teaser image for Rina's chapter from Your Eyes Only...
Spoiler for NSFW:

Quote:
So it's totally like one of those heroines/side characters that hardly hold any relevance to the plot/routes whatsoever. I don't know, I happen to find Nonoka to be a tease, I can't say for sure much considering that I've seen her in chapter 2 of YEO, and the specials in Sweet Snap (her in those bloomers and the poses..."nosebleeds).
Yep. But then again on most case other heroines don't have any important role relevant to main plot of a heroine route. They only appear or mentioned on daily events unrelated to main plot, for example Mai's hanging out on tennis court with Haruka.

In fact, as far as I remember, only Haruka who have important role as catalyst on Nonoka route's main plot, and Aki at lesser extent on Momoko's.

Quote:
I hardly play VN's but this one looks right up my alley.
I rarely play love sim game myself, other than anime-based VNs like OreImo, PapaKiki, and Haganai which are different kind of VN. In fact I only played Love Plus which is also slightly different, so I don't really have good comparison/benchmark to be able to recommend it to other people, but still, at least I enjoy Photo Kano a lot.
Old 2012-07-04, 13:49   Link #144
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

So another manga issue of Photo Kano is going to get released, wow can't wait to see what it'll be about. From what I recall you've posted there will be one that focuses on Hikari Sanehara, the Ai Nanasaki look alike but is more quiet and less deredere...I think.

I've seen the raw for the Rina chapter and it really cute. She's quite a handful that one... Can't wait for another issue of her soon.

Yeah I know. When a heroine has her one specific route it's a plausible point to make the other heroines add more substance to each of their said routes, and move it in unique and interesting directions. I guess some have more relevance and uses than others as you so distinctly put it.

Really PapaKiki had it own game? Since when? I'm sure it wasn't has climatic has the Oreimo and BokuTomo games were. I've seen the anime and read a bit of the novels/manga but never have I realized that it had a game. Interesting, I'm so engrossed with console games not to notice such things... wow, you really do learn something new about a series everyday.
Old 2012-07-04, 22:06   Link #145
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
So another manga issue of Photo Kano is going to get released, wow can't wait to see what it'll be about. From what I recall you've posted there will be one that focuses on Hikari Sanehara, the Ai Nanasaki look alike but is more quiet and less deredere...I think.
Based on the description on the online shop, the upcoming PK-Omnibus Album is an anthology. So it's a compilation of original mini stories like those extra chapters on Sweet Snap.

Yeah, the two mangas of Hikari Sanehara should've been released already. I've posted the link for web-comic of Love Album on previous page while I haven't found the RAW for Happy Album yet so I can't write the summary of it...

I found the sample pages of the MagiCu 4koma manga though...

And some sketches...

Quote:
I've seen the raw for the Rina chapter and it really cute. She's quite a handful that one... Can't wait for another issue of her soon.
Oh you've found the RAW? I haven't found it yet XD
But I heard that version of YOE is a one-shot omnibus? If that's the case the next chapter will move to another heroine then

Quote:
Really PapaKiki had it own game? Since when? I'm sure it wasn't has climatic has the Oreimo and BokuTomo games were. I've seen the anime and read a bit of the novels/manga but never have I realized that it had a game. Interesting, I'm so engrossed with console games not to notice such things... wow, you really do learn something new about a series everyday.
Yep, PapaKiki had its PSP game released back then on April. Probably since it doesn't have its own sub-forum so only few active members here know it has its own game. I remember I've posted its PV on the anime thread though.

And I've written the summaries for Sora, Miu, Hina, and Raika route if you interested:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=755
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=762
Old 2012-07-04, 23:01   Link #146
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

So, they're little fun filler story that holds no relevance and meeting to the plot/main story. I really like them so I'm really content with this idea and especially the 4koma you've posted. Thanks for sharing! I skimped through the Hikari route/focus story raw chapter and it looks really great. Can't wait to see where this goes because YEO and Sweet Snap is picking up nicely in my opinion.

The character sketch looks colorful and neat. Aki being a tease...weird considering that Maeda sure has ways of "bribing" her into doing what he wants. She has been getting a big dose of ecchi moments in the raws and specials I've seen. Is she a popular character? She look like it...

Yeah, the Rina special chapter raw was released today or yesterday, I don't remember. Really nice chapter in my opinion, and I'm coming to like her more, hope she gets another appearance soon.

as for the PapaKiki game It's kind of one of things that slip under the radar. It looks interesting and I'll be sure to take a look. Thanks for sharing!
Old 2012-07-06, 23:05   Link #147
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

I read your PapaKiki scenarios, they're amazing. The Sora route was my favourite and she looked so beautiful and mature in that wedding dress.:love. Hina's route was adorable and cute, it made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, especially the scene with her middle school graduation speech.

Thanks for sharing, and oh yes, chapter 08 of Photo Kano - Sweet Snap has been released. Redeem yourself Maeda, and get your girl.
Old 2012-07-07, 03:26   Link #148
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

You're welcome, I'm happy if my summaries can help others who can't play the game themselves ^^

Aw yeah, Maeda's starting to change. Probably it'll took about 5-7 chapters again to cover the rest of Haruka's main story with this rate. I'm hoping Yuzuki will cover the after school date when Haruka wanted to come to Maeda's house x3
Old 2012-07-07, 06:42   Link #149
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

First couple of pages, you can see a wimp Maeda and then suddenly change and might evolve in the next chapter
Old 2012-07-07, 08:05   Link #150
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
You're welcome, I'm happy if my summaries can help others who can't play the game themselves ^^

Aw yeah, Maeda's starting to change. Probably it'll took about 5-7 chapters again to cover the rest of Haruka's main story with this rate. I'm hoping Yuzuki will cover the after school date when Haruka wanted to come to Maeda's house x3
No problem, I also heard that Toradora had a PSP game. I don't know if you knew that, but it makes me wonder what other anime series got game adaptations and slipped under the radar.

Anyway, so they're still more story to tell after the current released chapter, huh. I hope so because to suddenly end it in the next one will be somewhat anti-climatic considering that we got into the heart of the matter and the guy finally realizing his feelings and also knowing that he was in the wrong in how he approached it this entire time. A house visit, huh...interesting, I hope we get a kiss chapter. I'm a sucker for those kinds of things, so yeah.
Old 2012-07-07, 10:16   Link #151
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Just read Rina chapter from Your Eyes Only special. I thought it'll be like Amagami EX chapters where each heroines already in relationship with Junichi, turned out Maeda just met Rina on this one But Rina is so cute nonetheless, as expected from the wife of school

Though the normal Your Eyes Only is on break this week, probably because of the omnibus one. Luckily Young Animal is biweekly so the wait for the new chapter won't be that long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
First couple of pages, you can see a wimp Maeda and then suddenly change and might evolve in the next chapter
I seriously having hard time imagining Sweet Snap's Maeda gets out of his wimp image I mean from the start, even when he's with Kanon/not in front of Haruka, he looks really...... puny

Quote:
No problem, I also heard that Toradora had a PSP game. I don't know if you knew that, but it makes me wonder what other anime series got game adaptations and slipped under the radar.
I didn't watch/read Toradora, so I didn't know about the PSP game

Quote:
Anyway, so they're still more story to tell after the current released chapter, huh. I hope so because to suddenly end it in the next one will be somewhat anti-climatic considering that we got into the heart of the matter and the guy finally realizing his feelings and also knowing that he was in the wrong in how he approached it this entire time. A house visit, huh...interesting, I hope we get a kiss chapter. I'm a sucker for those kinds of things, so yeah.
Oh yeah, there's still some more main events after this. Originally there are still 4 main events and an epilogue. But of course we don't know if Yuzuki will cover all of them, add some extra events including the after school date, or maybe even skip some parts to make it shorter.

Kissing event? Of course there will be one Each heroine has it, and if memory serves Haruka has two of it on her story Mai has three, btw xD

For after school event, there are 6 locations/events for each heroine. On Sweet Snap, two of them are already covered by Yuzuki even though it's on one same chapter where they went to karaoke and then to the park (where Haruka asked Maeda to push her butt so she could fit into the bear), originally those events are separated. Other after school date events for Haruka are book store, photo booth on game center, nowhere (this is slightly after the soccer dude confession event so even when she agreed to come home together things are awkward between them), and Maeda's house I mentioned before.
Old 2012-07-07, 10:40   Link #152
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Haha I liked that Haruka was abit of a drama queen when she was younger, it's adorable

You know getting artists with backgrounds with certain prevous works you end up thinking a few things.
Like for instance I still have the thought that by the end of it all I expect Kanon to NTR her brother away from Haruka after they get together
Old 2012-07-07, 12:10   Link #153
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Spoiler for Saving Space:

Yeah, I found Rina's chapter to be really cute, just like the character herself. It's strange that he just met her considering from what I've read, they know each other somewhat. I hope to see more of her, but as a heroine in the main/ or own story.

You didn't watch Toradora? Most people on here from what I've found have...weird. I guess it depends on preferences, oh well.

Nice! I can't wait to see it, and many people are starting to forget about his screw up last chapter, I hope he doesn't do it again this time. I wonder how Yuzuki will implement it in the upcoming chapters considering that Maeda realize his feelings and Haruka waiting for him to say them the entire time. Can't wait to see the house invitation scenario, it seems today that many romance series seem to enjoy cockblocking the readers these days, it could be just me, I don't know.
Old 2012-07-07, 22:44   Link #154
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Nylon also write short chapter about the Photo Kano web radio months ago. Mariya Ise (Kanon's CV) and Hisako Kanemoto (Mai's CV), Nylon style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
You know getting artists with backgrounds with certain prevous works you end up thinking a few things.
Like for instance I still have the thought that by the end of it all I expect Kanon to NTR her brother away from Haruka after they get together
LOL XD Since this is originally a love simulation game with multiple heroines, that turn of event can (sort of) happen on the game you know. You can go to Haruka route until this part (or anytime) and go to other heroine route XD

Especially on Nonoka route, there are an event where Nonoka sew his loose button or something, and after that Maeda went out from the class. Nonoka then met Haruka, things got awkward between the two girls but Haruka sort of congratulate Nonoka

Quote:
It's strange that he just met her considering from what I've read, they know each other somewhat. I hope to see more of her, but as a heroine in the main/ or own story.
The girls Maeda know before the series starts are Kanon (well duh XD), Haruka (childhood friend), and Nonoka (went to the same middle school and became close friend).

Originally on the game, Maeda first met Rina on the hallway when Maeda heard Rina asked for help when the oranges she brought fell. And actually, the part where Rina almost falls trying to hold boxes like the beginning on her Your Eyes Only was her epilogue scene on the game ^^

Quote:
You didn't watch Toradora? Most people on here from what I've found have...weird. I guess it depends on preferences, oh well.
Until about 3 years ago, the kind of anime I usually watch are super robot/mecha anime But then again after I begin to watch more slice of life, comedy, love romance types, I never actively join online board or follow anime news so there's many titles I missed
Old 2012-07-08, 02:28   Link #155
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Haha I liked that Haruka was abit of a drama queen when she was younger, it's adorable

Hey, that's not fair... Yuzuki N' has been doing a lot of vanilla h-manga now too.
Old 2012-07-08, 07:39   Link #156
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
LOL XD Since this is originally a love simulation game with multiple heroines, that turn of event can (sort of) happen on the game you know. You can go to Haruka route until this part (or anytime) and go to other heroine route XD

Especially on Nonoka route, there are an event where Nonoka sew his loose button or something, and after that Maeda went out from the class. Nonoka then met Haruka, things got awkward between the two girls but Haruka sort of congratulate Nonoka
lol I'm now reminded that happens to Kirino in OreImouto when she's playing her eroge
So not entirely impossible
Wouldn't mind seeing it as the girls trying to NTR the guy away from the other girls, a kinda battle royale, you don't get that very often but then it's alot harder to get it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Hey, that's not fair... Yuzuki N' has been doing a lot of vanilla h-manga now too.
Well not saying it's bad thing cause I love Yuzuki's work even the NTR stuff(probably the only NTR I actually didn't mind) I just love her art style.
Just that a certain series just happens to stick out abit more cause of the fact I didn't mind it as much as I thought I would.
But do love her vanilla stuff, infact one of her works is an all time fav
Old 2012-07-08, 13:19   Link #157
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Nylon also write short chapter about the Photo Kano web radio months ago. Mariya Ise (Kanon's CV) and Hisako Kanemoto (Mai's CV), Nylon style

How many short stories does this series have...? Not that I'm complaining, but with Hikari, YEO, and SS stories, I wonder what's next, I hope it'll be a Rina or Nonoka focus.

So routes in this game are more "situational" or does it follow the same flow as other galgames? That's the impression that I'm getting, and the Nonoka route, to me, will look like a blast to play. Especially the "confrontation" between them...

It's funny how the heroine formula, Kano, Haruka, and Nonoka are kind of nod for Mia, Rihoko, and Karou from Amagami respectively.

The Rina's route epilogue seems anti-climatic judging by what you've written. Is there at least a kiss scene between her and Maeda to compensate for that?

It's fine, I didn't get into romance anime myself until 2 year ago since I was focusing on Bleach, Fullmetal, and other dark anime with long stories. You're not missing out on anything really, at least to me.
Old 2012-07-08, 20:18   Link #158
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Wouldn't mind seeing it as the girls trying to NTR the guy away from the other girls, a kinda battle royale, you don't get that very often but then it's alot harder to get it work.
That seems fun but since originally Photo Kano didn't have harem route/end, we can only hope someone will do it on doujinshi or an anthology comic ^^

Quote:
How many short stories does this series have...? Not that I'm complaining, but with Hikari, YEO, and SS stories, I wonder what's next, I hope it'll be a Rina or Nonoka focus.
If by short stories you mean the chapters included on the anthology comics, I don't know how much there are. But if you mean the number of manga adaptation that focusing on main story (of one/more girls), there are:
- Sweet Snap = Haruka L route
- Your Eyes Only (main) = Haruka, Aki, and Mai H route
- Your Eyes Only (omnibus) = H route too for every focused girls
- Memorial Picture = Momoko route
- Love Album = Hikari L route
- Happy Album = Hikari H route

Note: L is Love route (Maeda joins Photo Club) and H is Happy route (Maeda joins Photography Club). Momoko (and two other hidden heroines) only have 1 route no matter which club Maeda joins.

Quote:
So routes in this game are more "situational" or does it follow the same flow as other galgames? That's the impression that I'm getting, and the Nonoka route, to me, will look like a blast to play. Especially the "confrontation" between them...

It's funny how the heroine formula, Kano, Haruka, and Nonoka are kind of nod for Mia, Rihoko, and Karou from Amagami respectively.
Basically in the game you have to gain affection with the girl by talking to them, showing them a good picture you took, after school date if you can do it, or choose the right option on some events. Once it's full you can access the main event that will raise the relationship level, and repeat gaining affection again until relationship level is maxed to invite the girl to school festival.

And we're free to switch the girl anytime we want. Even when we're maxed one girl relationship level, we can still try to raising another girl's so far as the deadline time isn't met yet(deadline is 2 months, but once we maxed one girl, a choice to immediately skip to school festival will be available).

And yes, after watched Amagami (I played PK first before watched Amagami), some of the characters are kinda alike

Quote:
The Rina's route epilogue seems anti-climatic judging by what you've written. Is there at least a kiss scene between her and Maeda to compensate for that?
Most epilogues on PK is, unfortunately, anti-climatic The kissing climax scene (all the girls have this scene, even those 2 sub-heroines that have their own mini-route) is shortly after school festival ends.

Rina route have good amount of hnnngh moment, don't worry. These are some of the interesting moments I remember from the game; I'll put it behind the spoiler tag
Spoiler for Rina:
Old 2012-07-09, 00:35   Link #159
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:

Bear with me if I ask you this. I don't know if you posted something regarding what I'm about to ask you and if you did, I apologize just bear with me. So there an L(ove) and H(appy) route for each heroine, that I know, but what does it necessarily mean? Is one focused on romance and the other is gaining affections and trust from the heroines...? Or is it two sides of the same coin?

A deadline to raise affection levels...interesting and it looks challenging from a noobie VN player standpoint (ie me). I like challenging scenarios and it seems that you could also go from girl to girl depending on your mood or interests. Does choosing the photography or photo club affect the routes in anyway shape or form? Seems like it since most games that are based on decisions do this often.

Anti-climatic features in romance really just kills the aspect of the genre, at least to me. Rina's arc looks really cute and she strikes me as a nervous wreck who gets worked up easily, but in a shy sense, makes sense because of her character. Why was the kiss scene initiated? Did one of them make the move or was it done in a situation that set the tone for that moment, ie confession under a sunset or walking home at together at night etc.

Thanks for the Rina summary, I really enjoyed it and I'm really liking her character more. Can't wait for a new chapter of her.
Old 2012-07-09, 03:37   Link #160
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Bear with me if I ask you this. I don't know if you posted something regarding what I'm about to ask you and if you did, I apologize just bear with me. So there an L(ove) and H(appy) route for each heroine, that I know, but what does it necessarily mean? Is one focused on romance and the other is gaining affections and trust from the heroines...? Or is it two sides of the same coin?
It's more of the latter. Either on L or H route, there's only one same good end on which Maeda finally gets in relationship with the girl, but the overall atmosphere of the route and how Maeda's approaching to the girl are different. I'm bad at explaining so I'll use example.
Spoiler for For example on Haruka story:

So yeah, basically it's like that for other girl's story too. L route takes more personal/close approach with the girl while H route more or less the same but it's feels lighter since it's filled/handled with comedy that in the end leads to the same ending, Maeda finally gets a girlfriend.

Quote:
A deadline to raise affection levels...interesting and it looks challenging from a noobie VN player standpoint (ie me). I like challenging scenarios and it seems that you could also go from girl to girl depending on your mood or interests.
Why it's challenging (and at some point frustrating) is you don't know which girl will show up when you choose a location. So even if, say you're aiming for Nonoka, and you think she will be at school's field on the afternoon (since she's on baseball club), sometimes other girl will appear instead so you waste one opportunity, of course unless you saved beforehand and then you load the game.

Other challenge are choosing which topic to talk with the girl that can increase her affection level. A topic can result with heart icon or note icon, too many note icon will resulting the girl dropped into the friend zone, yet the relationship level will keep increase. Too long the girl stays in the friend zone, you won't be able to invite her to the school's festival which is the finish line of the game.

There's a development progress you can see each night. For illustration, this is mine when I first play the game and on the deadline day.
Spoiler for screencap:

Quote:
Does choosing the photography or photo club affect the routes in anyway shape or form? Seems like it since most games that are based on decisions do this often.
Yes, choosing Photo Club will make you go to L route and Photography Club will make you go to H route. L route makes you easier to gain a heart icon on daily event, like when you greet a girl in the morning; while H route makes you easier to gain note icon. So I guess that makes H route some sort of hard mode for this game

Other choice that appears during the event sometimes don't mean anything (only give different line, for example the choice of nick name for Rina I posted before) but sometimes it can give you more heart or note icon.

Quote:
Anti-climatic features in romance really just kills the aspect of the genre, at least to me. Rina's arc looks really cute and she strikes me as a nervous wreck who gets worked up easily, but in a shy sense, makes sense because of her character. Why was the kiss scene initiated? Did one of them make the move or was it done in a situation that set the tone for that moment, ie confession under a sunset or walking home at together at night etc.
It's like Amagami anime. The climax happens just before the story really ends while the epilogue show the future of them that usually anti-climatic. Takes Ai route for example, the climax was when she's confessing to Junichi on the hotspring, wasn't it? While the epilogue with them on the beach feels more anti-climatic to show their future that they were finally together and happy.

It's kinda like that for Rina, and most of PK heroines, too. Best if I just put it behind spoiler tag.
Spoiler for PK climax scene: