AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-09-22, 18:31   Link #7161
Samari
World's Greatest

Yup. We got blasted by the Colts in our own house! It's gut check time. Almost time to panic. We'll see what the team does against the Rams on Thursday. I'm not that concerned because there is a lot of football left and it's a long season, but several things need to improve, most notably Colin's play and Greg Roman's playcalling. Our defense hasn't been that bad, but they can't stay on the field forever when the offense isn't getting anything done.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 19:04   Link #7162
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Yup. We got blasted by the Colts in our own house! It's gut check time. Almost time to panic. We'll see what the team does against the Rams on Thursday. I'm not that concerned because there is a lot of football left and it's a long season, but several things need to improve, most notably Colin's play and Greg Roman's playcalling. Our defense hasn't been that bad, but they can't stay on the field forever when the offense isn't getting anything done.
If they lose to the Rams, then it is panic time. Though the 49ers are a great team and a playoff team. If the Giants showed us anything, you don't need the best season to become Superbowl champions.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 19:13   Link #7163
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Wow, Falcons get heartstomped, Saints dominate, 49ners get dominated like its a toddler beatdown, and the Female Titan gets cracked in the face...

GOODWEEKEND,...

GEAUUUUUUUUX YA KNOW...
Old 2013-09-22, 19:25   Link #7164
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Wow, Falcons get heartstomped, Saints dominate, 49ners get dominated like its a toddler beatdown, and the Female Titan gets cracked in the face...

GOODWEEKEND,...

GEAUUUUUUUUX YA KNOW...
What about the Giants, they literally got steamrolled by the Panthers. 38-0. At least the Jaguars put a little bit of a fight at the end. Though Cecil Shorts was the only one contributing with a small bit from Henne though his success is from Cecil. Jaguars really miss Mercedes Lewis and Justin Blackmon. There are not weapons in the middle.
Old 2013-09-22, 19:46   Link #7165
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
If they lose to the Rams, then it is panic time. Though the 49ers are a great team and a playoff team. If the Giants showed us anything, you don't need the best season to become Superbowl champions.
That and the Ravens. The Packers, Saints, and 49ers are all 1-2 right now.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-09-22, 20:02   Link #7166
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
That and the Ravens. The Packers, Saints, and 49ers are all 1-2 right now.
????? I thought the Saints were 3-0????
Old 2013-09-22, 20:19   Link #7167
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Think he meant Falcons.
Old 2013-09-22, 20:28   Link #7168
Samari
World's Greatest

Yeah the Falcons. My bad. And the Jets are 2-1. The Giants are 0-3 and suffered their worst loss in like 30 or 40 years. Just goes to show you that there is a lot of football left to be played. I'm a little worried about the 49ers, but we'll see what they do against the Rams Thursday. This could make or break the season. The Rams are desperate too after starting 1-2.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-09-22, 20:35   Link #7169
sky black swordman

^ Is this something to worry about for the 49ers:
Quote:
Aldon Smith suspended indefinitely by San Francisco 49ers
And the Pittsburgh Steelers are lossing to the Bears 24 -3.
Old 2013-09-22, 20:36   Link #7170
VTHokiePride

The Giant's are now 0-3. I never expected the Panthers to put up a shutout against them. My Redskins defense is still awful against the pass, but RG3 looked a lot better today than over the past 2 games.
Old 2013-09-22, 21:42   Link #7171
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
The Giant's are now 0-3. I never expected the Panthers to put up a shutout against them. My Redskins defense is still awful against the pass, but RG3 looked a lot better today than over the past 2 games.
A lot of rust on him. I wonder about the story of the Bengals and Packers game, a Bengal went down "low" on a Packer with a punch.
Old 2013-09-22, 22:29   Link #7172
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ Is this something to worry about for the 49ers:
Maybe. He excused himself from the team himself and is taking an indefinite leave of absence. He's admitted he's had a problem. It's time to see what Corey Lemonier can do. He's the rookie OLB that we picked up from Auburn. Looked really promising in the preseason. Then again, so did a lot of the team. Aldon didn't do anything today so whatever. Our entire defense seems like a shell of it's former self. We're missing Chris Culliver who is missing the season with a torn ACL and we lost our nose tackle Ian Williams last week. Even so, the linebackers haven't been making that many plays. And we're getting riddled with penalties. We actually lead the league. As bad as the defense has been, they're still somewhat competent. The offense has looked horrible and arguably the worst in the NFL these past two weeks. I could feel the Colts game slipping away as the defense stopped them a good amount of times and kept the score to 10 points in the first half. The offense just couldn't do shit. We'll be getting Crabtree and Manningham back in the coming months, but by that time it might be too late. Our current receivers can't beat the jam or gain separation to save their lives. So Colin is pressing and trying to do it all himself and forcing bad passes.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-09-22, 22:31   Link #7173
sky black swordman

The Pittsburgh Steelers looked like they were making a comeback against Bears, but that pick six just killed that comeback (40-23).

Edit: It's over. So the Pittsburgh Steelers go to 0 -3 and the Bears improve to 3 -0.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-09-22 at 22:44. Reason: Updating
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 00:20   Link #7174
Samari
World's Greatest

I didn't think the Steelers would be this bad to start the season. They showed a little more backbone this game, but that was after spotting the Bears a huge lead. That team seems like a shell of it's former self. Meanwhile the Bears look pretty good. It's going to be interesting how the NFC North turns out.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-09-23, 05:33   Link #7175
sky black swordman

San Francisco 49ers Frank Gore rips Jim Harbaugh.
Is this going to cause some problems for the 49ers?
Old 2013-09-23, 21:16   Link #7176
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
San Francisco 49ers Frank Gore rips Jim Harbaugh.
Is this going to cause some problems for the 49ers?
Frank Gore is frustrated. I would be too. They deviated from the run when it was clear that it was working. That is the only reason we scored a touchdown. On our only scoring drive we utilizing the run a few times and found success. After that Roman and Harbaugh threw it out the window. It's like they've taken a page out of the Mike Martz bible and decided to just keep passing good or bad. Strange, because we've essentially been a running team the last two seasons. Gore had over 80 yards yesterday on like 11 carries. It was ridiculous how much he was phased out of the offense.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-09-23, 22:13   Link #7177
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Recent news, this brings the weird in.........in the weirdness of...lot of stuff that is weird. Rashad Johnson, Cardinal Safety got injured last game. His finger was torn off............Off goes the Finger

I think the NFL got to start researching new equipment rather than policies to protect their players.
Old 2013-09-24, 02:26   Link #7178
Samari
World's Greatest

Oakland, as predicted, got their asses handed to them. Peyton Manning off to the best start of his career and any other NFL quarterback as far as touchdowns go after three games.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-09-24, 13:08   Link #7179
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

*blinks*

Dallas 2-1
Philly 1-2
G-Men and 'Skins 0-3

lets see how long Dallas stays on top I see us winning against the Chargers...but the following week it's the Broncos...fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 14:37   Link #7180
sky black swordman

^ The chances they beat the Chargers and the Broncos got slimer as Dallas Cowboys DE Anthony Spencer probably done for the season. Reports say he may need microfracture surgery on his left knee.

Tags
american football, sports