AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-05-04, 09:03   Link #881
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Your best friend when you start is the "quick assref.txt" that comes with vobsub 2.23. Once you have an understanding of .ass and how it works, understanding aegis will become much easier. Also there are many scripts online that can show you automation code examples and I have heard there are video tutorials on youtube you prob just have to search for "aegisub tutorial".
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 09:48   Link #882
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by getfresh View Post
Your best friend when you start is the "quick assref.txt" that comes with vobsub 2.23. Once you have an understanding of .ass and how it works, understanding aegis will become much easier. Also there are many scripts online that can show you automation code examples and I have heard there are video tutorials on youtube you prob just have to search for "aegisub tutorial".
http://aegisub.cellosoft.com/docs/ASS_Tags

Please tell me in what way ass-quickref.txt is better than that page, so I can fix it.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 11:26   Link #883
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
http://aegisub.cellosoft.com/docs/ASS_Tags

Please tell me in what way ass-quickref.txt is better than that page, so I can fix it.
cause I have never even looked at that page since I already know the tags . But yes that is prob a better list. I'm only partial to assref cause I learned off it so I understand it at glance. But I will admit that the old ref we hard to grasp for many at first.
Old 2009-05-04, 16:16   Link #884
zhurai-tsuki
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by getfresh View Post
cause I have never even looked at that page since I already know the tags . But yes that is prob a better list. I'm only partial to assref cause I learned off it so I understand it at glance. But I will admit that the old ref we hard to grasp for many at first.
the that page has updated tags/new tags that jfs included with his patches of VSfilter, if I remember correctly...which I somehow don't thing that the assref has? :
zhurai-tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 16:48   Link #885
Kristen
*Author

I use aegisub automation, not lua.

In code lines on top, I defined the function stuff() to be a random number between 0 and 2pi
Then in the actual automation line, I have the particles move from $smiddle+5*math.sin(stuff()), $scenter+5*math.sin(stuff()) to the same thin, just change 5 to 10.

Loop this line about 60 times to get random particles in a circle, and then the effect I want is made. However, the stuff() function randomizes every time it is called.

Is there a way to make it so the stuff() will stay the same for the entire line and change on each iteration? So that on loop=1 it'll be the same for the entire line, and then it'll change for loop=2, loop=3, etc.
Old 2009-05-04, 17:06   Link #886
jfs
Aegisub dev

You'll need a memoising function for that...

code once,whatever_vals = {}, function whatever() if not whatever_vals[line] then whatever_vals[orgline] = {}; end; if not whatever_vals[line][j] then whatever_vals[line][j] = math.random()*2*math.pi(); end; return whatever_vals[line][j]; end;

How it works:
First an empty table is created, outside the function definition so it stays around. Then the function first checks whether there is any sub-table indexed by the input line, so each input line gets its own set of values per iteration. Then those sub-tables per line are indexed by the iteration number. If there is no value for an iteration number, one is created. Then the function returns the stored value for the iteration on the line.
I didn't test it, there might be errors.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 17:09   Link #887
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

One way would be to declare a global variable with the random value you want and define a function that updates it when you so desire (maybe parametrize it on the input line number and keep another variable that keeps track on the line number).

e: jfs already posted a similar solution, probably simpler and cleaner too
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 07:10   Link #888
Deathcaster

Okey so this may sound like a noob question but is it possible to load frame date from a MP3 audio file? (without video)

If this question isn't clear enough i'll explain my situation here.

I was asked to k-time a project for witch i got a audio file + translations, they also told me to scene time it. So thats when i thought that maybe the frame-data was in the audio file itself.
Deathcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 08:33   Link #889
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

why would audio files store video information

(answer: there is no reason to do that, so they don't)

if you have the video on the other hand you can export the keyframe data to a text file and load that in aegisub (both options are available under the video menu)
or just keep the video loaded I guess
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 09:06   Link #890
Deathcaster

Ah k that pretty much awnsers my question, thanks for your anwser.
Deathcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 18:32   Link #891
haddad287

Add effects to opening subs?

I figured out how to do basic karaoke thanks to this guide.
http://www.kasshin.net/karaoke_guide.swf

It just says the text as the lyrics is going in the video. But I want to make it like real fan subs groups. Where whenever each word is said, the word in japanese and english is "lit up" or "bolded" as the person is singing

Quote:
example: regios

at the start, you see this for "brave your truth, and brave yourself"

BRAVE YOUR TRUTH, AND BRAVE YOURSELF

The word "BRAVE" is bolded for the amout of time it takes to say "brave", then it goes to "YOUR" and so on and so on
How do I do thay? I got Virtiual Dub, SSA, and VobSub add-on

can someone please help me? any help is appreciated.
haddad287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 20:13   Link #892
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
That guide is so outdated.

Use Aegisub or if you want to be a masochist, Adobe After Effects.
Old 2009-06-20, 22:42   Link #893
haddad287

ohh really? It seemed though becuase I knew how to use Aegisub and I though you cant kareoke with Aegisub. Is there an updated guide? On how to kareoke with Aegisub?

I know how to add subs with Aegisub, but can you add the kaeroke effects with Aegisub, if you can, how? Can you please tell me?
Old 2009-06-21, 05:23   Link #894
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

First, it's karaoke (thread name?), second:
use search
read this first
then read these threads
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 05:50   Link #895
krazywrath

Alright, well I'm trying to figure out how particles work. I read the guide so I can make the particles themselves! =D

However, I'm not sure why the particles are not at the middle of the syllables. :\
Spoiler for code:

Also, I made this separate from the other "template". Is this recommended? Or should I just merge them together? (because I don't know where to put the {\p1}stuff{\p0} part)
krazywrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 07:15   Link #896
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazywrath View Post
Alright, well I'm trying to figure out how particles work. I read the guide so I can make the particles themselves! =D

However, I'm not sure why the particles are not at the middle of the syllables. :\
Spoiler for code:

Also, I made this separate from the other "template". Is this recommended? Or should I just merge them together? (because I don't know where to put the {\p1}stuff{\p0} part)
The pos should be set to \pos($middle,$center) and if offsets are needed beyond that just add them as needed using math functions.
Old 2009-06-21, 10:14   Link #897
LelouchVII
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazywrath View Post

Spoiler for code:

Write it like this :

{\an2\pos($center,$middle)\alpha&HFF&\p2}m 0 0 b 10 0 10 15 0 15 b -10 15 -10 0 0 0

Though I can't understand why you have set the particles to totaly NOT visible (\alpha&HFF&). Maybe you have confused the way particles work. Use the template modifier "notext".Cause with your current code the letters AND the particles will be showing (well not since you set alpha at HFF...:P)

Last edited by LelouchVII; 2009-06-21 at 11:56.
LelouchVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 11:37   Link #898
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

I personally don't see a point in using draw at all. I'd just use a ".", but thats just me.
Old 2009-06-21, 11:59   Link #899
haddad287

I dont know where to start exactly, I went here and my "Apply karaoke template" is blanked out. And the Aegisub I am using is:

Aegisub v2.6.1 RELEASE PREVIEW (SVN r2494 amz)

is that the correct one? I re-instaled Aegisub and I still cant get the Apply karaoke template to work.
Old 2009-06-21, 12:26   Link #900
LelouchVII
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

You probably doing something wrong while writing templates. Check again and do it carefully. Or you could just upload your .ass file and let us point out what you are doing wrong...
LelouchVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fansubbing, karaoke, software