Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-04, 03:10   Link #501
Iron21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Two things I wonder:
- who will fight Yoo Ji-Gun? Jinnie again? She doesn't seem to think she has a chance. Hyu So-Chun, so we can see if the rumors are true? Shioon?
- how is Shioon going to get out of this? Against Sera? I mean, even if he regains his power, the only attack he knows is the soul crushing strike. Can you picture him punching a girl in the face? With skull crushing strength? But if he doesn't... All he has is his own technique: the Puppy Dog Eyes. While it worked on Jinnie and Healthy Sosul (and he probably perfected it on Saehae before the series started), I don't think Sera's going to be susceptible.
I know what I'm hoping for.

Extremely wishful thinking on my part.

Maybe Shioon puppy dog pout and some talking might buy him some time.
He mans up and accept leadership= more protection
The other two people who was with Jinie in the hospital will show up.
Help from the shadows, Chun pops in, then pops out or other.
Or Shioon gets his powers back miraculously, and do what he normally does with power.

Something needs to happen though, he needs toughening up.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 09:48   Link #502
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Skipping out on the "Shioon isn't fighting" debacle, I'm more concerned how much of an integral part of Shioon's life Jinie is becoming. Now, I've grown to like her quite a bit now, maybe because she's showing concern for Shioon, but I'm worried at how this will affect his relationship with Sosul. Ever since Shioon saved her from Mamungi, I've always considered her "the girl" for Shioon(Saehee is laughable really), even if Shioon thought she was only a kid. But now that Jinie is being a central figure in the story(for now at least) and Sosul being away with the BDF, I hope Sosul will still be able to be a prominent char in Shioon's life and not prioritized by Jinie.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 10:38   Link #503
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well I figure we would just get to see a cute jealous Sosul
Maybe with a pinch of tsun thrown in for good measure.

He is bonding more with Jinnie than he ever did with Sosul at this point but I don't see it pushing aside his relationship with Sosul that came about last series.
Old 2011-01-04, 10:45   Link #504
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I mentioned this before, but for someone like Shiion, any relationship with Sosul will need to start from point zero.

All previous flags triggered, being the 'loli' and 'little sister figure' ones... aren't going to do much good considering Sosul's intended route and ending she wants.

Honestly, I think rather than Goomoonryong, there's a higher chance for older!Sosul to appear and one-up Sera.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 13:16   Link #505
Shadow5YA

Jinie is more affected by Shioon than Shioon is affected by Jinie. We already see her going out of her way to protect Shioon and disobeying her orders to leave him on his last breath begging for mercy. In comparison, Shioon isn't really doing anything different, as he would normally be that kind to anyone.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 14:04   Link #506
DarkLordOfkichiku

On the whole matter of Sosul, Shioon & Jinie...

I agree that Sosul has to start all over, in order to wash away the "kid/little sister"-stamp she has on her in Shioon's eyes. Ah well, at the very least, she has Shioon's promise to take her to an amusement park

As for Jinie and Shioon... They are indeed growing a bit closer, but as Shadow5YA says, it's more a matter of Jinie being affected by Shioon so far. Then again, this is more or less the standard case for Shioon - most people that encounter Shioon are affected by him rather than him by them and this has been the case for some of the "coldest" or "thorny" personalities we've encountered so far, such as Sosul, HyukSoChun, Jinie - and Goomoonryong himself.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 14:36   Link #507
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
(Saehee is laughable really),
She's the unlucky childhood friend. Nothing laughable about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I mentioned this before, but for someone like Shiion, any relationship with Sosul will need to start from point zero.

All previous flags triggered, being the 'loli' and 'little sister figure' ones... aren't going to do much good considering Sosul's intended route and ending she wants.

Honestly, I think rather than Goomoonryong, there's a higher chance for older!Sosul to appear and one-up Sera.
Yeah, that'd be good. Sosul'd be good for it. But they'd have to drag things out quite a bit, because I don't think she was meant to leave for just a few weeks.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 20:41   Link #508
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She's the unlucky childhood friend. Nothing laughable about that.
I don't know if she really qualifies for that troupe, friend. I mean, she's apparently getting VERY friendly with Ji-Gun and on top of that doesn't seem very concered that Shioon has now made a new female friend. Fact is, the only "unluckiness" there is in her case is that she seems to always be targeted because of Shioon
Old 2011-01-04, 20:44   Link #509
Johnny
Working the bags...

She seemed to have lost interest in him from the end of the last one to the start of this one. Maybe it's his way of slowly writing her out of the picture...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 21:11   Link #510
Shadow5YA

Saehee is just clueless. She always has been. Remember in Part I when she thought those bullies were Shioon's friends?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 23:30   Link #511
DarkLordOfkichiku

Chapter 12 is out!:

http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/viewer/10029
Old 2011-01-06, 23:38   Link #512
Johnny
Working the bags...

Thanks for the heads, but another boring chapter with Shioon doing nothing. Guess all the coffee I drank today has me pumped up...
Old 2011-01-06, 23:40   Link #513
Xaturas

So its seems that next chapter its time for shion to move his @ss and do something.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 23:51   Link #514
Lummie

Chap 12 is out

edit - ah, can't seem to beat Kichiku to it :P

Spoiler:
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 23:53   Link #515
Iron21

Jinie with the panty shot.

She about to get the business fingered to her.

Dat cover was the best part of the chapter.

Also, 1 panel flashback of Sosul. Good to know author didn't forget about her.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 00:08   Link #516
DarkLordOfkichiku

I hope someone smashes the guys face in soon. His smugness is just getting on my nerves

That said, I'm hoping the cover foreshadows a new appearence soon enough.

Anyway, a fairly uneventful chapter this time around - or so it'd seem, though we'll have to know the dialouge to say for sure...
Old 2011-01-07, 00:13   Link #517
Xaturas

Was it that janitor dude, friend of gomyu who was driving that lambo, or did I mistake that series with other (I remember a blond janitor dude driving a lambo in some manga).
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 00:22   Link #518
Johnny
Working the bags...

Yeah he was and if my memory is correct he was also flying the helicopter that helped Goomoonryong escape towards the end of the 1st series...
Old 2011-01-07, 07:56   Link #519
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Yeah he was and if my memory is correct he was also flying the helicopter that helped Goomoonryong escape towards the end of the 1st series...
You mean Alex? Well, yeah, I suppose the car on the cover could symolize his return as well.
Old 2011-01-07, 09:53   Link #520
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
I hope someone smashes the guys face in soon. His smugness is just getting on my nerves

That said, I'm hoping the cover foreshadows a new appearence soon enough.

Anyway, a fairly uneventful chapter this time around - or so it'd seem, though we'll have to know the dialouge to say for sure...
It'll get smashed, eventually. Just won't be Shioon because he'll be too busy yelling "I'm not Murim!" while cowering in a corner and refusing to actually do anything about it.

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves