AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

View Poll Results: Accel World - Episode EX1 OVA Rating
Perfect 10 9 18.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 31.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 35.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.58%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-29, 19:25   Link #21
ak4allz
NightlyArt

I just watched this OVA EX1.... here is my thought

1. Maybe a single 26 minutes OVA is not enough the stuff an arc, perhaps I think there's a need for readers to know more about the Accel Assault (do we have this arc in LN? Sorry, I haven't read the LN yet for Accel World).

2. Erotic thoughts always be the main issue of the anime. Why would an troublemaker just wanna strip the clothes of the user/player? To make myself clear, I have nothing to do or mad with this erotic stuff but this is way too typical. I mean, you can do something else that much better such as...... <insert your own ideas here>

3. Haru needs a personality altering surgery. Seriously.

4. Kuroyuki-hime is sooooo cute, especially when she has the wings.
Spoiler for Kuroyukime:

I'm not trying to be a douchebag. Just sharing my thoughts and widen my sight from the discussion and opinions
Old 2012-09-29, 20:13   Link #22
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
But with Haru, some of his dialogue and interactions with KYH were just downright cringe-worthy here. It honestly made me feel uncomfortable watching them. Especially since this feels like another character regression to me...

The first time (when Noumi started bullying him), I could understand Haru taking a step or two back from previous character development. Sometimes in life you relapse into your old weaknesses and failings, particularly if some catalyst causes this to occur.

But I don't see any real catalyst for Haru's regression here, so I found it pretty disappointing for him to act so insanely clumsy in his interactions with KYH and handling of even slight female affection. Hopefully this is just an OVA sort of thing for his character...
Isn't that because this is supposed to be before Noumi's Dusk Taker story?
Old 2012-09-29, 20:50   Link #23
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Isn't that because this is supposed to be before Noumi's Dusk Taker story?
No. Kuroyukihime specifically makes mention of the Noumi incident, and Chiyu is a Burst Linker.
Old 2012-09-29, 21:10   Link #24
tsunade666

I just watched the episode..... this event is after Noumi arc right? but the first thing I notice is the op that's been used is the same as the first part of the story. So I didn't feel out of place when Haru is acting the way he is before the shitty Noumi arc but when KYH mention him then why was Haru acting like that again? its like his back to the same old Haru. What happen to "stay with me forver?"

I understand that Haru pretty much worship KYH. That's his standing and not as a lover but as a knight for KYH but the way he acts .... its pretty much normal Haru that it didn't feel the same after he mans up to take on dusk taker.

This episode. Visually delicious. Love the gundam like fast charge with stream of color to destroy the enemy. They pretty much go all out on the battle scene.

Poor Taku............ been played out by Chiyu.
Old 2012-09-29, 23:06   Link #25
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Kuroyukihime was at her most Kuroyukihime this episode (read awesome), but Haru was definitely back at his most Haru. Ultimately it balances out for a pretty enjoyable ride though. I guess this really is the end of the line for now and for an extra episode that's packaged in with a game it's honestly one of the better ones I've seen. It would have been so easy to just phone something in, but this episode had it's own flavor with the Accel Assault game as well as tying up some loose ends from the TV series like Megumi's jealousy, Chiyu's officially joining and working with the group and the whole Sa-chan thing.
Old 2012-09-30, 00:15   Link #26
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I guess this really is the end of the line for now and for an extra episode that's packaged in with a game it's honestly one of the better ones I've seen.
Well, just for what it's worth, there will be a second OVA shipping with the second game coming... at some point. So there is a bit more in sight already, but it wouldn't surprise me if a second season were announced sooner rather than later. We'll see...
Old 2012-09-30, 00:17   Link #27
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Probably just me, but I felt the OVA was a tad rushed. It's like they wanted to put in more action, more backstory but couldn't because they had to squeeze it into a half hour. It would have been a lot better if it was 45 minutes long, since they aren't making it to be aired on television.
Old 2012-09-30, 08:46   Link #28
eiyuu99

real world,"when pigs fly"
accel world,"Did you see that flying pig"
Old 2012-09-30, 09:36   Link #29
HandofFate

Chiyu was hilarious this episode.

Not really a big fan of the whole neko thing. But Chiyu was great with it, with all the cat faces and catlaughs that seem to have been missing in the actual series.

lol @ poor Taku. Getting fisted by Chiyu the whole episode.

Curious what the whole Assault Linker thing is, seems cooler than the actual Brain Burst fights.
Old 2012-09-30, 10:49   Link #30
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

The Taku/Chiyu interactions had me totally laughing. Neko Chiyu's spongy footstep sounds were entertaining as well.

Endless "Out of bullets, need rest!" Soul
Old 2012-09-30, 12:25   Link #31
Mentar
Banned

This OVA made me feel like a dirty old man. But hell if KYH putting on her stockings wasn't much more tastefully erotic in 10 seconds than most ecchi animes are in a full season...

And as usual, KYH-Niko exchanges are golden. Golden in every little bit.

If only the guys in this show would man up just a LITTLE bit...
Old 2012-09-30, 12:31   Link #32
Minoye

The whole clothe destroying plot thing was a weird, but the assault world part was nice.
Haru was being Haru, definitely not a fast learner. I hope he'll get a hold of himself soon.
KYH's Megaman-like outfit was awesome and I liked the short appearance of trolling maid pard-san.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
The Taku/Chiyu interactions had me totally laughing. Neko Chiyu's spongy footstep sounds were entertaining as well.

Endless "Out of bullets, need rest!" Soul
Chiyu had some good fun there
I was waiting for a "Reload!" especially because Haru mentioned FPS games before.
Old 2012-09-30, 13:11   Link #33
justsomeguy

ROFLMFAO. This OVA was Sunrise at their best, boiling Accel World down into its most basic parts. The guys are useless and clueless, and it's the girls who kick ass. Heck, all of Chiyu and Taku's interactions are sexual innuendos about his impotence. Oh, and there's better mecha action here than in all of AGE.

10/10

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2012-09-30, 15:47   Link #34
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

...Taku just had to be "fisted" by Chiyu didnt he...
Old 2012-10-01, 00:47   Link #35
Zeriand
Banned

Quote:
But with Haru, some of his dialogue and interactions with KYH were just downright cringe-worthy here. It honestly made me feel uncomfortable watching them. Especially since this feels like another character regression to me...
Uh, no. Haru's reaction is completely understandable, because I'm more or less like him when it comes to female interaction. I get so awkward that the atmosphere felt like it took a nose dive every time I try to talk - actually I think that the anime handled that part rather tamely; reality is so much worse. >_>
Old 2012-10-01, 06:39   Link #36
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah honestly, it did just feel like drama for the sake of it and Haru should've known better by now. It was just so cringe worthy there were more than a few moments where I just wanted to punch his pudgy face in.

I really could've enjoyed this episode so much more without me feeling like my masculinity was on the line. I mean it was bad enough that they made Haru looks as pathetic as possible over nothing, but they had to go and make Chiyu do some...questionable things to Taku. And then they had to go one step further and demean the women too. "Senpai is girl too, you know. There are times when she'd want a guy to lead her confidently and order her around!". The hell is that supposed to mean?

Have do admit though, that I did lol at Pig Haru coming in with machine guns blazing, Neko-Chiyu pouncing around and Taku's hilarious indignation at transforming into a partly inanimate object.
Old 2012-10-01, 06:46   Link #37
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriand View Post
Uh, no. Haru's reaction is completely understandable,
You're forgetting context here. This episode comes immediately after the Noumi arc (as evidenced by KYH referring to "the Noumi Incident" as a past event).

Do you recall how the last episode of "the Noumi Incident" ended?

It ended by Haru asking KYH to stay with him forever, and her agreeing to that.

I don't care how shy or awkward a guy is, once he crosses that line with a girl, it's simply ridiculous for him to act towards her like how Haru acted towards KYH in this episode. So no, Haru's reaction is not completely understandable. I wouldn't have that much problem with Haru acting this way towards KYH somewhere in the first half of the show (even then I'd still find it uncomfortable to watch, but at least it would make sense and I could roll with it), but at this point it's just weird.

It's almost like a married man blushing shyly around, and being unable to talk normally with, his own wife.
Old 2012-10-01, 09:25   Link #38
Zeriand
Banned

... Actually this is a fan service episode, I'm not sure if Accel Assault even exist in the actual novel, but setting that aside. They intentionally made Haru's reactions a million times pathetic and Taku a girlish hilarious joke and Chiru with her wild and completely dominating side. It's not meant to be taken seriously, so take a breather -.-".
Old 2012-10-01, 13:11   Link #39
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

If the designs for the girls were loose like these, I bet the show will gain higher popularity, because its working for me
Old 2012-10-01, 13:37   Link #40
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
No. Kuroyukihime specifically makes mention of the Noumi incident, and Chiyu is a Burst Linker.
Must have missed that part, also, don't take this ova seriously, isn't even on the novels .
Closed Thread