AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-27, 16:13   Link #641
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Although I wonder if Amazon will still keep it at that pre order price until then
Amazon's got a price guarantee policy where if it drops while you've got it on order, you get the new price, and of course if it goes up, you pay the original price. So in other words, you get the cheapest price between when you order it and they ship it. When I ordered the first volume special edition for the first season, I had ordered it as soon as it went on preorder, and ended up saving about $5 when the price dropped during the preorder phase (at time of release, it was listed between the price I paid and the price I ordered it for). So if you're able to, preorder is the best way to go.

Don't know if it counts if you order it from Amazon through a third-party supplier, though. I imagine it doesn't.
Old 2010-07-27, 18:04   Link #642
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Cover Art for the "Second Season" box set, courtesy of Amazon

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-07-27, 18:17   Link #643
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Cover Art for the "Second Season" box set, courtesy of Amazon
Ugh, "second season"? Way to make it even more confusing for new folks. Why not "part two" or just "2009 episodes" or something?
Old 2010-07-27, 18:21   Link #644
Grahf616
High Saint of Asakuraism
*Author

I'm not sure that there was a good way to market this, perhaps short of "The Melancholy of Haurhi Suzumiya - The Inbetweason" or "The Lost Episodes" or something.
Old 2010-07-28, 02:08   Link #645
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Haruhi Suzumiya - Second World might've been a good title. XD
Old 2010-07-28, 08:41   Link #646
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I don't get why some people have such a hard time with other people calling it a second season. I mean, I could understand it when it was not officially marketed as such, but now that it is being marketed that way (at least to foreign fans)...

It has 14 new episodes. That's a season's worth of new episodes.

It's a second season aired alongside the original season, really.

The main reason this terminology was disputed before is because Kyoto Animation and Kadokawa didn't want to call it that. Well, looks like they're letting Bandai call it that, so as far as I'm concerned, the episodes that first aired in 2009 constitute a second season now. That's a much simpler and more straightforward way of referring to them anyway.

"Lost Episodes" could come across as implying that these episodes were made four years ago, and left on the cutting room floor until today.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2010-07-28 at 09:02.
Old 2010-07-28, 10:10   Link #647
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I don't get why some people have such a hard time with other people calling it a second season. I mean, I could understand it when it was not officially marketed as such, but now that it is being marketed that way (at least to foreign fans)...

It has 14 new episodes. That's a season's worth of new episodes.

It's a second season aired alongside the original season, really.

The main reason this terminology was disputed before is because Kyoto Animation and Kadokawa didn't want to call it that. Well, looks like they're letting Bandai call it that, so as far as I'm concerned, the episodes that first aired in 2009 constitute a second season now. That's a much simpler and more straightforward way of referring to them anyway.

"Lost Episodes" could come across as implying that these episodes were made four years ago, and left on the cutting room floor until today.
Well, I wouldn't really care, except that it's adding to the confusion about episode order and stuff, that was partly because of the achronological first part. I was all for calling it the second season when I first saw it, but there have been a lot of people going "wtf?" about it since then. It's unusual for a second season to fit within the first season chronologically and while still maintaining the flow of the narrative.

But maybe the content of the discs will make it clear how it all fits together, and it won't be problematic.
Old 2010-07-28, 10:21   Link #648
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
Well, I wouldn't really care, except that it's adding to the confusion about episode order and stuff, that was partly because of the achronological first part. I was all for calling it the second season when I first saw it, but there have been a lot of people going "wtf?" about it since then. It's unusual for a second season to fit within the first season chronologically and while still maintaining the flow of the narrative.

But maybe the content of the discs will make it clear how it all fits together, and it won't be problematic.
I get what you mean here.

Having new episodes put right smack dab in the middle of an airing of old episodes is different.

It would be nice if the DVD came with a pamphlet explaining how and why the episodes are ordered the way that they are.
Old 2010-09-16, 17:31   Link #649
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
News from Bandai:

No release date yet that I've found.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-09-16, 23:22   Link #650
Animexcel

Could've called it Haruhi Suzumiya - The Second Coming.
Old 2010-09-17, 14:59   Link #651
Othello~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
News from Bandai:
Spoiler for :

No release date yet that I've found.
Churuya and her smoked cheese .

I wonder what their voices are going to sound like (since it's more cutesy. Hopefully not too annoying )
Old 2010-09-26, 05:46   Link #652
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

I'd prefer it if they packaged the first season in with the second, y'no in the right order, so I don't have to keep switching disks. Yes I would buy the original episodes all over again just for that
Old 2014-08-09, 23:15   Link #653
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Funimation license rescues the Haruhi franchise (and Lucky Star).

EDIT: The announcement didn't include the Disappearance movie.
Old 2014-08-10, 09:32   Link #654
GDB

Not sure whether I want them to release it on Bluray or not. If they do, I'd probably buy it (later down the line, unless it has a nice first-press bonus), but on the other hand, I like keeping my money...
Old 2014-08-18, 19:15   Link #655
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Funimation license rescues the Haruhi franchise (and Lucky Star).

EDIT: The announcement didn't include the Disappearance movie.
Don't they already own the rights to Disappearance?
Old 2014-08-18, 23:34   Link #656
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I've checked MAL and ANN and they say that Bandai is still the licensor...
Closed Thread