AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-24, 02:05   Link #361
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
did anyone else get bothered by Bunny's use of engRish in during the next episode previews?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 02:24   Link #362
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

The students at the Hero Academy reminded me of the Legion of Substitute Heroes.

The girl in the background might be a gag character, like the dinosaur suited girl or the naked dude with a pillow from Infinite Ryvius (another Sunrise show): just there for fans to try to find every episode.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 04:35   Link #363
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
did anyone else get bothered by Bunny's use of engRish in during the next episode previews?
Yeah, but at the same time it's pretty funny too. Funny how the more Japanese looking Kotetsu has a much better English than him.
Old 2011-05-24, 14:34   Link #364
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Who would have thought Origami Cyclone would have such an interesting back story after not really being a part of the show so far? Well I'm kind of not surprised since this show has yet to disappoint when it comes to the characters. I guess we'll see what Dragon Kid's story is next time. Of all the heroes she remains the only one to have not had much screen time at all yet.

As a side note I'm also really starting to dig the soundtrack to this show. Particularly Lunatic's theme. Looks like my next OST acquisition is going to yet again be from a Sunrise show.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 23:17   Link #365
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Who would have thought Origami Cyclone would have such an interesting back story after not really being a part of the show so far? Well I'm kind of not surprised since this show has yet to disappoint when it comes to the characters. I guess we'll see what Dragon Kid's story is next time. Of all the heroes she remains the only one to have not had much screen time at all yet.
Yeah and the little time they gave her, she kicked a lot of asses! Can't wait for the next one!
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
ddwkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 00:00   Link #366
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Yeah, but at the same time it's pretty funny too. Funny how the more Japanese looking Kotetsu has a much better English than him.
lol wat As far as the English in the preview goes, Bunny might have funny Engrish, but Kotetsu just outright butchers the language he's not even saying anything other than gibberish.
Quote:
As a side note I'm also really starting to dig the soundtrack to this show. Particularly Lunatic's theme. Looks like my next OST acquisition is going to yet again be from a Sunrise show.
While I liked the theme they got for Lunatic, can't say I've warmed up to the score yet. It's really strange, as I should be loving it, but I only treat it with indifference so far.
Old 2011-05-25, 10:13   Link #367
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
All of these logos from the show (Excluding product placement that we've ever seen)

Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 15:13   Link #368
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
lol wat As far as the English in the preview goes, Bunny might have funny Engrish, but Kotetsu just outright butchers the language he's not even saying anything other than gibberish.
Really? Every time I feel the Engrish is strange, it usually is Barnaby...well, I'm not a native speaker to begin with though.
Old 2011-05-25, 16:33   Link #369
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
While I liked the theme they got for Lunatic, can't say I've warmed up to the score yet. It's really strange, as I should be loving it, but I only treat it with indifference so far.
It's a low key score for the most part, that's probably why. Lunatics theme is the first one to have a distinct intensity to it. You should hear some of this guys music for karas though if you havent seen it. It's some great work.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 03:10   Link #370
AlaAlba

just for fun
arigatou!
Click on the area to make Sky high keep telling you Arigatou, hover out from it makes him telling you Soshite Arigatou
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 14:35   Link #371
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Really? Every time I feel the Engrish is strange, it usually is Barnaby...well, I'm not a native speaker to begin with though.
(Your not a native speaker?)
Listen to Kotetsu at the first preview, the man mumbles the words. At Episode 4, he even can't say it Bunny on the other hand speaks Engrish, but he says it such confidence it makes it look better by comparison lol
Quote:
It's a low key score for the most part, that's probably why. Lunatics theme is the first one to have a distinct intensity to it. You should hear some of this guys music for karas though if you havent seen it. It's some great work.
That might be it. I watched Karas sometime ago, but I can't say the OST really graped me there either going by memory alone(it wasn't bad by any measure and did a good job, but I didn't really feel there was any score that jumped out there) I honestly would love if we have more scores like Lunatic's that stand out because watching the episode again it's really a good track.
Old 2011-05-28, 12:32   Link #372
TAKOYAKI

oh, I watched ep 9,,,
Dragon Kid is too cuuuuuuuuuuuuute!
Ep 10 seems to be Gyukaku.

New TV CM of TB are funny!

http://blog-imgs-42-origin.fc2.com/o...0110513_04.jpg

Last edited by TAKOYAKI; 2011-05-28 at 12:42.
TAKOYAKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 16:13   Link #373
v1cious

Spoiler for Episode 9:

This may have been my least favorite so far. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't that great, either. The ending was quite a shocker, though.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 16:39   Link #374
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

True, it was not the best episode but some scenes just made me really laugh such as :

Spoiler for Ep 9:
Old 2011-05-28, 17:06   Link #375
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKOYAKI View Post
oh, I watched ep 9,,,
Dragon Kid is too cuuuuuuuuuuuuute!
Ep 10 seems to be Gyukaku.

New TV CM of TB are funny!

http://blog-imgs-42-origin.fc2.com/o...0110513_04.jpg
That link isn't working

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
Spoiler for Episode 9:

This may have been my least favorite so far. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't that great, either. The ending was quite a shocker, though.
No theories on the spoiler. This episode was one of my least favorites to date as well. It isn't really bad, either. It just didn't do much for me, though I admit it had it's moments. Such as Blue Rose melting over
Spoiler:
which was funny, as well as the little tidbits we pick up in the episode like the fact
Spoiler:
. Still, the episode has some serious melancholy going on in it and that may be part of why it didn't quite work as well as many of the other episodes we've seen so far.
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 19:25   Link #376
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

I actually felt that last week's episode was the worst to date, and was relieved this episode got back to at least the animation quality, and even in relevance to the over-arching plot. Heck, you could have 'Lunatic tries to kill the baby-nappers', and combined all the relevance into this week's episode in half the space.

It was also nice to actually have some sort of appearance and character from all the heroes for once. Tiger seems to have adopted another family member, and was it me or did Mrs. Agnes get charmed by a Bunny?

I'll wait for more when the sub comes out.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 21:51   Link #377
Funkatron
Highly irregular

I love the fact that in next week's preview, Tiger doesn't even bother to read the title .

Overall good episode. Finally a look at Dragon Kid and so far she is interesting. I definitely liked seeing Tiger's fatherly nature kick in again for another one of the younger heroes.

The Best part of the episode for me, however was the apparent bonding between Tiger and Barnaby. Barnaby is letting his guard down around his elder now and is more open about his quest for vengeance. Also less bickering, which is good.

As for the villains, I can understand smelling danger ala a spider sense and smelling out lies but smelling money? Sounds too specific and weird.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 22:10   Link #378
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
I actually felt that last week's episode was the worst to date, and was relieved this episode got back to at least the animation quality, and even in relevance to the over-arching plot. Heck, you could have 'Lunatic tries to kill the baby-nappers', and combined all the relevance into this week's episode in half the space.
Like Pauly these girls would be the SternBild's Next Rogues Gallery. Like Flash's rogues mostly harmless.

Its Lunatic and that murderer of Barnaby's parents would be the dangerous ones.

Quote:
It was also nice to actually have some sort of appearance and character from all the heroes for once. Tiger seems to have adopted another family member, and was it me or did Mrs. Agnes get charmed by a Bunny?
I see a potential drama in the horizon if Kaede finds out her father is a hero and is fatherly to the younger heroes.

As for Agnes that is two out of three princess carries that worked. Barnaby isn't even realizing he's wooing them.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 23:26   Link #379
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Spoiler for SPOILER:

Anyhow, this episode was the weakest of the bunch but it did serve to establish relationships between the cast and some backstory.

We learn definitively that Blue Rose is into Blue Tiger. And we learn the fate of Kotetsu's wife and his daughter's age.

I wonder about his wife... He totally downplayed her and his daughter when it seems to be more complicated. He was begging Ox to shut up, he didn't want the rest to know. I wonder if there is something about his wife he doesn't want the others to know.

Oh yeah, the damsel was in this episode again... being rescued.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 23:46   Link #380
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Anyhow, this episode was the weakest of the bunch but it did serve to establish relationships between the cast and some backstory.
Personally, I agree with Dean_the_Young, I felt last weeks episode was the weakest of the bunch. This episode actually felt more relevant then Blue Rose's spotlight episode tbh, which basically did what you described above, except without the plot relevance.

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere