AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-08-26, 03:22   Link #81
Kresnik
Anti-Hero

I've just read the manga, and looking at chapter 4 page 6 at the bottom panel...
Spoiler for O_o:

I already read the novel since some time ago, so having this kind of random is pretty nice.
Kresnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 05:04   Link #82
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kresnik View Post
I've just read the manga, and looking at chapter 4 page 6 at the bottom panel...
Spoiler for O_o:

I already read the novel since some time ago, so having this kind of random is pretty nice.
Good eyes! I thought since like chapter 1 that the other students' designs were distinctly *similar* to the Haruhi anime designs, and I liked that. But I didn't really look that close and didn't see it as a direct reference before.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 13:49   Link #83
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
So, I took a look at this manga after bumping into a preview of it on THAT blog and catching my eye. I must say that the preview picture was interesting and got me somewhat hyped up about the anime so I though that I might as well try the manga but after reading the first chapter, I begin to worry...

And after checking who will be voicing Taiga, I worry even more...

Because I know for a fact that I just hate Louise to the bitter core and that also includes the person voicing her. That is, I just can't stand K Rie voicing lolis especially those that are tsundere and goes "urusai" or "baka inu" a lot.

Unfortunately again...this series seems to be well adapted for the role of K Rie to the point of having Taiga call Ryu "baka inu"...

Oh my gosh...

Still though, I did manage to read up to chapter 11 and things did change. They sorta did drop the "you dog!" thing but I still don't like it. Taiga may seem like a Louise clone at first but she is so much deeper than that ***** can ever hope to be. I actually feel a sort of attachment to Taiga because of her tragic state yet he similar tsundere tendencies compared to Louise conflict with those feelings...

I guess I would try the anime...I would just need some ear plugs for when Taiga speaks until we get to the sentimental parts

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 18:20   Link #84
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Awesome! Glorious! Excellent! Magnifique!

Spoiler for ch 12:
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 18:55   Link #85
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Awesome! Glorious! Excellent! Magnifique!

Spoiler for ch 12:
Spoiler for ch12:
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 20:04   Link #86
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Chapter 12 is the best out yet. With all the hype concerning Kawashima's appearance, this is how you do justice to it:

Spoiler for How Ami should look like:

The novel's Kawashima pales in comparison to the student council president and lags even behind minori. (Did I mention Minori looks cute in this chapter?? )
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 20:21   Link #87
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Wow, Ami Kawashima is hot O.o

In a seductive, man killer kind of way...

chapt 12
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-08-29, 20:38   Link #88
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

chapt 12
Spoiler:
oh come on now, u telling me u wouldn't be bothered or worried about a lass as cute as her?!!!
Hell he should be using his "glare" to keep anyone at bay!
Old 2008-08-29, 20:48   Link #89
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:

chapt 12
Spoiler:
Wasn't that because he wanted taiga to go with him to the family restaurant so he could see Minorin?

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 22:05   Link #90
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Because I know for a fact that I just hate Louise to the bitter core and that also includes the person voicing her. That is, I just can't stand K Rie voicing lolis especially those that are tsundere and goes "urusai" or "baka inu" a lot.
Heh~, didn't know that you hated Kugimiya Rie('s voice acting of lolis). Understandable, yes...
I'm not expecting Taiga to look/be any better with her voice (in fact, listening to Taiga be selfish... will be... Tch), but I'll wait for a trailer... Maybe she'll use Miharu/Etchel's voice... (-_- probably not...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Em View Post
Chapter 12 is the best out yet. With all the hype concerning Kawashima's appearance, this is how you do justice to it:

Spoiler for How Ami should look like:

The novel's Kawashima pales in comparison to the student council president and lags even behind minori. (Did I mention Minori looks cute in this chapter?? )
Hoh~ I still don't understand how she's sooo pretty that every guy pretty much start drooling over her, but this is most certainly an improvement compared to the novel art.
The anime art is all-around bad, but at least Ami looks better there than the novel too. Besides for Ami, I feel the art is Manga>>>Novel>>>>Anime (Ami has anime above novel).
Mah, I guess no matter how "pretty" Ami is, that crap personality of hers negates it...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 23:56   Link #91
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

serenade: Well, this is how Ami SHOULD look...

Spoiler:

On another note, besides Minori being horribly cute, anyone else fascinated by some of the depths she displays later?

Spoiler:
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 01:28   Link #92
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
serenade: Well, this is how Ami SHOULD look...

Spoiler:
Mah, I already knew that...

Quote:
On another note, besides Minori being horribly cute, anyone else fascinated by some of the depths she displays later?

Spoiler:
Nasty streak? What did she do? (I'm not reading the manga online, so I don't know the latest manga events...)

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-08-30, 02:16   Link #93
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Mah, I already knew that...

Nasty streak? What did she do? (I'm not reading the manga online, so I don't know the latest manga events...)
It happens later in the Volume 2 novel.

Spoiler:

Such hidden depths are rather sexy, I think. Makes Minori a more well-rounded character than she appears on the surface.
Old 2008-08-30, 02:23   Link #94
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
It happens later in the Volume 2 novel.

Spoiler:

Such hidden depths are rather sexy, I think. Makes Minori a more well-rounded character than she appears on the surface.
Ahh, that scene...
Mmm... Not really fascinated at all. I didn't really consider that scene to add any depth to Minori, but was just part of that default personality of hers (in the first place, Minori was never the "Good girl" type, but the strange or whatever the novel wants to describe her). It was a rather boring scene... though at least Ami suffered a bit...

Old 2008-08-30, 02:42   Link #95
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Ahh, that scene...
It was a rather boring scene... though at least Ami suffered a bit...
Actually, if you took Ryuji's view of her, she was supposed to be the really goody-goody type, who also happened to be a workaholic. It rounds her out some, and shouldn't you be putting this stuff in spoiler tags?

Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-30, 03:40   Link #96
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Actually, if you took Ryuji's view of her, she was supposed to be the really goody-goody type, who also happened to be a workaholic. It rounds her out some, and shouldn't you be putting this stuff in spoiler tags?
Well, that's true for him... Him, anyways. Nothing surprising to me, so it didn't end up making her any rounder than before...
No, I didn't spoil the plot of any story or anything, and kept what I said at the level of what you said out of the tags.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Old 2008-08-30, 06:45   Link #97
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
oh come on now, u telling me u wouldn't be bothered or worried about a lass as cute as her?!!!
Hell he should be using his "glare" to keep anyone at bay!
Apparently, he is still in love with Minorin but his desperate actions tell me otherwise.

And I suppose I would be beating off fanboys with a stick, but only when I can get the image of Louise out of my head first...probably never. But she does have her moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Wasn't that because he wanted taiga to go with him to the family restaurant so he could see Minorin?
So was that it?

Seriously, I was too blinded by Taiga's selfishness to realise it was it was a deal that Ryu had to treat her like a king before she will help out. And don't forget the magazine!

Quote:
Heh~, didn't know that you hated Kugimiya Rie('s voice acting of lolis). Understandable, yes...
I'm not expecting Taiga to look/be any better with her voice (in fact, listening to Taiga be selfish... will be... Tch), but I'll wait for a trailer... Maybe she'll use Miharu/Etchel's voice... (-_- probably not...)
Probably not...the dreaded loli voice for K Rie is practically her flagship.

Sheesh...

As for Ami...I've seen her type before and I am ready for the worst!

Old 2008-08-30, 10:16   Link #98
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Hooray for the scanlators!

So Ch. 12 is out!

On the whole it felt like the novel, which is good; with again the bonus of nice expressions from Taiga (did I already said that manga-Taiga was my favorite version so far?), more wacky-Midori and finally a gorgeous Ami. Yay! Manga art is definitely the best!...except for Ryuu who is just TOO handsome...
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 12:14   Link #99
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Because of a certain "someone", I checked the manga (all the first 12 chapters) and... honestly, I would say it was both a waste of time and a gain of time (as it will prevent me to lose my sanity in the upcoming anime release).

My biggest gripes with Toradora plot are basically the whole structure and premises.
In all honesty, the author is trying too hard in the "sweet-sour" component of the tsundere archtype, to the point the "dere" side is a mere scam, not even doing the "vaseline" effect for all the black and annoying parts of the horrible being named Taiga.

Though I'm not exactly fond of bitching a series or so, TD fails in "entertainment" department in my case (I insist it is only my opinion), because the author generate such situations that it challenging my suspension of disbelief. Basically, Ryuji is just-too-bloody-nice-that-it-is-laughable. He isn't bad as a character per se, however, the treatment he receives from Taiga is just borderline inhuman (well, she uses him as a dog after all) and his somehow "cannot let her alone" attitude is so forced that it broke my suspension of disbelief.

If you combine this with Taiga, the biggest chore character available, it doesn't make TD very bright. I will admit some situations were kinda a guilty pleasure with all the commotion and "fun", but it is soon darkened with pitch black ink when Taiga opens her filthy trap dustshoot which serves as her mouth.
If I have to comment about her character, she is simply the incarnation of selfishness and doesn't have any kind of clue about how it is to interact with her fellow classmates.
This is really a big problem for TD premises, as it actually should make the readers rooting for a romance between Taiga and Ryuji. However, unlike usual clumsy male lead that doesn't deserve the "harem" at his disposal, it is the other way around: no matter what Taiga does, she really doesn't deserve Ryuji, period. And if she somehow "acts" nice, she is going backwards in a horrible bossy attitude the very next moment costing her at least the double of points she won with her "false dere side" (see especially chapter 11, page 24).

The story is kinda classic, and doesn't have much to be blamed. But honestly, Taiga herself is just pushing so many wrong buttons that it is difficult to take that story enjoyable, even if not at the latest degree. This is as silly as in ZNT, just that you exchange the explosions from louise's void magic with raw violence and crude language.

At least, it sure has the potential to please tsundere lover, I won't question that.
My apologies for the blunt and brutal rant, I assume many people enjoy this plot, which is normal. that said, this is a mere token of opinion here, as a contrast I should say.
Old 2008-08-30, 17:39   Link #100
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Because of a certain "someone", I checked the manga (all the first 12 chapters) and... honestly, I would say it was both a waste of time and a gain of time (as it will prevent me to lose my sanity in the upcoming anime release).

My biggest gripes with Toradora plot are basically the whole structure and premises.
In all honesty, the author is trying too hard in the "sweet-sour" component of the tsundere archtype, to the point the "dere" side is a mere scam, not even doing the "vaseline" effect for all the black and annoying parts of the horrible being named Taiga.

Though I'm not exactly fond of bitching a series or so, TD fails in "entertainment" department in my case (I insist it is only my opinion), because the author generate such situations that it challenging my suspension of disbelief. Basically, Ryuji is just-too-bloody-nice-that-it-is-laughable. He isn't bad as a character per se, however, the treatment he receives from Taiga is just borderline inhuman (well, she uses him as a dog after all) and his somehow "cannot let her alone" attitude is so forced that it broke my suspension of disbelief.

If you combine this with Taiga, the biggest chore character available, it doesn't make TD very bright. I will admit some situations were kinda a guilty pleasure with all the commotion and "fun", but it is soon darkened with pitch black ink when Taiga opens her filthy trap dustshoot which serves as her mouth.
If I have to comment about her character, she is simply the incarnation of selfishness and doesn't have any kind of clue about how it is to interact with her fellow classmates.
This is really a big problem for TD premises, as it actually should make the readers rooting for a romance between Taiga and Ryuji. However, unlike usual clumsy male lead that doesn't deserve the "harem" at his disposal, it is the other way around: no matter what Taiga does, she really doesn't deserve Ryuji, period. And if she somehow "acts" nice, she is going backwards in a horrible bossy attitude the very next moment costing her at least the double of points she won with her "false dere side" (see especially chapter 11, page 24).

The story is kinda classic, and doesn't have much to be blamed. But honestly, Taiga herself is just pushing so many wrong buttons that it is difficult to take that story enjoyable, even if not at the latest degree. This is as silly as in ZNT, just that you exchange the explosions from louise's void magic with raw violence and crude language.

At least, it sure has the potential to please tsundere lover, I won't question that.
My apologies for the blunt and brutal rant, I assume many people enjoy this plot, which is normal. that said, this is a mere token of opinion here, as a contrast I should say.
Interesting opinion, i respect that it is just that just wonder what your expectancy was before starting to read since you kinda seemed to be forced to do so. Well nevermind it's probably too hard to say from ones own objective point of view now.

All you observed about Taiga is absolutely right but i never had the feeling she was more annoying than any other tsundere type character that is more 'tsun' than 'dere' (as of now taiga definitely is). For me her rare 'dere' are a plus since it makes them special. Also don't miss out that we almost never get to know her thoughts opposed to alot of other tsunderes of other series where it's mostly pretty clear the character is actually caring by 'reading' what they actually think and feel compared to what they say or how they act. Anyway i'm not going to try to convince you, the opposite, I think your opinion is constructive and refreshing that's pretty rare for a post that is in contradiction to the common thinking in the series' thread.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shounen