AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-03, 17:05   Link #81
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Now I just HAVE to ask, is there anyone out there in the entire world that actually enjoyed the decide deicide mini-arc?
I *almost* enjoyed it. Does that count?
Old 2010-11-03, 17:11   Link #82
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
After a very long period of not caring much for Bleach, I’m relieved to say I’ve finally started to care for it again.

Despite the numerous epic battles in the past arcs, Bleach has been on a downhill trip for a long time in my opinion, the sole reason being the fact that there’s simply been way too much fighting. Not only did the fighting increase, but the quality of each fight started to decrease as it all turned into a power-fest instead of tactical fights.

The fight with Aizen did not live up to the climax I had expected when I first realized Aizen was going to become a major villain. It was a stupid fight of powering up and explosions, my face was all ”meh” through the whole thing.

Now however, the manga has taken a huge turn and gotten interesting again. We’re back to actually seeing the characters from the past evolve (I’d almost forgotten about them) and it’s great to see characters like Ishida playing important roles again. With Ichigo becoming so insanely overpowered and the enemies growing stronger all the time, the other characters like Renji, Sado and Rukia simply became irrelevant, hardly able to defeat Ichigo’s left-overs. Now he finds himself relying on them, which is a great turn of events.

The manga has also gotten me to care about Ichigo, which is something I have been finding difficult to do ever since the Soul Society arc finished. Besides getting major power-ups, his character-growth has been next to zero, there’s been no change in his personality other then getting slightly darker and grimmer, it’s great to see him live a ”normal” life again.

Spoiler for Inoue:

Also, seeing Inoue again made me smile, god damnit did her breasts get bigger? She looks so freaking gorgeous now!
Old 2010-11-03, 17:18   Link #83
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Now I just HAVE to ask, is there anyone out there in the entire world that actually enjoyed the deicide mini-arc?
I liked it.
Old 2010-11-03, 17:25   Link #84
Alchemist007
*Author

Hmmm...?
Old 2010-11-03, 17:27   Link #85
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Now I just HAVE to ask, is there anyone out there in the entire world that actually enjoyed the decide deicide mini-arc?
To me, it was everything fine, until the abrupt end... that ruined it for me.
Srsly... you can't write a manga only based in fights, you need some plot, even a basic and predictable one (Naruto for instance). Were are the answers that Kubo himself wrote.

Besides i got this feeling that Aizen and Urahara really know something more about the King... so, instead of close the plot holes, Kubo ends an arc with even more questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post

The fight with Aizen did not live up to the climax I had expected when I first realized Aizen was going to become a major villain. It was a stupid fight of powering up and explosions, my face was all ”meh” through the whole thing.
I strongly second this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs
Also, seeing Inoue again made me smile, god damnit did her breasts get bigger? She looks so freaking gorgeous now!
She was gorgeous from the very beginning!
Seeing her walking by the school leaving amounts of boys reduced to ashes because of her hotness is so awesome...
Old 2010-11-03, 17:29   Link #86
Alchemist007
*Author

And then proceeding to launch down a drain pipe, that's Inoue alright
Old 2010-11-03, 17:35   Link #87
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
And then proceeding to launch down a drain pipe, that's Inoue alright
Yup, because not everything is about badassery
You need some cuteness.
Old 2010-11-03, 17:36   Link #88
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Funny, I don't think inoue changed a bit.
Old 2010-11-03, 17:48   Link #89
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I strongly second this.
^^Then I'll third it.

And unfortunately, that doesn't even cover half of what I felt was wrong with that battle. It's the one and only event that completely killed the entire arc for me. In fact, the pace of that battle and a lack of any real substance to it almost tempts me into believing that Kubo rushed it because he already plans on revisiting the same battle again (for the final time) sometime in the future. It's the only conceivable explanation I can think of on Kubo's behalf (aside from bad writing).
Old 2010-11-03, 17:52   Link #90
Alchemist007
*Author

After Ichigo gets his powers back:

Urahara: "You'll have to learn bankai and increase your power from square one again..."

Ichigo: "Damn really?!"

Urahara: "Nope."
Old 2010-11-03, 18:11   Link #91
secretzfan
*Fansubber

After reading this chapter and carefully analyzing it I am beginning to get the feeling that the next chapter is going to be on the antagonist, and Tite Kubo changed his writing style slightly also Uryuu looked bad ass
Old 2010-11-03, 18:42   Link #92
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I like how everyone is exactly the same (with the exception of appearance) after such a catastrophic event. *head explosion*
Old 2010-11-03, 21:41   Link #93
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Seems like some foreshadowing or rather an attempt at foreshadowing. Must say i am reallying enjoying the pace right now.
Old 2010-11-03, 22:21   Link #94
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
That made me laugh more than it should have

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I like how everyone is exactly the same (with the exception of appearance) after such a catastrophic event. *head explosion*
unexplode your head dude, it's been like a year and a half since the whole FKT thing.
Old 2010-11-04, 00:00   Link #95
kagato3

The more I read it the more it feels like the world is "off". Things seem a little too ideal. And there are small things like why isn't Orihime waering her hair pins
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2010-11-04, 00:08   Link #96
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
The more I read it the more it feels like the world is "off". Things seem a little too ideal. And there are small things like why isn't Orihime waering her hair pins
That is a easy anyone remember the plotkai

It shares importance
Old 2010-11-04, 00:08   Link #97
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Why isn't anybody talking about the first page? If anything it looks like the option of "It was all just a dream" is very probable right now.

Even the girls want her...
Old 2010-11-04, 00:23   Link #98
Gin
*Artist

So as far as I can tell, the other substitute shinigami is a relative of either Ai-chan or the Shibas, and he has Kurosaki-kun in an illusion.
Old 2010-11-04, 00:31   Link #99
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
So as far as I can tell, the other substitute shinigami is a relative of either Ai-chan or the Shibas, and he has Kurosaki-kun in an illusion.
No this Yusuke dreaming if had orange spiky hair and met Sensui again
Old 2010-11-04, 00:33   Link #100
(QQ)wertyasdf
'

So all Kubo can come up with after a 2 week break is 2 chapters of fillerfuck schoolkids...
And you guys like it... /FACEPALM

No I don't give a crap about Orihime, the bitch should just be erased. The less space/time/bullshit hax in Bleach the better. Too bad she won't die because 1) Kubo has no balls to kill of protagonists, and 2) Kubo likes his hax characters so he can make convenient plotEscapes.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly chapter discussion