AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-14, 15:33   Link #61
Cream

Although I've only seen up to around 13 episodes(still watching) Kao is definitely my favorite.
Maybe its because I always love the idea of loving a childhood friend , maybe because it actually works in anime but never in real life(Experience</3). Shes definitely a wonderful girl with an amazing personality.
I wasn't absolutely sure on whether or not Haruka was at her level also , but the last scene when she was in his bed was the perfect 'sealing of the deal'.
Anyways, I'll keep you guys updated on this as i catch up , will be viewing this thread frequently !
Old 2010-11-18, 12:21   Link #62
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Although I've only seen up to around 13 episodes(still watching) Kao is definitely my favorite.
Maybe its because I always love the idea of loving a childhood friend , maybe because it actually works in anime but never in real life(Experience</3). Shes definitely a wonderful girl with an amazing personality.
I wasn't absolutely sure on whether or not Haruka was at her level also , but the last scene when she was in his bed was the perfect 'sealing of the deal'.
Anyways, I'll keep you guys updated on this as i catch up , will be viewing this thread frequently !
Kaoru isn't a childhood friend. She was just his classmate and friend since middle school, which is probably for about three or four years.
Old 2010-11-20, 01:39   Link #63
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Kaoru isn't a childhood friend. She was just his classmate and friend since middle school, which is probably for about three or four years.
I consider a middle school friend a child hood friend. If they know eachother for that number of years that is still a long time.
Old 2010-11-23, 00:28   Link #64
SageGaiGar
You are Next

She's more a friend rather than 'childhood friend' still though. Not that there's anything wrong with that as the arc showed.
Old 2010-11-23, 03:46   Link #65
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
You could think of someone you knew since middle school a childhood friend as you enter uni or the equivalent. Kaoru and Junichi were in their second year of high school, so they wouldn't have known each other for as long as Rihoko and Junichi did, which was likely even before elementary by the sound of it. So from their perspective, they weren't exactly childhood friends, but certainly old friends with respect to everyone else in the series.
Old 2010-11-23, 13:12   Link #66
Used Can

The word for childhood friend in Japanese [幼馴染 (osananajimi)] implies friendship from infancy. This is why Rihoko can be considered Junichi's childhood friend and Kaoru cannot, since he hadn't yet met the latter when he was an infant.
Old 2010-11-24, 17:42   Link #67
Cream

Okay but you do realize i used the term childhood friend in my own context and not in the context of the Japanese definition right?
Just curious if you failed or succeeded in realizing that.
Old 2010-11-25, 10:21   Link #68
Used Can

To be honest, I didn't even read your post dude. Other people were talking about the childhood friend trope. I wanted to clarify that.
Old 2010-11-25, 16:00   Link #69
GundamZZ
残念美人

Although the discussion is about Kaoru, I recently find my childhood friend from my college years.
About Kaoru, she's doesn't even know she's in love with Junichi. In anime, she doesn't go out with any guy friend. When Daigo... I mean Umehara... when he asks chocolate from her. She flat out refused.
Old 2010-11-29, 05:19   Link #70
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

I would so spoil Kaoru.....Oh? Did I just let that slip?
Old 2010-12-02, 00:41   Link #71
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
THIS.

No, seriously. The only childhood friend would be Rihoko (IMO least spectacular)
Old 2010-12-02, 09:20   Link #72
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
I consider a middle school friend a child hood friend. If they know eachother for that number of years that is still a long time.
Then if I'm in my second or third year of college and I had a friend I've known since high school, would she be my childhood friend?

No, a childhood friend is one you've known for nearly your entire life. While a few years is a long time, it's not the same.
Old 2010-12-17, 22:59   Link #73
zoolanderbr

Hey Anoyone saw the AMAGAMI SS BD 8 ? The arc of kaouru is different, the end is animated *--*
Anoyone saw?
Old 2010-12-17, 23:00   Link #74
zoolanderbr

I dont know japanese >.<
If anyone know and can put here in english, i'm very apreciated.
Old 2010-12-18, 10:28   Link #75
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Could you give us more information about the end of Kaoru Arc ? There is a "10 years later" epilogue ?
Old 2010-12-18, 10:59   Link #76
zoolanderbr

Not passed 10 years, but the ending was animated.Kaoru and Juinichi are riding together talking about something I did not know she's after him a hug and say something in his ear that leaves him shy.Has more dialogue, but i dont know japanese >.<

But for me it was beautiful because I love kaoru <3
Old 2010-12-18, 11:10   Link #77
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoolanderbr View Post
Not passed 10 years, but the ending was animated.Kaoru and Juinichi are riding together talking about something I did not know she's after him a hug and say something in his ear that leaves him shy.Has more dialogue, but i dont know japanese >.<

But for me it was beautiful because I love kaoru <3
Ok thanks for theses informations . I hope we will have these new scenes on youtube or something like that
Old 2010-12-18, 15:05   Link #78
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoolanderbr View Post
Hey Anoyone saw the AMAGAMI SS BD 8 ? The arc of kaouru is different, the end is animated *--*
Anoyone saw?
You mean the end where Kaoru is finally encouraged by Jun'ichi to buy a brush and comb her hair for the first time in her life, so her hair actually looks decent?
Yes, that's a great ending... alone finally seeing Kaoru with nice hair after that is well worth the BD.
Old 2011-03-27, 04:45   Link #79
CrimsonSunshine
We live to make tomorrow

I love Kaoru, and I'm sorry, I really am, for saying this --- Comparing the two is unwise, but... Kaoru reminds me an awful lot of Sekai Saionji, and for those who know who Sekai is, that isn't looked at as a good thing to most, but for me it is.

I get the feeling that's considered off topic, so I'll say a bit more. Kaoru is my second favorite heroine, and her tomboy nature is a big reason for that.
Closed Thread