AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-20, 16:23   Link #601
Xeiros

I've just recently finished watching the fine gem. One of the best shows I have ever seen. The art so close to nature with its beautiful color palate simply blew me away. The serene, creepy, yet calming nature of the music and storytelling made the show a joy to watch.
Xeiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 13:31   Link #602
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Funimation's kickoff 2007 week ended with the official announcement of Mushishi. Looks like this summer is the expected date.
Old 2007-01-26, 17:00   Link #603
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

They must have seen my bitching in the Shuffle! forum.

Anyway, I only have one word for this announcement: FAN-F*CKING-TASTIC!
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 17:07   Link #604
rooboy
Umeboshi!

LOL, I posted it just for you.

Seriously though, we already knew it was licensed, so it's not like it's a surprise (though I guess the summer thing is a surprise, I was expecting it more towards the end of the year). I was a little disappointed in the announcement again, basically as far as I can tell the only real surprise announcement in the bunch was Shuffle (though since I get the Funi channel and have never seen Boogiepop Phantom I was excited to hear that that's coming). Hardly the kind of awe inspiring thing I was expecting. I was really hoping for Ouran or Welcome to the NHK!

Still, DVD quality versions of Mushishi is nothing but win in my book.
Old 2007-01-30, 06:40   Link #605
lommm
l'homme de lommm

rooboy: u get the funi channel? >_< where do you live? how do you get it? i have time warner cable in los angeles and every channel they offer, but funi is not one they offer... i wich they did...

i like funi's page for mushishi. looks very... shishi.
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 09:38   Link #606
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I live in Dallas. Funi is carried on Verizon FiOS (I think it was one of the first stations to carry the broadcast 24/7 station).

Mushishi has me excited because Funi seems to have some of the cleaner DVDs (animation wise) on their newer stuff and Mushishi was gorgeous to begin with.
Old 2007-01-31, 10:09   Link #607
ginko51

I asked this once in this thread and no one replied

Are the Mushishi DVDs on sale outside Japan already?Is there a schedule?
ginko51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 11:10   Link #608
rooboy
Umeboshi!

It might help if we knew what you meant by "outside japan". If you mean in the U.S. you could look up five posts to this one to find out that it's expected this summer.

If you mean England or Taiwan or something, I can't help you. Hopefully someone else will be able to.
Old 2007-02-01, 14:02   Link #609
Cal-Reflector

ALLLLLL RIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHHHT~~
Old 2007-02-05, 08:31   Link #610
Lost

That reminds me. I still haven seen any trace of 'Bug Master' in a language I comprehend. What gives? *Lost goes a-hunting
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 16:41   Link #611
ginko51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
It might help if we knew what you meant by "outside japan". If you mean in the U.S. you could look up five posts to this one to find out that it's expected this summer.

If you mean England or Taiwan or something, I can't help you. Hopefully someone else will be able to.
I mean ANY english (as in language) release.It probably won't be released around these parts in a long time so I'm set on buying it from abroad.
ginko51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 20:00   Link #612
Cal-Reflector

I have heard of rumors of Orgasmic reviews of the Mushishi english edition being sold in the United States, has anyone here gotten their grubby paws on a copy yet? I have the series in mandarin chinese, but if the English edition is as good as rumors say (extensive background notes, translation of author's book-end notes, etc), I may end up buying Mushishi in three languages, plus Japanese.

And now, for a Noob Moment: Check out my new sig!
Old 2007-02-09, 20:04   Link #613
wao
OK.

LOL, colorbar + Orenji-kun! + Ginko/Tanyuu = win

I heard the next tankoubon is coming out end of Feb, is that true? I am so marching to Kinos...
Old 2007-02-09, 20:20   Link #614
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
I was really hoping for Ouran or Welcome to the NHK!
That we can still dream about. :3

I'm really happy about a summer release for the series, it'll be interesting to see what volume & box art they're go with.. though its Funi, so hopefully they'll use the original Japanese covers.

This is easily one of the best shows to air in 2005 - maybe even one of the best shows ever. Of course i adore the manga, though i believe its a story that works better with the color it brings. & of course.. this wouldn't be a Shiroth post without mentioning the soothing/epic awesome musical score by Toshio Masuda.
Old 2007-02-09, 22:07   Link #615
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
LOL, colorbar + Orenji-kun! + Ginko/Tanyuu = win

I heard the next tankoubon is coming out end of Feb, is that true? I am so marching to Kinos...
Ah, so he doth recognize the tribute paid... I could even make it more obvious by coloring the "Zenryoku te" part orange.

Amazon Japan says 2007/2/23, pre orders now available. I've read past volume 8 by magazine scans, some really good stuff coming. Another year of this and we shall have our season 2.

Aibara Yuki, hear me! Draw a third story with Tanyuu! God will surely see your good works and reward you!!
Old 2007-02-09, 22:30   Link #616
wao
OK.

Bah, I wish I could use Share/Winny to get the latest mag scans, I don't have the money to buy Afternoon each week I guess I'll wait patiently for the tankoubons even though I love this show so much.

BTW to be nitpicky it should be 全力で, not 全力て.  And it's Urushibara!
Old 2007-02-09, 22:52   Link #617
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Bah, I wish I could use Share/Winny to get the latest mag scans, I don't have the money to buy Afternoon each week I guess I'll wait patiently for the tankoubons even though I love this show so much.

BTW to be nitpicky it should be 全力で, not 全力て.  And it's Urushibara!
*Throws self off the bridge made from stringy migrating mushi into the canyon, twice, for both counts of mishap*

I was too stingy to buy the mangas at full price when I was in Japan, but all the BookOffs and BookMarts couldn't give me one whole series of second hand Mushishi... ah well.
Old 2007-02-16, 18:56   Link #618
Snoop'

Wow, I should come here more often... Still Mushishi discussions going on...

Anyway, I received a week ago the storyboard of Mushishi ep.1. This is a present from ArtLand for the hardcore fans who have purchased the 5 limited edition boxsets of Mushishi, and I've been craving for my grandmother to send it (they don't send it abroad so I had to make it ship to her address, it arrived in December but she had slight health problems at that time).
This is priceless for people who are interested in animation and like to draw. Dude, professionals are impressing. I have still a lot to study and practice to even remotely approach this level...
The storyboard is surprisingly carefully made ; the Gankustuou one I saw on the first bonus R2 DVD was very rough.

Renzu is so f*cking CUTE !!!
It's not that I don't fully support Ginko x Tanyuu like Cal-Reflector, but nothing can beat grandma Renzu. (then come of course Tanyuu, Suzu (ep.15 : Ginko in love), Setsu (ep.14 : the bamboo girl) and Sayo (ep.16 : the forgetful mother))

On a side note, I found the official book of Mushishi at the Parisian Book Off (a big Japanese chain library for second hand books) ; lots of reference to the manga and a few original stories by the script writers of the anime. Good stuff. They also had the manga ; I hesitated but finally didn't purchase any of them. I saw that there was another Minai & Karibusa story, but I thought to myself : "let's patiently wait for Mushishi second season"...
Now I just have to finish my DVDs, because I'm still at ep.15... Mushishi must not be watched in a rush.

Last edited by Snoop'; 2007-02-16 at 19:07.
Snoop' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 19:48   Link #619
wao
OK.

WOW. I really envy you! That's an extremely well drawn storyboard indeed. Aw man, I'd go gaga just looking at it let alone being able to touch it... take good care of it!

Some storyboards can turn out extremely simplified and rough, with just stick figures so this is quite surprisingly detailed.
Old 2007-02-16, 22:11   Link #620
Phantastic
Super Duper

This show just rocks. I give it my +Phantastic rating.
Phantastic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical, seinen, supernatural