AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-30, 19:50   Link #1381
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
本木咲黒, Zakuro Motoki, right? Singer of Active Pain, Core Blue, and Sheltering Sky (from the active pain single)
Old 2009-11-30, 21:35   Link #1382
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
本木咲黒, Zakuro Motoki, right? Singer of Active Pain, Core Blue, and Sheltering Sky (from the active pain single)
... Can I request someone to kill my brain? I always and always thought Active Pain's and Shirabe's singer to be the same. Even until now.

OTL

Anyways, thanks for mentioning that!

Old 2009-12-05, 05:17   Link #1383
Impossible

Did anyone post the track list for the anime OST? Apologies if it was, I don't recall seeing it, though I haven't read the whole thread.

http://vgmdb.net/album/16112

Spoiler for Umineko Soundtrack Tracklist:

A few things to note... Mortal stampede is there, so despite the rage at that, Hibuta and Victima Propiciatoria being cut, we may be in for some slight relief next week. Also, dreamenddischarger, which is nice after Episode 3's climactic music was entirely omitted.

It's kind of funny seeing tracks that were repeatedly left out, then finally played once much later, on there - like miragecoordinator and Happiness of Marionette - but many of those that actually did play multiple times and most/all the places they were supposed to, like worldenddominator, are not. I'm assuming the only VN songs there are the ones that were remixed, though I wasn't aware some of those had been.

Kind of makes me wish they did more remixes... Or actually included more of the original music in an adaptation of a sound novel. Mostly it'll just be confusing for anime-only fans who want all the music, but the anime's music tends to be quiet and not noticeable anyway, so they probably don't care.

Most odd, though, is the lack of Suspicion and Core. They're going to have to release a second disc just for those two.
Old 2009-12-05, 05:34   Link #1384
Westlo
Lets be reality

Is dir on there? And most likely a second ost will come out.
Old 2009-12-05, 06:27   Link #1385
Kakkou
Tch.

I'm thinking there will be a second ost, because they cannot leave out my precious worldenddominator after remixing it in the anime. Also as noted, Core and Suspicion are also not on the list, which is darn odd considering Suspicion is the music director's favourite track. I also noticed Nighteyes, worldend, Closed My Heart, Kuro no Liliana, Dread of the Grave, goldenslaughterer and Dance of the Moon Rabbits are also not listed. Heck, their remixed System 0 is also missing. Final verdict: second ost pls.
Old 2009-12-05, 06:49   Link #1386
mizou
Observer

I am feeling that I'll fall in love with this anime ost ! :d
Old 2009-12-05, 08:53   Link #1387
Impossible

What I find odd is that they'd put the latter two big zts tracks on this OST, if they're going to do a second OST with the first two. I assumed that all the missing songs were unremixed and the same as their VN versions, is that wrong?

Of course, I would like another soundtrack, especially if the alternative is leaving some music forever unreleased on any CD (which I guess could happen), it's just that the track choices here feel odd for being the first of two. And I'm seeing loads of anime-only music there, it looks like they must have covered just about everything on that front.
Old 2009-12-05, 12:26   Link #1388
ameskitty
Kupo

I'm assuming the moon on that tracklist is the remixed version - I almost want the OST just for that song (it was AMAZING in the drama CD...and well maybe I want two or three other original tracks) . Most of the original tracks and some of the remixes were...lackluster at best.

Plus a lot of other the remixes I kind of liked don't seem to be on that list .

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2009-12-06, 03:03   Link #1389
Impossible

Does anyone have links to any of the anime-specifc remixes they liked? I'd be interested in hearing where they played and listening for what was different, as I only noticed some of the time. I know the main reason I'm anticipating this is because I want a full version of this. And it better be the full version...
Old 2009-12-06, 23:26   Link #1390
Marion
The Great Dine

Some previews for the image album Rokkenjima in Love surfaced.

....yeaaaah not the best. Some nice singers but generally they sound nothing like the characters - not talking even anime wise they just don't sound like them (seriously the one singing Maria's image album song doesn't even attempt to sound younger). And they have some weird tracks, like the Stakes one (lyrics at one point: gouge gouge gouge, die die die) and yeah.

Confirmed on the album: Battler, Beato, Virgilia, Ange, Maria, Kyrie, Bern and the Stakes. There are also duets like a track to be set during the EP 3 battle between Virgilia and Beato and...a song duet between Kumasawa and Virgilia XD

Generally nice songs, but half the singers can't really sing at all, which kinda ruins the point of an image album.
Old 2009-12-06, 23:39   Link #1391
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

That's too bad DD: I was looking forward to it too..... I'll still give it a listen though^^
Old 2009-12-07, 00:41   Link #1392
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
....yeaaaah not the best. Some nice singers but generally they sound nothing like the characters - not talking even anime wise they just don't sound like them (seriously the one singing Maria's image album song doesn't even attempt to sound younger). And they have some weird tracks, like the Stakes one (lyrics at one point: gouge gouge gouge, die die die) and yeah.
That's actually because Image Album # Character song in its essence. If I have to say, Image Album songs are supposed to create an image of the character(s) personality/situation (i.e: EP 3 Magic Battle) being sung to, not whether Singer A sounds like Character B. It's more like to focus on rythims/melody and lyrics than whether it is a Character Song or not. Mainly because Image Album is sort of like 'contribution' to the series... Which is (a bit) different than Character song that focuses itself to make the character 'alive' and 'sing' to you.

That said I haven't given the preview a listen, so I can't really comment on it

(On the lyric of the stakes songs, you should have already guessed from the title, since "egurite *star*" can mean "Let's Gouge~~" )

Old 2009-12-07, 00:59   Link #1393
Marion
The Great Dine

Even then it bothers me that the singing itself is a bit meh. Some of it sounds great, but some of it sounds like they pulled someone off the street XD
Old 2009-12-07, 01:18   Link #1394
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Even then it bothers me that the singing itself is a bit meh. Some of it sounds great, but some of it sounds like they pulled someone off the street XD
I... Can't disagree with that

Now that I hear it already, can't say I am thrilled with Rekka Katakiri's deep voice much. AND WHAT THE @ ENKA'S KUMASAWA AND VIRGILLIA?! L.O.L.

That and Battler's image song preview was majority: OPPA(I). Ummm... Yeah, I heard "Zen Zen Dameda!" in the middle but seriously, c'mon!

The one that attracts me the most would be Bern's Image (zeisensetsu I think) though. Seriously, dai is really good at making composition for sung tracks *_*

That said, I seriously have heard the singer of Maria's song. And I... Love her voice actually. ;o I need to pull off where the heck have I heard her before though /headdesk

I mostly love the compositions of the songs, especially noted: dai, Alstroemeria Record and mewlist. Seems like I will hunt them down the most when the CD is out XD Too bad that they won't have instrumental only versions of the songs Not too much keen on "Reverse A Chessboard" only though D: Oh and the obligatory Enka

For those who have difficulty threading through Animate Website, here is the preview page Which also list that the fortune card in the CD is Maria and Sakutarou by 高苗京鈴/Takanae Keirei.

Old 2009-12-07, 23:24   Link #1395
ameskitty
Kupo

Aww, that's too bad. All the better that I didn't end up ordering it though :/.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2009-12-07, 23:41   Link #1396
Marion
The Great Dine

Ah so that's the image they decided to choose as the winner. Nice image but it doesn't really fit the entire "love" theme too well

Also Wheel of Fortune will be Maria and Sakutaro? But didn't they already have a card (The Sun)?
Old 2009-12-08, 00:15   Link #1397
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Ah so that's the image they decided to choose as the winner. Nice image but it doesn't really fit the entire "love" theme too well

Also Wheel of Fortune will be Maria and Sakutaro? But didn't they already have a card (The Sun)?
OH WAIT. SORRY I TRANSLATED IT LITERALLY. Fortune Card=Tarot Card, not exactly Wheel of Fortune. Sorry for the confusion since I was on Japanese assumption ;~;

But yes, the card features Maria and Sakutaro. WRY MARIA AGAIN. I WANT A TEMPERANCE VIRGILLIA :/ By another artist to boot.

Old 2009-12-08, 00:50   Link #1398
Marion
The Great Dine

Ahh I see

Still it's weird. Maria already was on The Sun and Sakutaro was by her to. I don't see why she needs another card to be featured on :U
Old 2009-12-08, 05:14   Link #1399
urusai

Quote:
Most of the artists on the image album are from the doujin (indie) scene -- a nod to Umineko's roots. They're not professionals, by and large.
Old 2009-12-08, 05:41   Link #1400
Impossible

I wish they would at least do instrumental versions on the album as well. It might help as a backup in case of mediocre singing, to do justice to the awesome music of Umineko's composers - who manage to be doujin musicians without sounding amateur at all. Sometimes I just want to appreciate the music.
Closed Thread