AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-17, 05:28   Link #20421
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ By Scientific angels I also meant to include awakened Accel and kakine you know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Again, everything is theoretical. We're not sure if Takitsubo can even have that high an ability, given that the highest we've seen was against Mikoto, and even then she had a hard time doing it for a long time.
Theories are just enough to scare people to death ... but since I like Takitsubou I already got past the denial phase. Now I don't mind anymore if it really does happen or now.
Old 2012-10-17, 06:10   Link #20422
whitecloud

But anyway...level 5 when versus current enemies that we have right now really are disadvantaged isn't it...I mean we got othinus, dvergr, thor, mjolnir and each of them is very strong...
Old 2012-10-17, 06:48   Link #20423
ellifeedn
Thinker

The magic side in general had centuries to achieve the power it does while the science side, i.e. Academy City, is at best a few decades old.
Old 2012-10-17, 07:07   Link #20424
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Given that almost all the known Level 5s are middle to high school, I would say the technology to make Level 5s only came about in the last one or two decades.
Old 2012-10-17, 07:11   Link #20425
desrtsku
Nympholept

Who cares about those weak LV.5s anymore when you can mass produce Fridge-kun's powers? (putting Accel and Gunha aside of course) One little injection and you can enter the territory of God
Old 2012-10-17, 07:24   Link #20426
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I'm more worried for the Saints, where are they hiding? was supposed to have been about 20, but appeared only 4 so far.
Old 2012-10-17, 09:16   Link #20427
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I rather see more Valkyries...
Old 2012-10-17, 09:18   Link #20428
deathevn
sin eater

with so many overpower magician in the city i was hoping this volumen was going to be a big war between gremling, Ollerus side and alister, but now it look like inst going to happend, dont get me wrong i am liking this volumen so far, but after so many volumen I was hoping to get something more on ollerus, and alister than ollerus have a weird power and alister has a even more weird power, and now we have othinus with also a weird power and dont get me star wiht touma, we just got a explanation but it really didnt clarify anything. i want to know what this conflict is really about before i turn 125 years old.
Old 2012-10-17, 09:22   Link #20429
Breidaluk

Don't forget that the Xians will appear too!
Old 2012-10-17, 10:20   Link #20430
desrtsku
Nympholept

There probably will be more dentists in the future too!
Old 2012-10-17, 10:36   Link #20431
judasmartel
*Author

Is it possible for an esper to finally defeat a magician by himself or herself? Sure, AC wins against mages most of the time due to advanced technologies, but it's kinda sad that the non-Angel Level Five Espers are on the short end of the power stick.

I don't know, but I really haven't heard of an AC esper defeating a magician in combat (unless you count Touma, who technically isn't either one of them).
Old 2012-10-17, 10:52   Link #20432
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Is it possible for an esper to finally defeat a magician by himself or herself? Sure, AC wins against mages most of the time due to advanced technologies, but it's kinda sad that the non-Angel Level Five Espers are on the short end of the power stick.

I don't know, but I really haven't heard of an AC esper defeating a magician in combat (unless you count Touma, who technically isn't either one of them).
That's because AC deliberately avoid conflict between espers and magicians, so as not to upset the balance

No matter what power, the espers are students. Except for students involved in the dark side, their battle experience is limited to skirmishes.
I assume level 3 are equivalent to the average non-combative, level 4 to combat-orientated and level 5 to elite magicians.
Saints are (slightly) above level 5, while the planet-buster tier is most likely the theoretical level 6.
Old 2012-10-17, 11:13   Link #20433
Breidaluk

The gap between a Saint and a lvl 5 is still too big. Even acelerator can only got at 850km/h. Of course, that depends of the enemies and the type of powers they have
Old 2012-10-17, 11:13   Link #20434
Acer
Death to the infidels!

The truth is that if we think on a personal level, disregarding the technology in the academy city, the espers would be at a great disadvantage in a direct confrontation, I doubt they would be annihilated like flies, but if we think that there normal magicians who have techniques that obviously would work for levels 5, as one example among Styil using the Innocentius vs Mikoto (of course i am just guessing), and he is not elite as she is, to give notice that on a indivual level there is a big difference, but fortunately the Alester not need of espers to protect yourself.

But the biggest drawback is the espers not know anything about magic, because of "brainwashing" think it would be difficult to understand or accept, we Mikoto as a basis for this.
Old 2012-10-17, 11:18   Link #20435
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Theoretically, if Takitsubo becomes a Level 5, she would be able to manipulate the powers of Accel and Kakine, leading to her supreme position as a Level 6. That is what was theoretically possible, but with her body not being up to it, I doubt we'll see that plot emerging for the time being.
Didn't they say that since her body was purged of the toxins she could do it now?
Old 2012-10-17, 11:37   Link #20436
Breidaluk

its still too far for her to reach that level. And she could only create slight interference in other espers's powers.
Old 2012-10-17, 12:10   Link #20437
Miraluka
Banned

Guys, what its said is that the path needed for Rikou to reach the Level 5 now is clear open, maybe now with Clear Body gone she has the qualities of a Level 5 already, its just she doesn't has the chance to show it off btb.
Old 2012-10-17, 12:25   Link #20438
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Saints are (slightly) above level 5, while the planet-buster tier is most likely the theoretical level 6.
And why would LV.6 just be a Planet Buster when the other theoretical monster known as Holistic Esper is a potential threat to the universe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
The gap between a Saint and a lvl 5 is still too big. Even acelerator can only got at 850km/h. Of course, that depends of the enemies and the type of powers they have
Heh?! ... Are we talking about the same LV.5s? The same Accelerator who could slow down the earth rotation by 5 minutes, who can slightly control magic on the level of a Christian Archangel's wings, who can sprout wings and stop a potential super-continent buster/life-wiper attack?
And kakine who can create any imaginable kind of energy, generate organs and limbs out of thin air?
And Gunha who's a mini Clack Kent that can supposedly be stronger than Ollerus himself if he were to understand his own freaking ability?
And even Mugino who can fire 10000 beams at the same time if drugged with body clear?
Old 2012-10-17, 12:50   Link #20439
Acer
Death to the infidels!

We just saw two saints fight seriously in serie: Kanzaki and Acqua, and by what these two have shown, with the exception of the Accelerator, it sThere lose to the others you mentioned anything, God, Acqua was incredible too.

The physical abilities of a saint are absurd, though I Admit that Mugino is a monster, do not believe she would win a fight with them, at least she would outlook capable of reacting to attack any of them?

ps: Gunha deserves a side story
Old 2012-10-17, 13:17   Link #20440
Breidaluk

With Gunha's power he can go a one-on-one with a saint but we can't be too sure about the results. Accelerator still can't use Level 6, so he still is at disvantage. And lets not forget that he almost died just by activating a simple spell.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen