AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-01-26, 22:37   Link #201
novalysis

What's Ginko's relationship with Kureha outside the wall? This episode seemed to imply that they've met before, in some circumstance Kureha is unaware of currently. And the prince is a badass.

Also, this episode goes a very, very long way in humanizing Lulu. Naturally, we can't take the narrative at Face Value, but I do think that this episode was meant to be a commentary on the East Asian cultural trope of male preference, what it does to poison sibling relationships and so on. Lulu uses Ginko to fulfil her regret by proxy.

While this is an unlikely theory... could it be that Ginka is Sumika all along? Could it be that each human has a bear counterpart? Is Kureha's memories truly reliable? What really lies outside the Wall of Severance?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-26, 23:15   Link #202
IceHism

That was the best episode of this series yet. Just absolutely amazing.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 00:38   Link #203
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

That Lulu backstory brought a tear to me eyes.

Nah, just joking. Was bawling like a kid. Especially when the prince cause of death is revealed

Best episode so far, and one of the best anime episode this season in fact
Old 2015-01-27, 00:44   Link #204
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
What's Ginko's relationship with Kureha outside the wall? This episode seemed to imply that they've met before, in some circumstance Kureha is unaware of currently. And the prince is a badass.

While this is an unlikely theory... could it be that Ginka is Sumika all along? Could it be that each human has a bear counterpart? Is Kureha's memories truly reliable? What really lies outside the Wall of Severance?
Ginko has Kureha's mother's pendant. Maybe they were together as kids? Ginko said she was already a criminal-bear even before leaving Bear kingdom so maybe she lived outside before coming inside.

Sumika does seem like a pretty big mystery. Maybe she's actually a projection of Kureha using memories of her pasts? Although the fact that Sumika was eaten kind of puts a damper on that theory.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 01:01   Link #205
The Green One

Watching all the ways Lulu tried to off her brother only for him to return reminded me of the song "The cat came back"
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 01:12   Link #206
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Have to say this episode was perfect. What's a way to explore a character background

When they started an episode with the bear trial, and they ask Lulu whether she want to give up on love or on kisses, i was like: "man, what are these bears talking about, aren't the two really similar".

But by the end of it, when they played the whole sequence again (it's incredible how the same screen gave a completely different feeling then), it was clear. Lulu was put in to decide on her future. Follow Ginko, believe in Ginko's love and help with her quest for self-satisfactory (while being hopeful that once they achieved, maybe some miracle will help her to see her brother once more). Or just stay behind and get showered by affections (kisses) from the Kingdom and the incoming princes, but will never be able to believe/ achieve true love.

If that is the trend, i have a feeling the first three episodes will be a lot more meaningful once we understand all of the special term being used in this anime, and what do they actually indicate

PS: Lulu's "DESIRE" sounds incredibly adorable btw

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2015-01-27 at 01:31.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 01:41   Link #207
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
But by the end of it, when they played the whole sequence again, it was clear. Lulu was put in to decide on her future. Follow Ginko, believe in Ginko's love and help with her quest for self-satisfactory (while being hopeful that once they achieved, maybe some miracle will help her to see her brother once more). Or just stay behind and get showered by affections (kisses) from the Kingdom and the incoming princes, but will never be able to believe/ achieve true love.
It's not exactly like that. Even if Lulu follows Ginko and helps her achieve her love, she will never achieve true love herself. Her only chance at true love is lost forever (unless a miracle does happen and she really meets her brother again). That's why when the court asked her if she really wants to give up on kisses, she said it's okay because she already lost the chance to have her "promised kiss" anyway. "Promised kiss" means true love.

Lulu lost her chance, so she helps Ginko instead. It's like an old athlete who never managed to win a gold medal, so now he trains a promising young athlete instead. He lives his dream through his pupil. It's the same with Lulu. She's living her frustrated love through Ginko.
Old 2015-01-27, 05:51   Link #208
tsunade666

Episode 4 color yuri kuma into something real different to me. I never expected that back story. At first I was also confused on what's happening with the early trial but the ending helps. Though I didn't understand most of the symbolism used like what does the bee symbolize with? but its heart rending for me to see the prince die and the promise kiss lost.

Its really sad and Ginko just continues to be mystery with small clue here and there but still a mystery.
Old 2015-01-27, 06:30   Link #209
VORTIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Though I didn't understand most of the symbolism used like what does the bee symbolize with?
Her guarded heart, presumably. The bee is mostly present as a visible barrier between Lulu and others, and attacks those who try to get close to her. If a promised kiss is honey, it's only proper that it be guarded by a bee.
VORTIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 09:38   Link #210
revive4563

I have to say this.

Shaba-da-doo.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 12:42   Link #211
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Damn, Prince Mirun is so badass that he's doing great lengths to get that honey for Lulu's kisses! Too bad that he got stung and died... Poor kid!

Anyways, I'm hoping that next week would focus on Ginko-chan and her backstory. I wanna see if she's a reincarnated Sumika Izumino or Reia Tsubaki.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 15:02   Link #212
Lota

Ok, I completely wasn't expecting it, but I actually shed a tear (or two... or more) as well. Lulu's story, just on a personal level, was quite moving. I mean sure, there are siblings that get along really well, but most are like that. As an older sister I can relate that at that young age younger siblings are usually more annoying than fun, so I totally get her feelings, but then people become older and get over that (mostly). And her little brother just... died. Be careful what you wish for, right? That was just... really sad
Old 2015-01-27, 21:19   Link #213
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by VORTIA View Post
Her guarded heart, presumably. The bee is mostly present as a visible barrier between Lulu and others, and attacks those who try to get close to her. If a promised kiss is honey, it's only proper that it be guarded by a bee.
Thank you. Because I couldn't figure out what the hell the bee was for as well. I figured it was some kind of guard since Sexy Bear and his cohorts were like 'WHOAAA".

Wasn't expecting Lulu to have a sad backstory though I"m horrible because everytime she tried to kill her brother in the box and kicks him like a football, I lol'd.

It's starting to make some sense now; so Ginko and Kureha's mother are connected somehow.

Shaba ba doo
Old 2015-01-27, 21:27   Link #214
The Green One

In the OP there's a shot of a human child's hand, it's really small, touching a black bear paw. Ginko saw Kureha for the first time when she was just a little girl is what it seems to imply. She's probably tied up in what happened to Kureha's mother too. Wether or not she is the cause or its the teacher is unknown yet.....
Old 2015-01-28, 00:55   Link #215
Nicaea

I'm still wondering what symbolism that bee held. Was it an inexperienced Lulu's way of protecting herself out of fear for intimacy, or ?

I wonder if Ginko ate Kureha's mom. Though the teacher might have done it.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 03:06   Link #216
The Green One

Looks like next week's episode title is "I Want You To Myself". Thoughts?
Old 2015-01-30, 13:54   Link #217
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-01-30, 19:23   Link #218
Maxulous
mono no aware

Funny, smart and an effective episode to flesh out Lulu's character. It raised the show (and bar on back story episodes) to another level and dispelled earlier concerns regarding character depth. Not a show for the blind and deaf. The visuals and music were stunningly beautiful as expected from Ikuhara - I don't think Silver Link has ever looked quite this good.

Quote:
Looks like next week's episode title is "I Want You To Myself". Thoughts?
Return of Yurizono?
Maxulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 23:09   Link #219
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

NSFW
bathing girls
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 23:27   Link #220
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sexy Bear be all, "I"MMA GONNA GET SOME TITTIES SHABBA BA BOO!'

Tags
surrealism, yuri