AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-03-08, 18:05   Link #12681
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Yep, that is a good question, what else can they do for this series, I mean unless the upcoming freshman class is bad ass or get a serious contender for Zenkichi/or Medaka and they break up, then the end is here.
Old 2013-03-08, 18:07   Link #12682
Wolfenstein

Well, Zen's mother did say that he had a looong way to travel. Maybe that's very subtle foreshadowing to future events.

Zenkichi vs His Father arc would be cool.
Old 2013-03-08, 18:10   Link #12683
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Personally, I wouldn't mind the series going on break. I like Nishio's work but it felt like this arc was not all that interesting. Maybe Nishio should take a break from MB so he can come back with something strong for the next arc. That's just how I feel at least. Hopefully the next arc will be better.

Last edited by KleenexGhost; 2013-03-08 at 18:21.
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 18:34   Link #12684
Tenchi Hou Take

Chapter wasn't too bad, nothing amazing or anything but a decent enough transition chapter. The one thing I haven't really liked post Aijimu saga, has been the overall lack of a plot/goal. Right now I'm thinking about where the story could go now, and it's not in the positive sort of way, where's there's several good scenario's. A serious arc villain in this manga is pretty much gone, Nisio can't pull an Iihiko again, and all tension from character deaths are pretty much gone.

That leaves some slice of life shit, romance shit, or random shit with the MC being practically invinceable ergo black wedding arc. Even Kumagawa's longest running plot point has gone. So we're pretty much at Dragonball stage where Nisio is extending this for the sake of extending this. Either that or *shudder* romance based angst...
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 18:41   Link #12685
silver001

What a boring chapter. Predictable, except for ihiko still around, which means my favorite character after zen is coming back.

Since they went through all the trouble of bringing back Ajimu, it means the author is finally warming up to Zen X Ajimu.
silver001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 18:41   Link #12686
Homura7

I have a little idea of what the next arc is gonna be about. It will be mainly focused on Medaka's 'The End' and all its secrets only Oudo saw once, and of course in the setout prior to the marriage ceremony.

I'm of the opinion Medaka herself should be the last 'enemy'.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 18:42   Link #12687
Wolfenstein

Zen vs His Dad could avoid all of those problems.
Old 2013-03-08, 18:48   Link #12688
Homura7

No really, none of you noticed when Medaka went End God Mode? Her hair glowed dark and had flame patterns at the end, as if Medaka was slowly becoming the same as Iihiko.

Zenkichi meeting with his dad is out of question.
Old 2013-03-08, 18:53   Link #12689
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
I think they're going to go to a different dimension now. Or back in time. Or forward in time!
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 18:56   Link #12690
Tenchi Hou Take

I don't give a crap a crap about Medaka's part in the next arc, if this arc has taught me anything, it was that if Nisio actually tries and actually gives Zenkichi the arc villain fight it can at least be more climatic than the climax of any other Medaka cenered arc battle in this manga. So give me either at least Kumagawa or Zenkichi arc battle at least or I won't give a shit.

I know he won't and it'll probably be Medaka solo arc battles from here on out, but I will only give a shit about an arc if he spreads out arcs battles, otherwise i've honestly stopped caring.
Old 2013-03-08, 18:56   Link #12691
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Zenkichi meeting with his dad is out of question.
I'm certain it at least has a chance of happening.

Also, there's so much stuff that still needs to be explained. Like what Nienami's deal is. Or what Fukurou was going to say before his death.
Old 2013-03-08, 18:58   Link #12692
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
I'm certain it at least has a chance of happening.

Also, there's so much stuff that still needs to be explained. Like what Nienami's deal is. Or what Fukurou was going to say before his death.
That's a point is Fukurou actually dead since Iihiko's powers have stopped working, considering he would be the only person in this manga that actually is dead.
Old 2013-03-08, 19:00   Link #12693
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

@Kurusu I would love for them to go back to the focus being on abnormalities, especially The End. Hell, just the name of the ability itself had me thinking that Medaka was going to be the final opponent.

@Wolfenstein Tell me how you would set up Zen vs his dad. It's an interesting idea.

I feel the same as Tenchi, ever since the Ajimu arc ended there is really no sense of plot or goal. Which is why I like the idea of Zen vs Medaka as the final battle. Explain more of what The End is and build on the fact that Medaka will bring about the end of the world and that only Zenkichi can stop her or something like that.
Old 2013-03-08, 19:01   Link #12694
Homura7

Nienami has inherited Ajimu's will and powers, mark my words. Hell, anyone knows there's only one person in the series who would stick out her tongue while smiling and doing the Glittering Star gesture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
@Kurusu I would love for them to go back to the focus being on abnormalities, especially The End. Hell, just the name of the ability itself had me thinking that Medaka was going to be the final opponent.
So I'm not the only one, glad to know. At this point and with Iihiko gone, there's no one else stronger than Medaka.
Old 2013-03-08, 19:04   Link #12695
Lupus753

Well, Zen's school graduation speech was painful to read. In that regard, it was highly realistic. Kuma's speech was a bit better. Then again, if Kuma thinks his life is all that terrible then he must not know much about the world. He also has a definition of "winning" that I still can't comprehend.

I also have no idea where it can go. When I saw the last page, I was like, "That's it?! I demand the money I didn't spend on this back! Oh, new developments? Okay..." Still, I hope it won't turn out to be Medaka's post-Shura arc (Fist of the North Star reference, ha!). Examining her The End and becoming monstrous is a good bet for me.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 19:06   Link #12696
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Nienami has inherited Ajimu's will and powers, mark my words. Hell, anyone knows there's only one person in the series who would stick out her tongue while smiling and doing the Glittering Star gesture.

So I'm not the only one, glad to know. At this point and with Iihiko gone, there's no one else stronger than Medaka.
But are we really going to redo Zenkichi vs Medaka part 3 or swap him for another character. I can't see Nisio turning Medaka into an actual villain as we've been through this twice. I just don't see it. Even in the Aijimu arc Zenkichi never actually fought Medaka, despite the fact he originally specifically trained for it.
Old 2013-03-08, 19:10   Link #12697
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
But are we really going to redo Zenkichi vs Medaka part 3 or swap him for another character. I can't see Nisio turning Medaka into an actual villain as we've been through this twice. I just don't see it. Even in the Aijimu arc Zenkichi never actually fought Medaka, despite the fact he originally specifically trained for it.
When did I say Zenkichi should fight her again? It's more about saving Medaka than facing her off. I've long come to the conclusion that one day her own abnormality will end up eating her up. The End God Mode is a clear sign.
Old 2013-03-08, 19:12   Link #12698
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
huuh so Medaka fought against War-Gold huh? http://medakabox.wikia.com/wiki/Grea..._King_War-Gold
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 19:16   Link #12699
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
When did I say Zenkichi should fight her again? It's more about saving Medaka than facing her off. I've long come to the conclusion that one day her own abnormality will end up eating her up. The End God Mode is a clear sign.
But like I said we've been through even that plot point, just exchange The End eating her up with Medaka II, or her distorting Zenkichi's ideal. We've "saved" Medaka twice. I just find it weird if we save her a third time. She's not the sort of character that really needs saving.
Old 2013-03-08, 19:16   Link #12700
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

They don't have to fight, but The End should be a major plot point of the next arc.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council