AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Whom does Mikoto love?
Reito 4 9.09%
Mai 26 59.09%
Has mixed feelings, can't really tell for sure. 14 31.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-16, 19:59   Link #1
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Mikoto's Dearest One?

To me, it seems that Mikoto has mixed feelings revolving around Mai and Reito both. Does she truly love either one of them, "in that way?"
Old 2006-03-16, 20:10   Link #2
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

You know a HiME's dearest doesn't have to be from romantic love, Nao's mom was hers.
Old 2006-03-16, 20:37   Link #3
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazakura
To me, it seems that Mikoto has mixed feelings revolving around Mai and Reito both. Does she truly love either one of them, "in that way?"
Oh what the hay...

Reito's the brother Mikoto's been searching for a few years now. She has a strong sisterly love with Reito and calls him 'Ani-ue' all the time but no, she doesn't 'love' him.

Mai's like her older sister/mother figure who cooks her yummy food and keeps Mikoto smiling and genki. Mai's her favorite person in the entire world right now but no, she doesn't 'love' Mai.

Mikoto doesn't know about that sort of love - it hasn't hit her yet so she doesn't think about it much but she wants to know about it. She kept asking Mai 'What is love?' while they were battling. She's curious about it but she doesn't know enough about love to say that she 'romantically loves' someone. Personally, I'd pity the smuck with who she 'falls' for.
Old 2006-03-16, 20:56   Link #4
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Reito's the brother Mikoto's been searching for a few years now. She has a strong sisterly love with Reito and calls him 'Ani-ue' all the time but no, she doesn't 'love' him.
Reito is really Mikoto's true brother? I remember that in the flashback, Mikoto's brother had gold eyes. But Reito only has gold eyes when he's possessed by the OL. Or did Mikoto's brother turn into that OL thing.
Old 2006-03-16, 21:12   Link #5
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Reito is really Mikoto's true brother? I remember that in the flashback, Mikoto's brother had gold eyes. But Reito only has gold eyes when he's possessed by the OL. Or did Mikoto's brother turn into that OL thing.
Reito's fully truly her brother. He was the vessel of OL - that's why he was sent off/disappeared before Mikoto went to Fuuka Gauken. The old man also told Mikoto that she was to love no one else but her brother because she was HiME. OL just used the 'brother/sister' connection to make Mikoto's loyalty assured.
Old 2006-03-17, 00:30   Link #6
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

in MH i would have chose both..mix feeling
but in MO..retio doesnt exist in mikoto world..so dearest will be mai..since they lived together for such a long time in dark valley..she also needed mai cuisine to survive ... or else this is wat she has to say before dying.."mou.. dame da"
Old 2006-03-17, 11:08   Link #7
kazekiri

If you're thinking of MIPs as relates to Child summoning, Mikoto's a really weird case since she was given both her Element and Child by someone else (granted, that 'someone else' was Reito/OL but I don't think that matters). As for love, I'd agree that she really doesn't know enough yet to really think about anyone that way. I'm reminded of a cute scene where she's stringing up ribbons in the auditorium (supposed to be for the one person you love) and has one for everyone she knows. Now in Otome on the other hand...
Closed Thread