AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-07, 01:37   Link #781
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Spoiler for felt bad for..:
Call me cruel, but I found that part funny. And he was pretty nonchalant about it too.

Pretty ironic, if you ask me.

Spoiler:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 01:39   Link #782
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

I can't believe I enjoyed this! As someone already said, all the fanservice somehow was a nice contrast to the gore aspect.

Geez, Rei's a b*tch. But Takashi is a really nice main character and I also think Saya has potential. Can I ship them? Guess not.

I sincerely hope there'll be some character development, I guess all the yubikiri story made me think that maybe there'll be something more than gore gore panties.

I just started reading the manga, since I can't wait for next episode.
Nijuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 01:58   Link #783
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Then they should take that to the manga thread and keep it out of here.
No need to do that. Those post, there calling her a bitch based on the first ep no spoilers are being given out, she really is a bitch.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 02:16   Link #784
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Wow, Rei is the definition of wangst...everything else in the episode was awesome
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 02:31   Link #785
JediNight
キズランダム

I expect her to be whiny in the future (Marina Inoue specializes in whining and screaming hehe...), but at the same time her reaction in Ep1 was understandable.

Take your average HS girl whose whole life is just her boyfriend, shopping, etc and suddenly everyone is getting gruesomely killed around her. Then she has to watch her BF turn into a zombie and her childhood friend have to splatter his head all over the pavement .... would leave you a little unhinged imho...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 02:36   Link #786
ZeKeR
Superbad

well its takashi's fault for being indecisive thats why rei is one stuck up bitch
Old 2010-07-07, 02:40   Link #787
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I expect her to be whiny in the future (Marina Inoue specializes in whining and screaming hehe...), but at the same time her reaction in Ep1 was understandable.

Take your average HS girl whose whole life is just her boyfriend, shopping, etc and suddenly everyone is getting gruesomely killed around her. Then she has to watch her BF turn into a zombie and her childhood friend have to splatter his head all over the pavement .... would leave you a little unhinged imho...
Yeah, she got a little crazy didn't she? I wonder what Takashi would've did if she had let him go fight the zombies....
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 03:46   Link #788
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Thanks for the guys that pm'd me the subs. DL now.

Man if there is a second on my list of watch this IS IT! Love the zombie eat your brains out theme.
Old 2010-07-07, 03:57   Link #789
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
From what I've heard it's only 13 episodes, but an anime as epic as this one just deserves a second season!
Is there still a possible extension being done....I think they did that with Shikabane Hime at one point as in the next season had a follow up right away.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 04:18   Link #790
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Is there still a possible extension being done....I think they did that with Shikabane Hime at one point as in the next season had a follow up right away.
I believe the problem here though is there not being enough material to animated, where as Shikabane Hime when down it's own path instead of following the manga (it did that though right from the start). I believe i speak for all the manga readers here, when i say that we don't want that to happen with this show.
Old 2010-07-07, 04:29   Link #791
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I believe the problem here though is there not being enough material to animated, where as Shikabane Hime when down it's own path instead of following the manga (it did that though right from the start). I believe i speak for all the manga readers here, when i say that we don't want that to happen with this show.
Considering the manga is pretty faithful to it's premise and to it's influences (I'm slowly but surely catching up with it right now), any alterations to the conclusions presents a radical change in direction that really won't sit well with fans. That is of course the author intends to let the series conclude in semi-parallel with the manga (which to my information is what is intended, similar to Cross Game at least).

Unless he actually already finished it, if so I really need to hurry up with my reading/staring/ogling.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 05:28   Link #792
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
But anyways (hoping people will restrain themselves soon):
http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-5721.html

Hey, surprise! It seems the first channel that shows the anime (AT-X) is actually the CENSORED one and the channels that broadcast the anime later are non-censored.
You'll have to compare by watching the two versions yourself to find all of the differences, but there is a GIF comparison of the scene where the teacher jumps to his death. Also, something about panties being a different color.
I thought the teacher's suicide scene felt off and when I watched the trailer again I noticed it didn't fade. Guess my hunch was right. Ahh, how unfortunate, I thought ATX would never do this given their track record.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 05:31   Link #793
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Awesome... In a sick kind of way. But awesome!

We definitely need a separate discussion for this series.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 05:33   Link #794
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
We definitely need a separate discussion for this series.
I really don't see how we do, i mean what more is there to talk about that can't be said in this thread? Or do people really want threads like 'your favorite zombie death' to happen?
Old 2010-07-07, 05:33   Link #795
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post

Why can't zombies be serious?
Why does it have to be serious?

Quote:

There are loads of serious people who look at the premise of zombies, and discuss the likeliness of such an event occuring.
Last I checked, it's a bunch of internet nerds who discuss about how do they plan to survive and which weapon they will use. Hardly something to be taken seriosuly.

Quote:
Nevermind the sociological aspect of a widespread disease, containment, cure/zombie genocide , and the psychological aspect of having to kill people you know.
The sociological aspect is mostly a staple of Romero's movies, but commentary on society and sociology does not make the zombie genre.

Quote:
The fact you are trying to make excuses for it is quite ridiculous really.
Oh duh, maybe next time we will put "This manga is drawn by a hentai artist" in big bold underlined red flashing letters in the topic. That's not about making excuse, that's about throwing a hissy fit about fanservice in a work known for zombies, guns, and big titties.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 05:38   Link #796
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Why does it have to be serious?

Last I checked, it's a bunch of internet nerds who discuss about how do they plan to survive and which weapon they will use. Hardly something to be taken seriosuly.

The sociological aspect is mostly a staple of Romero's movies, but commentary on society and sociology does not make the zombie genre.

Oh duh, maybe next time we will put "This manga is drawn by a hentai artist" in big bold underlined red flashing letters in the topic. That's not about making excuse, that's about throwing a hissy fit about fanservice in a work known for zombies, guns, and big titties.
I think RedWing has already accepted and come to terms with the fact that this show is meant to be ridiculous and has shown intent to just ignore it.
Old 2010-07-07, 05:41   Link #797
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I don't know about the sociological stuff being pinned directly on Romero. He is certainly the most popular one for the zombie movies, but he is HARDLY the first. In fact, most 'horror' mythology and novels and fictions and even Hitchcock thrillers were always about some kind of a social-ailment that pervades the supernatural sensation of horror of his films.

Stuff like Helsing mythology, vampire mythology and especially something like the Frankenstein novel just reeks of sociological study of how humans create and deal with fear.

As for the anime itself.. WOW. I can't believe a silly little group of semi-hentai drawings became a manga and now an anime. Now that is called being inspired.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 05:54   Link #798
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I really don't see how we do, i mean what more is there to talk about that can't be said in this thread? Or do people really want threads like 'your favorite zombie death' to happen?
Character discussion for most, theories on where the brain scavengers came from, music discussion, image thread for lots of Rei/Saya/Saeko/etc., weekly episode discussion and last but not least, your favourite zombie death
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 05:57   Link #799
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Unfortunately, coming from pixiv dweller, I can testify that there hardly any fanart for this anime/manga.

学園黙示録 <- the pixv tag for those who want to browse.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 06:00   Link #800
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Unfortunately, coming from pixiv dweller, I can testify that there hardly any fanart for this anime/manga.

学園黙示録 <- the pixv tag for those who want to browse.
Who needs fanart when the manga and the series pretty much satisfies anything fanart could do?

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse