AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-09-05, 15:37   Link #3301
tsunade666

I'm not sure on what volume is licensed by ones a novel is license they take it down just like haruhi and bungako shoujo.

vol 1 is already released and this is the first time I heard its been licensed. There should be at least a notice but it looks like no one notice it.
Old 2013-09-05, 16:53   Link #3302
Maverick Entity
Simple Observer

How in the world does a series considered dead by quite a few fans suddenly get licensed...

I only had volumes 1-6 pdf form saved, and was looking forward to seeing the current translators work come to fruition towards the end of the year.

"Sighs and looks at Real Sword Dragunov replica nearby"
Old 2013-09-05, 19:53   Link #3303
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Please understand that asking or posting info about licensed content is not allowed here. If people continue to ask about this now licensed title, they will have their accounts banned.

Do not try to go around this by posting info or links on profiles and/or social groups either.
Old 2013-09-05, 22:00   Link #3304
ZeKeR
Superbad

so thats why its gone.... sad.
Old 2013-09-06, 00:23   Link #3305
tsunade666

truly sad. It might be a blessing in disguise we can wait for a few years until it reach the latest volumes but I really don't like e-buks T_T

I feel I will waste my money on it.
Old 2013-09-06, 02:13   Link #3306
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Truly a sad news indeed. Only well... I guess this series has been long screwed up from the very first place, since Sherlock was gone.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 04:58   Link #3307
Saito123

https://www.emanga.com/about

''We carry the DMG imprint, which are titles localized by fans for fans.''

So a BT rip-off with earning money?
Saito123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 07:34   Link #3308
blackwhite67
Banned

*sigh* Normally, like SAO and Accel World, I'd wait for the novels in english to reach the current volume and read them, but since this novel has so few fans it'll probably be dropped by the publisher before long.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-09-06 at 15:11.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 08:36   Link #3309
Ramen00

this happens when we finally get some new translators OTL
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 09:03   Link #3310
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Just you wait, that E-manga company will not last long, as do most small-scale licensing companies who enter the light novel industry. I mean, of all the stuff to pick up it's the twelve-volume Hidan no Aria.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 09:22   Link #3311
Wigwams

Their best sellers are yaoi manga.

Anyway they also have alot of H manga there... they should have focused on those...

Anyway where can i find the summaries?
Old 2013-09-06, 12:04   Link #3312
Saito123

Good news fellow HnA fans. The translator KanzakiAria will still continue to translate the series, but he will be hosting it on his blog.

http://tokyobuteihigh.wordpress.com/

I'll try to keep you guys updated on this whole ''licensed'' thing.
Old 2013-09-06, 12:09   Link #3313
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

And I just finished volume 8 a few days ago after putting it on hold for about a whole year. Oh well.
belatkuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 15:49   Link #3314
blackwhite67
Banned

I'm sorry. Can someone just confirm with a simple yes or no? Hidan no Aria, the same series that has been dead for a while, was just licensed and the novel is being published in ENGLISH? And how the hell did we just find out about it now? I go to ANN everyday and I haven't seen a single announcement about this.
Old 2013-09-07, 01:38   Link #3315
HasuMasu
*Artist

It was really recent development, I think.
Old 2013-09-07, 10:45   Link #3316
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saito123 View Post
https://www.emanga.com/about

''We carry the DMG imprint, which are titles localized by fans for fans.''

So a BT rip-off with earning money?
Well, not exactly. BT is a hoster. What eManga probably did was they bought a license from the publisher to sell this manga with a english localization in America. Basically what they're talking about is they hire someone to "fan" translate it. Its cheaper than hiring a official translator directly since they charge you per kanji or something. Its nothing new Yen and Viz and whoever they all do this. They localize from well known jap=> english translators. If i remember correctly majority of the translations for Aria where form the Chinese source. Anyone who does this officially would not being using the Chinese source they should be using the official Japanese source instead. The reason why they're trying to do epub is because physical is hard to sell in the west. Viz proved that fact by going bankrupt. Well at least in America. Ironically its the total opposite to japan who would rather sell physical copies compared to digital ones. Plus major bookstores are a dying breed in America. It means in order to sell physically they would need to sell a lot of copies online. If they don't they'd just lost a lot of money from printing cost. what America really needs is something similar to Barnes, but sells Light novels. Too bad I can't picture this happening since the Light Novel niche is really small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I'm sorry. Can someone just confirm with a simple yes or no? Hidan no Aria, the same series that has been dead for a while, was just licensed and the novel is being published in ENGLISH? And how the hell did we just find out about it now? I go to ANN everyday and I haven't seen a single announcement about this.
Hidan was never dead, people just loss interest. Anything that get licensed in English either EU or NA will have the translation removed either when the first volume gets published or when it reaches a month. There are other sources than ANN to find news you know. A lot of times ANN is hasty and incorrect.

Last edited by Drkz; 2013-09-07 at 10:56.
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 15:28   Link #3317
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Well, not exactly. BT is a hoster. What eManga probably did was they bought a license from the publisher to sell this manga with a english localization in America. Basically what they're talking about is they hire someone to "fan" translate it. Its cheaper than hiring a official translator directly since they charge you per kanji or something. Its nothing new Yen and Viz and whoever they all do this. They localize from well known jap=> english translators. If i remember correctly majority of the translations for Aria where form the Chinese source. Anyone who does this officially would not being using the Chinese source they should be using the official Japanese source instead. The reason why they're trying to do epub is because physical is hard to sell in the west. Viz proved that fact by going bankrupt. Well at least in America. Ironically its the total opposite to japan who would rather sell physical copies compared to digital ones. Plus major bookstores are a dying breed in America. It means in order to sell physically they would need to sell a lot of copies online. If they don't they'd just lost a lot of money from printing cost. what America really needs is something similar to Barnes, but sells Light novels. Too bad I can't picture this happening since the Light Novel niche is really small.

Hidan was never dead, people just loss interest. Anything that get licensed in English either EU or NA will have the translation removed either when the first volume gets published or when it reaches a month. There are other sources than ANN to find news you know. A lot of times ANN is hasty and incorrect.
That's what I meant by dead and in any case you'd think that news this big would have made it to ANN.
Old 2013-09-07, 23:06   Link #3318
Yami no Ou
まおう

I never would have thought that this series will be licensed and it comes as a surprise to me
Old 2013-09-08, 01:59   Link #3319
B4timer

Is there someone that bought the vol 1
and how does it compare to the Fan translations
-term changes
-names
-do they use miko or Priestess,san ens ens

also if you want to buy it steps?
-make account
-pay
-will you need a special app?
-will i have to login or go on internet to read it?
-is it just like a nomal pdf,epub,mobi ens?

Last edited by B4timer; 2013-09-08 at 02:18.
B4timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 14:16   Link #3320
Saito123

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Normally, ANN would have made an announcement, but I suppose even they didn't know as DMG didn't even announce that they have licensed it.

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen