AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2006-10-16, 16:01   Link #201
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
For one thing, Lelouch isn't crybaby Kira in the first half of seed or Jesus Kira in second half of seed/seed destiny. So hopefully things will be different. Butts will be kicked and brains will be washed.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 18:46   Link #202
Haruka-Kun

Lelouch character is very interesting indeed. It is actually the first mecha show that I watch with the main character kind of evilish. While his supposedly best friend Suzuka is too nice for his own good. Even though this mecha anime is design by CLAMP, it is not CLAMP. So if people that is not a big fan of mecha, will be disappointed. As for myself: Clamp design + mecha = love . Actually, most mecha anime = love.

Since it is not done by Clamp, I don't really expect any BL or anything. But it not bad if the relationship between Lelouch and Suzuka is as cute/sweet as Soushi and Kazuki from Fafner.

Magus IX -- You are not the only one who keep your finger cross
Haruka-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 20:31   Link #203
Sevaasu
My World, My Rules

dunno about you but i think the openning is pretty sweet.....well mostly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCWpDD4I8-g
Sevaasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 20:33   Link #204
crystar
*yawns*

When I watched the first episode the first thing that came to mind was that the situation in this show (with Brittania taking over Japan) is so similer to a certain recent RPG game that I couldn't help but laugh for a bit (not in a bad way, I just thought it was amusing that I get these two stories thrown at me around the same time with an empire taking over another empire). Then there's the SEED vibes. Then the slight Death Note vibes.

I'm liking the show from just watching one episode though. I'm happy the main character isn't just some goody-goody doing whatever for the sake of justice or bla bla.

Thanks for subbing this gg Fansubs. I was reading this thread when this show came out and was totally out of it before when I saw nobody subbed this. Glad I won't have to miss out on it now.
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 20:50   Link #205
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystar View Post
When I watched the first episode the first thing that came to mind was that the situation in this show (with Brittania taking over Japan) is so similer to a certain recent RPG game that I couldn't help but laugh for a bit (not in a bad way, I just thought it was amusing that I get these two stories thrown at me around the same time with an empire taking over another empire). Then there's the SEED vibes. Then the slight Death Note vibes.

I'm liking the show from just watching one episode though. I'm happy the main character isn't just some goody-goody doing whatever for the sake of justice or bla bla.

Thanks for subbing this gg Fansubs. I was reading this thread when this show came out and was totally out of it before when I saw nobody subbed this. Glad I won't have to miss out on it now.
Final Fantasy XII?

And yeah...from the little excerpt on AniDB and ANN, I really didn't take an interest in the show. And yet after watching it, the first episode has surprised me. In a good way. That's two shows now where stills and excerpts have made me uninterested in a series, but watching the first episode has had the opposite effect (the other being Asatte no Houkou).
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 21:32   Link #206
Black_Sharingan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Why are so many people here that hate mecha anime, but rave about the Clamp designs. THIS IS NOT A CLAMP SERIES, OK, it is a mecha anime done by SUNRISE.
You're the one who's going to be disappointed if you assume that this is going to be a major mecha series like SEED. If you've read articles from Newtype Japan, read the manga, and hell, even the title itself suggests that the story is focused on Lelouch's power and its background. The mecha is just a mean to an end since it's the one that Britannia uses to colonise 11 and Suzaku happens to get one. Also, in the manga, there are more hint of Lelouch x Suzaku than the anime. The basic storyline, however, except for a few permutations, remains the same.
Black_Sharingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 01:02   Link #207
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Well hopefully the animators don't do that in the anime. I am at least glad that Clamp does not have any creative input on the story...

Yaoi pairings does not need to exist in the anime, only in the heads of fangirls/fujoshi
Old 2006-10-17, 01:04   Link #208
Cal-Reflector

Based on first impressions, its been a very very long time since a first episode of any series has raised my adrenaline so much. It was fun of course, for a while, to go "Oh look that's Eureka 7" or "there's Zeon!" and "that's Nakuru!" But this show will be a grand affair I think.

The Rozen Maiden ED however, doesn't seem fitting.

Also, the only other part I was dissastisfied about was how the Nightmare Frame in that runaway truck was shooting down my precious C&C Orcas with its cable gun. The sight of those helis going down was almost as anguishing as the sound of the little girl's crying being snuffed out by machine gun fire. (I exaggerate, the latter was far more anguishing).

Speaking of the little girl being snuffed out; people are concerned with whether Brittania/The Empire/The USA will be unduly portrayed as unilaterally evil and black: I think not; 100% evil antagonists with no cheerable elements are uninteresting these days. I forsee that within the big basket that is Brittania's forces, there will be a sufficient amount of "good" characters (Suzaku, for starters?) to lead to a schism. In fact, I say now I think that is what will eventually happen.

Last edited by Cal-Reflector; 2006-10-17 at 01:31.
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 01:51   Link #209
sevenheaven7

why are everyone talking about yaoi???!!! I mean there is some romance in this anime (lelouche and that orange head girl for example(first episode))
sevenheaven7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 03:44   Link #210
OMG_Zerg_Rush

I find it odd how before this show came out and everyone thought the bad guys where the brits , there was no complaining, yet after ep 1 shows a map with the us labled as britannia empire some people now say that this show is anti-us.
I personaly think its more likely that the us lost to britannia but thats beside the point, what i want to know is why is it acceptable by some for the show to be anti-uk but not anti-us?.........end rant (sorry if i offended anyone it was unintentional i asure you)

Ignoring all that i love the show can't wait for ep2 to be subbed
________
Wesley P. Dahlberg

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 14:44.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 07:03   Link #211
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I'm guessing it's because most people here are from US?

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 07:50   Link #212
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
I find it odd how before this show came out and everyone thought the bad guys where the brits , there was no complaining, yet after ep 1 shows a map with the us labled as britannia empire some people now say that this show is anti-us.
I personaly think its more likely that the us lost to britannia but thats beside the point, what i want to know is why is it acceptable by some for the show to be anti-uk but not anti-us?.........end rant (sorry if i offended anyone it was unintentional i asure you)

Ignoring all that i love the show can't wait for ep2 to be subbed
Have you ever thought about the slightest, slimmest possibility that the entity known as Britannia has no relation to any real world political entities or "alternative historical developments"?

Until the shows gives more information, I'm not having any speculations about what Britannia is or how it came to be except it's just another "evil empire"
Old 2006-10-17, 13:52   Link #213
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
Interesting setting considering Japan's past.
But the breathtaking speed of plot worked for me.
Seems to be "the show at issue" for this season.
warainagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 14:33   Link #214
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenheaven7 View Post
why are everyone talking about yaoi???!!! I mean there is some romance in this anime (lelouche and that orange head girl for example(first episode))
Because people think this is a Clamp series, and anytime Clamp does a series, there's at least one gay couple. So its mostly confusion.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 14:40   Link #215
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Because people think this is a Clamp series, and anytime Clamp does a series, there's at least one gay couple. So its mostly confusion.
Well, and because recent mecha anime have a history of winking at fujoshi rather more than they need to. I don't think it's just the perceived CLAMP factor.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 15:52   Link #216
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Series looks like it has potential like i previously thought, However i am so tired of this friend on friend on opposites sides in a war or some kind of struggle. I know its because of the genre. The animation is pretty good and mech designs are not bad either i do like how the mechs move with the wheels on the on the foot which explains why they are so agile. IF they had done it diffrently i would wonder how biped of such size could that quickly. What i dont like is the name of the mechs Nightmare Flames the name just does not sit well with me. I am very intrested in the backround and special powers of our two young heros as well as the girl with the white suite and straps who got capped in the head.

To use Britanna as the bad guys and portray the country as imperialistic was a cool idea. Even the dress refelcts that time in history where Britan dominated much of the world colonlizing them for their own need. The demour of the upper class and the way that cry baby 3rd prince spoke all reflect i think is the 15th through the 17th and much of 18th century as well
Old 2006-10-17, 18:06   Link #217
Mangaka-chan

I think quite a few of us here are wondering if this is going to be like a Gundam Seed part deux kind of show. Hopefully not, but from the look of the ED there seems to be a Lacus-like character on the horizon (pink hair and cheery disposition included) and we already have the friend-fighting-on-opposite-sides established, one has to wonder. -_-
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 20:24   Link #218
monstratboy

Thumbs up

Based on the 2 episodes so far, which I thought were great, my guess is...

Spoiler for possible history:

I love how kickass lancelot was. And although I see some people referring to suzaku(who uses spinning jump kicks inside and outside his mech) as the white king it doesn't seem to fit with the his mech which is named after a knight.
Plus unlike his subordinates who get disabled with one strike, Lulu catches suzuka's attacks in blocks. Very cool. I was always hoping to see back in Gundam Seed Universe Kira or Athrun hold their own in grunt suits. Amuro Ray kcks so much assage.

Read the manga which gives some small spoilers for Karen earlier than the anime and explains Lulu B's obsession with his country's destruction is not just about revenge for what they did to his mother and sister but to protect his sister from any further abuse from royal politics.

Spoiler for manga 2nd chapter:

The differing viepoints between the 2 male leads here is so much more clearer to understand than in GS and GSD. Suzuka fights to stop the fighting altogether and hopes to remodel the opressors and promote peace and Lulu just wants to be left alone and a bit of revenge on the side, and he sees his only option is to take down the empire. LuluB's spontaneous sinister attitude is real cool. Its hilarious to see all the hand posturing and foot placement before an order is given.
monstratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 21:05   Link #219
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
Have you ever thought about the slightest, slimmest possibility that the entity known as Britannia has no relation to any real world political entities or "alternative historical developments"?
That was my original thought and it seems the most likely possibility as well.
________
GIRLFRIEND PIC

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 14:44.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 21:17   Link #220
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
~ What i dont like is the name of the mechs Nightmare Flames the name just does not sit well with me. ~
Knightmare Frames actually.