AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-27, 07:40   Link #1161
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Was at MCM London Comic con yesterday and they had Assassin's Creed 4 on PS4 for demo.

As expected, it looks exactly like a PS3 game =_=; And no real changes in the gameplay. So the only thing that I took away from the experience was the L2/R2 trigger and the touchpad of the new Dualshock.

I've talked to my friend about it and we agree that the trigger is definitely a trigger this time It's between the 'softness' of DS3 and the 'hardness' of the 360.

The touchpad is of similar sensitivity as a DS/3DS... Not as good as a Vita or iPhone though, but decent.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 19:43   Link #1162
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagi View Post
This is my second sony system I'm not buying at launch, it doesn't have a good launch line up in my opinion.
Uhm ya pretty much; delays and current unstable state of the industry is kind of a gamble (Capcom developing from the grave, EA closing another studio, delays and more delays). Just buffed my PC for gaming, so I'm out until they sort their nonsense.
Old 2013-10-30, 00:48   Link #1163
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Erm both systems are pretty much sold out anyway >_>
Old 2013-10-30, 03:48   Link #1164
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

If you haven't pre-ordered by now, you best bet would be queue at retail, and if you somehow miss the launch date, well good luck finding one that is not on ebay for the next 3 months.
Old 2013-10-30, 14:45   Link #1165
Dextro
He Without a Title

Ok guys, time to bring out those pitchforks: Sony releases list of things the PlayStation 4 can’t do

Quote:
Sony has just unleashed a massive FAQ to answer damn near every question you may have about the Playstation 4, and the list of things the console can't do is a rather large bummer. Let's start with the music: You can't really listen to your music. At all.

Audio CDs aren't supported. Your MP3s aren't supported. None of my existing music is compatible with your PlayStation 4… until you pay Sony. “The Music Unlimited streaming service will allow you to listen to music while you play PS4 games,” the page states. “A subscription to Music Unlimited is required.”

Why let you use the music you've already paid for, when they can resell it to you?

Can you change your PSN name? No. Can you connect an external hard drive? No. Can I stream video or movies from my PC? Of course not. “The PS4 system does not support client functionality for media servers,” Sony explains, helpfully. Why the hell not?

Oh yeah, because they want you to use their Video Unlimited service to, once again, re-buy that content. Allowing you to stream files you already own would limit their ability to profit from selling you content, don't you know. There are also weird omissions that Sony just kind of brings up, such as the inability for you to limit the amount of time your child plays on the console.

There is some good stuff in here as well, such as the ability to play certain games while they're being downloaded, but so much basic functionality is being left out or removed from what we're used to with the PlayStation 3 that it's kind of depressing.
Old 2013-10-30, 15:06   Link #1166
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Eh? People use their Playstation to play music?

...Why ?? Wouldn't it be better to use your computer, iPod or whatever?
Old 2013-10-30, 15:20   Link #1167
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Ok guys, time to bring out those pitchforks: Sony releases list of things the PlayStation 4 can’t do
You do know this is a gaming console correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Eh? People use their Playstation to play music?

...Why ?? Wouldn't it be better to use your computer, iPod or whatever?
Exactly.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 15:22   Link #1168
Newhope

Not much interest in the new consoles where I live.....
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 16:15   Link #1169
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Not much interest in the new consoles where I live.....
Really.......but England is one of the Top Gaming countries in the World maybe even in second place to the U.S. or was that Germany?
Old 2013-10-30, 17:48   Link #1170
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

England is a BIG place though
Old 2013-10-30, 18:01   Link #1171
Nerroth
NePoi!

Not supporting MP3s means that the PS4 is less capable of operating as a media hub for he PS Vita (or Vita TV) than the PS3.

Unless owners of Sony's handhelds are supposed to rely on the Content Manager software on their PCs and Macs, as opposed to expecting these devices to work with their own new flagship console...
Old 2013-10-30, 18:14   Link #1172
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
You do know this is a gaming console correct?
Does that mean that you find it odd that you would want to listen to your own tunes when playing some multiplayer shooter/soccer game/racing game like you can do on current generation consoles? Do you find it odd that people would expect to be able to stream movies from their PCs like the current generation console does so competently?

Heck, even the PS1 supported audio CDs ffs!

These few lacking features combined are enough for me to downgrade the PS4 from "must-buy" to "will consider one if it ever drops to 250€ and shows some decent exclusives". I use the upnp streaming feature quite a lot to watch tv shows, movies and anime on my living room TV using PS3 Media Server and if the new one doesn't support that it isn't worth the 500€ they are asking for it.
Old 2013-10-30, 19:20   Link #1173
Vajra
So Like A Rose

I'm definitely waiting before I jump onboard the PS4/XBONE train (like I have a choice). I didn't get a 360 until 2010 and I am still looking for a PS3 to get (I have a lot of catching up) and by the time I have the money to actually by a PS4 most of the games I want will already have underwent several price reductions *sigh* I hate being poor
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 19:59   Link #1174
Zexas

Quote:
Does that mean that you find it odd that you would want to listen to your own tunes when playing some multiplayer shooter/soccer game/racing game like you can do on current generation consoles? Do you find it odd that people would expect to be able to stream movies from their PCs like the current generation console does so competently?

These few lacking features combined are enough for me to downgrade the PS4 from "must-buy" to "will consider one if it ever drops to 250€ and shows some decent exclusives". I use the upnp streaming feature quite a lot to watch tv shows, movies and anime on my living room TV using PS3 Media Server and if the new one doesn't support that it isn't worth the 500€ they are asking for it.
LOL hahahaha what an exaggerated reaction. PS4 cost 400 btw. And guess what Xbox one also unable to become media server. So If you just simply want it just keep your PS3 and 360.
Old 2013-10-30, 20:11   Link #1175
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:

Truthfully, I love to immerse myself in just gaming. Other features are a nice plus, but I find them unneeded. I didn't even do that stuff mentioned on the current generation so I don't know the big worry. I want a gaming console with the sole purpose of gaming otherwise why in the world did I buy an Ipod in the first place (only uses is working out, not a heavy music fan).
Old 2013-10-30, 21:02   Link #1176
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It definitely is a big deal, really. Can't deny that there is a blunder on their part regarding this. At least I'm glad Shu considers it.

Old 2013-10-30, 21:51   Link #1177
BeyondTheGrave007
anonymous

Does anyone know if you're able too change your username if you transfer your ps3 account to the ps4?
BeyondTheGrave007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 21:59   Link #1178
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheGrave007 View Post
Does anyone know if you're able too change your username if you transfer your ps3 account to the ps4?
I think it remains the same, though I am a bit out of the loop these things. Best to ask Chaos.
Old 2013-10-30, 22:12   Link #1179
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So, a gaming system that can't play plain music?

Old 2013-10-30, 22:14   Link #1180
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Can you connect an external hard drive? No. Can I stream video or movies from my PC? Of course not. “The PS4 system does not support client functionality for media servers,” Sony explains, helpfully.
FUCK. THAT.

I use my PS3 mostly as a media center so I don't have to tether my laptop to the TV, and I have an external USB drive for not just videos, but pics and audio. Now Sony is telling me I can't do any of that? Screw that noise.

I wasn't planning on getting a PS4 at launch, but now it looks like my PS3 isn't going anywhere in the near future. And I swear, if Sony implements a firmware update that eliminates this functionality on the PS3 also, heads will roll