AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-02-17, 17:35   Link #201
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
For one thing, there are plenty of stages that barely even reach easy with only the Lords and Myyrh, like the Roston seige stage with the army of reinforcements. Unless you want to tell me these three can handle three fronts at the same time by themselves.
And I guess you misunderstand, but when I say "no promotion", it also means NO use of promoted units. Heck, forget "also", no promotion MEANS no use of pre-promotes. There's no point in saying "no promotion" if you can just use pre-promotes, right? If you think about it logically.
Well...considering I beat them so badly with Ephraim and Mryh alone I actually forced the chapter to end early...

Also theres a problem with no using pre-promotes, theres more pre-promotes in SS than there are unpromoted units and some were actually required usuage if you wanted to recruit them. Also how do you go about using trainee's who auto promote? You can also powerlevel everyone using the tower or extra chapters since theres absolutely no reason not to.
Old 2009-02-17, 18:54   Link #202
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Well...considering I beat them so badly with Ephraim and Mryh alone I actually forced the chapter to end early...
You somehow managed to go through a swarm of Great Knights, Druids, Mage Knights, Forest Knights, etc. with the two alone to defeat Riev?

Quote:
Also theres a problem with no using pre-promotes, theres more pre-promotes in SS than there are unpromoted units and some were actually required usuage if you wanted to recruit them. Also how do you go about using trainee's who auto promote? You can also powerlevel everyone using the tower or extra chapters since theres absolutely no reason not to.
In those cases, it can't be helped. After recruiting them, let them sit back and not do anything or something. I guess you mean maps like the desert stage and such. In those cases, make-up rules that satisfy you, since it's just a challenge for yourself.

You can promote the trainees. Because they become a lower class. I guess, if I had to re-word it most correctly, no use of the promoted classes.

Like I said, it's your choice, so if you really want to use the tower to powerlevel, than you can. Though if you do so and come back and say it's easy, all I can say back is not to power level,
And even if you powerlevel, as a lower class, you still have limits. So the stages near the end will still be difficult.

--

For some reason, ever since PoR, the bosses' names are getting more thoughtless and thoughtless... What is with the boss of chapter 5 of part 1 of RD? Wazekaka... What...?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2009-02-17 at 19:37.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 07:03   Link #203
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Not just you. Alot of people make a huge mistake of neglecting Klein based on the assumption he's pre-promote. In actual fact his HM bonus to his bases and fantastic growth make him the best archer in the game. He also supports with Tate who is an incredibly well rounded Pegasus who actually gets strength unlike a certain Thanny.
Generally i don't have much against using prepromotes, as long as it is a decent one. I lived with Seth in FF8 to the very end and he made for a pretty decent unit. Not fantastic, but well able to pull his own weight. It is just that somehow i am very unlucky with archer growth in FE6 ... i would rather take another caster for my ranged needs As for Pegasus in FE6 ...i generally don't find them all that worth my time - i much rather go for the two Wyverns. They don't perform nearly as well as their FE7 counterparts (Where, ironically, the Wyverns are less than great).

Quote:
Actually she has a great support in Shin who is a fantastic archer unit if completely paper thin in defense and surprisingly Rutger! Fil is perfectly fine if not slightly more reliable than Rutger.
Shin. Archer. Do not want And i never said she isn't fine - i value her a lot. She is easily among my favorite units of the game, there is little i would exchange her for.
Quote:
But the reason why I mentioned Rutger is he comes during those brutal opening 9 chapters. His Killer Sword, speed and decent starting strength are highly useful, problem is whether his strength grows. If you can promote him before Ch-8 Gaiden (even if its early at like lv16-18) he makes an otherwise stupidly hard boss killable in one hit. Seeing Durandal is the first weapon you get the strength bonus coupled with his great speed can help out alot.

Oh he also supports the prissy bitch Clarine whos a good unit in her own right.
Aye, he does help early on - it is later when i find him to lag behind due to his poor strength growth. Granted, he makes up for it with the good crit chance (got to love +30% promoted), but Fil has that as well, and strength to boot I might be just unlucky, but my Rutger tends to end up with as much strength as Thany ...which is embarrassingly little. I do use him as well though - it is not like he can't kill, and for the aforementioned Clarine support, who is a fine unit indeed. (Ignoring her personality...)

Quote:
Theres a reason why alot of people tend to favour Hugh over Lilina and Lugh. He gets fantastic HP and defense, I'm serious about Hugh being a physical tank mage. Its actually not unlikely he will max his HP and get a respectable defense nearing 20. Many people tend to ignore Lugh actually in HM in favour of Hugh and Lilina.
Defense is something i put little value in casters, as i tend to make sure those don't get hit. I don't need yet another "physical tank". It certainly wouldn't hurt to have high defense, but that is not what i am looking for in a mage. Lugh is pretty reliable overall and has generally rounded stat growths, although he does tend to lag in magic growth sometimes... but i haven't had him disappoint me. A definite minus are his supports though ... he has ones with units i tend not to use, and the one with Ellen takes forever to get up.

Quote:
Lillina actually does the same job and has even better magic growth but still poor res and HP. But you just need to compare anima and dark magic to see why I do it. Fire, Aircalibur and Forblaze are 5, 8 and 14 in power.

Flux, Nosferatu are 8 and 10 with the latter even healing her (off her great magic too) and Apocalypse is a whopping 18 + 5 = 23 might off over 29 magic! Its actually a OHKO on near every end game dragon.
Lilina has fantastic magic growth - you have to be like, unlucky not to get a magic up for her Have never had res problems for her though - for me, that tends to be her second stat with biggest growth, behind magic. She lags behind in skill though ... but that is where her instant support with Roy comes in, and it takes no time at all to get her and Roy to rank A.

Still, suppose i will give Sophia a serious spin sometime. I am not opposed to leveling Nino in FE7, so i will manage with Sophia as well. Ray i simply don't like much ..and he is an ass Her support list looks very depressing though.

Quote:
Funny thing is I only use Alan and Lance for the opening 13 chapters than dump them both unless one is growing particularly well. Reason being because Percival is a god of destruction, actually I need to kick myself for not remembering HM Percival.

He starts with 50HP, 20 str and 20 speed and great defenses at chapter 15 no less and can already use a Killer Axe. He will rape the opposition with no effort, its impossible to get a bad Percival.
Percival is quite impressive indeed, no questions there. I generally find myself lucky with both Alan and Lance though ... Lance more so than Alan, who tends to be a bit low on the defense side, but generally neither is anything to complain about. You can quickly get an A rank between the two, increasing their performance, and one can go for B with Roy, if he is turning out slightly weaker. (Unless you want to save that B(A?) for Sophia, since Roy is her only really viable support).

Oh, and while we are at it, i nominate Roy for the most useless lord of FA GBA series. (6/7/8). His growth is crappy and he generally can't do much ... him poking the enemy can be more symbolic than genuinely helpful His biggest use is serving as battery for Lilina (or whomever you pair him up with, as you can't get rid of him) and keeping behind the front lines. He isn't Eliwood, he is not Eirika, and he most certainly is no Ephraim. And he completely lacks style compared to Eliwood ... his animation looks clumsy enough to expect him stumbling any moment. Eliwood should have taught his brat a bit better
Old 2009-02-18, 11:22   Link #204
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Oh, and while we are at it, i nominate Roy for the most useless lord of FA GBA series. (6/7/8). His growth is crappy and he generally can't do much ... him poking the enemy can be more symbolic than genuinely helpful His biggest use is serving as battery for Lilina (or whomever you pair him up with, as you can't get rid of him) and keeping behind the front lines. He isn't Eliwood, he is not Eirika, and he most certainly is no Ephraim. And he completely lacks style compared to Eliwood ... his animation looks clumsy enough to expect him stumbling any moment. Eliwood should have taught his brat a bit better
We all know. ^^ Not only stat-wise, but his battle stance looks simply weird (even his animation with that special sword).
Eliwood is also considered weak, but when I bothered spending hours to level him up to 20 by chipping off of... what's her name, that Morph on the bonus level for Nino, he actually turned out decent...

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-02-18, 11:25   Link #205
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
We all know. ^^ Not only stat-wise, but his battle stance looks simply weird (even his animation with that special sword).
Eliwood is also considered weak, but when I bothered spending hours to level him up to 20 by chipping off of... what's her name, that Morph on the bonus level for Nino, he actually turned out decent...
I generally find Eliwood to be quite decent. Sure, he won't be Hector or Lyn, and he won't be among the best of your troops, but you won't be wishing you could replace him with someone else either. Also, unlike his son, he has some style with the rapier
Old 2009-02-18, 13:43   Link #206
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Oh, and while we are at it, i nominate Roy for the most useless lord of FA GBA series. (6/7/8). His growth is crappy and he generally can't do much ... him poking the enemy can be more symbolic than genuinely helpful
Roy's problem isn't growths. If anything his growths are almost identical to Eliwood, his problem is the fact he doesn't promote till like the last 3 chapters. He has almost no time to levelup and spends most of the game at lv20 unpromoted.

Quote:
I might be just unlucky, but my Rutger tends to end up with as much strength as Thany
Definitely unlucky, Rutger should end up almost identical to Fil.

Quote:
It is just that somehow i am very unlucky with archer growth in FE6
Its kinda hard to be unlucky with Klein, he starts with some pretty high stats in HM and has very good speed, skill and luck growth.

Quote:
Defense is something i put little value in casters, as i tend to make sure those don't get hit.
Its what you prefer but being able to take a hit at least makes sure he doesn't get randomly KO'd in one hit by someone you accidentally missed.
Old 2009-02-25, 17:54   Link #207
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I'm at chapter 14 now. Dispatching the enemies isn't so hard. However, the boss character is too strong! He hits hard, and he's fast. He can barely be hit, and most characters won't survive the encounter.

This is with troops of LV12 - 14. Eirika is LV15. She was able to hit Carlyle, only to be defeated with a critical hit.

Anyone who says this game is stupidly easy without using the tower is obviously talking out of his ass.
Old 2009-02-25, 18:38   Link #208
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I'm at chapter 14 now. Dispatching the enemies isn't so hard. However, the boss character is too strong! He hits hard, and he's fast. He can barely be hit, and most characters won't survive the encounter.

This is with troops of LV12 - 14. Eirika is LV15. She was able to hit Carlyle, only to be defeated with a critical hit.

Anyone who says this game is stupidly easy without using the tower is obviously talking out of his ass.
Unless you position L'Archel correctly, getting that Rennac isn't easy either...

A hint to you, to keep in mind while playing Fire Emblem, if the enemy has a chance to critical and kill your character, do not attack. This game loves pulling low percent criticals on you...

Carlyle... Can't hit him, can't use pegasus. It is best to attack from range with a mage. Because the sword will count as magic, which mages have resistance to. If you have raised any of them, they shouldn't be killed in a single battle against him from range. If you really need to, you can have him use up his sword before attacking him.

Old 2009-02-26, 16:05   Link #209
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

The sword he has is a Wind Sword, which has a range of 1-2. Mages would have even less chance of surviving the encounter.

I'll need a very strong character to take him down. I'm thinking Seth or Dozla. Or both.
Old 2009-02-26, 17:25   Link #210
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
The sword he has is a Wind Sword, which has a range of 1-2. Mages would have even less chance of surviving the encounter.

I'll need a very strong character to take him down. I'm thinking Seth or Dozla. Or both.
Yeah, I know, but that's exactly why. Or at least, Neimi. Either way, it is safest to attack from a range because the Wind Sword doesn't have any chance of criticals when it hits from a range (or so I remember). I believe it was also treated as a magic at range. The most fearsome part of swordmasters are their critical hits, after all.
I guess javalins could work too...

Old 2009-02-27, 18:14   Link #211
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I took him down. Prince Innes could hit him with 12 damage using a Steel Bow with 29% chance of a hit, while only taking 5 damage once if he got hit. Dozla with a Swordreaver wasn't good enough. Seth helped a little. I think he only managed to hit Carlyle once with a Javelin for 8 damage, while he got hit with 7 damage twice each round. Neimi had a Longbow with which she could try hitting with from three squares away, for only 3 damage, with a low chance of hitting. She never did. I tried once with an Iron Bow, but it missed.

Ewan, who I promoted to a Shaman, was far away. I was moving him closer by using a horserider, but the round before he could have tried to hit, Innes finished Carlyle off. I do think that at range the sword is treated like magic, and I did notice that there was no chance of a critical if he was hit from range.

On to chapter 15!
Old 2009-02-28, 02:28   Link #212
LeroySchwartz
Leroy Lightning Speed

Send a message via AIM to LeroySchwartz Send a message via Yahoo to LeroySchwartz
dude if you really want to know something I only use the tower level one to level up my lowest level units so that in case I want to use them later on I can. Also it is really fun to level up the trainee classes like Ross to the next set of classes and watch them pown the enemy.
Tip: In FE:SS (my first foray into the series) I made Ross a Pirate then a warrior and he powns BIG time in both classes, Amelia as a Knight and General in which she has a decent movement range and she also had a lot better attack and defense in comparison to every other character of her level, I can clear the ruins with just her for the very first floor but it does get taxing on my supplies of weapons, and finally ewan is best made for a druid and shaman because he is fast and a fast shaman with a lot of power is like having gods hammer, plus there are enough bishop/sage potentials in the game in my opinion.
LeroySchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 02:34   Link #213
LeroySchwartz
Leroy Lightning Speed

Send a message via AIM to LeroySchwartz Send a message via Yahoo to LeroySchwartz
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
A hint to you, to keep in mind while playing Fire Emblem, if the enemy has a chance to critical and kill your character, do not attack. This game loves pulling low percent criticals on you...
Well there is one time that you do have to risk it. Chapter 5 if you want Joshua like turn 3 or 4 you can position Seth right in front of Joshua (the only one within Joshua's attack zone) just in front of the forest terrain with Seth using his sword, you can take the risk of Joshua vs Seth both with a chance of critical. Seth has a very low chance while Joshua has about a 14% chance the fight is almost guaranteed not to kill either one so long as you didn't overuse Seth before
LeroySchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 13:10   Link #214
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Chapter 15 conquered. Caellach and Valter weren't easy either, but not as hard. General Duessel was a big help with Caellach. Eirika and Ephraim took Valter down with critical hits.
Old 2009-02-28, 13:15   Link #215
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Chapter 15 conquered. Caellach and Valter weren't easy either, but not as hard. General Duessel was a big help with Caellach. Eirika and Ephraim took Valter down with critical hits.
...Why did you attack Valter with Eirika, considering the atrocious weapon disadvantage...?
Old 2009-02-28, 14:16   Link #216
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
This chapter really does get waterred down in the English version... Caellach not moving, you know~... Just makes him a sitting duck.
Valter can go down easily by stealing his shield and shooting with a longbow.
The thing to beware mainly are those Dragons... And making sure the only shaman (starting class) unit in the game doesn't get criticalled (luck=0-->critical chance up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
...Why did you attack Valter with Eirika, considering the atrocious weapon disadvantage...?
Well, if there is one reason to attack with Eirika, it's to get to read Valter's wonderfully hentai-chic line.
On a more serious note...
More than that, if Piercing activated, many things would not have been pretty.

Old 2009-03-01, 07:22   Link #217
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

I remember that a character in your party used to know the Caellach guy. I forgot who.
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 09:11   Link #218
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoreDoll View Post
I remember that a character in your party used to know the Caellach guy. I forgot who.
Joshua. They were mercenary buddies back in the day.
Old 2009-03-01, 09:42   Link #219
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
Because she's the heroine, and fast (speed maxed to 20!). Plus, I used a Lancereaver, I think. I also equipped the item on her that prevents enemy critical hits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta
This chapter really does get waterred down in the English version... Caellach not moving, you know~... Just makes him a sitting duck.
Thank $DEITY he didn't! He'd have destroyed my party.
Quote:
Valter can go down easily by stealing his shield and shooting with a longbow.
I couldn't steal it from him, as the command was grayed out. Thinking back, Colm's inventory may have been full.

As for the Wyvernriders, I took most of them down easily with Tana using a Dragonlance.
Old 2009-03-02, 20:35   Link #220
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Story-wise, I'm still in the first part, but...
(´・ω・`) Mikaya tte... Baka?
If this wasn't a game and you don't just get a game over, everyone would probably going "Farewell, Daein~!" A few people were going to get executed, yet she decides to go save them! Despite the chance of it being a trap! Despite the fact if she died, it would be nothing but Za END for the army! Aha!
And even before that, there was her argument against Izuka over him wanting to use poison. True that he was not thinking of certain consequences, but the fact she was ranting about trying to fight fair or something about war... Too sweet... *laugh*
In the meantime, Izuka
In the meantime, Jarod-kun... (´・ω・`)