AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite School Days character
Kotonoha Katsura 185 41.02%
Sekai Saionji 180 39.91%
Setsuna Kiyoura 119 26.39%
Makoto Ito 52 11.53%
Otome Katō 38 8.43%
Kokoro Katsura 84 18.63%
Hikari Kuroda 22 4.88%
Other 12 2.66%
No one 34 7.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 451. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-27, 16:09   Link #141
miomio

Kotonoha Katsura
Old 2010-03-23, 01:12   Link #142
Amazinasian
KAMEHAMEHA!!!

Send a message via AIM to Amazinasian
katsura. for all of makoto's crap she put up with. and although she ended up being a but psychotic in the end, she is still likable than the rest of the morons in the series.
Old 2010-03-23, 08:30   Link #143
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

So, she's likable because she put up with crap? I mean, what gives?

Old 2010-03-23, 16:36   Link #144
Amazinasian
KAMEHAMEHA!!!

not just putting up with crap, but being sweet and genuine towards makoto even though he was a cheating jerk. she has more heart than the rest of the characters.

my only qualm was when she gave it up to the one desperate guy, but the circumstances of that were not fully explained.
Old 2010-03-23, 17:17   Link #145
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, I didn't really find her all that sweet or full of heart, myself. Different tastes, I guess.

And the "giving up" part was sufficiently explained to me: she cracked and could not care less about what was going on. Pretty self-explanatory, right there.

Old 2010-03-23, 17:54   Link #146
Amazinasian
KAMEHAMEHA!!!

do you feel that she was at least somewhat morally above the other characters?

sure sekai felt guilt about cheating and whatnot, but she never really made efforts beyond that to make sure katsura was ok.

also, since it's not clearly portrayed, do you think it's possible that taisuke was just taking advantage of her vulnerability? i know that it was probably consensual, but she was still unstable.
Old 2010-03-23, 18:49   Link #147
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I have no problem believing the dude took advantage of Katsura's condition. However, we later see her sort of ignoring what happened, so she did - on some level - understand what was going on.

Also, I'm fond of saying that not a single character in this series can take the moral high ground, and I'm sticking to it.

Old 2010-03-28, 20:57   Link #148
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
All the characters in this show excluding Kotonoha's little sister at one point were just idiotic and stupid. Kotonoha wasn't really idiotic, but she was dumb to let Matoko take advantage of her near the end and keep going after him, after everything he did.
But yes, the only person closest to anything for me is Kotonoha. I found it sweet how she was so loyal to that jerk and she did all she can to keep him, even do things she didn't want to do. She's a shy and innocent character, of course, until the ending, but even then, I didn't really lose much of my respect for her, because I always hated Sekai to no end. So, I voted for Kotonoha.
I would've voted for Setsuna, but I began to hate her when she just got into things way too much and way too far. I knew it was for her friend, but it was just too much.
Old 2010-04-11, 11:43   Link #149
444yum
A person

"No one"

--

Poor characterization, Makoto is becoming a sexaholic, and everyone is either fallen into dust or turned into Makoto's pawn. Most or all characters are annoying, boring, and/or unbelievably scripted in such a tremendous idiotic form (though I'll have to push back just a little bit, since I do have to admit that Setsuna and the lil sis was of the ones that are not as chaotic as the others, but overall, the cast was a death bomb)

--

Pure and simple, enuff said
Old 2010-07-28, 05:05   Link #150
Nipah Neko Kisa
Keiichi Maebara Fan Girl

I've yet to understand how Kotonoha is the "victim".
Kotonoha, having just met Makoto, had already decided to date him AND claim she "loves" him! That sickens me, to the point of hating Kotonoha's character with no second thoughts. Who the hell would date and claim love for someone they JUST (literately JUST) met?!

Though, Makoto did the same thing, he ultimately tried realizing his feeling for Sekai.

I voted for:

Sekai Saionji: Because, her,Setsuna and Otome, were the only ones who even had the right to "love" Makoto. Having known them for more than a week. Though, she mad one of the biggest mistakes in the series, it was completely understandable. I can actually relate to what Sekai had none, rather than to claim you love someone you just met. Oh, and to those who claim Sekai lied about pregnancy, I'd just like to say: Sekai did NOT lie about being pregnant, it was actually Kotonoha's fault for being so dimwitted as to expect the baby to have grown enough to be ...eer visible (I dun't know how to explain it) SEKAI HAD ONLY BEEN PREGNANT FOR A WEEK, OF COURSE YOUR NOT GOING TO FIND A SEED! O 3O;;

Setsuna- Because, she stayed loyal to her friend,despite loving Makoto,too.

Otome- Because, she had actually been the very first person to like Makoto. She had been his best friend since middle school and actually held her feelings in for a while. To make her character even more likable, she was the only one to actually walk away from Makoto. It should have been Kotonoha to have walked away from him, but no she kept pushing herself onto some guy she hardly knew.... Bleh.

((On a sidenote... Kotonoha is often compared to Rena Ryugu. Well I loath the both of them, so it fits.... also I hope it's not considered "bad" for me to share my opinions in a rarher harsh manner... Dx;; ))
Old 2010-10-12, 22:29   Link #151
wtf
needs moar YAN :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipah Neko Kisa View Post
Setsuna- Because, she stayed loyal to her friend,despite loving Makoto,too.
While I agree with you on voting for Sekai, I don't see how Setsuna had stayed loyal to her friend... she knowingly gave into her desires and
Spoiler:

The only character I personally truly liked in this anime was Sekai... I honestly felt that her emotion was raw and very realistic; I agree with what you said Nipah-- I felt like Kotonoha gave off a very clingy, almost psychotic aura off right from the beginning. Sekai was real and, although she gave into her desires for Makoto, was the only character to truly show remorse and guilt.
Old 2010-10-15, 17:39   Link #152
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

voted for Hikari

Reason: She is good for a threesome
Old 2010-10-22, 05:19   Link #153
Kiritsugane
Inquisitor

In order

1. Kokoro
2. Sekai
3. Kotonoha

Explaining would be long and tedious.

I'd rather not.
Old 2010-10-22, 10:03   Link #154
C-chan
A mere observer

I picked Kotonoha. Yanderes never fail me..

Notes of A Normal Highschool Girl

Without love, it cannot be seen.
Without love, magic cannot be seen.
Without love, even the truth cannot be seen.

Old 2010-10-24, 09:18   Link #155
Kiritsugane
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-chan View Post
I picked Kotonoha. Yanderes never fail me..
You can count on them snuggling someone one minute and cutting parts of them off the next.

No I doubt they'll ever fail to entertain.
Old 2010-11-04, 02:01   Link #156
pampz21
ShipCore

49 people here deserves to die!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-11-04, 05:53   Link #157
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
49 people here deserves to die!
Really? Are you one of those?

Old 2010-11-05, 13:44   Link #158
Dr. Casey

I wonder how many of those 49 people voted for Makoto because they think he's a good villain and love to hate him, and how many voted for him because they think he's a genuinely likable and interesting character.

And it's kind of funny that someone named Sekai voted for Makoto. She's a loyal girlfriend, at least.

I just noticed how many people voted 'No One.' School Days is such a blackhearted show, I love it.
Old 2010-11-06, 18:08   Link #159
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Really? Are you one of those?
nah~ i voted no one!
but I like Kokoro though

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-11-08, 00:45   Link #160
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I wonder how many of those 49 people voted for Makoto because they think he's a good villain and love to hate him, and how many voted for him because they think he's a genuinely likable and interesting character.

And it's kind of funny that someone named Sekai voted for Makoto. She's a loyal girlfriend, at least.

I just noticed how many people voted 'No One.' School Days is such a blackhearted show, I love it.
he score a threesome.