AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-15, 09:37   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kinji and Aria's relationship is what I would call the double tsundere act; Both are clearly attracted to the other in a cardinal fashion, but neither are completely honest with the other- Aria because of her pride, Kinji because of his secrets... And strong dislike of the opposite gender >.>
Old 2011-05-15, 16:31   Link #42
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Kinji and Aria's relationship is what I would call the double tsundere act; Both are clearly attracted to the other in a cardinal fashion, but neither are completely honest with the other
Yup, I'm a sucker for such ships. It's like YukinaxShigure from Watashi Ni XX Shinasai.
And I loooove that manga. <3
Old 2011-05-19, 02:31   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Kinji and Aria's relationship is what I would call the double tsundere act; Both are clearly attracted to the other in a cardinal fashion, but neither are completely honest with the other- Aria because of her pride, Kinji because of his secrets... And strong dislike of the opposite gender >.>
True, they are both going to have to get over that in order for anything to happen. Maybe if Kinji can resolve the internal conflict with his Hysteria Mode then they will have some hope.
Old 2011-05-20, 00:10   Link #44
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I have to admit, I was kinda worried Aria would only fall for Hysteria Mode Kinji....but it seems that she thinks of him as the same person, thus likes "both" Kinjis.
Old 2011-05-20, 00:37   Link #45
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
True, they are both going to have to get over that in order for anything to happen. Maybe if Kinji can resolve the internal conflict with his Hysteria Mode then they will have some hope.
It would help if Aria knew exactly what Hysteria Mode is and what triggers it. She still seems to be under the impression that it's a battle mode activated under stressful situations. Maybe if she knew what really triggers it, she can help Kinji get over the embarrassment.
Old 2011-05-20, 00:40   Link #46
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Thing is though, even if hypothetically she found out how it's triggered, would she be even willing to do what it takes to do so? She doesn't seem like the kind girl willing to do things like that.

Kinji would rather die than tell her, so if she's ever going to figure it out, it'll have to be on her own accord.
Old 2011-05-20, 00:49   Link #47
Shadow5YA

The first step towards solving a problem is recognizing it. If Kinji isn't going to accept Hysteria Mode, then Aria will have to help him accept it. The only way Aria can help Kinji is if she understands his situation. Nothing is going to happen if one of them doesn't take the next step.

I do agree that Aria will probably have to figure out on her own though.
Old 2011-05-20, 01:43   Link #48
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I have to admit, I was kinda worried Aria would only fall for Hysteria Mode Kinji....but it seems that she thinks of him as the same person, thus likes "both" Kinjis.
This is kinda wrong. He treats those two differently or more like she just can't handle the Kinji in hysteria mode
Old 2011-05-20, 20:16   Link #49
princessOFmishaps

Quote:
Kinji would rather die than tell her, so if she's ever going to figure it out, it'll have to be on her own accord.
I think he'll tell her at some point, but will get interrupted. Like all the other situations...
Old 2011-05-22, 00:39   Link #50
Dr. Casey

: Kinji
: What is it Aria
: I'm pregnant
: so am I
: good
Old 2011-05-22, 01:29   Link #51
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You know, a thought occurred to me; did Aria even do the right sort of testing to see if she was really pregnant? What if she just went for an x-ray of her stomach ?
Old 2011-05-23, 10:32   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The first step towards solving a problem is recognizing it. If Kinji isn't going to accept Hysteria Mode, then Aria will have to help him accept it. The only way Aria can help Kinji is if she understands his situation. Nothing is going to happen if one of them doesn't take the next step.

Think the only danger is Aria finding out and freaking out a bit. Considering she's not good with love topics the requirement to trigger that mode might bother her a bit. Still do agree that she's necessary for him accepting that mode.

Aria does need to find out and then they can both work on accepting it. Do think her reaction will be something to see though when she does piece it together.
Old 2011-05-23, 22:15   Link #53
Shadow5YA

It'll be even funnier when she does stuff to trigger Hysteria Mode on purpose.
Old 2011-06-20, 21:27   Link #54
jcdietz03

Quote:
It'll be even funnier when she does stuff to trigger Hysteria Mode on purpose.
That sounds like Riko. Aria would be like "you owe me for this" or "I'm doing this so we can win, not because I like you" or somesuch. While secretly of course she is more than happy to do it.

Quote:
Or figure it out through Deus Ex Machina. It seems like everyone but the two lovers (Shirayuki an Aria) know about hysteria mode. I'm surprised someone didn't just tell her when she asked about it loudly in public.
Old 2011-06-20, 23:07   Link #55
MiMi_B

I have a feeling that Aria will be the last (among all girls around Kinji) to know about Hysteria Mode.
Old 2011-06-21, 15:22   Link #56
Shadow5YA

This is the girl who used to think she would get pregnant if she was kissed. Unless Kinji tells her directly, she's not going to find out.

It should have been obvious that battle tension wasn't the trigger when Kinji has gone into HSS outside of serious situations.
Old 2011-06-22, 07:32   Link #57
tsunade666

^ Even so she thinks it's because of that. Which make Kinji into dual personality. Her deduction skill sucks.
Old 2011-07-06, 16:44   Link #58
Unjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Everything about her(except dual wielding 1911 .45's FTMFW!) bugs me in the negative way. I do not like her type of character at all, and I hate couplings that appear forced to me, and her with kinji feels forced.

Maybe the manga version doesn't have the qualities that bug me, I'll have to read it. The anime version though, I haven't seen an episode yet where I liked her in it.
If you read the Novel your opinion about "forced" would be changed in the sixth and seventh novel.
The novel goes A LOT more in depth about the characters. The novel while making me rage to my boiling point is keeping me hooked.

Since no one can predict the future to 100% I am very scared while reading the novel, hoping that nothing breaks up my shipment, hell I'm a guy and I'm this immersed by their relationship, I really never feel immersed by relationships in mangas/animes, but this really catches me.

And yes, I'm a Tsundere lover, so my opinion might just be biased I don't know.
Old 2011-07-06, 22:04   Link #59
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjust View Post
If you read the Novel your opinion about "forced" would be changed in the sixth and seventh novel.
The novel goes A LOT more in depth about the characters. The novel while making me rage to my boiling point is keeping me hooked.
Actually it's quite the opposite for me... The more I read the novel the more awkward I feel about this pairing- some times it fits, some times doesn't.

Quote:
Since no one can predict the future to 100% I am very scared while reading the novel, hoping that nothing breaks up my shipment, hell I'm a guy and I'm this immersed by their relationship, I really never feel immersed by relationships in mangas/animes, but this really catches me.
Ahhh, you must be new to this

Learn to swallow that pain and suffering of the evil that is 'Coupling'... Nobody said that being an Anime Fan was easy!

Quote:

And yes, I'm a Tsundere lover, so my opinion might just be biased I don't know.
I don't know, as far as tsundere pairings go- This one doesn't quite wow me the way others do.

Aria as a tsundere... Something just doesn't feel right to me after 6.1 volumes. Looking back at some of my favorite tsunderes, I think Aria 'breaks' too easily- she reveals her vulnerable-emotional side far too often and doesn't strike me as a particularly strong girl; basically she has more chinks in her armor than necessary. Which would be fine as there are girly Tsunderes as well, the problem is she's suppose to be this tough lone wolf girl that doesn't care what people say or think and need anybody to look after her, but more often she comes off as too 'weak' emotionally to play that role.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-07-07 at 07:51.
Old 2011-07-07, 10:16   Link #60
Unjust

Quote:
Actually it's quite the opposite for me... The more I read the novel the more awkward I feel about this pairing- some times it fits, some times doesn't.
Hmm, isn't that "kind" of a good thing? That it doesn't fit all the time, wouldn't that mean that it isn't really forced?

Quote:
Ahhh, you must be new to this

Learn to swallow that pain and suffering of the evil that is 'Coupling'... Nobody said that being an Anime Fan was easy!
Yep, there are not many couples that are told good in Animes or Mangas, most of the couples are just blown past because they rush it too much, but Novels tend to describe more, giving it a lot more depth. So that might be it, and I will have to suck it up until Baka tsuki translates that 33%, because without that I can never be 100% sure of the outcome, which is making me crazy >_>

Soon I will probably break down and ask someone what happens in those 33%.

Quote:
I don't know, as far as tsundere pairings go- This one doesn't quite wow me the way others do.

Aria as a tsundere... Something just doesn't feel right to me after 6.1 volumes. Looking back at some of my favorite tsunderes, I think Aria 'breaks' too easily- she reveals her vulnerable-emotional side far too often and doesn't strike me as a particularly strong girl; basically she has more chinks in her armor than necessary. Which would be fine as there are girly Tsunderes as well, the problem is she's suppose to be this tough lone wolf girl that doesn't care what people say or think and need anybody to look after her, but more often she comes off as too 'weak' emotionally to play that role.
She does show her weak side almost instantly whenever Kinji goes into hysteria mode, but I feel that is what most girls tend to do in animes, they easily blush and easily tremble in front of the suave main character. But hehe, I don't mind her weak side popping up, I just find it adorable.

But maybe you are right, I didn't look at it in that way. I guess it just doesn't bother me, as long as they develop her and not keep her predictable. Because you know the scene when
Spoiler:
I was pretty sure that she would whip out her guns, but her other reaction surprised me a little. In that aspect they have improved her, making her less trigger happy and more whats the word "reasonable" maybe?
Closed Thread

Tags
characters