Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-30, 16:50   Link #161
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar
Very good series. I enjoyed it alot. Tho I am curious how did Daijuji and Al make them meet again in their own time? After all they flew off with Demonbane after arranging them (themselves) to meet once again.
As Kathryn Janeway once said, "My advice: don't try to make sense of time travel. It'll save you one hell of a headache."

(okay, maybe that's not an exact quote, I haven't seen that episode in forever, but you get the point )
Old 2006-09-30, 20:21   Link #162
Levski
Banned

Ok i tought this series was pretty awsome.

Positive things:

Episode 5: The way he handled her and the touchy part i liked Is this like the hottest scene seen in anime ever besides ofcourse hentai?

I LOVED how their relationship evolved. It was funny and how he constatly got called perved and that stuff even though most of the time he didn't do anything.

Cons:

I wish it showed them lead their lives a bit after they met. Maybe have a kid or something. Just 5 or more mins to just nail it in you know. Maybe having a sexy dinner on the beach lol...

Two questions:

Who were those guys on the end? I mean they looked like them, however more mature (Al was taller :O ooo) anybody know what the deal was with that?

Why didn't the robot remember him? Did he like go back in time or something? If he did go back didn't the Princess look like she remembered?

If Al is like 1000 years and he is like 20 or 25 and they marry what do they put for their age on the certificate? lol...
Levski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 21:00   Link #163
DwArD
mAnIaC

Er....forget about the marrying part. I'm sure most people here didn't even have that thought in the first place. I mean....how are people going to react when an adult married a....'loli'? Forget about the age but....its a crime to marry a loli! Furthermore, Al isn't human you know....so who cares about marrying as long as they're together....
Old 2006-09-30, 21:55   Link #164
Levski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Er....forget about the marrying part. I'm sure most people here didn't even have that thought in the first place. I mean....how are people going to react when an adult married a....'loli'? Forget about the age but....its a crime to marry a loli! Furthermore, Al isn't human you know....so who cares about marrying as long as they're together....
first the "nun" will give him shit cause he is with her

not mary (wrong usage of words) but like show them being together or something more than "i love you ok show ova"...

something a bit more... felt too sudden to end it. i kinda felt bad for her since she never was loved or loved anybody or pretty much felt emotions
Old 2006-10-01, 17:45   Link #165
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Of course the Demonbane anime has nothing on the original source material.. but still, i really enjoyed the anime - with it having one hell of a kick arse soundtrack. :3

It might take a while, or just another rewatch.. but i can easily see this show becoming one of my top 10.
Old 2006-10-01, 21:19   Link #166
Spinner187
Too old for Anime?

Good anime, but I didn't like how near the end the battle scenes last 4 seconds. I think it was in episode 11 that the titus/orge fight last 6.5 seconds, not very impressive. But the ending made even little sense.

1. Did Daj go back in time, before he met Al, but only he and Al remember everything?
2. Ok the whole tear jerking scene where AL and Demonbane send Daj back to earth just to end up seeing her at the bay with no explanation.
3. Who the hell are the doubles of Al and Daj that look older(The older AL is much hotter =P).

If anyone can fill me in, I would appreciated it
Spinner187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 21:28   Link #167
Spinner187
Too old for Anime?

Ok I guess I'm going to answer my own questions, and to help you guys out

this is from wikipedia.

"Demonbane TV's ending is entirely original, made up for the TV series. It at first takes after Al's good ending, but instead of having her drift through space for aeons, it has the Elder Gods Kurou and Al-Azif (from Al's true ending) rescue her and bring her right back to Arkham."

If you don't get it, it takes two ends from the actual game, and put them together.

I guess you have to play the game for it to make sense.
Spinner187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 22:58   Link #168
guitarboy

for those who've played the game, can someone please explain to me what actually happened at the end

thanks
guitarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 06:28   Link #169
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I really didn't know what doesn't make sense about the ending.. maybe you guys just need to rewatch episode 12 again to get it all into your heads.

Though i didn't know about the ending being new.. i'm liking that.
Old 2006-10-02, 09:37   Link #170
DwArD
mAnIaC

Well....the ending is pretty straightforward without the Kurou and Al Azif look alike appearing. My initial thought was that those two are....what Kurou and Al Azif will become? I knew they're the ones who bring Al Azif back to Kurou....the only thing I wanna know is....who are those two people?
Old 2006-10-02, 09:50   Link #171
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
who are those two people?
You just answered your own question me thinks.
Old 2006-10-02, 14:34   Link #172
Levski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
You just answered your own question me thinks.
so they become gods?
Old 2006-10-04, 14:24   Link #173
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
just wanted to say that ive just finnished the series yesterday and thought it was amazingly well put (overall as a series) and the end was really nice and happy ^_^ i like happy endings from time to time and having Al come back is just heart warming!
i think this series deserve more credit imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski
Episode 5: The way he handled her and the touchy part i liked Is this like the hottest scene seen in anime ever besides ofcourse hentai?
lol...i definatly have to agree with that...and seeing kurou getting kicked in the balls definatly made me roll around laughing XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 19:56   Link #174
Rainbow6

Kurou should feel blessed since he has so many.....'lolis' surrounding him. Man, i want that too
Rainbow6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 12:53   Link #175
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Demonbane Final Thoughts

Yep, I have finished another impressive title from the Spring/Summer season.

I already posted my thoughts for what I like Demonbane, but I want to add in that the score was fantastic to listen, particularly for the final episode. Fill with the despair, with glory, with loss of things and people attached to us, and with hope to become better for tomorrow.

Note: I HAVE NEVER PLAYED THE GAME.

Kurou shares some similar parallels with Emiya Shirou, the protagonist of Fate/Stay Night, respect with their ideals. Both take the mantle of heroes because they want to stop and prevent wrongdoings against other people and allow them to live peaceful lives of their choosing.
They bear the suffering without expecting to be rewarded nor be remembered for their accomplishments.

The difference lies IMO in that Shiro knows the world's on different shades of gray and still attempts his best not to stray from his ideals. Unfortunately, in other timelines or facets of his life he would have to come questioning on what he believes in for the sake to protect someone important to him, but at the same time forsaking his principles on justice.

Regards to Kurou, I think he was somewhat of naive about people in the world divided between black and white. His fight with Nero slapped him a bitter reality that helplessly sucked him into a dark void.
With the words from Al, however, he recovers and regains his beliefs. He upholds to his faith on justice, but he not allows to be blinded by it. He allows himself to be attached to people he cares in the world and not denies his love to Al.

Moreover, there are slight issues I have with Demonbane for the pacing. The first batch of episodes served as to introduce with the villain of the week, then the latter half has to engage Kurou and Al to take on those villains one by one as they are featured.
I think it draw precious time and was rushed, but I admit that the end for each episode left surprising twists or finished not in a conventional tone.

If I can say a good deal about the characters, I think most of the show was owned by Dr. West. Guaranteed, his character offers fine and smart comedy and the best one-liners. He was not taken to the extreme absurd just for gratuitious laughs.
He has knowledge, quirks, and can turn out to be an unsuspecting fighter with unexpected tricks.

Then, Elsa who simply kicks butt straightforwardly and no bush beating. I'm glad that few episodes had Elsa pilot along with Kurou the Demonbane. She may not know magic, but her machinery expertise, upgraded by Dr. West, allowed Kurou to pull out Demonbane from a couple of sticky situation.

As for the worst character, Ruri honestly tried my patience and got to my nerves. I hated the uselessness of her character that served just as the helpless damsel in distress, that at some key points the near-loss of someone made her hysterical amidst a chaotic situation.

Anyways, the series finale produced a punch, and the in-between episodes deliver some deep stuff with Al's monologue reflecting on her creation. For what purpose she serves?, and if every master she meets isn't differen from the previous one?

STRANGE EONS

There was a lot going in the last episode.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 12:45   Link #176
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Spoiler:

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 16:06   Link #177
sirtao

Spoiler:
sirtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 05:12   Link #178
Levski
Banned

In the end it was too fast and too cheezy. Not a good type of cheezy but a bit of a boring one. The series was pretty funny but the end was rushed like hell.
Old 2006-11-06, 15:34   Link #179
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
:Oooo i love the ending.Very happy seeing those two get to see each other again also with the other of them in the sky going to infinity n beyond , music also live up the mood , it wasn't the sad ed. If it is a sad ed i would be left in trauma like Air.Take me a week to recoverfrom the trauma ... (sheesh... i wish i don't cross over with ending like Air anymore... >_> )

In the ps2 ver. i got the bad ed .....
Spoiler:

Well that is for the game but with the tv happy ending , i am very happy with it

and yes... i love episode 5 :3 (okay, im not into loli... seriously )

RedFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 05:55   Link #180
nephilim
Loves Kaori

I think I'm rather slow... just finish watching the entire series and now I grew a new love for loli! (or maybe just Al Azif).

Spoiler:
nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote