AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-20, 01:46   Link #1
Idta

Show similar to sailor moon

hello everyone

I am just wondering if you guys know of any good anime that is similar to sailor moon?
I love sailor moon and am very sad its over, so now Im just looking for another show that would make me as happy as it did :P

Thank you
Old 2006-10-20, 01:56   Link #2
jedinat

Check out Card Captor Sakura.
Old 2006-10-20, 01:59   Link #3
Idta

thank you
Old 2006-10-20, 02:32   Link #4
alphabetsoup

I loved Wedding Peach when I watched it five or six years ago when I was into Sailormoon. It had a lot of the same aspects, but still different and worth watching. It's out in America on DVD now, so it's easy to get.
Old 2006-10-20, 02:45   Link #5
silviachan

I'd say Wedding peach, too... Cute series but not too long, or Pretty cure.
Old 2006-10-20, 07:54   Link #6
Idta

dude wedding peach looks a lot like sailor moon im gonna give it a try soon
its about 50 episodes right?
Old 2006-10-20, 10:26   Link #7
MamoruUsagi

Did you watch and read every version? 200 episodes of the anime, 18 manga volumes, 3 movies and the live action series and specials? I've watched and read every version. If you've finished the 200 anime episodes, you should read the 18 manga volumes or watch the live action version. I was a fan of this series back in 1995. So, have you seen and read all three versions? If you've seen all three versions, I'll tell you some similar series to checkout you'll really enjoy.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2006-10-20 at 10:58.
Old 2006-10-20, 13:45   Link #8
Idta

I did watch the whole series , and I am currently rewatching it, I saw the live action but I did not like it... and I didnt read the manga cuz well I dont know where to find it and im not too much into reading lol
Old 2006-10-20, 14:03   Link #9
MamoruUsagi

The manga you can get on amazon, it's really good, the anime is 200 episodes, the manga is 18 volumes, the live action series is good, but not as good as the anime or manga. The anime also has three movies. Which season of the anime was your favorite?

http://www.amazon.com/Sailor-Moon-Su...e=UTF8&s=books

The manga's real good.

You can buy most manga at Barnes and Noble and Borders

Here are some Similar series

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, similar series, but a lot shorter

Pichi Pichi Pitch Mermaid Melody and Pichi Pichi Pitch Pure, the sequel

Fushigi Yuugi (The manga is a lot longer and better it's 18 volumes, the anime ends early at volume 13) I really recommend you read the manga of this series, it's a lot longer and better than the anime, it's 18 volumes and the anime ends a lot earlier, while the manga continues on a long time from the ending. The theme is romance/fantasy and the couple are really great together. It has the same magical feeling.

http://www.amazon.com/Fushigi-Yugi-1...e=UTF8&s=books
Old 2006-10-20, 14:46   Link #10
Idta

hehe my fav season is Sailor moon super.
But I basically watch the show for the main purpose of Usagi and mamoru's love...Its so sweet and magical and just raaaaah!
lol

I did watch the movies and the 200 episodes btw.

And I will definatly check out those other shows and the sailor moon manga

Sailor moon kicks ass!!!
Old 2006-10-20, 17:10   Link #11
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

yep I've seen all eps of wedding peach and sailor moon (on tv when I was young), wedding peach is similar in the magical girl aspect but it's still got it's on thing going on with the plot but I do prefer sailor moon > wedding peach.

Besides that other magical girls
Cutey Honey Flash (on animesuki) and akazukin cha cha (on it as well and it'll make you very happy, it's very funny)
kaitou saint tail - magical girl but not for fighting evil

Last edited by xxanimefan4_ever; 2006-10-20 at 17:22.
Old 2006-10-20, 17:37   Link #12
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

New anime out called Happiness kinda reminds me of Sailor Moon, the blonde girl kinda looks like Usagi and when they "battle" its the same format. Those are really the only 2 similarities but I still like Happiness.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-10-20, 17:55   Link #13
MamoruUsagi

I was a fan of SM back in 1995 and the series is wonderful. I remember thinking if a series could even come close. Fushigi Yuugi is the other series that comes close. Fushigi Yugi is the series that comes closest in greatness. Well, the manga version does. The couple has a magical romance and faces a lot of similar obstacles like brainwashing, memory loss and breakups. There's also a proposal and secret rescues. The couple also has a lot of romantic kisses. The manga also continues on from the anime ending for a lot longer. The manga has a more romantic ending, and there's marriage and a child involved in the series as well. It has romance, fantasy and magic. It's the one series that can compare. The manga versions is great, while the anime version takes out some things from the manga, like the entire second half and a lot of romantic scenes. The couples also have similarities. The main character is clumsy and doesn't get goodd grades and likes to eat a lot. The main character's boyfriend is older, strong, mysterious, handsome, funny, loving and protective. The series really captures similar emotions. There's also a memorable scene where the main character's boyfriend gets brainwashed and a spell is put under him, but the power of love breaks the spell. It's a really memorable series with a great emotional storyline. So, I recommend Fushigi Yuugi.

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne is similar, as it involved reincarnation, secret identities, magic and the setting is similar, but it's a lot shorter and doesn't really grab the same emotions.

I recommend Fushigi Yugi (manga) for a similar epic storyline.
Old 2006-10-20, 18:18   Link #14
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

pretear is the more adult spin off of sailor moon
Old 2006-10-20, 19:30   Link #15
Idta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
pretear is the more adult spin off of sailor moon
I just watched the first episode and I got to say...From what I can tell from one episode, it looks like a great show. Im gonna be watching the whole thing but is it true there is only like 13 episodes? :S

Last edited by Idta; 2006-10-21 at 01:17. Reason: change of content
Old 2006-10-21, 11:18   Link #16
miaka

I'll second with Pretear. Its my favorite mahou shoujo anime. Its really a great show. and yes its only 13 episodes.

Try also Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha and MSLN'A - its also mahou shoujo genre. Its unlicensed and can be found here

you might also consider tokyo mew (licensed), Daa Daa Daa (aka UFO baby) since both also from Nakayoshi magazine (same shoujo mag that serialized sailormoon)

BTW: you might want to check Hitoshi Doi's site for information and details regarding magic girl anime (same era with sailormoon)
Old 2006-10-21, 11:21   Link #17
Jordus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamoruUsagi View Post
I was a fan of SM back in 1995 and the series is wonderful. I remember thinking if a series could even come close. Fushigi Yuugi is the other series that comes close. Fushigi Yugi is the series that comes closest in greatness. Well, the manga version does. The couple has a magical romance and faces a lot of similar obstacles like brainwashing, memory loss and breakups. There's also a proposal and secret rescues. The couple also has a lot of romantic kisses. The manga also continues on from the anime ending for a lot longer. The manga has a more romantic ending, and there's marriage and a child involved in the series as well. It has romance, fantasy and magic. It's the one series that can compare. The manga versions is great, while the anime version takes out some things from the manga, like the entire second half and a lot of romantic scenes. The couples also have similarities. The main character is clumsy and doesn't get goodd grades and likes to eat a lot. The main character's boyfriend is older, strong, mysterious, handsome, funny, loving and protective. The series really captures similar emotions. There's also a memorable scene where the main character's boyfriend gets brainwashed and a spell is put under him, but the power of love breaks the spell. It's a really memorable series with a great emotional storyline. So, I recommend Fushigi Yuugi.

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne is similar, as it involved reincarnation, secret identities, magic and the setting is similar, but it's a lot shorter and doesn't really grab the same emotions.

I recommend Fushigi Yugi (manga) for a similar epic storyline.
Hopefully Fushugi Yugi(the manga) is better then the series. Anyways, if you like Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne you definately need to check out D.N. Angel afterwards then, it has the same basic plot as KKJ, yet, its better imho.
Old 2006-10-21, 13:55   Link #18
moniiku

I think you'll like Mermaid Melody. It's almost just like Sailor Moon except the fighting style and character background. Like the Sailor Moon series, it has comedy, romance, magical girls, etc.
Old 2006-10-21, 14:21   Link #19
MamoruUsagi

Miaka and Tamahome / Taka have a similar story to Usagi and Mamoru. You should buy http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...e=UTF8&s=books the manga volumes. The stories have similarities.
Old 2006-10-22, 04:08   Link #20
Idta

all those shows sounds great Im adding them all to my anime list, so once im done with one ill start with the next

What do you guys think of Inu Yasha? Is it any good?
Closed Thread