AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-12-22, 22:52   Link #13321
Mimir
Stable and Ready to Roll

Location: I'm probably somewhere, but I can't seem to find myself...
I had an insane idea last night which is probably caused by mixing ramen, triple caffeine, and a pint of yogurt.

I don't know if this was suggested yet (I have no patience of checking 600+ pages to confirm) but here goes:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Mimir; 2008-12-22 at 23:19.
Mimir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 23:12   Link #13322
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimir View Post
Now what do you think? This has been driving me nuts.
Spoiler:
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 23:14   Link #13323
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Spoiler:
^^ Just PM him.
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 23:20   Link #13324
Mimir
Stable and Ready to Roll

Sorry about that, its just that I can't seem to get this out of my mind. T_T
Old 2008-12-22, 23:23   Link #13325
Arceon
Rediscovered
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Arceon
Oh god, its an epileptic tree! Run, hide your children!

But hey, if you really want to spice things up with that idea, add a slider, or alternatively, he/she is the slider that has yet to be introduced.
Old 2008-12-22, 23:29   Link #13326
Mimir
Stable and Ready to Roll

That's a nice idea!

Now you won't let me get any sleep. T_T

I'll try refining that idea.
Old 2008-12-23, 00:13   Link #13327
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyon.haruhi.suzumiya View Post
^^ Just PM him.
Yes, Captain Obvious. I mean, he'd have done it by now, right?
And yeah, we will need a slider to make this work... I think?
Old 2008-12-23, 00:51   Link #13328
TheodoreIV

But with parallel dimensions with multiple godly Haru(h/k)i's comes the old question of "What happens when an unstoppable force meets an inmovable object?". If two Suzumiya's with reality-alternating abilities are both subconciously attempting to alter reality in a conflicting way, what would happen? Like say, Suzumiya A wants a flock of pigeons to turn blue at midnight and Suzumiya B wants the same pigeons to turn red at midnight, what'll happen to the pigeons? And before someone says it, no, I don't think the pigeons would turn purple.

It's possible that the Suzumiya with higher desire for the alteration of reality would win the battle of 'whose change becomes the new reality'. In most situations their desires would be uneven, if only by the smallest amount of desire, seeing how the odds of both having the same exact amount of desire for a change sounds highly improbable. But in those situations where their amount of desire is the exact same, once again as asked above, what would happen?

So, what do you all think? Yes, I know that the 'The Ontology of Suzumiya Haruhi' thread is a better place for this question, however you guys' posts are more fun to read, so as a Haruhiist I shall choose what's more fun rather than what's right or wrong, or should or shouldn't.
TheodoreIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 00:53   Link #13329
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheodoreIV View Post
But with parallel dimensions with multiple godly Haru(h/k)i's comes the old question of "What happens when an unstoppable force meets an inmovable object?". If two Suzumiya's with reality-alternating abilities are both subconciously attempting to alter reality in a conflicting way, what would happen? Like say, Suzumiya A wants a flock of pigeons to turn blue at midnight and Suzumiya B wants the same pigeons to turn red at midnight, what'll happen to the pigeons? And before someone says it, no, I don't think the pigeons would turn purple.

It's possible that the Suzumiya with higher desire for the alteration of reality would win the battle of 'whose change becomes the new reality'. In most situations their desires would be uneven, if only by the smallest amount of desire, seeing how the odds of both having the same exact amount of desire for a change sounds highly improbable. But in those situations where their amount of desire is the exact same, once again as asked above, what would happen?

So, what do you all think? Yes, I know that the 'The Ontology of Suzumiya Haruhi' thread is a better place for this question, however you guys' posts are more fun to read, so as a Haruhiist I shall choose what's more fun rather than what's right or wrong, or should or shouldn't.
Gah, my head's spinning. I need my Tylenol. Downed with soda.
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 06:09   Link #13330
Mimir
Stable and Ready to Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheodoreIV View Post

I was thinking more on the lines of, what will happen if Haruhi from another world blames Haruki's friends for not being in her world to provide companionship she never had. She is like the Haruhi before she met John Smith, a girl lost in the immensity of the world, except with her abilities.. This led her to an antisocial existence, living alone from everybody else. She does not like to "create" a friend, knowing that whoever she creates would act according to her will (and like hell, that would be so boring).

But hey, I'm no Haruhi expert, I'm just speaking my mind aloud.
Old 2008-12-24, 01:18   Link #13331
ijuinkun

I would think that Haruhi vs. Haruhi (or Haruki) would boil down to a sheer battle of wills--not only who has the greater desire, but who has the greater determination/stubbornness as well.
ijuinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 03:48   Link #13332
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
o.O

Whatever. Back to Fallout.
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 09:14   Link #13333
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
I would think that Haruhi vs. Haruhi (or Haruki) would boil down to a sheer battle of wills--not only who has the greater desire, but who has the greater determination/stubbornness as well.
Do you happen to read/watch One Piece, because this would work in a Haki discussion.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 17:24   Link #13334
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

-_-"

Interesting idea but I just started to play Half-Life 2 after finishing the first one so... yeah. Nice idea though.
Old 2008-12-25, 00:41   Link #13335
Mimir
Stable and Ready to Roll

Oh well, I guess it was just a nice try...

But would it be overkill if I introduce another character in that scenario? -_- Guess I'm just persistent...

This time, shortly after the other Suzumiya appeared, a new student who is actually a slider from a different world transferred to Kyonko's class to replace the transferred Asakura. That person (not decided if it was a he or a she, but I was leaning on a she) actual mission was to isolate and purge the influence of the foreign Suzumiya from Kyonko's plane.
Interestingly, the slider was able to use powers a bit like Suzumiya, but with less intensity or degree. That slider is able to create a small closed space to isolate foreign substances introduced by the irrational Suzumiya, and terminate them. Also, he/she can also negate some of the other Suzumiya's powers inside her closed space, but only to some degree. Likewise, he/she is also knowledgeable about Itsuko, Nagato and Asahina's history to some extent.

I was planning to make it like he/she was a descendant of Suzumiya on another reality, but I guess I'm just going to far-fetched am I?

-_-
I really need to take a break. I'm just babbling now.
Old 2008-12-25, 02:22   Link #13336
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

But babble, other than actual work, is all we do here.
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 22:04   Link #13337
vivify93

Send a message via MSN to vivify93
I finally have private Internet back, huzzah! Now, to work on the social board backlog...
Old 2008-12-26, 00:50   Link #13338
Mimir
Stable and Ready to Roll

I had another idea. What if Okabe was substituted by another teacher who turns out to be a radical from the Agency? Itsuko investigated the motives of the Agence, and then she turns up absent for the next few days. Haruki, along with the SOS Brigade, went to Itsuko's home which was mysteriously deserted.
While Kyonko was on the way home that night, she was confronted by the substitute teacher who believed that she was a key to harnessing Haruki's powers. After narrowly escaping from being abducted, she enlisted Yuuki to help her figure out what is happening inside the Agency, and to help her find Itsuko.

-_-

I seem never to run out of strange ideas. They seem to keep popping on my head for no reason at all.

Heh, before I forget, Happy Yuletide seasons everyone...though I think I'm a bit late for the greetings...
Old 2008-12-26, 05:31   Link #13339
TheodoreIV

Feel free to turn these ideas into fanfics. It's not like anyone here can do anything else with them. All that's really being done is genderbending everything that's currently canon. It's not like we're creating new material within the genderbent universe (other than what's necessary to make a canon situation appropriate for the genders).
TheodoreIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 00:14   Link #13340
Mimir
Stable and Ready to Roll

I'm just doodling with my ideas, just to pass time. But I might try writing one if I get the "rush" one of these days...

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan