Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-20, 12:44   Link #1081
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Heh, I actually ended up dropping that series even though watching it was fun-- I was amused with what I saw, but it didn't keep my interest. But I hardly hate the show and I don't even think it's bad or a show deserving of being hated. I just didn't feel like watching anymore.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-05-20, 23:25   Link #1082
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
LOL. funny, the otherwise happens to me, everyone near me and what I'm seeing from some forum keep bashin' this one, Awhile this is one of my fave of all time. And you know because that I have a trauma to discuss this title

For me I'm finally find my dream watch a anime with 100% Hollywood Style. But I'm know I overrating this one.
Oh yeah I know that feeling alright, that's what Black Lagoon is to me. Of course that's why I completely understand why some here don't like it.

Sometimes I guess it just depends what communities you hang around. I know of one community that wasn't bothered by the shark-jump TM 8.0 pulled. This place however was very vocal about it.
Old 2010-05-25, 19:55   Link #1083
Idiot Bookman /SIG

Naruto. I find the whole thing insane and stupid. Sorry if I offended anyone but it is my own opinion and I will stick to it ..*sigh*
Old 2010-05-27, 01:58   Link #1084
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I doubt everyone else likes it, but if you want one series I've come to flat out give little or no hope and respect for; that is Sora no Otoshimono.

The main character is a psycho pervert who makes me wonder why he even has any freinds at all (and why some of the girls are attracted to him I'll never understand), and even though it has cartoony slapstick comedy (which I like) the perverted tones behind it all really ruins it for me.

The pretty much all-female supporting cast have absolutely no likeable things about them, ranging from being complete bitches to having no personality at all. All they're really there for is the smut. Nothing else.

What really flusters me though is the fact that a plot was actually attempted to be tied to this godforsaken series, in which it never goes anywhere because all I ever see is the main character trying to devise some new idiotic plan to get girl booty.

If this was a flat out smut with no actual plot then I'd be somewhat more content with what it includes, but as it stands now I can't bear it.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2010-05-27 at 02:38.
Old 2010-05-27, 03:43   Link #1085
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Elfen Lied
Seriously, it was retarded and yet everybody thinks it's serious and ingenious.
Old 2010-05-27, 09:09   Link #1086
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

^^Same, It's hilarious how people seem to cite it as deep and emotional when it's a bunch of rubbish.
Old 2010-05-28, 00:46   Link #1087
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
A lot of people love Arakawa Under The Bridge....but I can't get into it. I don't hate it but it's just a bit too weird for me to regularly watch....
Old 2010-05-28, 05:37   Link #1088
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

I have one. One I just recently finished.

FLCL.

Oh God. That shitty anime gave me a damn headache when I was done.
I applaud some scenes with the clever use of different animation styles, but overall, the substance of the whole damn show blew my mind in a negative way. =_=

And the characters...oh, don't get me started on them.
NONE of them was the least likeable. The main female characters were the worst.
Old 2010-05-28, 05:48   Link #1089
seiftis
~defying fate

Bleach, Naruto, *insert romance-comedy genre anime here*

I don't get WHY do a lot of people generally like these romance-comedy-harem (yes, the combo of 3) type of thing when sometimes it's just stupid to watch (not all of them, but most). Add fanservice to it... and I'm shaking my head in disbelief.
Old 2010-05-28, 05:49   Link #1090
boredandlazy

Claymore.

Raki is single-handedly the most frustratingly useless characters I've ever seen in anime. He annoys me to no end.
Old 2010-05-28, 07:59   Link #1091
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis View Post
I don't get WHY do a lot of people generally like these romance-comedy-harem (yes, the combo of 3) type of thing when sometimes it's just stupid to watch (not all of them, but most). Add fanservice to it... and I'm shaking my head in disbelief.
We like them because they're funny. I personally like them for the LULZ and the romance. But I prefer there to be a defined pairing in the end.
Old 2010-05-28, 10:07   Link #1092
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Ninjai ~ The Little Ninja haven't watched a worser display of V.Acting ever since FLC . And stereotypical characters don't even get me started on it
Old 2010-05-30, 01:06   Link #1093
Konishi Yukinaga
The last dinosaur

One Piece. I will never understand what people see in this show.
Old 2010-06-02, 17:44   Link #1094
Haruhi Suzumiya-chan
Ambiguous Tsukkomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konishi Yukinaga View Post
One Piece. I will never understand what people see in this show.
Thank you. I mean it.
For me, it would be One Piece, Death Note, Inuyasha and DBZ, DB, DBGT and all those versions that came out.
Old 2010-06-02, 17:58   Link #1095
Clayton
Antihero

I can't stand Evangelion. I mean it drove the creator insane and was just depressing.

Still I do enjoy the parodies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwjBVggZT1o

Old 2010-06-02, 20:30   Link #1096
witchbane

Code Geass
Gurren Lagann
Fullmetal Alchemist
Death Note
Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Old 2010-06-04, 00:36   Link #1097
Max Stirner

I always thought the first season of Higurashi was vastly overrated. I will admit that I have not seen the second season or Rei, but I don't really have an interest to do so. To me, the production values in terms of animation and voice acting just weren't there. The story was wonderfully twisted, but the last arc pretty much stomped over the great work that had been done in that category. Decent show, but not as great as many make it out to be, imo.
Old 2010-06-07, 05:00   Link #1098
FireChick

For me, anything ecchi. I don't see why people would want to watch that disgraceful garbage! Especially Kiss x Sis and Seikon no Qwaser! I mean, seriously, WHY?!?!?

And I also dislike Haruhi Suzumiya (don't murder me), Naruto a little bit, One Piece, and Fullmetal Alchemist (doesn't interest me).
Old 2010-06-07, 06:52   Link #1099
Vantek
Asleep Being

Code Geass.

Well, it's not that I hate it, but it's definitely the one which's popularity boggles my mind the most by far. I mean I personally wouldn't rate Naruto or Bleach or One Piece or FMA or Death Note or Monster anywhere near the top either, but at least I understand why people like them. But Code Geass? Really?! It's just an inconsistent hyperactive mess! A fishing net has less holes in it than the plot of this series which is almost entirely constructed out of devices and gimmicks. Charachter A is almost crushed by Char X, but at the last second gets saved by Char B, who is then about to get killed by Char Y, but then Char C rushes in at the last moment and saves the day, only to see Char Z reveal that all of their efforts were completely irrelevant compared to the threat that he now poses, and only Char D has anywhere close to the capability to turn things around. Then repeat this 100 times! Add in completely absurd mechanics for how things work in the hypothetical world, and long-winded postmodernist speeches which are obviously supposed to be all deep and meaningful but in closer inspection actually make about as much sense as penguins peeling potatoes in a vinegar factory so that they could suffocate the giant bald hamster to obtain his heart which is a massive ruby necessary for constructing a huge-ass laser to save the earth from certain destruction... And voila! There's some Code Geass for you!

How ironic that this is the show that ended up getting me into the anime... Through all the plot holes I could clearly see the potential for me to like this type of thing. I have actually watched through it twice. Both times I was ill and tired and deliberately wasting time. I give this anime five stars... out of ten.
Old 2010-06-07, 07:10   Link #1100
straferd
Toushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandlazy View Post
Claymore.

Raki is single-handedly the most frustratingly useless characters I've ever seen in anime. He annoys me to no end.
The Raki part made me smile, couldnt agree with you more. However Claymore is still my #1 anime. Try to ignore Raki and give Claymore a another chance.
Closed Thread