Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-29, 16:42   Link #1
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Tenshi Na Konamaiki

Anyone watching this series? I like it. It's funny and weird, but I like it. My only gripe is that Megu is a guy that got turned into a girl. You look at her and go "wow, she's cute!" then the other half of your brain goes "Like WTF dude?? She's a guy!!" hehe. It's weird having your brain wanting to go two different directions. But either way, I think the show is very funny and very enjoyable even if others don't.

What do you guys think of it?
Old 2003-11-29, 19:21   Link #2
Onsen

Unhappy

There's not enough TenKona love around
I've been watching the show for months, and I totally love it. The characters, animation, story...all great. I get kind of annoyed at how many eps revolve around perverts trying to molest characters, though.

Eagerly awaiting the last 20 eps

And I don't care if Megumi WAS a guy. Total Megu-luv
Old 2003-11-29, 19:22   Link #3
Chaotic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Anyone watching this series? I like it. It's funny and weird, but I like it. My only gripe is that Megu is a guy that got turned into a girl. You look at her and go "wow, she's cute!" then the other half of your brain goes "Like WTF dude?? She's a guy!!" hehe. It's weird having your brain wanting to go two different directions. But either way, I think the show is very funny and very enjoyable even if others don't.

What do you guys think of it?
I watch it ^_^ its awesome.. I think the demon only made miki and megu think megu was a guy ^_^ think about it.. change billions of ppl so they think shes a girl or change 2 ppl and make them think that megu used to be a guy XD
Old 2003-11-29, 19:34   Link #4
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Unhappy

its not done yet ..we have to wait huhuhu
Old 2003-11-29, 21:26   Link #5
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Man, this series is definately a tenchi series. Light sexual humor and lots of laughs and plenty of weird people.

Only real difference is this is a bunch of guys ganging up on a single girl (rather than the other way around) and trying to get a date with her. But man, that one guy. You gotta give him points for persistence. Heck, a couple of times I thought she'd (he'd?) crack. Very cool anime. I'm definately phyqued for the last 20 episodes too.
Old 2003-11-29, 22:06   Link #6
ARNEL98
Anime Fanatic

I like this series. I hope they finish fansubbing it... 22 eps to go...
Old 2003-11-30, 00:33   Link #7
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Definately. The OP and ED are kick@$$ and I love to watch them every episode.
Old 2003-11-30, 01:17   Link #8
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

love the series its funny as hell, patiently awaiting the next release.
Old 2003-11-30, 02:15   Link #9
Eikichi
Mad Dog Sawamura

Wohoo TnK fans!
Would you guys agree that TnK is one of the most over looked and under-appreciated series? A lot of people don't give it a chance because of it's animation style.
Old 2003-11-30, 02:42   Link #10
Zoya
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eikichi
Wohoo TnK fans!
Would you guys agree that TnK is one of the most over looked and under-appreciated series? A lot of people don't give it a chance because of it's animation style.
Yeah, I think it is a bit overlooked, but it usually has quite a few downloads, so it may be oft watched and little spoken of. Few series have made me laugh as much as this one, it's a great show.
Old 2003-11-30, 04:00   Link #11
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
I'm a big TnK fan~ ^-^ I love this series.
Old 2003-11-30, 04:52   Link #12
marin

The original intro song "Grand Blue" was the most kickin' intro song EVER.

I don't know why they had to change it for episode 27 on...

Old 2003-11-30, 07:42   Link #13
JediNight
キズランダム

I think thats going to be the sleeper surprise of the series as well -- that Megu was always a girl and the magic was just making Megu and Miki THINK she used to be a guy. Bc one of the recent episodes mentions how he doesn't have powers strong enough to "make him a girl forever" or whatever and that basically everything he's done so far has been illusionary in nature. So one could believe that everything was just a mind-trick on the two of them which would take alot less "magic power" than the other way.
Old 2003-11-30, 08:15   Link #14
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
I think thats going to be the sleeper surprise of the series as well -- that Megu was always a girl and the magic was just making Megu and Miki THINK she used to be a guy. Bc one of the recent episodes mentions how he doesn't have powers strong enough to "make him a girl forever" or whatever and that basically everything he's done so far has been illusionary in nature. So one could believe that everything was just a mind-trick on the two of them which would take alot less "magic power" than the other way.
Quite possible...I never thought of that. Actually I hope not, I really want to see Megu as a guy, it'll be interesting to see how everyone reacts around Megu. I wonder if those guys who always hang around her would still love Megu even though Megu has turned back into a guy.
Old 2003-11-30, 13:15   Link #15
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

It's interesting that the translation for Tenshi Na Konamaiki is "Cheeky Angel". Which means Tenshi Muyo would translate to "Forget about Angel". Uh, hmm. Why does the name sound so cool in Japanese but so dumb in english?
Old 2003-11-30, 13:58   Link #16
Asura Zanmaden
A-E Timer/Slacker

Send a message via AIM to Asura Zanmaden Send a message via Yahoo to Asura Zanmaden
Tenshi Muyo? Don't you mean Tenchi Muyo?

Hmm...that reminds me....I better go finish off a few more TnK scripts before I forget about them >_>
Old 2003-11-30, 23:21   Link #17
Eikichi
Mad Dog Sawamura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya
Yeah, I think it is a bit overlooked, but it usually has quite a few downloads, so it may be oft watched and little spoken of. Few series have made me laugh as much as this one, it's a great show.
I competely agree on both counts, the bit torrent links are swarmed by a good number of people upon release. I still think it would be wildly popular if TnK went with a more popular (or more common) style of character design, but then it wouldnt be true to the manga. Regardless, it's without a doubt currently one the more genuinely funny and well written series out there.
Old 2003-11-30, 23:31   Link #18
Eikichi
Mad Dog Sawamura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
It's interesting that the translation for Tenshi Na Konamaiki is "Cheeky Angel". Which means Tenshi Muyo would translate to "Forget about Angel". Uh, hmm. Why does the name sound so cool in Japanese but so dumb in english?
"Muyo" translate into "useless" doesn't it?
So shouldn't it be "Useless Tenchi"?
Old 2003-12-01, 00:02   Link #19
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I was to understand that Muyo meant "Forget". Hence the translation I heard of "Forget about Tenchi".
Old 2003-12-04, 05:34   Link #20
marin

Oh and anytime Maiki starts "talking tough" she totally sounds like a tita it's really hilarious

Why are the latter episodes of the fansubs from DVD but not the earlier ones too?
Closed Thread