AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-21, 07:28   Link #721
HasuMasu
*Artist

I actually think this series is built around
a reasonably interesting premise, then again
I'm a fan of Naruto, Infinite Stratos, and
such so you could say I'm extremely tolerant
when it comes to anime.
Old 2011-09-21, 07:59   Link #722
tsunade666

the premises of Hidan no Aria is wide from youkai, to androids to robot to vampire and werewolf and even vatican battle nuns aside from the royal butei and the butei. The armed prosecutors and even witch and sorcerer, magicians and warlock.

It's pretty bizarre too with the comes of magic users and ability users.

IS has an interesting GIRL ONLY CHARACTERS and naruto... what what's that? >.> well it still good but not that good like before.
Old 2011-09-21, 08:06   Link #723
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ That's what I was complaining about. You can't kill a person period, even if you have time traveling powers, magic or any of that. This restriction of character injury or death is reminiscent of Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX.

I don't know the reason why magic has to barge itself into a series which could have been much better with only guns, artillery and police/military tactics. They could have shut down a Yakuza group that's holding too much power, they could have helped out in an insurgency in Serbia, they could even perform a reconnaissance mission for fellow Butei trapped in battle.

Hidan no Aria could have been a decent light novel series, but it just became Infinite Stratos with guns and magic.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-09-21, 09:27   Link #724
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ That's what I was complaining about. You can't kill a person period, even if you have time traveling powers, magic or any of that. This restriction of character injury or death is reminiscent of Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX.

I don't know the reason why magic has to barge itself into a series which could have been much better with only guns, artillery and police/military tactics. They could have shut down a Yakuza group that's holding too much power, they could have helped out in an insurgency in Serbia, they could even perform a reconnaissance mission for fellow Butei trapped in battle.

Hidan no Aria could have been a decent light novel series, but it just became Infinite Stratos with guns and magic.
I agree completely in the italic though I also like the bizarre fairy tail settings but really when I first pick up the manga and then the volume 1 of the light novel. I only think of it's ass kicking Kinji in being bad ass main character with guns but what the heck did I get in vol 2 near the end.

A battle with a crazy miko and tsun witch. They spam spells here and there that it become super crazy that I didn't understand and believe at first that it's the hidan no aria that I read

at least in the anime they didn't show the spam of spells which is kinda disappointing because it's the whole reason of miko vs witch but at least the anime show a little ground back to being normal though even if it's not normal at all.
Old 2011-09-22, 04:42   Link #725
HasuMasu
*Artist

To be honest I really like the super-powers and such
well, maybe limited to HSS and well, Dracula...if they handled it better.
Old 2011-09-22, 05:20   Link #726
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
To be honest I really like the super-powers and such
well, maybe limited to HSS and well, Dracula...if they handled it better.
Hilda is a nice vampire. Vlad is a hybrid idiot dog vampire. It's not even funny that his more like a werewolf than one. Well he is a OGRE vampiris version of a vampire unlike his granddaughter or daughter Hilda which is your classy vampire that teleports and transform into bat or shadow form.
Old 2011-09-22, 06:09   Link #727
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
The FF.net page is like a ghost town, really,
I expected a bit more enthusiasm from the
fanbase, and here I thought this series was
a little more popular.
Well... Its pretty hard to develop this place.

Quote:

However, if there wasn't magic, I'd have disregarded this series as a miltaku show and never bothered to create Athra and Jim Bean... even when now Jim Bean's the protagonist.
Old 2011-09-22, 06:21   Link #728
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
One thing to keep in mind is that magic in HnA is not so dominating the setting that vanilla action heroes can gtfo, like in Nanoha OC, where the only way a vanilla action hero a la Drake (Uncharted series) can win is to have the plot sucking his cock. HnA don't have flight and magic shields that stop everything from bullets to biological and chemical hazards yet. You can still have a Butei infiltrating to investigate a criminal circle (an embarassing mission I have thought for Yasmin is one where she had to go undercover and investigate a club suspected of abducting girls to be shipped overseas, job being done while she have to be dressed up as a bunny girl waitress) to thwarting a terrorist plot a la Die Hard, or getting in a three way treasure hunt a la Indiana Jones. You are free to ignore the IU plot (I leave it to canon characters) or the things like royal buteis, etc... Earth is vast, and I don't think Aria is the sole supercompetent Butei around, and even then she does have her share of problems.
Old 2011-09-22, 07:04   Link #729
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ That's why I stated that the concept of Hidan no Aria needs Fanon Intervention to improve.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-09-22, 07:28   Link #730
HasuMasu
*Artist

And that we shall do!!
Old 2011-09-23, 09:51   Link #731
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

And that's why I have 2 prongs in my fic.

Well, 1 now that its all about a certain super Lezzad.
Old 2011-10-01, 22:12   Link #732
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Hello all, I'm starting up my fic after some thinking and
I'd like your input on this little cut-out, anything that
I could improve, do your worst.

Spoiler for BEHOLD!!!!:
Decently interesting snippet - caught my interest and I'd be quite curious to see more.

However, I should note that Narita Airport and Tokyo Butei High are place names; as such, place names are not italicised.

Anyhow, my further thoughts regards Aria - magic and thimajigs aside, one thing I like about this series is that, like Ghost in the Shell (specifically Stand Alone Complex, which IMO is the best-developed version of the GitS universe), there's a great scope for OCs and such to operate. Don't want to deal with the magic and wizards? That's fine - leave that to SSR and handle the terrorists and kidnappers. I use Section Nine as a guide - Laughing Man and Individual Eleven aside, they had a wide variety of cases, from hostage rescue, to counterintelligence, to getting crooks to implicate themselves, and with judicious application of violence and firepower.

Also... while it's fine to have all sorts of villains, let's face it - our OCs are supposed to be cops, so their opposition needs to be scaled accordingly. I use Stand Alone Complex as a guide: the strongest opponent Section Nine went up against was the Umibozu in episodes 24 and 25, and they got their asses kicked hard. They do much better against criminals, however...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-11-04, 03:14   Link #733
ming101

so when do you plan to release your fanfics??? and where???
Old 2011-11-06, 03:10   Link #734
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

This author is now on hiatus due to increased activity in Infinite Stratos OCs...
Old 2011-11-06, 03:12   Link #735
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
This author is now on hiatus due to increased activity in Infinite Stratos OCs...
That thread will die down eventually, then I'll be a little more free to do other stuff.
Old 2011-11-06, 21:02   Link #736
ming101

great... will gotta wait then.....
Old 2012-03-07, 01:03   Link #737
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Just sprung out from my head recently. I think Jim Bean and Élise Kujo would soon have another OC companion from another series... Mifune Nagasaki, weapons researcher and granddaughter of Yune Nagasaki from Ikoku Meiro no Croisée.

Still not sure if my fanfic series would even take off. D:

Old 2012-03-07, 04:37   Link #738
Lenaisian
The Undead Summoner

I don't know if these OCs of mine will be qualified as new Original Characters here on this thread (because they're not buteis -- they're vigilantes hounding on the Philippine Islands being hunted down by buteis), but these are the new OCs in my first crossover project (I am working on this project, believe it or not, but as for now; it's stalled at 7.5%). This story also has certain elements from real events that happened in the Philippines.

Quote:
ORIGINAL CHARACTERS (Hidan no Aria - the [NEW] Manila Kingpin Crossover project by Lenaisian):

Tomas M. Xavier - The new Manila Kingpin of only eighteen years old and the "grandson" of Nicasio "Asiong" Salonga (he was born from incest, but his heritage is still from Salonga himself). As the national leader of th vigilante group Tri-star Capitol Alliance, he is merciless when it comes to those who commited crimes but escaped from the law. He hunts criminals down, and brings them to justice his own way, much to the distaste of the Philippine Government. He is not yet in the priority list of any Armed Detective Academy in the world (as they are still fighting the E.U.), but the president of the Philippines requested the assistance of any armed detective from any academy in the world in order to get rid of him. He is also the leader of the Pampanga chapter, also known as the dreaded Mark of Lenaisian Chapter, much to the amazement of his comrade-in-arms. As leader of the said chapter, he gave up Tondo to the Black Eden Chapter leader Totoy Golem II. Even though that his and Totoy Golem's grandfathers had a struggle for Tondo in the past, they were good friends and also drinking buddies. They both share the same interests, principles, and they both are anime otakus. His armory in a safe house in Tondo includes an AKS-74u, a Springfield Armory Model 1911 .45 ACP, an AMT .45 Hardball pistol, a Russian-made AKM-47, a Norinco QBZ 95 rifle, a sumpak (the one used in the 2012 New Year's eve killing*) and a pair of trashpicks as his melee weapon, all of these are smuggled/illegally created into Philippine soil.

Totoy Golem II - The Tri-star's Black Eden Chapter leader, assigned in Tondo. He is Totoy Golem's grandson; twenty-three years of age. He may be serious at times, and show deep hatred against the armed detectives (his family unjustfully massacred by, what other people said, armed detectives), he is a kind-hearted right-hand man of Tri-star's Supreme Council president (none other than Tomas Xavier). He is also seen walking in Tondo's crime-ridden streets with "goons" around him (his close friends and members of the Black Eden Chapter), and is very strict when it comes to enforcing laws in his chapter. He owns a Danao-made revolver fitted for .38 caliber ammunition, a sumpak, and two Assassin Knives (he forged an almost-exact copy of the Assassin Knife from Crossfire, but he rarely used it.

Roman Miranda IV - Roman is the newly-elected leader of the Tri-star's Cavite Chapter; the Miranda's Black Dragon Chapter, assigned in Trece Martires, Cavite. The said chapter's former leader; the local warlord and Roman's father, Roman the Third, has joined the Tri-star Capitol Vigilante Alliance five years ago, in order to force criminals to change their way of lives... or face his wrath by summary executions. He (Roman IV) is known to be hands-on with his suspects, and is as brutal as his father would be in the heydays of the Black Dragon Chapter. The Miranda's Black Dragon Chapter are notorious for executing criminals according to the worst crime they have done... and dump their lifeless bodies anywhere they want to, without any identification (the suspect's remains had its head severed, fingers and toes removed, tattoos being peeled off, and a note with the Black Dragon logo written on the front and behind it, a warning to all criminals to change their ways, leave, or face their wrath). He owns a Ghost suit complete with a radar jammer (the Ghost suit, according to him, is not a cloak of physical invisiblity; it rather gives invisibility to those who depend too much on heartbeat sensors), an AKM-47, and a field shovel (he is known to be "Cavite's Killer Shovel").

Raul Disierto - The twenty-two year-old chapter leader of Disierto Pest Control Services, a chapter within the Tri-star Alliance assigned in Paniqui, Tarlac. he and his twin brother, Ronnie, are leaders of the said chapter, but not any member from their chapter had qualms about it. He always wear his "MOS getup: Global Risk Version" (an exact copy of the Global Risk MOS getup in Crossfire) even in the heat of the day, in fact, he had five sets of it in his closet. He and his twin brother doesn't believe in "summary executions", but their group being a part of the Tri-star Capitol Alliance is a total contradiction. He owns a Bizon PP19 sub-machine gun, a pair of Ruger Vaquero single-action/double action revolvers, and a kukri (the one used by the Gurkha Fighters).

Ronnie Disierto - The twenty-two year-old twin brother of Raul and also the leader of the Disierto Pest Control Services. While his twin brother does all the dirty work, he plays out as the group's most reliable informant... to the point that he made almost-accurate profiles of the five Armed Detectives that were assigned to do Tomas Xavier. He always wear his "MOS getup: Black List Version" even in the heat of the day, and some of his close friends and members of their group called him "Lourd de Veyra**," because his voice resembles Lourd's especially when singing covers of famous songs popularized by the band Radioactive Sago Project. He claimed to have met Jeanne d'Arc on his so-called "mexican standoff" in Paris a year ago, which Jeanne (later in the story) never denied. He owns a Thompson M1A1 (WWII type) with a drum magazine, a pair of mini-Uzis with aftermarket magazines fitted for 32 rounds of 9x19 mm ammunition, two Taurus Tracker .357s with speed loaders, and also a field shovel.

Angelo Dimaporo - The second leader of the Dimaporo Warlord Clan which holds territory in Sultan Naga Dimaporo in Lanao del Norte. He is the younger brother of the clan leader Valentin. Even on travels, he and his brother never had a day that they have never wore their long robes on (and even their hadjs), as they wear their own colored long robes over their casual wear. He is two years younger than his brother, but his experiences in fending off rebels, military personnel and wayward members of other warlord clans only with his favorite weapon: his Russian Rocket-propelled Grenade, earned him both fear and respect from the people across Mindanao. He is a kris holder; but he also use the kris to kill people, when in fact, the said weapon is only an ornamental display of power among the other Moslems.

Valentin Dimaporo - The leader of the Dimaporo Warlord Clan, and a former member of the Al-Qaeda Terrorist group assigned in the Philippines. He became a notorious figure in Mindanao when he brought justice to the victims of the infamous "Maguindanao Massacre***" by killing Zaldy, Andal Jr. and Andal Sr., members of the Ampatuan Warlord Clan who are the prime suspects in the said case; by open-firing at them outside the Philippine Supreme Court Hall. He escaped (after the killing) by using decoys of the same escape vehicle he rode in, then he rode a ferry to the nearest port in Iligan City in Lanao del Sur. He owns an AKM-47, and an Arab-made scimitar, which he uses as a melee weapon.
* - The 2012 New Year's killing was an event that involved a beating and a killing of a 20+ year-old man, who, according to eyewitness accounts, started a brawl that caused his death. The case is still unsolved
** - Lourd de Veyra is a journalist, TV host and the vocalist of the Radioactive Sago Project. He is currently the host of his own show, The Word of the LOURD.
*** - The Maguindanao Massacre is the largest mass-media-related killing in the history of Philippine Journalism. The said event involved members of the notorious Ampatuan clan of Maguindanao, including Zaldy, Andal Sr. and Andal Jr. The case had been on its second commemoration year November of the last year. The case is still unsolved.
Old 2012-03-07, 04:47   Link #739
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

^ you're welcome anyway.

Quote:
Just sprung out from my head recently. I think Jim Bean and Élise Kujo would soon have another OC companion from another series... Mifune Nagasaki, weapons researcher and granddaughter of Yune Nagasaki from Ikoku Meiro no Croisée.

Still not sure if my fanfic series would even take off. D:
Hmm... Sounds like things are going to be... Menage a Troi?
Old 2012-03-07, 04:59   Link #740
Lenaisian
The Undead Summoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
^ you're welcome anyway.
Oh, thanks a lot!

BTW, I'm having dilemmas right now; whether to continue it or not, because... get this, I can't concentrate when I'm with (not entirely) stupid company... especially on my house. Tch, wish I can continue this project without any backlogs and/or apprehensions.