AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-03-07, 03:46   Link #1
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Does Animesuki play any sports?

I know we're all supposed to be those guys (and girls [and those of us who are older and prefer not to be called "guy" or "girl"]), who are holed up in our rooms, apartments, houses, mansions, etc. watching anime and engaging in anime-related activities for the greater portion of our days, but I would assume that at least some of us leave the house sporadically to enjoy activities of the sport variety.

So, in short, if you play any sports, post what sport and maybe some details, position, number, experience, etc.

Here goes:
I play Rugby in the Southern California conference.
I've been out for a while due to injury, and have recently returned, but I was a first-string Blindside flanker (#6) and second-string (backup) Hooker (#2), but I've played every position except Flyhalf (due to the fact I'm not a great kicker) and Prop (I'm averagely built, so I'm not quite the right size.)
Three years playing in U14 and U16 leagues, and I've received dislocations, broken bones, and what seems to be permanent nerve damage. On the other hand, I've given my fair share of concussions.

It keeps my mind off of anime so as to prevent addiction, too, so it serves a double purpose.

Casually, I play American football, some basketball, and a bit of real football, though usually not very often for any of the three.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 04:53   Link #2
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

The only team sport I ever played was soft ball, back in my primary school days. Was in an after school club (somewhat of a rarity a the time) for two years. Never looked back, though. Moved on to bigger and better things. Really just don't understand the appeal of team sports (especially watching them, not even playing o.O) But yeah, later on I was more in to athletics, and the so called 'extreme' sports.

Though these days the limit of my physical activity is cycling and swimming, I used to be very active in rock climbing, abseiling (rappelling as some call it) and led a caving group for a while. Though cave/angel diving has been made illegal since then. :\ Too many injuries and fatalities from idiots doing it in stupid places. Unfortunate, but I digress.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 05:03   Link #3
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I used to play defense in our local soccer team waaaaaay back when I was younger. It was one of those small leagues that parents are always putting together for the sake of their kids.

We weren't the worst team, but we weren't the best either.

The thing I remember the most is when we got owned 0-6 during our very first match.

As I grew up I played a bit of baseball, but only from time to time and only during the weekends. >_< Can't say I do a lot of sports now.
Old 2008-03-07, 05:18   Link #4
f|iP

Send a message via MSN to f|iP
I use to play boxing judo and some other fighting stuff , rugby league till i broke something in my neck >.> and did something to my spine so I was told to stop all contact sports till I am 18 and my neck and back can take it but I was able to keep soccer i play for under 18s A team so i guess u cloud say i am not bad at the sport but i am now convincing mum to let me play foot ball 1 year early so next year all tho i am 17 in oct >.> but I should be aloud to go back to football,boxing,judo i have won 1 grand finely for soccer best thing ever won most my boxing matches and judo but i took that bad tackle speared so yer ^_^
f|iP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 05:24   Link #5
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Well I used to swim twice a week for the club 'ealing dolphins', then I got into tennis playing 8hours a week for about 2 years, eventually got too expensive and the squad become a joke from what it once was. Now I just play football/soccer every week with my friends for fun and some exercise. I don't exercise nearly as much as I once did but I don't really care its fun being lazy
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 07:28   Link #6
solidified

School & League Basketball: Starting small forward for both
Football (NFL kind not soccer): Wide Reciever & Safety (for fun games only..didnt try out for team)
& now im getting into Tennis ^^b
solidified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 07:56   Link #7
EXEs
Hallelujah...

I play rugby for a club, started at October last year. My position is hooker, and as the team jokes, I'm the richest player on the team :P
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 09:17   Link #8
Kristen
*Author

I used to swim a lot back from when I was 7 until I was 15. I still swam for my high school after that, but it wasn't the same improvement as being part of a club team. After I graduated high school, I think I've swum once? My knee problems have a lot to do with my fallen swimming too.

And, Marching Band is a sport, so I'll write it here. Still a member of that.
Old 2008-03-07, 10:57   Link #9
oompa loompa

i hear ya.. no1 believes that i watch anime lol - i think its crap personally, u dont need to be a geek to be into anime and if ur a jock it doesnt mean ur stupid either.. everytime some1 says that i shove my SAT score in their faces

mmm ive done

varsity track - i used to do the 400, then i started hating it and switched to 100.. though not really at good as that

varsity soccer - true im not in any state team or anything, being on the soccer teams more of a fun thing cos i love the game.. doesnt matter now since im not really in school anymore.. i play central defense usually

also a huge arsenal fan as it happens

i do play quite a bit of squash as well.. and used to work out twice a week until exams and studies starting catching up to me.

having said that i never learnt to ride a bike when i was a kid lol

coming to injuries not as grand as that list lol, but ive broken my arm , and got a slip disk playing sports

Last edited by oompa loompa; 2008-03-19 at 09:51.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 11:05   Link #10
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I'm The conerback for my school's Football Team (american football)
Old 2008-03-07, 11:14   Link #11
Utter_iMADNESS
Life's better in a harem.
*Graphic Designer

I'm on my schools track & field team as a sprinter. My specialty is the 100m sprint but I have no endurance so I basically stop at the 400m sprint. I also play a lot of sports with my friends: tennis, baseball, soccer, and american football. I also do a LOT of mountain biking but I have to wait for the summer to be able to do that
Old 2008-03-07, 11:21   Link #12
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

I'm a horse girl. I have two horses
(if horseback riding counts as a sport).
Mon Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 11:31   Link #13
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
practicing jujitsu (about 6 ~8 hours a weeks) + various other occasionnal sports (swimming running bike etc etc)
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 12:22   Link #14
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
I practice and play Table tennis as much as I can.

I wouldn't be able to live without it :x
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 13:57   Link #15
strung_out

Send a message via MSN to strung_out
boxing, i have my own little boxing gym in my basement. I try to exercise everyday but it gets a little hard to do that when all my shifts at work are 12 hours long =(
I might start playing basketball and maybe getting back into skateboarding when summer hits but I already don't have enough free time as it is, so I'll just have to wait and see.
strung_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 14:06   Link #16
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer

I play tennis about 5h/week
Avantoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 14:56   Link #17
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
I practice and play Table tennis as much as I can.

I wouldn't be able to live without it :x
I love table tennis Im very talented (or so people say) but I only get to play a few times a year unfortunatly
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 15:10   Link #18
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Occasional soccer (both sons play it vigorously), golf, hiking, kendo and other swordplay, basic gym exercise.

I used to do karate and aikido, but seriously fell off the track when the dojo nearby closed up and the remainder in the nearby area are really just all those forgettable "american karate" studios.

edit: oye, forgot about skiing. I'm also completely ignoring the "sport" vs "physical recreational activities".... though I *have* competed at some point in most of those activities.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-03-07 at 16:34.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 15:30   Link #19
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I play basketball for fun in the gym, but not competitively. The same goes with table tennis, even though you have to be fucking crazy to play that competitively. If chess counts as a sport, and I don't want to discuss this subject for 10 pages, then sure, I've played that competitively.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 15:40   Link #20
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Snowboarding all the way. Of course, that's winter time. Summer, it's soccer, biking, sprinting...Mind you, out of fun, not in a competition. I never liked the competition thing...unless...Is street racing a sport? Heh... I would say martial arts, but it's only a sport if you compete is how I see it. I didn't learn various martial arts to treat it like a game. There's the occasional roller blading, basketball, football and other sports, but yet again, fun, not competition.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote