AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-06, 09:40   Link #381
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Plenty of great stuff in the Limited Edition that's for sure.

Now time to dive into another Tales game and wonder why it's suddenly dark out !
Old 2013-08-06, 11:03   Link #382
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I am so pissed. Usually Gamestop would put more padding, but what they put in the box with my Collector's edition (I know I know, Xillia has practically "childhood friends lose here!" written all over it but I can't resist collectors editions lol ) was just two air bags and thats it. Which resulted in a crease near the edge of a back corner, which from a distance isn't noticeable, but it irks me to no end whenever I inspect the damn thing.

But holy crap scalpers. This thing is already going for DOUBLE its price in ebay? Makes me wonder if I should resell the damn thing since the outside box is not in pristine condition.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 12:04   Link #383
Zakoo

I curse all of you. All post until friday should be deleted.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 12:14   Link #384
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Ign has been uncharacteristically generous towards this game seeing as its a JRPG, 8/10.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 12:14   Link #385
finalfury
Incognito

Got the game. -does happy dance-
Really hope Namco does the same LE/DAY 1 edition with Symphonia Chronicles and Xillia 2 in the future.
Reviews overall are pretty positive especially for a tales game. Surprised that GameInformer gave it an 8.25.
Old 2013-08-06, 13:02   Link #386
Kurohane

Anyone been on tumblr? Theres a countdown for both North American and European release. Of course, American release is over, but there is still Europe. Each day someone posts a new fanart. For those who haven't, check it out: http://xilliacountdown.tumblr.com/.

@Chas2Frozen and finalfury
Love your signatures!
Old 2013-08-06, 15:05   Link #387
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

can any of you guys give me the list of english voice actors? I only know Sam Riegel's voicing Jude

Alvin's voice really sounds like Troy Baker but I'm not sure. Whoever it is, he's doing a prety good job. His english voice is pretty similar to Tomokazu Sugita too, so I'm really happy. I like Sam Riegel better than Tsubasa Yonaga as Jude as well.

as for Milla, it's too low for me. I dunno, maybe it's just me. No one can compare to Miyuki Sawashiro
I'm probably being biased since she's my favorite jp voice actress, but it's true anyway

haven't met the other characters yet. Will post my thoughts about their voices after I've met them

as for gameplay, the battle system is fun. Especially those linked artes. It's new and the linked artes are pretty cool. Last tales I've played is Graces where there's no tp, now I'm relearning to conserve and bring back lost tp

A Rotating camera in overworld, towns and dungeons is definitely what Tales needed a long time ago. It's a good addition. I'm so thrilled on playing Xillia (not as thrilled as I would be if it was undubbed though)

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 15:11   Link #388
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
can any of you guys give me the list of english voice actors? I only know Sam Riegel's voicing Jude

Alvin's voice really sounds like Troy Baker but I'm not sure. Whoever it is, he's doing a prety good job. His english voice is pretty similar to Tomokazu Sugita too, so I'm really happy. I like Sam Riegel better than Tsubasa Yonaga as Jude as well.

as for Milla, it's too low for me. I dunno, maybe it's just me. No one can compare to Miyuki Sawashiro
I'm probably being biased since she's my favorite jp voice actress, but it's true anyway

haven't met the other characters yet. Will post my thoughts about their voices after I've met them

as for gameplay, the battle system is fun. Especially those linked artes. It's new and the linked artes are pretty cool. Last tales I've played is Graces where there's no tp, now I'm relearning to conserve and bring back lost tp

A Rotating camera in overworld, towns and dungeons is definitely what Tales needed a long time ago. It's a good addition. I'm so thrilled on playing Xillia (not as thrilled as I would be if it was undubbed though)
You don't have to worry about bias. It's a universal truth that Sawashiro makes a perfect Milla.
Old 2013-08-06, 16:11   Link #389
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
You don't have to worry about bias. It's a universal truth that Sawashiro makes a perfect Milla.
QFT, she is the best of the best afterall.

Anyone tell me who Elise's eng VA is? A friend of mine thought she sounded like Ruby Rose from RWBY.
Old 2013-08-06, 16:32   Link #390
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
It breaks my heart because some reviews said that Millia's VA (Eng dub) was the weakest link of the voicing
Old 2013-08-06, 17:14   Link #391
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
So... about an hour into the game... gotta be honest...

I'm not really getting a "Tales of" feel from this game so far with the characters, the soundtrack, or even the graphics. I'm getting more a... "Star Ocean" feel from it surprisingly. Not to say I'm not enjoying the game, lovin' it~
Old 2013-08-06, 22:31   Link #392
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I'm already liking the 3 party members so far.

Jude's a medical student which means he's very smart, but he can also kick ass with only his fists! A doctor who can fight, best of both worlds.~

Milla's a very dignified and capable woman who's attractiveness isn't pushed to an unreasonable degree. Plus her lack of knowledge on how humans and the world they live in work is subtly cute.

Alvin's just a fun laid back guy with a sense of humour and a heart of gold, it's pretty hard not to like these characters as long as they keep their libido sensible and he's doing just that.

I believe there's still 3 more party members in the future? I wonder if there will be one I won't end up liking.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2013-08-06 at 22:45.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 01:57   Link #393
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I'm not really getting a "Tales of" feel from this game so far with the characters, the soundtrack, or even the graphics. I'm getting more a... "Star Ocean" feel from it surprisingly. Not to say I'm not enjoying the game, lovin' it~
I think you'll be getting it after you know more about the world-building

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 05:49   Link #394
Xemnonsis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Jude - Sam Riegel
Milla - Minae Noji
Alvin - Matthew Mercer
Leia - Lauren Landa
Elize - Unknown (credited as Suzetta Minet in the Metal Gear Solid series)
Rowen - Todd Haberkorn
Teepo - Erin Fitzgerald

Klein - Keith Silverstein
Driselle - Janice Kawaye
Ivar - Unknown

Gaius - Travis Willingham
Muset - Unknown
Agria - Kate Higgins
Presa - Ali Hillis
Jiao - Patrick Seitz (according to some)
Wingall - Unknown

Natchigal - Patrick Seitz
Jiland - Liam O'brien
Xemnonsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 09:21   Link #395
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I can't believe how rusty I feel getting back into the saddle This is my 3rd tales game already and I still feel like I'm re-learning everything again

But compared to Graces F last year, I got the hang of it (again) a lot faster this time heh.
Old 2013-08-07, 09:38   Link #396
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xemnonsis View Post
Jude - Sam Riegel
Milla - Minae Noji
Alvin - Matthew Mercer
Leia - Lauren Landa
Elize - Unknown (credited as Suzetta Minet in the Metal Gear Solid series)
Rowen - Todd Haberkorn
Teepo - Erin Fitzgerald

Klein - Keith Silverstein
Driselle - Janice Kawaye
Ivar - Unknown

Gaius - Travis Willingham
Muset - Unknown
Agria - Kate Higgins
Presa - Ali Hillis
Jiao - Patrick Seitz (according to some)
Wingall - Unknown

Natchigal - Patrick Seitz
Jiland - Liam O'brien
much appreciated!

oh man, a friend of mine guessed that Agria is voiced by Pascal's eng VA
can't believe he's right

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 10:18   Link #397
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Just out of curiosity to those who know more about the game, how different is Milla's POV opposed to Jude's?

Does it need to be saved on a separate save file too?
Old 2013-08-07, 10:23   Link #398
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You get events that relate to the character you initially selected (therefore, if you select Milla, you won't see the initial intro with Jude healing people etc). Past that, you still control both of them anyway.

The choice of the character is inherent to the save file. You cannot switch between Jude and Milla storyline at all during the same playthrough, you have to play the game twice for that.
Old 2013-08-07, 10:25   Link #399
Kirayuki

Yes, it need 2 separate save files.

And Milla's POV is mostly when she is alone and/or separated from the main party, Jude's POV gives you better perspective and narration on the whole plot.

If you intend to only play 1 character and the game once, I'd recommend playing with Jude.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 10:36   Link #400
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

That's what I figured, but does it happen often enough to really warrant playing through the game twice?

If they're together most of the time it seems kind of unnecessary to have this POV choice.