AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-03-10, 23:53   Link #1
Altron8

How to lower RAM???

I just heard to lower ur RAM if ur comp keeps restarting from downloads, which is has for me.
I noe this might be a dumb question but how do u lower RAM???
Cuz it jus keeps restartin on me. Thx for the help
Altron8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 01:23   Link #2
Altron8

Computer restarts, how to lower the...

Just like the othas...

i did read the otha forums about this restart thingy, its just i heard it helps to lower the power settin or ram or sumtin for tha bit torrent. I have Azureus and i read tat u need to lower sumtin and it like stops rebootin ur comp. Dunt noe if it works though.

Sorrie but can someone tell me the process to this, cuz im gettin sick of the rebootin and i didnt really get on how to do it on the otha forums.

Thx a bunch
Old 2004-03-11, 04:36   Link #3
Shadowlord
~DESU

there should be an option in your bios that allows you to choose the frequency your ram is running at
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 05:18   Link #4
nooc

You might also want to check your cpu/hd/mb temp.

Try speedfan: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
or some similar program to monitor the temp.
nooc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 10:01   Link #5
Altron8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord
there should be an option in your bios that allows you to choose the frequency your ram is running at
This mite be a stupid question... but how do u find BIOS on ur comp, may i ask tat can u tell me the steps to lowering the frequency of my ram
Thx a bunch
Old 2004-03-11, 10:06   Link #6
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

To get to the Bios is a bit tricky since the key is different for some computer types...

right when you start your computer you should see come kind of starter screen (since my comp is an NEC i see the NEC screen...and for Compaq you would see the Compaq) and its during this time that you need to press either Esc, Dlt, F1 and i think there were a few other different ones...but those are the main 3 i know...unfortunetely i can't help with the rest...

Since i see your not to familiar with the bios be careful as to not change anything that you're not sure about...cause playing around with the bios can be pretty dangerous if you don't know what your doing...
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 10:21   Link #7
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Would lowering the priority setting in the task manager be a viable option for him?
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 00:14   Link #8
Altron8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
To get to the Bios is a bit tricky since the key is different for some computer types...

right when you start your computer you should see come kind of starter screen (since my comp is an NEC i see the NEC screen...and for Compaq you would see the Compaq) and its during this time that you need to press either Esc, Dlt, F1 and i think there were a few other different ones...but those are the main 3 i know...unfortunetely i can't help with the rest...

Since i see your not to familiar with the bios be careful as to not change anything that you're not sure about...cause playing around with the bios can be pretty dangerous if you don't know what your doing...
Well its del for me, and i got most of tat down, how much much shuld my ram be then, im guessin im suppose to put it lower than the one i have rite now, rite?

And also the task manager thing, how do u go there???

Sorrie im really stupid wen it comes down to this kinda stuff