AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-14, 20:33   Link #81
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm still not sure about this, but my enjoyment grew as episode 2 went on. I love the way the bear puts "-kuma" ("-bear") at the end of every sentence. Sounds perfectly natural, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 21:49   Link #82
Elehayym

This episode was ok, but I'm starting to be confused...
In the character profiles for the game
Spoiler for game profiles and ep2:

Makes me wonder how game and anime are related exactly, is anime an alternative retelling with the same characters?

Anyway, I'm liking the characters and the seiyuu are doing a great job. Story doesn't look that interesting for now and it does feel a bit too rpg-like but hopefully it will improve once we get to the "main story" (if there is one! )
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 00:01   Link #83
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Weirdness.

In a good way, kuma.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 12:27   Link #84
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Boku wa Kuma ~kuma
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 12:38   Link #85
TrueKnight

Animations went downhill from the previous ep but still enjoyable. Kyrie is useless yet again lol. But somehow I don't see him as annoying as most of the useless male leads, maybe because he's already a wuss in the first place and not actually try to stand in front of Morte's path, plus he's more like a comedic relief I guess. Kuma-guy remains awesome as always when saving the stupid cat girl.

Anybody know what beastkin is Lia? Is she a dragon by any chance. Lol @ her expression when she froze against Kyrie. If its indeed love at first sight then hillarity is guaranteed in future eps.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 14:54   Link #86
Elehayym

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Anybody know what beastkin is Lia? Is she a dragon by any chance. Lol @ her expression when she froze against Kyrie. If its indeed love at first sight then hillarity is guaranteed in future eps.
Yeah she's supposed to be a dragon
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 17:40   Link #87
Ashlotte
Clockwork

I think I love Lia...Gun totting gothic wearing dragoness? Yes please...

*cough* Putting that aside wasn't a bad episode. The action scenes animation kinda took a hit but oh well...Still hoping for a clarification on what they mean when they say "World Destruction". That and learning more about the state of the world would probably help in understanding just why morte is on this little crusade of hers...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 18:26   Link #88
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I noticed from the credits that P.A Works and Studio DEEN provided supporting animation. P.A Works was responsible for last winter's True Tears, which featured gorgeous art and animation, so I'm guessing that the shoddy animation quality in the second-half of the episode — which tigerwoods observed — was probably a result of DEEN's involvement? I seem to recall alot of grumbling about this particular studio, so I wonder if someone can confirm my suspicions?
I'm afraid that you are wrong. If you checked key frames and inbetween frames by frame advance (I hope you can tell at a glance without doing things like that though), you'd know that it's just as the key animators and the animation director designed. You don't need to see inbetweener section of credits unless you're a crazy animator otaku.

Talking of animation director, that of ep3 is HIM, Ishikawa Kensuke, all guys who watched Noein know. I myself can't wait, but you guys will say complains about his art style again, won't you? Or I wonder if you haven't noticed him yet?
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 18:50   Link #89
kaosmos

Kinda disappointed by lia....i thought she was going to be the "never lose her cool" type of girl.....and what i get:"ROAAARRR! MASSACRE!"

....But there's still kuma,the hero.
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 01:42   Link #90
yozaku
Always Idle

lol kuma te iuuna kuma (remind me of nami hitou )

lol at last kyrie has use, againts lia off course
yozaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 04:30   Link #91
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
Toppi, or whatever the teddybear is called, is confirmed as the best character of the show with episode 2.
This episode was good but not as good as the first one, though jokes really made me laugh.

Spoiler for Episode 2:

So far I also like the veil of mistery behind Morte's reasons for destroying the world, but I think this "destroying" may not be a physical one, in which the world cease to exist but a sort of reset or something like that.
If it turns out that she literally wants to wipe out the world from existence, then they'd better make up some good reasons.
Old 2008-07-17, 20:30   Link #92
blewin

Just finished watching episode 1, and I must say, the premise of the show is subversive! very different. World destroyers rather than saviours, and lumped into the group without knowing so! (at least for our main hero and the teddy bear) I really like the different take on fantasy quest.

The teddy bear looks like the one in FMP Fumoffu. Double cuteness.

Animation is smooth. Character design is fairly good. Let's hope the show gets even better.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 21:46   Link #93
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Spoiler for theories on plot:

Well this was a great episode. I think that kuma is awesome. I did not realize that he was this cool when I changed my avatar. But the only think that could make him better is if he would of went pedo bear on the cat girl, lol. Oh I was hoping for it when he picked her up, lol. But still I am wondering what type of organization is the world salvation committee (or whatever its called), they seem to be made of beast people with assassin like tendencies. And they seem to have ninjas on morte and com... Man they always know where they are...

Spoiler for random fanboy thoughts:

Well great episode, can't wait for the next one. I wonder why this series is not as popular? What the hell are people watching this season???
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 22:50   Link #94
kujoe
from head to heel

There's probably something "wrong" with the world, and in order to "save" it (or rather, reset it..?) it must be first "destroyed". Or something like that... I don't think Morte is really out to cause the apocalypse.

This is anime is on the ok range so far, and it has gotten me interested in the upcoming DS game of the same name—which I think is its main purpose from the very beginning. It seems that the anime sets itself apart by having a few differences from the game, so at least it won't be just a repeat of what I'll be knowing. For one thing, Kyrie is made of more "main character" material in the game, not to mention the character relationships are a bit different as well.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 00:26   Link #95
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
There's probably something "wrong" with the world, and in order to "save" it (or rather, reset it..?) it must be first "destroyed". Or something like that... I don't think Morte is really out to cause the apocalypse.
That would be so dissapointing. I hope she is out to cause an apocalypse.
Old 2008-07-18, 02:34   Link #96
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
So far the series is enjoyable because of the veil of mistery around the real meaning of world destruction, if Production I.G is able to use this at its own advantage, the show might turn out absolutely awesome.
Old 2008-07-18, 06:49   Link #97
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
That would be so dissapointing. I hope she is out to cause an apocalypse.
lol
sorry for the useless post, but that was funny, imo....
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 23:11   Link #98
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm still not sure about this, but my enjoyment grew as episode 2 went on. I love the way the bear puts "-kuma" ("-bear") at the end of every sentence. Sounds perfectly natural, too.
Well assuming you didn't play Persona 4.. I wanna stab my ears out each time I hear a -kuma sentence ending.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 08:35   Link #99
jwai

I think there are a few bits here and there that suggest that humans in the setting of World Destruction are treated as second rate by the otherkin. Could the Destruct Code be something to tip the balance in favour of humans?
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 08:37   Link #100
Tiberium Wolf

God! The "-kuma" is the win!

Tags
fantasy